Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! (49518 Views)

Islamic Radicals Will Be Totally Wipe Out Of Planet Earth - Don Dee Trump / #presidentialmediachat: Buhari Not Different From Adolf Hitler – PDP / Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 2:56am On Oct 12, 2015
c33b33:
What is working in nigeria? "You are alive,can eat,live in a house,use the internet" lol Oh dear Lord! I give up on you lots.

Are those in Zimbabwe not eating, living in a house or using the internet?

Things won't work out at once but in the case of Lugard's invention,things will never work. I won't respond to any mentions on this issue anymore

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Politically, what should be the minimum qualification to via for public office as regard age,education,origin and the rest?

Carnegiefan please don't stop writing,countless people are reading this I assure you.

IPOB

This is a very important question.
Biafra should NOT depend on PERSONS, rather on INSTITUTIONS.
My opinion is that once those institutions are in place (eg law enforcement, civil service, judiciary, etc) we should deliberately encourage YOUTH participation in political leadership. One of the malaise of Nigeria is this tendency for OLD MEN to seize the political space. They just occupy the space and, due to their ossified habits, nothing changes!
Once we fix our schools (high schools and universities) someone should be able to hold City Mayor position even with a high school certificate -provided the person is 18+ years. We shouldn't accept a 30+ year high school graduate (using the "youth category" ) into such position unless such a person has a successful CORPORATE company to show. By successful I mean companies with at least 50 people in their payroll. Ideally our leaders should all be university graduates. Presidential position should be open to 30 year old university graduates; but we should be able to accept a genuis 24 year old as president too! Most people graduate from university by 24 years. There are a lot of responsible and intelligent 24 year olds out there. For this to work, our universities has to be some of the best in the world.
Nevertheless, the system should be designed and expected to work even if some incompetent person is elected.
Youths have more vive and energy, and tend to be more patriotic and less corrupt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 3:06am On Oct 12, 2015
Still on leadership, we must depart from the Nigeria sectionalist tendencies whereby you only contest for political positions in the place of your "ancestry". That must end in Biafra. If someone has lived in a place for one year and is a full Biafran citizen, and has investments in that place, he qualifies to contest. It is left to the local clan electorates to elect him or not. He or she should not be disqualified by the reason of his or her not being from that place.
"Home" in Biafra is where ever you find yourself!
If the local clans don't accept you, it means that you have failed to convince them that you care for them; so you lose. Simple.
Cries of nepotism will be ignored. cool

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by kenny987(f): 9:02am On Oct 12, 2015
On the Criminal Justice System, I expect we will have one based more on reformation than punishment! This is of course after a precise revolution that takes care of those too immersed in Nigerian standards.

Except in cases of cold blooded murder, rape n child abuse, some less heinous offences should have offenders dealt with with a view to making them better members of society and as much as possible removing d cause of d crime. There will be constant monitoring to ensure an offender does not fall back to his old ways. Repeat offenders must necessarily serve some jail time.

Ultimately we should be looking towards having more empty prisons than full ones. Political office holders will already work within a system that reduces chances of corruption n embezzlement. Recalcitrant ones upon establishment of guilt will be stripped of their offices n barred from occupying or contesting for such offices.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 11:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
kenny987:
On the Criminal Justice System, I expect we will have one based more on reformation than punishment! This is of course after a precise revolution that takes care of those too immersed in Nigerian standards.

Except in cases of cold blooded murder, rape n child abuse, some less heinous offences should have offenders dealt with with a view to making them better members of society and as much as possible removing d cause of d crime. There will be constant monitoring to ensure an offender does not fall back to his old ways. Repeat offenders must necessarily serve some jail time.

Ultimately we should be looking towards having more empty prisons than full ones. Political office holders will already work within a system that reduces chances of corruption n embezzlement. Recalcitrant ones upon establishment of guilt will be stripped of their offices n barred from occupying or contesting for such offices.

Ingenious! This is exactly BIAFRAN. Our investments in human resource development will make crime unnecessary.
That is the only way policemen and women can walk beats unarmed.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 11:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
^^
BTW I await someone who can prove to me that such can happen in Nigeria; EVER.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 12:32am On Oct 13, 2015
The monkeys and baboons are here in droves. But we remain resolute.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I support the idea of a youth oriented administration but older men with a clear vision must be incorporated so we don't end up like King Rehoboam who forsook the counsel of the old men.

I also support the idea of one been eligible for a political post not minding his/her place of origin.

IPOB

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by c33b33(m): 12:38am On Oct 13, 2015
What about immunity for political office holders? I am totally against it because it increases the urge to hold on to power recklessly. Can someone convince me why it is necessary?

IPOB
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 3:48am On Oct 13, 2015
c33b33:
What about immunity for political office holders? I am totally against it because it increases the urge to hold on to power recklessly. Can someone convince me why it is necessary?

IPOB

That one na pure Naija thing. I'm yet to see any developed country that has such law.
A person gets arrested and tried for a crime once enough evidence has been gathered. Once indicted, the person is suspended from his appointment until the case concludes.
We don't need any special police or special courts to try political corruption. Basic and well oiled Biafran law and judicial process will handled ALL crimes. Justice should have same "spirit", and that spirit foists the Biafran socio-economic and political philosophy on the whole process.
One of such spirit is that NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW. Another of such spirit is that the aim is to reform the individual to make him/her a better human being and citizen. Once a person has paid his dues and is evidently reformed, he/she should be given second chance after about 5 years.
We defeat wickedness by not sowing wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
The next "Nigerian" thing that will not remotely appear in Biafra is "Land Use Act". It is a pseudo-communist legal instrument that steals private property and indirectly makes citizens tenants in their God given land.
Even the claim that it helps to expedite development has not been substantiated.
It is a product of military dictatorship that belongs in antquity.
In Biafra, true justice begins with fairness and an overt repudiation of all products of totalitarianism and fascism.
No country can attain first world status with such mundane law.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by hassman: 12:50am On Oct 14, 2015
carnegiefan:

@First bolded: You must really be deluded because I can bet you that you will find more Easterners defending Biafra (I'd say about 90+%) today, than will care about defending Nigeria. True nation is in the HEARTS of the people not on paper. Papers can be burnt, spirits are immortal.

@Second bolded: If you really truly believe what you wrote up there, then you should be fired (BTW I know you are being paid to be here) from your trolling job, together with your colleagues deceiving yourselves here.
So, the short answer remains YES IT IS POSSIBLE, VERY POSSIBLE TO OPERATE 100 IPs from ONE computer. I won't teach you how because it will make the costs of your lies here cheaper. Go to proper computer tech school.
I'm apparently miles ahead of you troll lots here. That is why I am a BIAFRAN and you are a "Nigger -arean". cool

Mr man, don't deceive yourself and others with the bold-faced lies you have written above regarding Internet Protocol address.
Equally, Nigeria does not just exist on paper alone but both in the physical and legal spheres, unlike biafra you are dreaming out of the internet pages. An impossible task, to say the least!

Regarding the Internet Protocol address the lady wrote, "No one computer can have more than one unique address. .....your claim that one can create 100 accounts and be online at the same time implies being on a 100 computers at the same time, which is impossible...."

Your reply was, "YES IT IS POSSIBLE, VERY POSSIBLE TO OPERATE 100 IPs from ONE computer. I won't teach you how because it will make the costs of your lies here cheaper. Go to proper computer tech school".

First, do you mean to sign up to hundred Internet Service Providers , e.g. MTN, GLO etc at the same time? If so, this is not the same as IP Address.

First of all, you are obviously confused as to what is Internet Protocol Address! The Internet Protocol (IP) is the method or protocol by which data is sent from one computer to another on the Internet. Each computer (known as a host) on the Internet has one IP address that uniquely identifies it from all other computers on the global Internet. You cannot have 100 of them assigned to one computer at the same time!. In short, IP address identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent in packets across the Internet. It is therefore not possible for the host computer or the receiver to have 100 unique IP addresses!

When you request an HTML page or send e-mail, the Internet Protocol includes your IP address in the message and sends it to the other IP address through the domain name in the Uniform Resource Locator you requested or in the e-mail address you're sending a note to. At the other end, the recipient can see the IP address of the person that requested the Web page or the e-mail sender and can respond by sending another message using the IP address it received.

To bring it down to your level, each phone has one unique number and not hundreds. Similarly, 100 different numbers cannot dial your number at the same time and speak with you from 100 different phones around the world at the same time. This is the degree of your ignorance and unchecked dogmatism.

Knowledge is not by force or by insulting people who seek to point out where you are deficient or by insisting you know it when you don't. As the lady pointed out, you don't form a country with this type of ineptitude or bankrupt foolish pride!

17 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by letibab(f): 1:08am On Oct 14, 2015
hassman:

Mr man, don't deceive yourself and others with the bold-faced lies you have written above regarding Internet Protocol address.
Equally, Nigeria does not just exist on paper alone but both in the physical and legal spheres, unlike biafra you are dreaming out of the internet pages. An impossible task, to say the least!

Regarding the Internet Protocol address the lady wrote, "No one computer can have more than one unique address. .....your claim that one can create 100 accounts and be online at the same time implies being on a 100 computers at the same time, which is impossible...."

Your reply was, "YES IT IS POSSIBLE, VERY POSSIBLE TO OPERATE 100 IPs from ONE computer. I won't teach you how because it will make the costs of your lies here cheaper. Go to proper computer tech school".

First, do you mean to sign up to hundred Internet Service Providers , e.g. MTN, GLO etc at the same time? If so, this is not the same as IP Address.

First of all, you are obviously confused as to what is Internet Protocol Address! The Internet Protocol (IP) is the method or protocol by which data is sent from one computer to another on the Internet. Each computer (known as a host) on the Internet has one IP address that uniquely identifies it from all other computers on the global Internet. You cannot have 100 of them assigned to one computer at the same time!. In short, IP address identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent in packets across the Internet. It is therefore not possible for the host computer or the receiver to have 100 unique IP addresses!

When you request an HTML page or send e-mail, the Internet Protocol includes your IP address in the message and sends it to the other IP address through the domain name in the Uniform Resource Locator you requested or in the e-mail address you're sending a note to. At the other end, the recipient can see the IP address of the person that requested the Web page or the e-mail sender and can respond by sending another message using the IP address it received.

To bring it down to your level, each phone has one unique number and not hundreds. Similarly, 100 different numbers cannot dial your number at the same time and speak with you from 100 different phones around the world at the same time. This is the degree of your ignorance and unchecked dogmatism.

Knowledge is not by force or by insulting people who seek to point out where you are deficient or by insisting you know it when you don't. As the lady pointed out, you don't form a country with this type of ineptitude or bankrupt foolish pride!

Detailed and easily understandable to the lay person!

8 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by eneidoko(f): 1:45am On Oct 14, 2015
carnegiefan:

@First bolded: You must really be deluded because I can bet you that you will find more Easterners defending Biafra (I'd say about 90+%) today, than will care about defending Nigeria. True nation is in the HEARTS of the people not on paper. Papers can be burnt, spirits are immortal.

@Second bolded: If you really truly believe what you wrote up there, then you should be fired (BTW I know you are being paid to be here) from your trolling job, together with your colleagues deceiving yourselves here.
So, the short answer remains YES IT IS POSSIBLE, VERY POSSIBLE TO OPERATE 100 IPs from ONE computer. I won't teach you how because it will make the costs of your lies here cheaper. Go to proper computer tech school.
I'm apparently miles ahead of you troll lots here. That is why I am a BIAFRAN and you are a "Nigger -arean". cool

Ignorance is a disease and you can wallow in it as you like! I am paid to be here? Paid to visit a Nigerian website?
Besides not knowing who you are, are you also seeing things? Ibo boy, you flatter yourself!
I don't I will visit this thread again to read this awful trash about computer, IPA and biafra!
There is an excellent piece by Hassman above which can shed light on your darkness!

11 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Nobody: 1:50am On Oct 14, 2015
hassman:
...Nigeria does not just exist on paper alone but both in the physical and legal spheres, unlike biafra you are dreaming out of the internet pages. An impossible task, to say the least!...

flyingsnail:
BREAKING!!! IPOB Petitions UN; Demands Referendum For Biafra’s Independenc

30th September 2015

BREAKING!!! IPOB Petitions UN; Demands Referendum For Biafra’s IndependenceBiafra

Read the petition on CNN

Here is the link to sign the petiton to UN for a referendum or outright secession of Biafra from Nigeria.

http://www.igberetvnews.com/?p=13807
FrankAba1:
Twenty-one thousand, two hundred and forty four (21,244) signatures, just within two(2) weeks.

Please keep signing it Biafrans and our friends all over the world!
Share the link with your friends all over the social networks. Anyone in the world can sign it from anywhere in the world.
Get the #FreeBiafra trending in the cyber space.

Many thanks for your co-operation.

Frank, Nwa Aba!
badnature:
Why is it that any thread about Biafra!like gang up of hyenas yoruba people will be every were complaining,shouting,screaming,yealing? could this be LOVE? or is it that the are afraid of the unknown with their masters up north I just can't get it,because Biafran people don't care if the exist or not.even when the said that oduduwa failed from the sky,biafrans did not ask them wether he is part of those demons that were cast down to earth,we believe it not our problem,so why are they so much in to our affairs

https://www.nairaland.com/2634122/breaking-ipob-petitions-un-demands#38533114
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by AAinEqGuinea: 4:37am On Oct 14, 2015
First let me begin by saying Nnamdi Kanu is the Truth. I can not collaborate with Nnamdi on the spiteful criticisms of other tribes because I never lived it, but the ugly pictures he paints of Nigeria is a 1:1 reflection of too African Americans I'm sick of sharing the some planet and identity with. It's not only many African Americans, but I don't need white American to lord over me with their jobs, guns, welfare, etc.. I'm glad Nnamdi points this out as well. We should work for the greater good of black people which is not empty pro-black bullshît. As is the case with Nigeria, whites will attempt to use stvpid black Americans against any progress and they will continue to proudly take the bait.

I've heard many Africans claim that the African American problem is the lack of culture (lost since slavery). I disagree, with an initial premise that many Africans are fvcked up and yet they're full of culture. I tend to not respect people who NEED a social crutch because what happens when it's not there? I'd like to see more small Biafratown, Yorubatown, (your tribe)town districts in America similar to the Chinatowns we already have. Naturally, anyone's welcomed to spend money with us but I'd do my damnest to make sure this will not be another Black Wall St. or worst, another decrepit ghetto, plagued by the poverty mentality that many still suffer from.

I'm reading many comments from those who entertain the use of guns and a quasi-military policing structure. Bad idea. Only persons having the least amount of contact with civilians should be armed (having Captain rank or above). A small suggestion for Biafra because here in America everyone thinks they're a badâss when brandishing a gun, including "well trained" police.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by BlackTechnology: 4:43am On Oct 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
First let me begin by saying Nnamdi Kanu is the Truth. I can not collaborate with Nnamdi on the spiteful criticisms of other tribes because I never lived it, but the ugly pictures he paints of Nigeria is a 1:1 reflection of too African Americans I'm sick of sharing the some planet and identity with. It's not only many African Americans, but I don't need white American to lord over me with their jobs, guns, welfare, etc.. I'm glad Nnamdi points this out as well. We should work for the greater good of black people which is not empty pro-black bullshît. As is the case with Nigeria, whites will attempt to use stvpid black Americans against any progress and they will continue to proudly take the bait.

I've heard many Africans claim that the African American problem is the lack of culture (lost since slavery). I disagree, with an initial premise that many Africans are fvcked up and yet they're full of culture. I tend to not respect people who NEED a social crutch because what happens when it's not there? I'd like to see more small Biafratown, Yorubatown, (your tribe)town districts in America similar to the Chinatowns we already have. Naturally, anyone's welcomed to spend money with us but I'd do my damnest to make sure this will not be another Black Wall St. or worst, another decrepit ghetto, plagued by the poverty mentality that many still suffer from.

I'm reading many comments from those who entertain the use of guns and a quasi-military policing structure. Bad idea. Only persons having the least amount of contact with civilians should be armed (having Captain rank or above). A small suggestion for Biafra because here in America everyone thinks they're a badâss when brandishing a gun, including "well trained" police.

I disagree with you

Since we surrounded by hostile neighbours , it is best we apply the Switzerland and Israeli defense idea this time around for both sex. cool
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by AAinEqGuinea: 5:01am On Oct 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

I disagree with you

Since we surrounded by hostile neighbours , it is best we apply the Switzerland and Israeli defense idea this time around for both sex. cool

Sounds like the role of a well-armed Army/Military, protecting national interest, not policing citizens. Nnamdi rightfully complains about this all the time, somehow there is confusion regarding the roles of policing and military.

Dont get me wrong, America is starting to get it confused too but for America there may be a need for shared arsenal between police and military because just about every citizen has, at minimum, a handgun. I could be wrong, but it seems that only the hardened criminals of Nigeria have guns.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 7:51am On Oct 14, 2015
hassman:

[s]Mr man, don't deceive yourself and others with the bold-faced lies you have written above regarding Internet Protocol address.

Your reply was, "YES IT IS POSSIBLE, VERY POSSIBLE TO OPERATE 100 IPs from ONE computer. I won't teach you how because it will make the costs of your lies here cheaper. Go to proper computer tech school". [/s]

[s]First of all, you are obviously confused as to what is Internet Protocol Address! The Internet Protocol (IP) is the method or protocol by which data is sent from one computer to another on the Internet. Each computer (known as a host) on the Internet has one IP address that uniquely identifies it from all other computers on the global Internet. You cannot have 100 of them assigned to one computer at the same time!. In short, IP address identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent in packets across the Internet. It is therefore not possible for the host computer or the receiver to have 100 unique IP addresses!

Knowledge is not by force or by insulting people who seek to point out where you are deficient or by insisting you know it when you don't. As the lady pointed out, you don't form a country with this type of ineptitude or bankrupt foolish pride![/s]

I struck out all the trash in your comment and bolded the core of your question.
The core basically assumes that every poster here posts from CELL PHONES. Chai Naija! SMH! shocked
So all Nigerians only access the internet forums by cell phones alone eh shocked
I'm speechless.

Well, you trolls can keep deceiving yourselves. None of your monikers has more than 100 posts in the whole of Nairaland, and you have invested about 20% - 50% of your posts in this thread and other pro Biafra or pro eastern Nigeria threads.

And... YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO OWN 100 NAIRALAND ACCOUNTS AND BE LIKING YOUR OWN POSTS FROM THE SAME COMPUTER.
Your APC did it handsomely throughout their demonic campaigns against Jonathan.
You can keep deceiving yourselves.

In Nnamdi Kanu's voice: "We Biafrans are thoroughly educated!". cool cheesy

Ndi ara.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 8:01am On Oct 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Sounds like the role of a well-armed Army/Military, protecting national interest, not policing citizens. Nnamdi rightfully complains about this all the time, somehow there is confusion regarding the roles of policing and military.

Dont get me wrong, America is starting to get it confused too but for America there may be a need for shared arsenal between police and military because just about every citizen has, at minimum, a handgun. I could be wrong, but it seems that only the hardened criminals of Nigeria have guns.

Yes Nnamdi Kanu supports the type of armless society that I've advocated here. No society is saved by gun saturation. More guns only leads to more violence. If Biafra ever makes it out of Nigeria, we shall fight to keep guns and other weapons far away from society.
In fact it should be that anytime someone sees a gun in society, it should be on a police detective (handguns) or SWAT (assault riffles of necessary hue). I've visited both armed and unarmed countries, and without a doubt, unarmed ones were more peaceful and serene.
Anything else would be to recreate Nigeria through the back door. In Nigeria the citizen is not armed, but armed police are killing unarmed people and none is held accountable. In Biafra, BEAT COPS (the ones you see patrolling on car, foot, or bikes) will be uarmed.
Nigeria copies things and never develops the guts to go the whole miles. Nigerian police should be disarmed as ordinary citizens to stop their murderous tendencies.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by BlackTechnology: 8:25am On Oct 14, 2015
carnegiefan:

Yes Nnamdi Kanu supports the type of armless society that I've advocated here. No society is saved by gun saturation. More guns only leads to more violence. If Biafra ever makes it out of Nigeria, we shall fight to keep guns and other weapons far away from society.
In fact it should be that anytime someone sees a gun in society, it should be on a police detective (handguns) or SWAT (assault riffles of necessary hue). I've visited both armed and unarmed countries, and without a doubt, unarmed ones were more peaceful and serene.
Anything else would be to recreate Nigeria through the back door. In Nigeria the citizen is not armed, but armed police are killing unarmed people and none is held accountable. In Biafra, BEAT COPS (the ones you see patrolling on car, foot, or bikes) will be uarmed.
Nigeria copies things and never develops the guts to go the whole miles. Nigerian police should be disarmed as ordinary citizens to stop their murderous tendencies.

This idea of yours is what lead to the destruction of Joseon by the Japanese and Chinese

Do you know what a German general told Hitler when he proposed to invade Switzerland.?

For every German soldier you send, Swiss will deploy 2.

The director and you are wrong on this one

You think our Neighbours love us

Odua Arewanistan Cameroon can't be trusted in keeping peace with Biafra

Arming both sex in the fashion of Israel and Switzerland is the best measure to protect our sovereignty
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 8:50am On Oct 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

This idea of yours is what lead to the destruction of Joseon by the Japanese and Chinese

Do you know what a German general told Hitler when he proposed to invade Switzerland.?

Arming both sex in the fashion of Israel and Switzerland is the best measure to protect our sovereignty

You are mixing things up, quite frankly. The Swiss are far less populated than Biafra. The entire Biafran military reserve force will almost equal the total population of Switzerland, about 8 million.
Biafran standing force (the ready to go force) should be small say 50,000 -100,000 highly trained, heavily armed force.
That force, my friend, will be so well trained and so well equipped that it can stop an invading force ten times its size.
The job of keeping Biafra free will first fall on the shoulders of the military, and then the reserve force.
Ordinary citizens have no business carrying firearms around. Beat cops should work in packs to arrest errant citizens and diffuse potential incendiary situations.
If we want true peace and security, we should keep guns away from our civil life, and work hard to build families up, provide social safe nets, and reform criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 14, 2015
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by BlackTechnology: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2015
carnegiefan:

You are mixing things up, quite frankly. The Swiss are far less populated than Biafra. The entire Biafran military reserve force will almost equal the total population of Switzerland, about 8 million.
Biafran standing force (the ready to go force) should be small say 50,000 -100,000 highly trained, heavily armed force.
That force, my friend, will be so well trained and so well equipped that it can stop an invading force ten times its size.
The job of keeping Biafra free will first fall on the shoulders of the military, and then the reserve force.
Ordinary citizens have no business carrying firearms around. Beat cops should work in packs to arrest errant citizens and diffuse potential incendiary situations.
If we want true peace and security, we should keep guns away from our civil life, and work hard to build families up, provide social safe nets, and reform criminals.

In Israel and Switzerland , people don't move around with weapons but they have theirs kept at home.

Secondly

The population of Odua Arewa and Cameroon is 3-5 times the population of Biafra.

Therefore, these nations can muster millions of troops to overcome the 50000-100000 soldiers you proposed if you doubt me ask the US what happened to them in Korea when China entered the war or ask the Germans what happened to them when the US and Russians entered the war

Take it or leave it , Population can help wipe out the advantages of superior arms and training in modern warfare because battles are no longer fought on pitches . What I mean is that, the enemy will use the geography to outflank and encircle a smaller force Eg US and Somalia militants in Mogadishu.

If Biafra trains and arm all her population for war, we will be able to muster close to 30million troops capable of defending our sovereignty.

Why will this idea work.? It will work because no nation can muster 30Million invaders except China and to a large extent India. cool

MY DEAR

50000-100000 WELL TRAINED TROOPS CANT STOP AN INVADING ARMY OF 3 MILLION WHICH ODUA AREWA AND CAMEROON CAN MOBILIZE IF THEY ARE VERY DETERMINE TO DESTROY BIAFRA. cool

TAKE NOTE

IF BIAFRA FIELDS 100,000 TROOPS AGAINST 3MILLION INVADERS, IT WILL BE IN THE RATIO 1BIAFRA : 30 INVADERS

MY BROTHER THE ADVANTAGES OF SUPERIOR ARMS AND TRAINING WILL BE WIPED OUT. cool

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by cheruv: 11:57am On Oct 14, 2015
eneidoko:

Just like biafra wished they never tinkered with Almighty Nigeria!
If you don't understand the bold type highlighted in your response above, I suggest you go to adult education elementary!
I've been following this thread in silence but I think I've to respond here...
Friend, there's nothing Almighty about Nigeria!
The only thing "awesome" about Nigeria is its large population of which 70% of it is composed of 3 totally different ethnicities.
Nations with Nigeria's potentials are riding to the top but we're still here bkos there's no uniting vision!
Lemme let you on a secret....
Everybody is tired of Nigeria but all they're waiting for is a spark...and the spark would come from the most unexpected source cool

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by cheruv: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
carnegiefan:
Still on leadership, we must depart from the Nigeria sectionalist tendencies whereby you only contest for political positions in the place of your "ancestry". That must end in Biafra. If someone has lived in a place for one year and is a full Biafran citizen, and has investments in that place, he qualifies to contest. It is left to the local clan electorates to elect him or not. He or she should not be disqualified by the reason of his or her not being from that place.
"Home" in Biafra is where ever you find yourself!
If the local clans don't accept you, it means that you have failed to convince them that you care for them; so you lose. Simple.
Cries of nepotism will be ignored. cool
I must comment here!
Karny,I think your proposal is bit farfetched due to the attachment Igbos have to land...
In this regard,I'd propose the division of the country into cultural areas like for eg..all members of a particular clan like ngwa or anang would make up one cultural area.these areas would function as regions.
Moreover, the principle of origins would be dual in the sense that one can be from the cultural area he was born in addition to that which his father is from. And if three successive generations are born in a place,they "lose" their father's place of origin.
Moreover, measures would be in place to ensure that people in a cultural area learn the dialect in addition to that of standard Igbo.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by cheruv: 1:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

As a good student of history, the case of Joseon(1392-1910) was very pathetic I must say.it was subject to its neighbors,preferring to live in "peace" than stand up as equals just as Goguryeo had stood up to the various Chinese dynasties that confronted it.

Pertaining arewaoduanistan and kamerun,I'd suggest that in the presence of a highly trained and mechanized army,there should be the formation of ring states serving as buffer between us and these countries.
On the Arewa side,
1]restoration of the Edo empire(comprising of Edo state, itsekiri and urhobo/isoko parts of Delta state, ebira parts of kogi state with the oba as emperor ruling with an elected prime minister
2]the Izon Confederacy comprising of the different ijaw kingdoms lying between the forcados and bonny rivers.This state would be structured on the UAE model with kingdoms within like kalabari, nembe, wakirike etc being independent but united in policies like currency and foreign affairs.
3]the igaladoma dukedom which would be a state uniting the igalas and idomas of old Benue state.the Ata' would be the duke with a chief minister ruling with him.the Igboid igalas of ibaji would of course be ceded to Igboland.

On the Eastern side,I'd suggest that after first concluding treaties of defense and friendship with Germany and France,a massive invasion of kamerun would be launched in concert with southern Cameroonian guerrillas(or ambazania as they call themselves) with the stated goal of an independent Ambazania. If the invasion force plan is modeled on the schliefen plan,Yaunde would be taken in weeks with biyya forced to surrender and sign up the independence of ambazania.
Once that's achieved, the whole Biafran lands East of Oyono(Cross) river would be ceded to Ambazania and the country strengthened by our diplomacy and economics.

This way,we'd gain defensive depth without the added nuisance of a plethora of ethnicities.
Igbo and Ibibio(the only ethnicities I'd want in Biafra) world population is about 50-70M,so mustering an army of 5-7M shouldn't be a problem.. And we can also augment by establishing Obia Legio Biafra(Biafran foreign legion).

Pls continue...

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Curlieweed: 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
carnegiefan:

That is my candid hope bro. I would still welcome more input because believe me for Biafra to be better than Nigeria ideas (no matter how banal it may seem) coming from ordinary folks -common man- is what will do the trick.
Nigeria is a product of a strict TOP-DOWN system, that is why disabled people are fkked in Nigeria. No help whatsoever.
When ordinary people come together to say what they want, the product is an instant leap-frog into first world status.
That is why western countries developed before all other countries on earth.

Good point. I suggest that we can use technology to implement the kind of direct democracy our ancestors practiced in a future Biafran state. I have always wondered why only representatives (members of parliament) can propose and make laws. In the case of Nigeria, (since it's a fake nation anyway) the reps wisely make laws to give themselves more money and perks.

It should be possible for ordinary citizens to propose laws and get them adopted using available modern technology. For instance ATM machines are now fairly ubiquitous. We even use them to pay all kinds of bills. What stops us from issuing every Biafran ( 18+) with a biometric voting cum ID card that enables them using something as ubiquitous as ATM to take part in national decision making in much the same way that our ancestors practiced government?
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by Curlieweed: 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
carnegiefan:

First of all, I will confess my biases here. I come from a gun loving culture where acquiring a gun was an important rite of passage for every adult male. I am of the opinion that we need guns in private hands not only to defend our nation from foreign invaders but also defend the citizenry from aspiring tyrants. The government should be afraid of the people.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
cheruv:

I must comment here!
Karny,I think your proposal is bit farfetched due to the attachment Igbos have to land...
In this regard,I'd propose the division of the country into cultural areas like for eg..all members of a particular clan like ngwa or anang would make up one cultural area.these areas would function as regions.
Moreover, the principle of origins would be dual in the sense that one can be from the cultural area he was born in addition to that which his father is from. And if three successive generations are born in a place,they "lose" their father's place of origin.
Moreover, measures would be in place to ensure that people in a cultural area learn the dialect in addition to that of standard Igbo.

Your ideas are hereby presented to the general house! cheesy
For the record brother, the stated idea has been that Biafra will be structured into "clan" administrative areas (LGAs if you like), so the fear of being totally emasculated politically shouldn't materialize. But we must take deliberate steps to de-emphasize our differences and encourage "sameness and oneness" in Biafra. Division is always a primordial but dangerous slippery slope. Once we overemphasize the differences of the clans by discouraging persons not born there from contesting elections, then, it means that we have recreated Nigeria in Biafra. Next people would start noticing that they are not from the same "umunna"; then they next notice that they are not from same bloodline; then they notice that they are not from same mother!

The principal reason behind Nigeria's political (and hence national) failure is the division embedded in the Nigerian system; the division that denied Zik the leadership of the western region; the same that Ahmadu Bello used against non-Northerners particularly Igbo people.
Clans can accept new members irrespective of origin; what matters is that the person cares enough for that clan. A Ngwa person can be welcomed into the Nnewi clan provided that Nnewi people know him as a local person that helps to better their lives.
Remember that Jaja of Opobo was so adopted and made a king.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by BlackTechnology: 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
cheruv:

As a good student of history, the case of Joseon(1392-1910) was very pathetic I must say.it was subject to its neighbors,preferring to live in "peace" than stand up as equals just as Goguryeo had stood up to the various Chinese dynasties that confronted it.

Pertaining arewaoduanistan and kamerun,I'd suggest that in the presence of a highly trained and mechanized army,there should be the formation of ring states serving as buffer between us and these countries.
On the Arewa side,
1]restoration of the Edo empire(comprising of Edo state, itsekiri and urhobo/isoko parts of Delta state, ebira parts of kogi state with the oba as emperor ruling with an elected prime minister
2]the Izon Confederacy comprising of the different ijaw kingdoms lying between the forcados and bonny rivers.This state would be structured on the UAE model with kingdoms within like kalabari, nembe, wakirike etc being independent but united in policies like currency and foreign affairs.
3]the igaladoma dukedom which would be a state uniting the igalas and idomas of old Benue state.the Ata' would be the duke with a chief minister ruling with him.the Igboid igalas of ibaji would of course be ceded to Igboland.

On the Eastern side,I'd suggest that after first concluding treaties of defense and friendship with Germany and France,a massive invasion of kamerun would be launched in concert with southern Cameroonian guerrillas(or ambazania as they call themselves) with the stated goal of an independent Ambazania. If the invasion force plan is modeled on the schliefen plan,Yaunde would be taken in weeks with biyya forced to surrender and sign up the independence of ambazania.
Once that's achieved, the whole Biafran lands East of Oyono(Cross) river would be ceded to Ambazania and the country strengthened by our diplomacy and economics.

This way,we'd gain defensive depth without the added nuisance of a plethora of ethnicities.
Igbo and Ibibio(the only ethnicities I'd want in Biafra) world population is about 50-70M,so mustering an army of 5-7M shouldn't be a problem.. And we can also augment by establishing Obia Legio Biafra(Biafran foreign legion).

Pls continue...

God bless you

Only if the OP has a good knowledge of Joseon history

cool
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 5:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
Curlieweed:

First of all, I will confess my biases here. I come from a gun loving culture where acquiring a gun was an important rite of passage for every adult male. I am of the opinion that we need guns in private hands not only to defend our nation from foreign invaders but also defend the citizenry from aspiring tyrants. The government should be afraid of the people.

My brother there is really no need for "the government to be afraid of the people"; our system won't allow anyone to sit too comfortably to start scheming evil. Japan remains my gold standard here. In Japan, the type of civility there is almost heavenly. The violent crime there is consistently among the least in the whole world, and the main reason is that people are not armed. Their politicians are changed like weather, so they don't have time to seek ways of becoming god. Even the just announced plans for a little tinker to their self imposed pacifism is getting fierce knocks from their own people. They've seen that horse before!
Japan is surrounded by very bitter and powerful enemies: China to the west, Russia to the North, North Korea to the north west, even SE asians hate Japan with bitterness. US protection apart, Japan can still defend herself. We should be able to create a political system (as I highlighted in the first page) that only attract the right people, and even if the wrong person gets there, s/she will be stopped by the political system in place.
And yes, like Japan, our would -be invaders won't dare.
Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by BlackTechnology: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Curlieweed:

God bless you

The reason there is no coup in US is because everyone is armed enough to thwart any coup

While Russia had military coup , US never had one

Therefore an armed nation reduces

1) Foreign oppression

2) Coup

3) Crimes

1 Like

Re: Biafra Will Be Totally Different From Nigeria. Here's How! by carnegiefan: 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
cheruv:

On the Arewa side,

Pls continue...
@First bold:
Bros, your ideas are MANY MANY YEARS ahead of Biafra's independence (if Biafra will ever attempt such). The French won't ever work with anybody to yank the French speaking part of Kamerun off the English speaking part. In fact, let's not even go there, else Biafra will never see the light of day.

@Second bold:
Yes, Biafran total fighting force (standing and reserve) should not be less than 8 million.

The rest of your ideas are very interesting and are hereby presented to the general house! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Seriake Dickson In His Farm With Faze, MC Okpeke, Ekwe / INEC Bars Douye Diri From Entering Its Headquarters / Senator Adamu Aliero Dumps APC, Decamps To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.