Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,261 members, 7,829,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340661 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lander237: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
nobleudeme:
I just did further search on BU and I'm so pumped up. Can't wait to get started. The school is relatively new (Est. 1992 or so) with new buildings and infrastructure. The atmosphere and environment seems friendly and welcoming. We also have two Nigerian acting as the Student Union President and VP in SUBU team of 5. The town is majorly a service area with so many retail shops, cinema, hangout spot, the beach. Lansdowne where "my campus...lol" is located recently initiated a new project aimed at improving the area into a modern commercial business district by 2021...This will hopefully attract more firms as well as encourage startup businesses in Lansdowne Bournemouth in the nearest future. This means there will be creation of more jobs and this to me is good news. Did I also mention that I saw some really SWEET flat at 300 PCM. "Disclaimer I Neva travel o...I still dey Naija, na just information sourced from the internet ooo"

And that's how someone who's travelling abroad makes proper research. thumbs up!

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 7:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
Cigbojugha:

Minimum recommended initial deposit is 5000 but the school know that some people find it difficult making such deposit from Nigeria so I got another mail asking me to pay 2000.

The discount is called London discount. I guess its for London campus international student.

Tanx Bro. But with initial deposit of £2000 payment, do you know if they will allow you to travel to UK after issuance of visa or you need to make 50% tuition fee payment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
What brand of beer do you drink bro

nobleudeme:
I just did further search on BU and I'm so pumped up. Can't wait to get started. The school is relatively new (Est. 1992 or so) with new buildings and infrastructure. The atmosphere and environment seems friendly and welcoming. We also have two Nigerian acting as the Student Union President and VP in SUBU team of 5. The town is majorly a service area with so many retail shops, cinema, hangout spot, the beach. Lansdowne where "my campus...lol" is located recently initiated a new project aimed at improving the area into a modern commercial business district by 2021...This will hopefully attract more firms as well as encourage startup businesses in Lansdowne Bournemouth in the nearest future. This means there will be creation of more jobs and this to me is good news. Did I also mention that I saw some really SWEET flat at 300 PCM. "Disclaimer I Neva travel o...I still dey Naija, na just information sourced from the internet ooo"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Franklyn4: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
nobleudeme:

You can make a good content writer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
You always must pay 50% on or before enrolment
Phenmeson:

Tanx Bro. But with initial deposit of £2000 payment, do you know if they will allow you to travel to UK after issuance of visa or you need to make 50% tuition fee payment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pittoilet(f): 11:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Anitaamich:

What course did you apply for? nursing??
Not nursing. Data science and AI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pittoilet(f): 11:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
nobleudeme:

I also carried out same research and my findings got me really interested in BU. Not as expensive as people portray it though.

I am also still in naija o �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Godlove087: 12:28am On Apr 14, 2020
Please I’m considering changing career,is it possible to study nursing in UK without a science background because I study economics at undergraduate level?,little research on internet net and quora but need a first hand experience from Naija
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 12:31am On Apr 14, 2020
nobleudeme:
lol isn’t it the BU I know you are overhyping like this? The school that is predominantly dominated by foreigners which the British citizens refuses to attend. Or isn’t the school that it campuses is scattered around Bournemouth as if it a tutorial Centre. Please choose wisely. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 1:52am On Apr 14, 2020
Why are you always sounding negative? If the uni is predominantly dominated by foreigners, so what? British citizens don’t attend gini eme? So what? campus is scattered around the city, ehen what happen? Drop the negativity please. It won’t take you anywhere
Tobexin:
lol isn’t it the BU I know you are overhyping like this? The school that is predominantly dominated by foreigners which the British citizens refuses to attend. Or isn’t the school that it campuses is scattered around Bournemouth as if it a tutorial Centre. Please choose wisely. A word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Megadixh: 6:35am On Apr 14, 2020
Greetings...
Thanks to everyone for responding to my previous question.
Hopefully my spouse ll be accompanying me as a dependent of which she eligible to work full time.
My question is, will it be possible for her to get certificate of sponsorship from employer and then switch to tier 2.?
Or It must follow the sequence of me graduating and hopefully gets a job and CoS from employer and then our status Change from T4 to T2.

I appreciate all advice and guidance.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 6:45am On Apr 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
You always must pay 50% on or before enrolment

If is 50% on or before enrolment, that's not a bad idea because I know some university requires 50% and above after issuing offer letter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ELff: 7:15am On Apr 14, 2020
Phenmeson:

Before introduction of Post study visa, after finishing course, most students are expected to return back home. I only see 2yrs course as waste of time only if you have jobs waiting for you back home. Having 2yrs visa and work permit can transform one's life depending on your commitment. We all know that once 1yr visa is expired, he /she becomes an overstayer.
Your UK motive is wot matters a lot. Some people are here to get the Degree and return home, why some for greener pasture.

Thanks Phenmeson for your respouse. My plan is to stay back oh. Get a job after school, I do not not coming back to Naija except I am visiting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ELff: 7:15am On Apr 14, 2020
justwise:

Two years course is not a waste of time, it gives you enough time to study and also work part or do internship if you want.

Thank you Justwise. I also checked most schools and the course is a one year course. I am looking at Business Analytics, the alternative which is Data Science is also a one year course in all schools I checked. It is well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ELff: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2020
Franklyn4:

@ELff, depending on your course. If you are going for ICT , Engineering, and medical course etc where you need to workless than 20hrs a week and read more to excel while forgetting about much savings. 1year will put you under undue pressure....these course needs external cert to excel in them.......so they are better written after the 1st year with you 2yrs PSW still in tact . IN 2nd yr, you can combine some other things while u work for ur 20hrs a week .In some courses, 1 year is the best decision.
Thank you Franklyn4, my first choice is Business Analytics, second is Data Science and they are both one year courses. I have decided to learn python and hopefully be grounded to a good extent by September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 14, 2020
ELff:

Thanks Phenmeson for your respouse. My plan is to stay back oh. Get a job after school, I do not not coming back to Naija except I am visiting.

With one year MSc, you are also eligible for two years post study visa if you start your studies in September. You can work immediately work full time after your study but for two year program, you will still be restricted for 20 hrs per week and pay high ihs fee.

Your mission is to get tier 2 or what is now called post brexit immigration work visa. This counts for settlement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 14, 2020
Megadixh:
Greetings...
Thanks to everyone for responding to my previous question.
Hopefully my spouse ll be accompanying me as a dependent of which she eligible to work full time.
My question is, will it be possible for her to get certificate of sponsorship from employer and then switch to tier 2.?
Or It must follow the sequence of me graduating and hopefully gets a job and CoS from employer and then our status Change from T4 to T2.

I appreciate all advice and guidance.

Yes. Tier 4 dependant can switch to Tier 2 in the UK. Your wife can work full time with her Tier 4 dependant visa too.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 14, 2020
Godlove087:
Please I’m considering changing career,is it possible to study nursing in UK without a science background because I study economics at undergraduate level?,little research on internet net and quora but need a first hand experience from Naija

Yes it is possible. Try University of Hertfordshire MSc Adult Nursing. It is a 2 years program though as you have no prior background.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 7:28am On Apr 14, 2020
ELff:

We all wanted change and now we are on Next level. I beg we need yu for 9ja jare. We youths are leaders of tomorrow.
Back to biz, if yu study on 1yr visa, after graduation, you stay behind and work for 2yrs in UK. Simple arithmetic, you are legally in UK for 3yrs.But if yu study on 2yrsyr visa, after graduation, you stay behind and work for 2yrs in UK. Simple arithmetic, you are legally in UK for 4yrs. The ball ⚽ now dey your hand

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nobleudeme: 7:45am On Apr 14, 2020
Na Budweiser

omopapa:
What brand of beer do you drink bro

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ELff: 10:31am On Apr 14, 2020
Phenmeson:

We all wanted change and now we are on Next level. I beg we need yu for 9ja jare. We youths are leaders of tomorrow.
Back to biz, if yu study on 1yr visa, after graduation, you stay behind and work for 2yrs in UK. Simple arithmetic, you are legally in UK for 3yrs.But if yu study on 2yrsyr visa, after graduation, you stay behind and work for 2yrs in UK. Simple arithmetic, you are legally in UK for 4yrs. The ball ⚽ now dey your hand

Thank you so much. This Country ehn, I have given up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 11:35am On Apr 14, 2020
Phenmeson:

You will be allowed to travel, enroll and even commence class while you pay the balance. Just note what the policy says but they are also flexible.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2020
You cannot start class if you have not paid the 50% balance o. Yes you can travel but you will not be able to enrol if you have not paid up that 50%. My friend said the immigration officer even asked him to show the tuition balance at the airport. He showed them 50% balance and his father’s statement with the rest. Let’s give accurate information pls.
Cigbojugha:

You will be allowed to travel, enroll and even commence class while you pay the balance. Just note what the policy says but they are also flexible.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
Phenmeson:

Nice one. However, the period you are on a study visa and PSW visa does not count onto 5 year settlement route.

However, the study visa and PSW visa only counts towards 10 year settlement route.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
Even study visa or PSW does not count towards 10 years route & you cannot study for more than 5 years at a stretch. Else rich men kids will do foundation 1 year, bachelors 4 years, masters 2 years and phd 3 years with 1 year stayback after the phd and get residency for their kid.
Check immigration reports or documents you will understand better. Only work visa counts towards residency. It’s only Eu countries like Estonia Poland etc that your year of study counts towards residency and it’s calculated with 0.5. So if you studied in Poland for 4 years, only 2 years will count but NOT FOR U.K. Let’s advise accurately
hosey:

Nice one. However, the period you are on a study visa and PSW visa does not count onto 5 year settlement route.

However, the study visa and PSW visa only counts towards 10 year settlement route.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 12:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
You cannot start class if you have not paid the 50% balance o. Yes you can travel but you will not be able to enrol if you have not paid up that 50%. My friend said the immigration officer even asked him to show the tuition balance at the airport. He showed them 50% balance and his father’s statement with the rest. Let’s give accurate information pls.

Those are the points that needs to be explain properly by anyone already in the university or with similar situation because getting question about the 50% balance at point of Entry is critical. Just want to have clear mind if the payment of £2000 can get someone in the country without any assault

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 12:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
This your information is so inaccurate and misleading 'Facepalm' 'sighs'

10-year route counts to indefinite as long as you have stayed LEGALLY no matter what visa.
You can study for a max for 8 years
Not only work permit leads to residency. Don't you think spousal count?

Skymoore1004:
Even study visa or PSW does not count towards 10 years route & you cannot study for more than 5 years at a stretch. Else rich men kids will do foundation 1 year, bachelors 4 years, masters 2 years and phd 3 years with 1 year stayback after the phd and get residency for their kid.
Check immigration reports or documents you will understand better. Only work visa counts towards residency. It’s only Eu countries like Estonia Poland etc that your year of study counts towards residency and it’s calculated with 0.5. So if you studied in Poland for 4 years, only 2 years will count but NOT FOR U.K. Let’s advise accurately

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 12:55pm On Apr 14, 2020
This is inaccurate, as long as u have stayed in the country legally, it counts towards ur 10 years

Skymoore1004:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:

I am yet to travel but I have someone already in the said school for September 2019 batch so this is like a first hand information. We also have couple of guys here who are already schooling so they can help us clear the air.
I know what the policy says and I have come to understand that these policies are not rigid as long as ur intention is not to break it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2020
Can you provide a source support this ? Thanks
omopapa:
This is inaccurate, as long as u have stayed in the country legally, it counts towards ur 10 years

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
Yes spouse visa counts of course I was just responding with the context for the earlier message. Study visa does not count towards 10 years. I’m constantly researching and reading about residency. Don’t worry I will attach the link from the government website soon
Bourne007:
This your information is so inaccurate and misleading 'Facepalm' 'sighs'

10-year route counts to indefinite as long as you have stayed LEGALLY no matter what visa.
You can study for a max for 8 years
Not only work permit leads to residency. Don't you think spousal count?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ok Goodluck
Cigbojugha:

I am yet to travel but I have someone already in the said school for September 2019 batch so this is like a first hand information. We also have couple of guys here who are already schooling so they can help us clear the air.
I know what the policy says and I have come to understand that these policies are not rigid as long as ur intention is not to break it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.