Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? (39352 Views)

Can You Marry An Ex~ Convict / How To Forgive An Ex / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by emmylight4u: 6:10am On Sep 07, 2015
I attended one but it was not funny. The lady cried all tru the wedding when sited me. She even left the husband to dance with me more than 3munites with serious tears in her eye. I left embarrassed.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by alausaone(m): 6:13am On Sep 07, 2015
Sister for me i will advise you not to go, if the so called wife to be have heard something good about you and would love to meet you, it should not be on their wedding day , as long you both are matured you can ask the guy why the woman insist she want you to be present in her wedding someone you barely no..... in another word it might also be that the guy think he has got a hot good looking women and he want to make you feel his going for the best.... some consider beauty as a good quality , in conclusion it is possible too in African believe may be he was told that he has offended someone in the past, that he should find favor from you. that is if he happened to be the one that played d Drama during your relationship with him...... Finally if at last you decide to go please make sure you dress fine and look attractive also don't go alone go with any of your friend that you are always comfortable with
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by scentmarlc(m): 6:13am On Sep 07, 2015
Freecocoa oya wear your owambe garment and swerve to anoda wedding party , not his. If truly d wife insist, trust me its not coz she likes you its definitely coz she wants to size u up. Apparently her husby hasn't stopped whinning about you and on more occasions than one, he must have made some comparisons which could have awoken the ayamatanga in the lady. So this cud serve as a gud opprtunity to nicely-demean you and make you pay for being too gOod with her husby in d good old days...grin grin

Abeg don't tell me u didn't get wat I sed o
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by islandmoon: 6:14am On Sep 07, 2015
samokoduwa:

Hmmmm... u spoke so well about her n ended her with such weakness, if u through love her u for stay na... but I get, see we are just painting blue black. The question is simple. Two ex were dating, so nature bring issue, both decide to part with small drama but don't know if na series drama or those drama that have part 1,2,3 and even up to 5. Now one is getting married, the ex wife as she is invited.

Answer, I was thinking if both ex part, all is well so it does not matter if anyone attend any event but reme drama was involved so u being to think For the lady, to come put her thot for nairaland shows she has thot of go or not to go! Don't go, finish. And let sleeping dog lie.

No, not weakness , i couldn't afford her ..only our politicians will be able to, i couldn't afford to eat out everyday of the week, take our clothes to the dry cleaner all the time while she watch telemundo, pick her up all the time cos she hardly use public transport, she cant even cook indomie, people said I spoilt her! anyway i got tired sha but the memory still lingers ..may be i wouldn't have bothered if i was a rich guy cos she is very brilliant lady, very intelligent.

so, if i see her at my wedding, i wont truly be comfortable!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by CandyBar: 6:17am On Sep 07, 2015
I'll go........ if the breakup was amicable....

Truth be told.....we can't marry everyone we date, if so......sharper guys for no gree person date even 1.

wink wink wink
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:31am On Sep 07, 2015
Favolly:
I'm think it's really weird that the wife wants you there. Why??
To rub it in your face that she won the 'prize'? Or is she just one of those overly-pleasant people who don't know what awkward means? Because insisting that you attend her wedding seems kinda awkward to me
GOD BLESS YOU!

COCOLARIO,COME HERE IF YOU NO GET HUSBAND, FIANCÉ OR BF WEY GO FOLLOW YOU GO CHOP RICE THERE, GIRL ,PARK YOUR AZZ AT HOME.

1 Like

Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by jabourne4u(m): 6:38am On Sep 07, 2015
Take a frnd or two along.That's d best way darling.I attended my ex- last. Aug 1st.It was good with my real frnds around.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by dalass(f): 6:39am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:
I said I never thought he wouldn't, not that he'll never.

There was a little drama but we both decided to be mature about it.
Hope you are already married.. Very important! Also the bride just wants to rub it in your face oh.. Dont go! it is obviously not the guys wish... Am sure you wouldnt enjoy it!
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 6:43am On Sep 07, 2015
morereb10:

Seriously, do relationship actually end in peace? Weird.

Yeap it does. When both parties don't hold grudges against themselves.
Its not weird
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by doskie(m): 6:46am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:
I'm not sure, not like he doesn't want me there per se, more like, it could be a distraction.
I dont advice you to go. not at all. if I were I would agree to go just so I can avoid unnecessary persuasion and talk. but on the wedding day. I wont show up. later send an apology text that you missed it unavoidably because. ..... so so so and so. ofcourse the river of reasons never run dry. why dyou still have his contact anyway?
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by felifeli: 6:49am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:
Here's the thing, an ex called me last week(my first boyfriend) to invite me to his wedding, the issue now is that I don't know if I should honour the invite, he said his wife insist he invites me(he didn't want to )I know he did love me and he was quite the model boyfriend then(he could pass for the types in mills$boons grin)and we have talked since the break up but I never thought he wouldn't invite me to his wedding, and now to call me to say his wife insists he invites me is kinda shocking/confusing, I always knew I would honour the invites I have the time to attend to,still I'm wondering if I should sit this one out, I partly want to go because it will be like a kind of reunion with old friends(even some who have to travel from very far for this) yet somehow, I feel like not going, he didn't sound happy to invite me, he was cold.

Would you go if you were the one?

Get a life
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by megawax8: 6:53am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:
Here's the thing, an ex called me last week(my first boyfriend) to invite me to his wedding, the issue now is that I don't know if I should honour the invite, he said his wife insist he invites me(he didn't want to )I know he did love me and he was quite the model boyfriend then(he could pass for the types in mills$boons grin)and we have talked since the break up but I never thought he wouldn't invite me to his wedding, and now to call me to say his wife insists he invites me is kinda shocking/confusing, I always knew I would honour the invites I have the time to attend to,still I'm wondering if I should sit this one out, I partly want to go because it will be like a kind of reunion with old friends(even some who have to travel from very far for this) yet somehow, I feel like not going, he didn't sound happy to invite me, he was cold.

I didn't read other people's comments, perhaps you have answered something like this.

Why do I feel something still happened between you two after the 'break-up'?

If you kept in touch, it means you are friends. If I were the one, I'd attend if I am invited.

My candid advice, ask him if he wants you there cos he is the person that is your friend and not the wife.
Did he want to invite you before and the wife objected only to accept reluctantly?
You are no exhibit to be sampled at a wedding or mocked to say the least with the 'I am the one he finally put the ring on: the winner of an unseen battle', you could always pay them a visit some other time.

Cheers.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 6:54am On Sep 07, 2015
DrGroove:
I don't know how some ladies think with their brains
How do you even keep in touch with your ex that he can contact you n invite you for his wedding?
I don't understand
Anyway,that invite is just to spite you.If his fiancee is behind it,thats worse.the lady just wants to embarrass you
Madam stop the insult biko, why can't a person talk to their ex? Is there a law that makes it a crime or what? If you believe talking to an ex is a no no, doesn't make it the right thing for everyone else.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Ajih4us: 6:55am On Sep 07, 2015
Favolly:
I'm think it's really weird that the wife wants you there. Why??
To rub it in your face that she won the 'prize'? Or is she just one of those overly-pleasant people who don't know what awkward means? Because insisting that you attend her wedding seems kinda awkward to me
Not a good invitation,I will not honor it.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by aderonkedeborah(f): 6:56am On Sep 07, 2015
Yes
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by LordReed(m): 6:57am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:

I would go if invited. I would go in your place since the wife insisted on the invite unless of course the invite has malicious intent ie to rub it in your face. But I don't think that's the case or do you think so?
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 6:59am On Sep 07, 2015
doskie:

I dont advice you to go. not at all. if I were I would agree to go just so I can avoid unnecessary persuasion and talk. but on the wedding day. I wont show up. later send an apology text that you missed it unavoidably because. ..... so so so and so. ofcourse the river of reasons never run dry. why dyou still have his contact anyway?
One thing I try my best to do is not to be in malice with anyone, I find my heart isn't built for such, btw, it's not like he and I talk often, calling me to invite me is the only time we've talked this year. As per having his contact, there are some contacts you don't even need to store in your phonebook, his digits is one of such and I'm sure he has mine stored in his brain too.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by johnpraise(f): 6:59am On Sep 07, 2015
of course I would....in a similar situation and am attending
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by mattfeuter(m): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:

Free Jollof rice HELL YEAH grin grin grin
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by jnrbayano(m): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2015
Freecocoa,

He didn't invite you, the wife-to-be did albeit through him. He won't have the moral rights to accuse you of turning down his invitation.

Do you know the wife? No you dont. So why would she want you to attend her wedding? I don't know. Do you know? I doubt you do but I know you can afford a plate of rice and a bottle of wine. Yes I am sure.

If I must attend, that's if I'm in your shoes, I will arm myself with my partner/lover.

Otherwise, meeting those old friends which I think may lure you there can wait to be reunited with.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 7:03am On Sep 07, 2015
LordReed:

I would go if invited. I would go in your place since the wife insisted on the invite unless of course the invite has malicious intent ie to rub it in your face. But I don't think that's the case or do you think so?
Walai if I was sure, I wouldn't have opened this thread, from how we left things, he was still into me and kinda angry about the breakup, I don't know who his wife is so I was surprised with the manner of invite, it seems rude to me.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by balogunsam(m): 7:04am On Sep 07, 2015
I attended my first and ever gf's wedding last month and it was awesome. Never met the husby but heard much about him. I attended with my fiancee who was all dolled up and we walked majestically....she had a front table prepared for us!! And treated us real good...now, that was a great relationship that just didn't work out as we grew up and found differences. It was hurting at first breaking up but with time we realized it was for the best...and yes, I left there feeling super cool as she was all smiles when I walked in and she actually stood up from the stage and came to greet us!

Soooo.....you had the relationship, you know the guy...if it was a beautiful "Union bank" for you two that just didn't work, then please go.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by justi4jesu(f): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2015
ronald4lif:
What's the relationship between you and the would-be wife. How did she know you to insist you grace her wedding

This got me thinking too
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by nenade: 7:08am On Sep 07, 2015
Nehiiiiiiiiii, Dont go oh. The lady sees you as a possible competition in the future and wants to settle your case once and for all but if you must go, dont eat the food, dont drink the water and make sure you dont piss anywhere around there.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by darlenese(f): 7:10am On Sep 07, 2015
Babe the only reason the wife wants u to be there is becos she thinks both of u are secretly keeping in touch, for God sake she doesn't know u, and she doesn't care about ur feelings , she just want u to be officially notified that "HE IS MARRIED , BE WARNED" so that u don't claim u never knew he was married, in case he wants to play double games.

You should know women better nau.

PLS DO NOT GO.
Except you are goimg there with ur FIANCE also
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 7:13am On Sep 07, 2015
megawax8:

I didn't read other people's comments, perhaps you have answered something like this.

Why do I feel something still happened between you two after the 'break-up'?

If you kept in touch, it means you are friends. If I were the one, I'd attend if I am invited.

My candid advice, ask him if he wants you there cos he is the person that is your friend and not the wife.
Did he want to invite you before and the wife objected only to accept reluctantly?
You are no exhibit to be sampled at a wedding or mocked to say the least with the 'I am the one he finally put the ring on: the winner of an unseen battle', you could always pay them a visit some other time.

Cheers.
The only thing that happened was him trying to make us get back together to no avail and it's not like we are still friends, he just checks in once in a long while, nothing out of the ordinary at all.

There never was or will be a battle as I was the one who ended things, so wanting to rub whatever in my face is highly misguided if that's the case.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Acidosis(m): 7:14am On Sep 07, 2015
I don't talk with exes, so no room for invites.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by drnairalov: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2015
thats how one of the most beautiful girl have dated called my mom to tell her that that shes getting married and shes inviting me..of course i didnt go.. ve not called her since. she married a richer dude sha. wedding was classy..

still not seein someone as pretty as her.. created a topic on her years back self..
long story short i still single.

anyways babe dont go.. wish him well daz all
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 7:18am On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
angry Who is a misogynist here now?

Bia, no spoil my career for here o. grin

I dey available sha - Just in case you dun change mind like trailer driver. tongue
Lol, you wey wan marry as many wives as possible because you believe a man should if he can afford to, if that's not misogyny, tell me what is.tongue
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by kandiikane(m): 7:21am On Sep 07, 2015
freecocoa:

Trust me, it is likely the wife wants you to go to show off that she finally got him. Maybe throughout their relationship, the guy has been mentioning you in passing by saying good things about you and using you as an example. It is not the wife you dated, so if your ex does not seem like he wants you there, do not go. If you want to go to reunite with people, go with your own boyfriend or hire someone to pretend. It is up to you sha.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by freecocoa(f): 7:22am On Sep 07, 2015
allcomage:
[color=#990000][/color]
I'm happy your are following the treads.
Don't go to the wedding. The ex might have been dropping your name by mistake or why making love with the wife and she feels insecure. She might be the jealous and wicked type,and she will use this opportunity to see you for future attack and insult when your ex will start to play away match. Don't court trouble for your self because nothing good will come out of it. Why your issue would even come up in the first instance in a serious issue like marriage?are you their matchmaker? Kindly stay off the wedding and cut off communication with him.
How can a person call another's name that kind time? That one too much abeg grin and I don't know the lady to start thinking in the direction you are going, she may really be a nice person but I won't attend anyways, thanks.
Re: Would You Go To An Ex's Wedding? by Orikinla(m): 7:29am On Sep 07, 2015
I have attended the weddings of three ex-girlfriends. They married the men, because I was not ready for marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Family Palava, Is She Right In Filing For A Divorce or Wrong? (Photo) / Mothers I Need Ur Advice / My Wife Has To Be Drunk Before Making Love With Me –mortuary Attendant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.