Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness (695 Views)

Look Out For Destiny Helper When Selecting Wife, Not Good Cook - Wale Aladejana / Queen Farcadi, Ghanaian Prostitute: "I Earn Over N2.3m Monthly, I'm Not Ashamed" / Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness by IamK2I(m): 7:21am On Sep 07, 2015
"Believing in negative thoughts is the single greatest obstruction to success." --- Charles F. Glassman

Sometimes I make silly mistakes, or fall short of my own expectations, and instead of taking it as another learning opportunity, I beat myself up about it.

I’m sure you can relate. We’ve all been there. We all have bad days and moments of self-doubt. Sometimes the pressure coming from peers, family, work, and society in general is enough to make us feel completely broken inside. If we don’t have the “right” job, relationship, lifestyle, and so forth, by a certain age or timeframe, we assume we’re just “not good enough”. Before now, I had tunnel vision and expected life to come out in a certain way, but it didn't. Thus, the "not good enough" thought took the better side of me. I studied my failures until I lost sight of my successes. I surrendered my dreams to feel a sense of comfort. I held tight to my fears and shielded myself from love and happiness by refusing to put myself out there.

How did I handle it?

Whenever I catch myself in that box of 'not good enough', I immediately debunk those negative thoughts and start thinking of those milestones I've archived, while asking myself 'If you're not good enough how did you archive that?' also reminding myself of many great milestones to archive. I’ve been doing this for a while now and it’s made a tremendous difference in my life. I challenge you to do the same.

Whenever You Think You are not Good Enough, Remind Yourself the following:

NOBODY IS DOING BETTER THAN YOU-
Nobody is doing better than you because nobody can do better than you. YOU are walking your own path. Sometimes the reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes circumstances with everyone else’s public highlight reel. Forget what everyone else is doing and achieving. Lead your life like it's the last because no one can do better on your own path.

WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW IS A NECESSARY STEP-
Sometimes we avoid experiencing exactly where we are because we have developed a belief, based on our ideals, that it is not where we should be or want to be. But the truth is, where you are right now is exactly where you need to be to get to where you want to go tomorrow.

THIS PHASE WILL SURELY PASS-
When times are tough, remind yourself that no pain comes without a purpose. Move on from what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you. Pain is part of growing. Remember that there are two kinds of pain: pain that hurts and pain that changes you. When you roll with life, instead of resisting it, both kinds help you grow.

YOU ARE ALWAYS GOODENOUGH TO TRY-
In the end what’s important is that you tried. Everything you achieve comes from something you attempt. Make the attempt. Trust me, twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than the things you did do. Give yourself a chance.

FAILURES ARE REALLY JUST LESSONS THAT NEED TO BE LEARNED-
No day is ever wasted when you live it with purpose and presence. Value and enjoy the journey, even when there are detours along the way.

YOU DON’T NEED TO GET EVERYONE’S APPROVAL FIRST-
Stop listening to what the world says you should want. Start listening to who you are. Truth be told, there are only a few people in this world who will stay 100% true to you, and YOU should be one of them.

FOR EVERYTHING YOU’VE LOST, YOU’VE GAINED SOMRTHING ELSE-
Appreciate what you have today. Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful. No regrets, just lessons. No worries, just acceptance. No expectations, just gratitude. Life is too short. The story of your life has many chapters. One bad chapter doesn’t mean it’s the end. So stop re-reading the bad one and turn the page.

YOUR SCARS ARE SYMBOLS OF YOUR STRENGHT-
Don’t ever be ashamed of the scars life has left you with. A scar means the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. A scar is the tattoo of a triumph. So don’t allow your scars to hold you hostage. Don’t allow them to make you live your life in fear. You can’t make the scars in your life disappear, but you can change the way you see them.

YOU ARE STILL HERE TRYING-
If you have no other testimony right now, you have this one: “I’m still here trying.” Be positive, patient and persistent. The more you feel like quitting, the more there is to be gained by continuing. The strongest people aren’t the people who always win, but the people who don’t give up when they lose.

The wisest, most loving, and well-rounded people you have ever met are likely those who have known misery, known defeat, known the heartbreak of losing something or someone they loved, and have found their way out of the depths of their own despair. These people have experienced many ups and downs, and have gained an appreciation, sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, understanding and a deep loving wisdom. People like this aren’t born; they develop slowly over the course of time.

“Do your best and let God do the rest”. --- Ben Carson

@IamK2I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness by zyzxx(m): 7:22am On Sep 07, 2015
Hm
Re: Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness by Lawalsuleiman(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2015
Well said bruh..thank u
Re: Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness by Jennydoris(f): 7:50am On Sep 07, 2015
Well done. It's inspiring.
Re: Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 07, 2015
W
Re: Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 07, 2015
Always be yourself.
Don't pose what you aren't cause you want to please someone (especially a female).
And also don't allow yourself to be overwhelmed by low self-esteem. Be filled with healthy thoughts at all times. Be confident in all endeavours. It's how you regard and carry yourself that will determine the level of respect the general public is going to accord you.
In addition, It is only a fool that does thesame thing again and again yet expects different results. Learn from the mistakes of today and try not to repeat same next time.
Re: Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness by IamK2I(m): 8:52am On Sep 07, 2015
TheSadist:
Always be yourself.
Don't pose what you aren't cause you want to please someone (especially a female).
And also don't allow yourself to be overwhelmed by low self-esteem. Be filled with healthy thoughts at all times. Be confident in all endeavours. It's how you regard and carry yourself that will determine the level of respect the general public is going to accord you.
In addition, It is only a fool that does thesame thing again and again yet expects different results. Learn from the mistakes of today and try not to repeat same next time.

Well said... just that I can't type your name because that's not what you are. With all these stuffs in you, you are better than that name.

Thank You.
Re: Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 07, 2015
IamK2I:

Well said... just that I can't type your name because that's not what you are. With all these stuffs in you, you are better than that name.

Thank You.
You're welcome.
Re: Cures For I'm ‘NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ Sickness by UjSizzle(f): 9:27am On Sep 07, 2015
Patience and Gratitude are the wonder drugs for every ill. I believe if we give ourselves time (something we do well giving to others) things will eventually get better-- or perhaps our perspectives will change for the better.

Inspiring topic OP smiley

Lalasticlala this is FP and good Monday morning material.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Inspirational Short Story About Love / 10 Unusual Ways To Maintain Romantic Fireworks In Your Marriage / #SNIPER Now. Trending In YABATECH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.