Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch (40075 Views)

Why Marilyn Ogar, Was ‘Sacked’ - Premium Times / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by onyibajoe(m): 11:29am On Sep 08, 2015
I beg to ask we Nigerians, was she working for herself or as was directed?
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by ndigbo: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2015
ddippset:
rubbish! End up like ghadafi for where? How many Nigerians cán defy rain, sun, tear gas and BULLETS like the libyans and arabs in general? Nigerians are only commanders and warriors on the Internet and Nairaland. Mtcheew! A country full of COWARDS na im buhari go end like ghadafi? get out abeg.

Thank You my Broda!

1 Like

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kobe79: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2015
Barram:
Its like you didn't read the initial article

Did I beg you to dash me money?. I only asked for a business deal which I will pay interest of 15%.

How does that equate to begging?. Didn't you see where I said "NOTE:its strictly business".

if you are not ok with the deal,why not scroll down.

I have what I want to do in mind and nothing is changing that.
How does what you suggested solve anything. Did you ask which of family my member has this collacteral you suggest I should sell.

I don't need your pity mr. I provided something worth 3times the amount I asked,has a collacteral.

So what's the fuss and insult on my persona

na executive begging. wen naija man wan run with ur money na that borrow pattern dem dey come with.

Go to a micro finance bank dey will helP u
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Melahou(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2015
alonzoiv:
Can't we just have some peace ?

no we can't, the wicked must be punished
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by tete7000(m): 11:40am On Sep 08, 2015
DrWise:
Now I can confirm that your sense if reasoning is distorted. Ms Ogar was a mere spokesperson who only informs the public of the DSS' stance. You should ask yourself if those positions she maintained were personal or the position of the DSS as an organization?

Let's reason jorr

Thank you very much for this. And I ask: 'Those at the helms of DSS now, are they partisan or not?'. Akwa Ibom government house was invaded by current crops in DSS and they have yet to come out with any pronouncement'. Is that action akin to invasion of APC's anonymous office by DSS? Let stop deceiving ourselves DSS will always be partisan and will always be used to serve the interest of those in power. That's basically what Daura is using DSS to do for Buhari now.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by DICKtator: 11:41am On Sep 08, 2015
For those who are claiming that she is being victimized

If she was unduly relieved of her post and she is certain that she was discriminated,

She can sue her employers and win the case for wrongful termination of "contract"

A loquacious individual won't keep quiet just like that,without a reason

But I guess her silence is/was golden........

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by waky15(m): 11:42am On Sep 08, 2015
It's a lesson for all civil and public servants who are working direct with the executive arm of government. Teachnocrats are expected to show professionalism when they are discharging their responsibilties irrespective of any leader they are working with.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Rotimi47: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2015
Burger01:
Useless woman.

Imagine the arrest of election card reader IT expert around election time. I mean, was the guy a terrorist? What's the business of DSS in election matters

She should join Jonathan and mama piss in Otuoke brewing illegal ogogoroundecided

Really, Jonathan was a mistake never to be repeated. NEVER! angry
They even demanded for the codes from him!

1 Like

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by chinchum(m): 11:57am On Sep 08, 2015
she should not just be relieved,............ I feel she should also be tried in the law court for her weighty and highly sensitive false proclamations that could have destabilised the polity. Sacking her was good riddance to bad rubbish.

A secret security service spokeperson must not talk like a party spokesperson, some of the weighty things she said, i doubt even Olisah metuh, PDP spokesman could have said. She was so nauseating, the final straw was the invasion of APC office and incarceration of the workers in there for days, and also had an effontery calling a world press statement alleging that APC was cloning INEC cards: her evidence was that some of the apc regitration forms had multiple registration by APC members
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Ayatullah(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
THANK GOD THE WICKED WITCH IS GONE!
Thank you Punch Newspaper for reminding us some specific words of 'The Wicked Witch'.

Those who run their mouth foul like GBENGA ARULEBA of AIT, calling President Buhari a vindictive man can now refresh their poor memory.

The 'Wicked witch' plotted her own downfall by herself.

1 Like

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by hobat4cash(m): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
I don't understand the hate towards this lady, she was the spokesperson for the SSS. So any statements made by her at the time was the official position of the SSS, not hers.
For our information the SSS will always be partisan to the government of the day, Period.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Burger01(m): 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
Rotimi47:
They even demanded for the codes from him!
You can imagine. Height of misconduct. angry
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Kunlexity(m): 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
Cjrane2:
Oppression will make Buhari end up like quaddafi.
mark my words. Buhari will destroy Nigeria with intolerance.
Gadafi was a bad leader,Yet there was law and order during his reign as Lybia President.
Cjrane2:
Gadafi was a bad leader,Yet there was law and order during his reign as Lybia President.
Cjrane2:

1 Like

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Jtmanager(m): 12:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
U2ice:

U no jst get sense...undecided

MUMU SHUT UP WETIN U SABI CRAZY ZOO MEMBER

1 Like

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kingthreat(m): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
Barram:
Its like you didn't read the initial article

Did I beg you to dash me money?. I only asked for a business deal which I will pay interest of 15%.

How does that equate to begging?. Didn't you see where I said "NOTE:its strictly business".

if you are not ok with the deal,why not scroll down.

I have what I want to do in mind and nothing is changing that.
How does what you suggested solve anything. Did you ask which of family my member has this collacteral you suggest I should sell.

I don't need your pity mr. I provided something worth 3times the amount I asked,has a collacteral.

So what's the fuss and insult on my persona

Hey dude. I came here to read political news not to see scam requests for money. Find another place to solicit
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by mapet: 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
azimibraun:
In climes where education has not failed those who acquired them, a robust counter piece will be written and published by those who feel this does not represent the truth. I am one of such individuals who will not hesitate to fire back but my hands are tied on this. The article told no lies, everything said about Ms. Ogar is true and as we all know, you cant fight the truth. You will lose. Rather than counter this piece, I will even add more to it. Ogar gambled and lost period. Unfortunately her failure or success was dependent on the the failure or success of GEJ. I hope people will learn to separate sentiments from the Job. It never pays at the latter days.

Bros, let me add more
1. The same Ogar that said APC leaders arrested in Ekiti were arrested for wandering (a law that has been expunged from our books since the 80s)
2. The same Ogar that was called to defend her position that APC hacked into Inec website, yet INEC replied that their database has no links to their website

For me the case is beyond power corruption and failure of institution. I think the people's voice should also be more vociferous when the state apparatus breaks down. How could we have watched Ogar desecrate our sensibilities and we let it slide?
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by mapet: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
hobat4cash:
I don't understand the hate towards this lady, she was the spokesperson for the SSS. So any statements made by her at the time was the official position of the SSS, not hers.
For our information the SSS will always be partisan to the government of the day, Period.

Bros,

It is not hatred towards Ogar. It is hatred toward what she stood for, what she represented and how she carried out a lawless assignment. In law, you cannot claim that you're obeying a superior order to break the law......
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Barram: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
kingthreat:

Hey dude. I came here to read political news not to see scam requests for money. Find another place to solicit
and how did my post take anything from your life and how is it your business if you don't like it.

Did you see where I provided collacteral. If you did,then your prejudice is sickening.

You can't tell me where to do a business deal,cos I don't have business with you.

Now scroll down and read your news.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kingthreat(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
Barram:
and how did my post take anything from your life and how is it your business if you don't like it.

Did you see where I provided collacteral. If you did,then your prejudice is sickening.

You can't tell me where to do a business deal,cos I don't have business with you.

Now scroll down and read your news.

Hey you cocksuckin beggar. Why not try the streets you could be lucky. Get off my space
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by cigwegbe(m): 2:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
Read this article to see the way forward for Nigeria!

https://www.nairaland.com/2584742/much-ado-corruption#37797254
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Gordonz07(m): 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
kennydee05:
Good fo her
Yes oh. It is really good for her. Ogar was just one of the numerous campaigners of President Buhari. FFK, Mama P, Olisah Metuh and many others in the PDP circles thought they were dealing with the APC. Little did they know they were making the party famous.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Barram: 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
kingthreat:

Hey you cocksuckin beggar. Why not try the streets you could be lucky. Get off my space

I won't descend to your level
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Gbawe: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
This is precisely what I said on the NL thread below only for some to be hyperventilating. What Ogar did is not condoned in any sane nation of the world. She was in a very sensitive security position that required the highest level of professionalism and pragmatism. Instead she sold herself to the highest bider to then begin making garrulously unprofessional claims and accusations publicly. She deserves all she has gotten and I hope others learn from her fall. Power is transient and it is important, first and foremost, to do your job well rather than become the hireling of unscrupulous moneybags who will abandon you once out of power.

https://www.nairaland.com/2572311/dss-sacks-ogar/1

i will personally wait for confirmation of this from more sources. If true then I hail this development as absolutely the right thing to do. It is time we all begin putting partisanship and bias aside to see and support what is right. Others do it worldwide so why are we Nigerians different? Ogar was horribly and openly partisan/compromised in a position requiring the highest level of professionalism and political neutrality. Where do you Nigerians see this worldwide? i.e the spokesperson of a Nation's security service taking side shamelessly and openly with a political Party? If people put sentiments asides it will be obvious the likes of Ogar have no place in sensitive positions of public service in in a progressive Nigeria. Africa needs strong institutions and not strong men as Obama surmised.

The likes of Ogar, who are unprofessional and easily compromised, will never be the manpower that will allow the emergence of strong and independent institutions. Her open bias and utterances , like when she stated that each time the APC lost an election a spate of bombing followed, are simply disgraceful and unacceptably biased. When have you guys ever seen the spokesperson of the FBI or MI5 openly acting as a lackey of a political Party in the USA and UK respectively? Those who cannot see what matters and speak in support of Ogar do not mean well for Nigeria. We need to get rid of the Ogars and the Mbus to build professional, driven, motivated and independent security forces with the capacity to serve the public professionally always while refraining from serving the agenda of politicians and interest groups. That is the only way forward for Nigeria. It is as simple as that and I personally hope Ogar has indeed been sacked. She deserves it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kingthreat(m): 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
Barram:
I won't descend to your level

Na ur level worse pass. Keep begging on Nairaland in the name of loan. Mschewwww
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Tosman12(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
Cjrane2:

INTOLERANCE ? HOW?
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Barram: 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
kingthreat:

Na ur level worse pass. Keep begging on Nairaland in the name of loan. Mschewwww
thanks
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by kingthreat(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
Barram:
thanks

Whateva.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by bummyla(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
she did it to APC so what makes you think, they would go easy on her?

freeDR:
VINDICTIVE BUHARI

This regime is obviously out on a quest for personal VENDETTA.

Common political wisdom dictates that people like Marylyn Ogar are not supposed to be so openly victimized.

Our own GADDAFI has finally come.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by StOla: 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
Burger01:
Useless woman.

Imagine the arrest of election card reader IT expert around election time. I mean, was the guy a terrorist? What's the business of DSS in election matters

She should join Jonathan and mama piss in Otuoke brewing illegal ogogoroundecided

Really, Jonathan was a mistake never to be repeated. NEVER! angry

Thanks for reminding those without memory about this particular incident.

Now without their corrupting powers they have become mere arrestable citizens who must now obey the law.

1 Like

Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by StOla: 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
mapet:

Bros, let me add more
1. The same Ogar that said APC leaders arrested in Ekiti were arrested for wandering (a law that has been expunged from our books since the 80s)
2. The same Ogar that was called to defend her position that APC hacked into Inec website, yet INEC replied that their database has no links to their website

For me the case is beyond power corruption and failure of institution. I think the people's voice should also be more vociferous when the state apparatus breaks down. How could we have watched Ogar desecrate our sensibilities and we let it slide?

I hope the hyperventilating Gboliwe reads this.
Re: The Sad Story Of Marilyn Ogar- The Punch by StOla: 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
omenka:
Are you sure you understand the article at all?? We are talking about the mouthpiece of the nation's premier intelligence agency, an agency that is supposed to espouse professionalism and not engage in partisan politics, and you are trying to compare her with statements made by a politician.

APC and PDP politicians have been trading accusations on who sponsors terrorism since time immemorial- that one can understand- they are POLITICIANS. Same shouldn't be expected of a security chief.

Thanks for pointing out that salient fact.

She obviously doesn't understand the distinction, but she might even be implying that Marilyn Ogar was actually a PDP agent in the DSS, making her a politician too.

That is what Jonathan reduced the DSS to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner / Photos: Fayose Prostrates For Ooni Of Ife / Operation Crocodile Smile: See What Soldiers Did In A Nairalander's Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.