Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

When Will A Man Stop Lying? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Will A Man Stop Lying? (6368 Views)

How Can A Man Stop His Wife From Looking Used Up? / Ladies Please Stop Lying To Men About Your Age / At What Point Does A Man Stop Chasing : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will A Man Stop Lying? by sweetlove(m): 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2006
HELLO EVERYBODY IN THE NAIRALAND FORUM,I AM NEW TO THE NAIRALAND,I WANT TO KNOW WHEN WILL A MAN STOP LYING,BECAUSE ALMOST EVERY MEN LIE TO HIS GIRL,EVEN WHEN YOU SWEAR TO LOVE YOUR GIRL WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND PROMISE NEVER TO LIE/ HURT HER AGAIN. B

PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME WHEN WILL A MAN STOP LYING.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by naijafan(m): 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2006
maybe you do. but i dont

of course, that's a lie smiley. Lying keeps the world going!
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Sista(f): 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2006
@Sweetlove

A man will not stop lying but you can train him to think twice about lying by letting him see that you are not a fool. If you feel a man is lying, you have to call him on it but in a nice way. You have to let him know that you detect a flaw when you get the feeling he is lying.

Don't scream and yell, confront him lady like and maturely. Then give him some time to absorb what you and he just talked about. While you are giving him some time, do not call him, let him call you. If he calls you, it does not mean he is ready to stop lying, it could just mean that he likes your challenge.

As the relationship goes on, you will see and feel weather or not he is insincere or sincere. If he does not call you, that will mean that he is either waiting you out to come running back to him or that he does not want to deal with your challenge, if that is the case, do not run behind him, find someone else. Ultimately, if you continue to feel that he wants to keep questioning your intelligence, you will just need to leave him alone.

A man will only keep doing what you will let him do.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Coco29(f): 6:43pm On Oct 04, 2006
Sista:

@Sweetlove

A man will not stop lying but you can train him to think twice about lying by letting him see that you are not a fool. If you feel a man is lying, you have to call him on it but in a nice way. You have to let him know that you detect a flaw when you get the feeling he is lying.

Don't scream and yell, confront him lady like and maturely. Then give him some time to absorb what you and he just talked about. While you are giving him some time, do not call him, let him call you. If he calls you, it does not mean he is ready to stop lying, it could just mean that he likes your challenge.

As the relationship goes on, you will see and feel weather or not he is insincere or sincere. If he does not call you, that will mean that he is either waiting you out to come running back to him or that he does not want to deal with your challenge, if that is the case, do not run behind him, find someone else. Ultimately, if you continue to feel that he wants to keep questioning your intelligence, you will just need to leave him alone.

A man will only keep doing what you will let him do.

Ladies what is this we lie just as much as they do, it is just that we do it with class and we have our girl friends to back us up. grin

Like when you say you when out with one of ya girls, and rang her to say (if whats his face) call say that we went to this place and that, at this time and that.

roflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Dvampire(m): 6:44pm On Oct 04, 2006
the day most ladies will be true to themselves, that's when
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Sista(f): 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2006
@Coco29

Ladies what is this we lie just as much as they do, it is just that we do it with class and we have our girl friends to back us up.

Like when you say you when out with one of ya girls, and rang her to say (if whats his face) call say that we went to this place and that, at this time and that.

roflmao

Come on Coco, you know when a woman resorts to lying it is usually do to her being lied to so many times. Of course when we women deside that we do not want to be true any more, it is usually temporary and when we do the lying, we are very good at it but that is after being lied to over and over.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Coco29(f): 7:16pm On Oct 04, 2006
Sista:

@Coco29

Come on Coco, you know when a woman resorts to lying it is usually do to her being lied to so many times. Of course when we women deside that we do not want to be true any more, it is usually temporary and when we do the lying, we are very good at it but that is after being lied to over and over.
sista ma sista i have to be honest here cheesy i do not lie because i do what i want to do so nothing to explain to no one, however if u know the amount of ma sistas who call me up and say we went to this place at this time just incase he calls and these girls have some of the best brothers possible I AM SORRY SWEETIE BUT US LADIES CAN LIE, SO GOOD WE CAN DO IT TO GET INTO HEAVEN.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by sweetlove(m): 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2006
Hola Coco29 and sista, I am following Up your replies,However there is still No real answer on when will a Man stop Lying.
Gracias Mi amigos.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Brownsuga(f): 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2006
I hate lies. Gosh i hate them so much.

And I would like to believe that all men are liars,
but i would also like to be optimistic and believe that there are also good African men, out there, somewhere,

I think lying is general and by both parties, can stop when there is an open environment
for dialogue and mutual trust. Yes Men can alot from women,
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by wills(m): 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2006
sweetlove:

PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME WHEN WILL A MAN STOP LYING.

Only when  most women are Honest enough to believe the truth!!!,
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Coco29(f): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2006
sweetlove you are asking an impossible question because as long as women believe their bull-shit they will continue to lie.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by neelsel(f): 2:37am On Oct 05, 2006
NEVER>> It's in their genes, tongue
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by segun111(m): 3:58am On Oct 05, 2006
@coco,

I am 100% in agreement with you when you said everyone has the potential to lie and yes we all do lie in one form or the other. Now, it depend on the level of lies; white lies, we all do that just to defend our ego and the ability to think that we are right all the time.

Women lie to men as well as men lie to women, however, when you are in relationship with someone and you lie then it is a sign that you are cheating on your partner. Again, the same goes on both ways,
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by GNature(m): 4:42am On Oct 05, 2006
Coco29:

sista ma sista i have to be honest here cheesy i do not lie because i do what i want to do so nothing to explain to no one, I AM SORRY SWEETIE BUT US LADIES CAN LIE, SO GOOD WE CAN DO IT TO GET INTO HEAVEN.

@Coco29

Thank you so much for being objective and honest. I don't know why people feel "training a man" would make any difference. A liar is a liar period. And it goes for both sexes as you have intelligently pointed out.

Men generally lie beacuse (1) they don't want to hurt their woman's feelings (2) they feel this is the only way they can get what they want from a woman. So, men would always lie as long as these two issues persist.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Dalby(m): 9:35am On Oct 05, 2006
Quote :Sweetlove

AND PROMISE NEVER TO LIE/ HURT HER  AGAIN
I wonder how somebody can promise never to lie to a lady. "Boast not of the future cos the future is not yours to give"

Quote :neelsel
NEVER>> It's in their genes. Its in the human genes both male and female!!!
We all do it to get out of a bind, both male and female so - Never
What we do is to try is to try to avoid putting ourselves in positions of compromise.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Coco29(f): 10:08am On Oct 05, 2006
GNature:

@Coco29

Thank you so much for being objective and honest. I don't know why people feel "training a man" would make any difference. A liar is a liar period. And it goes for both sexes as you have intelligently pointed out.

Men generally lie because (1) they don't want to hurt their woman's feelings (2) they feel this is the only way they can get what they want from a woman. So, men would always lie as long as these two issues persist.

segun111:

@coco,

I am 100% in agreement with you when you said everyone has the potential to lie and yes we all do lie in one form or the other. Now, it depend on the level of lies; white lies, we all do that just to defend our ego and the ability to think that we are right all the time.

Women lie to men as well as men lie to women, however, when you are in relationship with someone and you lie then it is a sign that you are cheating on your partner. Again, the same goes on both ways,

what i have learned over the yrs is that, a woman/man would lie not because they are afraid to lose a relationship, they lie simply because they were caught out, lies like that shows that your relationship is not real, a relationship that has gone deeper into the dynamics of who the two of you are would not be like this, a lie in such a relationship would be out of desperation IE either one of you knows that , what ever it is that was done is the one thing your partner told you would hurt him or her.

I am not a saint but i try very hard to go with my instincts and listen away from what i am feeling in my stomach, ladies we should not just take what men say because we love them, we need to use our heads and think about what he is saying, not our hearts, there are no feelings of love in our hearts, it is in our heads and until we are able to step back from what we are feeling, men will always lie.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by lovestinks(f): 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2006
when hell freezes over,
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by lovestinks(f): 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2006
sweetlove:

Hola Coco29 and sista, I am following Up your replies,However there is still No real answer on when will a Man stop Lying.
Gracias Mi amigos.
hey are u serious i tot this was all a joke, my dear answering this question is like answering the age old question about the chick and the egg.which came first, am sure u get my drift
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by sweetlove(m): 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2006
@lovestinks I Get your drift, How would U cope when your man never stop lying.Or is there a way for you to stop your man from lying.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Coco29(f): 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2006
sweetlove:

@lovestinks I Get your drift, How would U cope when your man never stop lying.Or is there a way for you to stop your man from lying.

sweetlove it seems to me that this question you seek the answer too, goes deeper for you, what you should be asking your self is why am i with a lier, because we all know that if we have a man who lies then that brother does not love us. wink
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by mylife(f): 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2006
Men will never stop liying.the bible says the heart of man is wicked
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2006
when the world comes to an end grin
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by naijafan(m): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2006
wills:

Only when most women are Honest enough to believe the truth!!!,

Best answer ever!
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Sista(f): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2006
@Sweetlove

If a man knows that you are his friend as well as his woman and lover, he will also feel that he can be his self with you. In my experience a liar is a liar but if a man knows that you are his friend, he may not lie so much because you and he have a cool relationship.

On the other hand, if the man is not a liar and he is good friends with his woman, he will know that she prefers the truth, even if the truth hurts.

I think it all comes down to how much the man repsects the woman as well as how much he respects his self. If the man does not like being lied to and he respects his self, he will not lie to his woman.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by sasuos(m): 8:44am On Oct 08, 2006
[i]THIS IS VERY EASY, MEN WILL DEFINATELY STOPPPPP LYING IF AND WHEN YOU START TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH AS IT IS. WE LIE B'COS THATS WHAT MOST OF U GIRLS WANT TO HEAR, (SOMETIMES THE TRUTH CAN HURT, U KNOW?)[/b]
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by segun111(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2006
naijafan:

Best answer ever!

How can you say that was the best answer ever, when you know in fact that all humans lie to their teeth biko.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by naijafan(m): 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2006
@segun111
maybe you didnt read the quote well. it says 'Only when most women are Honest enough to believe the truth'. It points out that women arent honest either.

see what i mean?
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Busta(f): 3:00am On Oct 11, 2006
come to think of this that this is coming from a guy, interesting!

back to the topic, guys will stop lying when God himself comes down earth.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by olutomiwa(m): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2006
Wen girls STOP PLAYING HARD 2 GET and wen dey STOP LISTENING,o pari.
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 11, 2006
even if he is really crazy about you,he will still lie to keep you.imagine your man telling you he went to see an old girlriend,won't you prefer it if he said he went to see his sister?
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by kokoletz(m): 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2006
Let us nt forget d general saying dt truth is bitter. Guys will stop lying only when truth start tasting like honey. gbam
Re: When Will A Man Stop Lying? by naijafan(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2006
@kennygee
nice 1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave / See Old White Woman Wey Naija Guy Go Marry / Bad Relationship, Really getting tired Of Dating sha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.