Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole (46370 Views)

Blackhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2015
Oahray:
Hmmm... Even if wormholes and whiteholes turn out to be more than just unproven speculation, even if they could somehow be reproduced (in like 500 years from now), it would have very limited application on earth. Forget sci-fi movies, the frail human body cannot survive the travel through such high energy 'portals'.
true . . . you do have a point.
However, understanding how these portals work can lead us to fabricate our own versions. "Low energy portals"
We can always find out why humans cannot travel through natural portals, and then create fine tuned ones through which we can.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dabosuker(m): 11:12am On Sep 09, 2015
davien:
Actually the death of a star in a supernova, sends it's contents(hydrogen, helium, etc) out into space, if it's of sufficient mass, gravity pulls it into a star or planetoid through accretion.
And a Supanova is very beautiful , more beautiful than Joseph in the Bible i tell you grin,

I once told a girl i had a crush on back in 2007, that she was my "Supernova", she just looked at me dumbfound , she was confused if it was a complement or an insult, I immediately had to take her on an astronomy class grin
Till today i look for a lady that would appreciate that complement smiley
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:15am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Religion section

for what?. . . .what exactly is the business of physics with religion angry

Have you forgotten Gods were mentionef in the OP?
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by brushstrokes(f): 11:15am On Sep 09, 2015
Oahray:
Hmmm... Even if wormholes and whiteholes turn out to be more than just unproven speculation, even if they could somehow be reproduced (in like 500 years from now), it would have very limited application on earth. Forget sci-fi movies, the frail human body cannot survive the travel through such high energy 'portals'.

Guess who I found in the black hole smiley
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2015
Wait a minute . . . . shocked shocked

What if the mods have been refusing to put our threads on frontpage because they think we've been stealing them from other sites? shocked

Lalasticlala, abeg please oh! We're not like that here abeg. We've got creative people here and once you scroll through a thread and you don't find a link. Then you should be sure we're the original authors.

And if you're so astounded by the quality of the article that you can't believe Nigerians wrote it, you can always ask us. smiley

Johnydon22 and robinhez, abi? Help me tell him nah.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Oahray: 11:18am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
I know but Africans is like Pheeeew don't even know what to say.

You will see someone zapped by lightening will start blaming his village uncles instead of acknowledging he was standing directly on the path of the lightening..

That reminds me, How to calculate how close you are to a lightening.
Once a lightening flashes, start a stop watch and stop the stop watch immediately the thunder clap follows.

then divide the time by 5. . .If you get less than 0.5 migrate from that area immediately to avoid stories that touch grin but if you have variable above 0.5, you are safe..

em... We'd get there someday (hopefully), technology affords us the opportunity of learning what we aren't taught in our schools.

I'd try this.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2015
dabosuker:

And a Supanova is very beautiful , more beautiful than Joseph in the Bible i tell you grin,

I once told a girl i had a crush on back in 2007, that she was my "Supernova", she just looked at me dumbfound , she was confused if it was a complement or an insult, I immediately had to take her on an astronomy class grin
I will give anything to find a girl that can match up with me on such things. a girl with as much interest as me on science especially Astronomy, a girl i can sometimes discuss such things with.

i will fall in love with her immediately and marry her for real..
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dabosuker(m): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2015
DrayZee:
I feel the "gods" were actually extraterrestrial beings of higher intelligence who visited earth.
And a large population of the earth have actually witnessed the arrival of UFO's. I think I heard somewhere that Belgium had officially recognized the existence of such beings.

Yes you in my school of thought! smiley
The Gods were Astronauts!
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by tgmservice: 11:20am On Sep 09, 2015
All na hole
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Oahray: 11:20am On Sep 09, 2015
brushstrokes:

Guess who I found in the black hole smiley
wow! Is this you? Been aeons!!!
Where have you been?
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by freecocoa(f): 11:22am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
I will give anything to find a girl that can match up with me on such things. a girl with as much interest as me on science especially Astronomy, a girl i can sometimes discuss such things with.

I have one for you, let's talk business.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:22am On Sep 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
Wait a minute . . . . shocked shocked

What if the mods have been refusing to put our threads on frontpage because they think we've been stealing them from other sites? shocked

Lalasticlala, abeg please oh! We're not like that here abeg. We've got creative people here and once you scroll through a thread and you don't find a link. Then you should be sure we're the original authors.

And if you're so astounded by the quality of the article that you can't believe Nigerians wrote it, you can always ask us. smiley

Johnydon22 and robinhez, abi? Help me tell him nah.
Lmao... lalasticlala is always looking for source because its more like a tradition here..

But we are mostly the original writers of our posts, so lalasticlala don't ask for source for our posts if you don't see them, it only means other people who might copy them will have to cite Naiaraland as the original source..smiley
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2015
freecocoa:
I have one for you, let's talk business.
Am in
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by unclejb2(m): 11:24am On Sep 09, 2015
Excessive smoking of certain kind of grass could be retrogressively aggressive and logically slowpoke.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dabosuker(m): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:

That kind is rare , very rare in Nigeria,
Most times when am with a lady & I bring up such discussion, they always think am crazy embarassed, When i mention Mars & Milky way , they think am talking about Chocolates tongue
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Empedocles(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2015
Do u̶̲̥̅̊ really want us to do dis?The truth is we wld never learn a bit about the universe until jesus comes it wld just be a series of theories to b later annulled,,,moving in circles
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Oahray: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
true . . . you do have a point.
However, understanding how these portals work can lead us to fabricate our own versions. "Low energy portals"
We can always find out why humans cannot travel through natural portals, and then create fine tuned ones through which we can.
see as e dey sweet you to talk grin
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2015
dabosuker:

Yes you in my school of thought! smiley
The Gods were Astronauts!
It's quite possible ..lmao grin. Imagine if humans explored an exo planet with primitive beings there... Humans will be deified and termed Gods.

Many myths will follow suite and in no time people will be praying to the Gods (humans) and killing each other in our name when we don't even have any idea of what they are doing.. grin
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by freecocoa(f): 11:29am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Am in
Okay, she'll meet you under the mango tree near that junction tonight, just get your binoculars ready, you'll be star gazing n'abania.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2015
dabosuker:

That kind is rare , very rare in Nigeria,
Most times when am with a lady & I bring up such discussion, they always think am crazy embarassed, When i mention Mars & Milky way , they think am talking about Chocolates tongue
I mostly have pictures of planets, galaxies and nebulas on my whatsapp and animals too..

Girls be like "What dah hell is this stuff you always put here" I will start explaining at the end of the day they wouldn't still grab.. sad
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Oahray: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2015
dabosuker:

Yes you in my school of thought! smiley The Gods were Astronauts!
I disagree.
Why did they stop coming then?
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by brushstrokes(f): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2015
Oahray:
wow! Is this you? Been aeons!!!

Where have you been?

Tumbling through space grin

How are you?
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2015
Oahray:
I disagree.

Why did they stop coming then?
Exactly, but maybe that generation of ET has died off just like ours have died off too.

But their children should know asin they should have records of it and if their children visited they would be surprised they won't find the primitive dummies their father's met when they came grin

Endless are the possibilities . . . Let them come smiley
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by freecocoa(f): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:
I mostly have pictures of planets, galaxies and nebulas on my whatsapp and animals too..

Girls be like "What dah hell is this stuff you always put here" I will start explaining at the end of the day they wouldn't still grab.. sad
What is that? Abeg stop insulting my sisters, when telemundo and nollywood is still alive you want us to be talking about galax hairstyle, abeg o.tongue
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:36am On Sep 09, 2015
freecocoa:
Okay, she'll meet you under the mango tree near that junction tonight, just get your binoculars ready, you'll be star gazing n'abania.
Hahahahahahaha yeye girl
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by sukkot: 11:37am On Sep 09, 2015
dabosuker:

bros you fall hand big time. the girl should have slapped you. you told her she is your supernova ? do you know what a supernova is ? a dying star. so you are telling her that her star is dying ? lmao some of you try to form like you know what you are talking about grin

1 Like

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:37am On Sep 09, 2015
freecocoa:
What is that? Abeg stop insulting my sisters, when telemundo and nollywood is still alive you want us to be talking about galax hairstyle, abeg o.tongue
Don't forget Zee world embarassed

They kinda just learn how to fall in love only grin
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 09, 2015
Empedocles:
Do u̶̲̥̅̊ really want us to do dis?The truth is we wld never learn a bit about the universe until jesus comes it wld just be a series of theories to b later annulled,,,moving in circles

I don't understand what you're talking about.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Oahray: 11:39am On Sep 09, 2015
brushstrokes:

Tumbling through space grin
How are you?
ah! I see. Don't go painting on stars though tongue
I'm fine. Is there any reliable way to reach you? cheesy
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:39am On Sep 09, 2015
sukkot:
bros you fall hand big time. the girl should have slapped you. you told her she is your supernova ? do you know what a supernova is ? a dying star. so you are telling her that her star is dying ? lmao some of you try to form like you know what you are talking about grin
Bros you harsh ooooo grin a supernova is beautifully colourful naa... he doesn't mean she is a dying star but that she is as beautiful as the supernova.

Your mind wicked ooo grin

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by freecocoa(f): 11:39am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:

You shouldn't blame us o, we are a product of our society, a pity it is still.sad

Have you seen the series 'dark matter'?
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 09, 2015
johnydon22:

grin grin grin

Falling in love can also be studied scientifically. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) / Ten Of The Tallest Trees In The World (Pictures) / Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.