Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch (40084 Views)

Why Marilyn Ogar, Was ‘Sacked’ - Premium Times / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kennydee05(m): 6:37am On Sep 08, 2015
HungerBAD:

On a TV interview, she did not mince words. ‘’It is not the first time security forces are being deployed for election duties. We had provided security for election in Edo and at the end of that election, permit me to say, there was no bomb blast. We moved to Ondo and the Labour Party won in Ondo, there was bomb blast. We moved to Anambra and APGA won in Anambra, there was bomb blast. We moved to Ekiti, PDP won in Ekiti, there was bomb blast. We thank God that we were able to deploy appropriately. The results have come out and the APC has won and thank God there was no bomb blast.

“We should thank God that since after the Osun State election there has been no bomb blast. Glory be to God,” Her last statement was a direct answer to the reporter’s question asking her if she was insinuating that the APC was responsible for the bomb blasts. But Ogar, again, did not provide any evidence to back her allegations.

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kennydee05(m): 6:38am On Sep 08, 2015
[quote author=kennydee05 post=37784567][/quote]
She deserved to be sacked fro all those her rubbish allegations.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by OduntanGabriel(m): 6:48am On Sep 08, 2015
front page material
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by omenka(m): 7:22am On Sep 08, 2015
On a TV interview, she did not mince words. ‘’It is not the first time security forces are being deployed for election duties. We had provided security for election in Edo and at the end of that election, permit me to say, there was no bomb blast. We moved to Ondo and the Labour Party won in Ondo, there was bomb blast. We moved to Anambra and APGA won in Anambra, there was bomb blast. We moved to Ekiti, PDP won in Ekiti, there was bomb blast. We thank God that we were able to deploy appropriately. The results have come out and the APC has won and thank God there was no bomb blast.

“We should thank God that since after
the Osun State election there has been
no bomb blast. Glory be to God,” Her
last statement was a direct answer to
the reporter’s question asking her if she was insinuating that the APC was
responsible for the bomb blasts. But
Ogar, again, did not provide any
evidence to back her allegations.

On another occasion, the DSS
spokesperson disparaged the
#BringBackOurGirls campaign as a
terrorist franchise. According to her,
“Bring Back Our Girls Movement has
become a franchise and security forces
know what they are up to. If it is an
ordinary movement seeking to pile
pressure on government or security
agencies to release these girls, there
will be no need for the group to begin
to have tags, insisting that you must
have a tag and be properly registered
to be part of them. Security forces also
know that they have bank accounts; we
also know that they want to go to
Asokoro Extension and simulate some
false movements where they will have
some foreign media to say that they are marching inside Sambisa and Chibok.

“We also know that they brought in
some experts from outside the country
to come and teach them on how to beat security onslaught when they are
demonstrating; to withstand police
teargas and security operations. We are waiting to see when these things would work. We also know that they are dividing themselves into groups and zones giving each other specific
assignment’’. She further accused the
campaigners of paying courtesy calls to
money bags to solicit support.

But again, in spite of such weighty
allegations that border on national
security, she did not supply further
evidence to back up her allegations.
Summary of the life of a failed goombah.

3 Likes

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by omenka(m): 7:29am On Sep 08, 2015
Gboliwe:
This is what the Nigerian press has been reduced to. SMH.

The present SGF publicly screamed it that the PDP was the sponsor of Bokoharam, what did he get in return for that? A juicy job placement. The examples abound of similar incidents.

When the press should be in the fore-front demanding justice for the people of Plateau state, every single one of them have gone deaf, blind and dumb.

No more reports on bomb blasts. And if it were to be that there were none, it would be most appreciated but they have all been bought so nobody wants to report any seeming "anti-governance" event.

If the press is already compromised, this isn't democracy we are in. Na God alone will help us.
Are you sure you understand the article at all?? We are talking about the mouthpiece of the nation's premier intelligence agency, an agency that is supposed to espouse professionalism and not engage in partisan politics, and you are trying to compare her with statements made by a politician.

APC and PDP politicians have been trading accusations on who sponsors terrorism since time immemorial- that one can understand- they are POLITICIANS. Same shouldn't be expected of a security chief.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by PassingShot(m): 7:33am On Sep 08, 2015
CC: MizMyColi
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by OnReflection: 7:53am On Sep 08, 2015
Cjrane2:
Oppression will make Buhari end up like quaddafi.
mark my words. Buhari will destroy Nigeria with intolerance.

Did you read the article at all?
Or are you simply one of those who reads to respond rather than to understand?

3 Likes

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by OnReflection: 7:56am On Sep 08, 2015
Burger01:
Useless woman.

Imagine the arrest of election card reader IT expert around election time. I mean, was the guy a terrorist? What's the business of DSS in election matters

She should join Jonathan and mama piss in Otuoke brewing illegal ogogoroundecided

Really, Jonathan was a mistake never to be repeated. NEVER! angry

Marilyn Ogar was the poster child for a thoroughly compromised federal agency, there are no two ways about it.

6 Likes

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by AZeD1(m): 7:59am On Sep 08, 2015
Gboliwe:

The present SGF publicly screamed it that the PDP was the sponsor of Bokoharam, what did he get in return for that? A juicy job placement. The examples abound of similar incidents.

When the press should be in the fore-front demanding justice for the people of Plateau state, every single one of them have gone deaf, blind and dumb.

No more reports on bomb blasts. And if it were to be that there were none, it would be most appreciated but they have all been bought so nobody wants to report any seeming "anti-governance" event.

If the press is already compromised, this isn't democracy we are in. Na God alone will help us.
Actually, the former NSA (Azzazi), said boko haram was the creation of the PDP, even GEJ himself said boko haram were part of his government and that was a pdp government.

7 Likes

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by hinwazaka: 8:42am On Sep 08, 2015
What's the focal point behind this thread. Marilyn Ogar has been retired and the hue and cry that emanated from it has gone down. What Ogar did, Lawal Daura is doing as we speak. The DSS under GEJ stormed APC's computer office, without the law on their side, the DSS, under this current dispensation stormed the Akwa Ibom state house without a warrant. So what is the difference. it's public knowledge, that whatever government is in power, controls the instruments of security available to them. This will be so, until there are reforms in the laws that created them.

2 Likes

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Lucascruiz(m): 9:26am On Sep 08, 2015
:ook I see
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 08, 2015
I must admit that ogar was partisan which is highly unhealthy for security operative to be.
But which security head now is not partisan?? Daura the new dg?
Or buruntai the army chief?
If buruntai is non-partisan I bet you he should have staged a millitary coup-de-etat against president muhammadu buhari for runing a monarchy form of government.
But he's compromised like others!
Ogar need not to be sack since she has been long demoted.
But am not the grand commander.
Sorry we got a dictator
Who can't differentiate between micro and macro.
Who knows not the difference between millitary and civilian government.
I voted him and regretted.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kinibigdeal(m): 9:33am On Sep 08, 2015
Am one of the few Nigerians that follow Ogar closely, she was always calling a spade a spade just like the late Dora Akunyili. I don't know why we mistaken the truth for being partisan. Cross check all she was accused of and see if she was not on point. She said some of DSS officials were offered 14m bribe, is that a partisan statement or exposing what is going underground. Can you compare the current DSS to the DSS under GEJ. Only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by walemadu: 9:34am On Sep 08, 2015
If Buhari wants to spend the next 4 witch haunting people then its a real shame?
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by IYANGBALI: 9:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Cjrane2:
did you read the thread at all?I don't think so,abeg go sidon jo

2 Likes

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by thundafire: 9:37am On Sep 08, 2015
she was simply doing her work so no be dy same SSS mumu presido dy use infiltrate others nw DAURA COW wat goes around comes around
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by IYANGBALI: 9:37am On Sep 08, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Am one of the few Nigerians that follow Ogar closely, she was always calling a spade a spade just like the late Dora Akunyili. I don't know why we mistaken the truth for being partisan. Cross check all she was accused of and see if she was not on point. She said some of DSS officials were offered 14m bribe, is that a partisan statement or exposing what is going underground. Can you compare the current DSS to the DSS under GEJ. Only time will tell.
so how many people did they prosecute?

3 Likes

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Reference(m): 9:39am On Sep 08, 2015
And the same mistakes are being made as we speak. If it is indeed common then is it no offence, it is law. The next regime will do similar.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by IYANGBALI: 9:41am On Sep 08, 2015
frenchpharaoh1:

I voted him and regretted.
liar,you don't even have voter card tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by 400billionman: 9:43am On Sep 08, 2015
Cjrane2:

I wonder o.

The one nigeria people are praising her sack. Even if she was partisan, why not retain her in one irrelevant office ? Must we show power ?

Are we God. ?
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kingthreat(m): 9:43am On Sep 08, 2015
Cjrane2:

So because its a democracy, we should now tolerate mediocre untamed women like mama piss, dieazani and Marilyn Ogar right? Its been more than 100 days since your clueless president has been in the creeks and you are still wailing

1 Like

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:44am On Sep 08, 2015
Cjrane2:

Ur words DO NOT COUNT
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by erunz(m): 9:44am On Sep 08, 2015
Burger01:
Useless woman.

Imagine the arrest of election card reader IT expert around election time. I mean, was the guy a terrorist? What's the business of DSS in election matters

She should join Jonathan and mama piss in Otuoke brewing illegal ogogoroundecided

Really, Jonathan was a mistake never to be repeated. NEVER! angry
Even if u don't respect your parents must u come out and exhibit ur stupldity

1 Like

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by terwasee(m): 9:44am On Sep 08, 2015
Political talk who they holy? Today ribadu tomorow ogar
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by BizBayo: 9:45am On Sep 08, 2015
Cjrane2:

Better than been destroyed by corruption. But mind you, you are not GOD.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kokoA(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2015
Gboliwe:

what has this got to do with this topic? The present SGF made that statement as an ordinary citizen who has the right to speak about national issues not as a mouth piece of a well respected security outfit. Asari Dokubo said worse things,is he being "victimize" today? Ms. Ogah deserves whatever she's got and I hope other civil servants learn from her mistake.

3 Likes

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kingthreat(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2015
400billionman:

I wonder o.

The one nigeria people are praising her sack. Even if she was partisan, why not retain her in one irrelevant office ? Must we show power ?

Are we God. ? I remember all the bosses who promised me sack in the corporate world, they can hardly eat now. Why wont people just allow God fight for them. ?

She should pave way for people who can be mpre professional. Have you ever heard CIA criticize political parties in the US?

1 Like

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Burger01(m): 9:46am On Sep 08, 2015
erunz:
Basterd! Who told you she was old enough to be any of my parents Iddiota, scramble head. Mtcheew angry

3 Likes

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by terwasee(m): 9:46am On Sep 08, 2015
erunz:
they says charity beging at home
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Chigold101(m): 9:52am On Sep 08, 2015
Cjrane2:
which Gaddafi? they will kill him before he even know it... Buhari is just a bad tree planted by those who do not know him well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Short & Deceitful Little Imps Osinbajo Is Sick, His Nightmare Just Started – FFK / Is All Really Well Between Buhari And Tinubu? - Daily Trust / Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.