Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees (60590 Views)

I Have Been Abused Because Of Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments – Oyegun / El-rufai: Some Jonathan Appointees Were Replaced After My Memo / Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by Icecomrade: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:
friends and colleagues from every part of the nation and some of my best friends are not even from my side of the country.

However, recent events are making me to have a deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in this instance- can have some kind of introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I saw today stated that “southerners are only competent when it’s time for elections but northerners are competent in terms of governance” and this made the following thoughts run through my mind:

1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this?

2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional.

3. How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?

4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila ‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum!

5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No northern leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason.

6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others?

7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power.

8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on social media while our educated elite also support the act.

These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let’s engage our emotional intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruct.

God bless you. Thank God I found someone with brains on Nairaland.

I don't care what Buhari does, cos I never supported or voted 4 him.

Every propaganda about change was about power returning to the North. They rode on the cheap minds in the South to achieve their aim.

Now people come here and cry of lopsided appointment?

Who cares? Obviously not me

8 Likes

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by YurFatHer: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2015
Never bring a gun to a shovel fight. Man brings shovel to gun fight, and wins.
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2015
they mentioned Miss EVELYN OPUTU, TWICE on the list
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by phayvoursky(m): 11:07am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:
friends and colleagues from every part of the nation and some of my best friends are not even from my side of the country.

However, recent events are making me to have a deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in this instance- can have some kind of introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I saw today stated that “southerners are only competent when it’s time for elections but northerners are competent in terms of governance” and this made the following thoughts run through my mind:

1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this?

2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional.

3. How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?

4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila ‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum!

5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No northern leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason.

6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others?

7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power.

8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on social media while our educated elite also support the act.

These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let’s engage our emotional intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruct.

ALL CORRECT SIR.

THIS HAMMER IS TOO BIG.

2 Likes

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by Holuwadammie(m): 11:07am On Sep 06, 2015
If PMB like to choose all his cabinets from North 4 the fact that they are technocrats willing to serve their fatherland.

All I want is #goodgovernace

1 Like

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by raphoo(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:

what a vital point, God Bless U and make u agent of good n Better Change.

1 Like

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2015
YurFatHer:
Never bring a gun to a shovel fight. Man brings shovel to gun fight, and wins.
this yur username sef. Na which person papa yu dey cause.
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by akwadeltan: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2015
i just tire for all this news. build naija na una dey make stupid noise

1 Like

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by kinibigdeal(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2015
kiyosaki1:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/06/lopsided-appointments-northerns-elders-blast-critics-release-list-of-jonathans-appointees/

Someone should tell me what message this North are passing? Someone should explain if we are a country or an ethnic states. They said they came to bring CHANGE to Nigeria but they are following the trend of GEJ. If GEJ sectionalize Nigeria as claimed, they are to correct is flaws based on the CHANGE promise.

The message

The message here is simple, if the south-East eventually took over one day, they should appoint only igbo's, if the yoruba take's over, the appointment should be based only on Yoruba's. The North and APC are nothing but a presumptuously tempered pontiff ruling with usurpation and deadly stealth.

5 Likes

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by chukkiephil(m): 11:09am On Sep 06, 2015
Then where is the change?? angry
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 11:09am On Sep 06, 2015
tempex88:
I disagree with this group. They started their article well. We should understand that two wrongs don't mmake right. Llets exercise patient sha
Nobody agreed that that GEJ was wrong. They all said he balanced his appointments. If only people will also agree that almost same thing happened in past administrations...
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by diegosticks(m): 11:09am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:

Nice write up. But as a southerner, I think this should be directed to the southwest and southsouth. Any topic that has anything to do with southeast, they join the northerners to rain insults and curses on south east. They lost in the war cos of betrayal and sabotage by the Southsouth. And southwest have always teamed up with the north against the southeast and that's betrayal cos someone from benue, kwara, Jos, kogi which is not and hausa state will always support the north saying they are brothers politically, why must southwest always betray southeast cos we are meant to be brothers politically. After all said and done, I don't think we should be fighting at all about south or north cos we all should be brothers as Nigerians, irrespective or tribe or region and we are one under God, both muslim and Christian. Buhari can appoint anybody but let them have the collective interest of the nation at heart. I'm proudly igbo, proudly from Anambra. God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by BrOwnSuga3: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:

Thank you for this, I wish the Southerners could learn from their mistakes, support their own and have a United South.

2 Likes

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by cococandy(f): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2015
They are even liars. That's the thing

1 Like

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:15am On Sep 06, 2015
it is a big shame when I see this kind of public outcry on appointments made by any president of this country. me I don't care whether Muslim or christian if he can head a ministry or any government appointment and change my life for the better then he is welcome. I don't know how we intend to build a nation when all the time this kind of useless issue comes out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by YurFatHer: 11:16am On Sep 06, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
this yur username sef. Na which person papa yu dey cause.
yo momma.

1 Like

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by Pecca: 11:17am On Sep 06, 2015
NIGERIA MY A.SS. IT EXISTS IN THE MIND OF BUT A FEW...THE OIL WET SOUTH-SOUTH, ESP. THOSE THAT SABOTAGED THE SELF-DETERMINATION EFFORTS OF BIAFRA, WILL SOONER THAN LATER REGRET THEIR MISTAKE. I AM FOR THE EAST
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by Obynolee(f): 11:18am On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by vigasimple(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:

The answer to southern unity is simple but not easy. Stop the infighting between IGBO' S and YORUBA' S. Until that happens, the south inspite of their educational advancement will continue to be slaves to the BORN TO RULE FULANI MAN.

3 Likes

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by diablos: 11:19am On Sep 06, 2015
Thats wat u get wen u vote-in a bedwetting, skeletonic, cattle rearing deranged illiterate wit no certificate to rule over sane humans in this jet age. The haggard, dying ethnic fulani bigot n his band wagon of terrorists in d north have nothing bt hate for other ethnic entities. Is y i never voted for d bloodletting islamic jihadist with an unchallenged record of soaking d babboons n d dogs in blood undecided

1 Like

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by Pecca: 11:20am On Sep 06, 2015
diegosticks:

Nice write up. But as a southerner, I think this should be directed to the southwest and southsouth. Any topic that has anything to do with southeast, they join the northerners to rain insults and curses on south east. They lost in the war cos of betrayal and sabotage by the Southsouth. And southwest have always teamed up with the north against the southeast and that's betrayal cos someone from benue, kwara, Jos, kogi which is not and hausa state will always support the north saying they are brothers politically, why must southwest always betray southeast cos we are meant to be brothers politically. After all said and done, I don't think we should be fighting at all about south or north cos we all should be brothers as Nigerians, irrespective or tribe or region and we are one under God, both muslim and Christian. Buhari can appoint anybody but let them have the collective interest of the nation at heart. I'm proudly igbo, proudly from Anambra. God bless Nigeria
FRIENDS ARE NOT CHOOSEN BY BIRTH...BRETHRENS? YES!
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by shamecurls(m): 11:20am On Sep 06, 2015
Wailing Wailers? What do you have to say about GEJ`s appointment?

NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA – Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance

BRIGHT OKOGWU – DG Budget

EMEKA EZE – DG BPP
ARUNMA OTEH – DG SEC

OSCAR ONYEMA – DG NSE

CHIKE OBI – MD AMCON

CHINELU ONUOHA – DG PENCOM

GODWIN EMEFIELE – CBN Governor

UCHE ORJI – M D Sovereign Wealth Fund

SUNNY IROHA – DG Housing F und

EVELYN OPUTA – MD BANK OF INDUSTRY

NNENNA ORJI – Chairman, Investments, Securities Tribunal

ANYIM PIUS ANYIM – SGF

B: SOUTH-EAST AND SOUTH-SOUTH LIST

DR. ANTHONY ANUFOROM – NIMET

ENGR. ANDREW YAKUBU – NNPC

PATRICK APOBOLOKEMI – NIMASA

MRS. CHINEBO ANOHU AMAZU – PENCOM

ENGR. CHUKWU AMUCHI – FERMA

MR. GEORGE OSAHON – DPR

MRS. EVELYN OPUTU – Bank of Industry

ERNEST NWANPA – Nigerian Content Dev. Agency

MRS. DUPE ATOKI – Consumer Protection Agency

ENGR. EUGENE JUWAH – NCC

ENGR. NNAMDI UDOH – NAMA

ENGR. AKIKUOTU – NCAA

GEORGE URIESI – FAAN

CAPT. CHINERE KALU – NCATY

DR. PAUL ORHII – NAFDAC

Dr. (MRS) G.N. ELEMO – FIIRO

ORON JOSHUA OKPO – Maritime Academy of Nigeria

ENGR. SEYI SIJUWADE – Railway Corporation

MRS. SALLY MBANEFOH – Nigerian Tourism Dev. Corporation

DR. BRIGHT OKOGWU – Budget Office of the Federation

PROF. GODSWILL OBIOMA – NERDC

MR. R.R. ORYA – NEXIM

DR. JOSEPH ODUMODU – Standards Organisation of Nigeria

EMEKA NKEM MBA – Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation

PROF. LONGMAS WAPMUK – Industrial Training Fund

PROF. JULIUS OKOJIE – National Universities Commission

MRS. N.S. BENEBO – NESREA

DR. PRECIOUS GBENJO – MDG Office

PETER CHIGOZIE – Surveyor General of the Federation

DR. YEMI KALE – Statistician General of the Federation

MR. JONAH OTUNLA – Accountant General of the Federation

SAMUEL YONONGO UKARA – Auditor General of the Federation

MIKE OMIERI – National Orientation Agency

OLUREMI OYO – News Agency of Nigeria (OLUREMI OYO was replaced by IMA NIBORO from the South South)

DAVID I. ADELUGBA – NEPC E/S

MR. OLUGBENGA KUYE – NEPZA

PETER GODSDAY ORUBEBE – Niger Delta Ministry,
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by hamzeiy: 11:22am On Sep 06, 2015
shaboti:
Emefiele & okonjo are igbo but not from south-east.
Get your facts right.
u must be stup*id
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:22am On Sep 06, 2015
YurFatHer:
yo momma.
is that a joke.
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by Superstar007(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2015
One Nigeria is a mirage.

1 Like

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2015
Inasmuch as I am of d opinion of a united Nigeria, I look at things like these and I begin to ask myself if actually Nigeria as a country was meant to be, cos since we can't do anything in this country without going tribal, then its obvious we aren't meant to be together....that's just the gospel truth tho its very hard 2 accept.

1 Like

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by mkoabiola: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2015
D common man on d street doesn't care d abt d tribe/religion/colour/race ,he is interested in good governance

3 Likes

Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by objoftheworld: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2015
chukwudi44:
See GEJ's northern appointments below
Abiooo! So who is deceiving who?
Let the appointment continue...[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by flokii: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2015
what is an ORUBEBE grin
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by hamzeiy: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2015
diablos:
Thats wat u get wen u vote-in a bedwetting, skeletonic, cattle rearing deranged illiterate wit no certificate to rule over sane humans in this jet age. The haggard, dying ethnic fulani bigot n his band wagon of terrorists in d north have nothing bt hate for other ethnic entities. Is y i never voted for d bloodletting islamic jihadist with an unchallenged record of soaking d babboons n d dogs in blood undecided
mumu...frustratn.wnt kill ds guy...so you think the gej list above wasnt filled with bigotry...fooli*sh magots
Re: Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees by chesterlee(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2015
IyaIode:
The north didn't cry when Jonathan did this. Ibos started crying after 5 appointments

They made the country ungovernable by unleashing Boko Haram to the populace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) / Come Out To Protest On June 12 If You Think You Can—Nigerian Soldier Threatens / Obasanjo, Goodluck Join Pastor Chris For Cross Over Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.