Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (114934 Views)

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ritchiee: 8:27am On Sep 12, 2015
Contd:Even with their OKIJA juju rituals,their five states are not up to only New Ibadan in development.Cannibals and ritualists all of them.
Igbos,it is not by OKIJA JUJU...even with your okija juju,you are still the documented CANNIBALS and COWARDS...GO AND ASK THE EFFEMINATE OJUKWU...yuk.

4 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by DLioness(f): 8:34am On Sep 12, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

The Igbo too claim to be a race even though they are only indigenous in Nigeria
Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language by ckc(m): 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2013
Do u know that Igbo language is one of the officially recognized ethnic languages in Equatorial Guinea? Thank me for updating u incase u dont already know!

http://www.peoplegroups.org/Explore/groupdetails.aspx?peid=13167

http://www.africatravelsguide.com/EquatorialGuinea.php

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0855611.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea
(Quote) (Report) 22 Likes (Like) (Share)
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by scholes0(m): 8:42am On Sep 12, 2015
LOOOOLL!!!
This thread was a great comic relief.... gave me good laughs throughout..... cheesy
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by judette(f): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2015
Na wa o...see bashing, choi
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by YonkijiSappo: 10:03am On Sep 12, 2015
ernecy:
I don't understand all this hatred against the igbo.

Are guys tell me that all my yoruba friends don't like me because am igbo.??

They love you grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by gnchetts: 10:05am On Sep 12, 2015
I don't see any special thing in Yoruba culture that is making u so so proud. Is it to lie down and greet someone that u render abuses at his back? Or to back a one day old baby, suffering an innocent baby that just visited in the name of culture? Or to support evil when u know the right thing just because the victim is ur tribe? Or to hate ur Neighbour only for the fact that he excels more than u? If there is any tribe I hate most in this world, it should be Yorubas. Ones u are not from there or speak their language, u authomatically becomes an outcast to them.
There is nothing worts imitating in their culture, so stop brabbing I beg of u.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Cuddlebugie(f): 10:07am On Sep 12, 2015
Man, the hate on this thread is astounding
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by YonkijiSappo: 10:08am On Sep 12, 2015
Ilekeh:
The only sets of people that practice igbo culture are Indonesia executors, Malaysian executors, Chinese executors, Indian prison, and sometimes Igbo people. Most times, Igbos practice Yoruba culture.

Yeeeeeee!! shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
My Stomach hurts so badly right now?!
I don laugh die oo..

You Nairaland people... Why are you like this na?

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by YonkijiSappo: 10:12am On Sep 12, 2015
steve308:
smh i thought their were rules and regulations before posting?pls ooo we are one oo forget tribes or triber marks

[size=14pt]My boss is a yoruba and am an igbo but he treats me like his brother[/size] all this one will not increase you guys bank account oo

Awwwww embarassed embarassed
God bless you both. smiley
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 12, 2015
Cuddlebugie:
Man, the hate on this thread is astounding

Ah! But this is nothing. You haven't been here long enough, I see. You'll get de-sensitised to it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by simdam500(m): 10:46am On Sep 12, 2015
WailingWailer00: Yellowbar people are frustrated children of hate

Hausa hates them

Igbo hates them

South South hates them

Very disgusting dirty bastards

Their babes pussycat dey draw like ewedu grin

Yes and we are chopping it wink

Wailer undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by simdam500(m): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2015
To God be the glory....

We are all human made by God smiley
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by gnchetts: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2015
Every Yoruba woman has a bucket that she used to pee inside her room even when she lives in a flat. All of them na culture to imitate. Very disgusting
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Cuddlebugie(f): 11:06am On Sep 12, 2015
Radoillo:

Ah! But this is nothing. You haven't been here long enough, I see. You'll get de-sensitised to it. smiley
You think? cheesy
I've been here since the early days of this forum...........
I just can't get over the Yoruba-igbo rivalry
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 12, 2015
Cuddlebugie:

You think? cheesy
I've been here since the early days of this forum...........
I just can't get over the Yoruba-igbo rivalry

It bothered me too...in the beginning. When I realised there was nothing anyone could do about it, I just stopped letting it bother me.

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Loool. They're pagans and dem afi burn for that shiit. grin

I'm not even gonna lie, that shiit always piss me off. I was reading the Ibadan thread the other day and the whole thing was just nauseating. If these folks weren't stuck on stupid attacking a city bigger than the whole of Biafraland all the time, with gazillion of Biafrans migrating there in droves - I don't think there will be need for folks to create unnecessary threads to defend Ibadan all the time.

A few weeks ago, I also saw a thread some guy created about the best cities in naij apart from Lagos and Abuja. This mofo cited Ibadan but of all the gazillion number of pics of Ibadan in world - the idiotic Biafran had to use the pics of brown roofs loool. These folks always look for trouble, but when you smack them back with the hand of God, they'll start crying foul everywhere, hence I don't give two fvcks about their emotions. They're the perpetual whiners of naij, anyway - so who cares? - they'll always cry regardless.

I'm out, big bredrin. Safe.
LMAO. I saw that thread. dude did that shytt on purpose too. looked for the delectable pictures of the south-east and then presented the worst of ibadan. these niggas is crazy. coconut headed ipob youths need to be slapped on sight. bro so you about to go get your owanbe on ? take pictures and post it on NL for the visual jollofment of the family wink

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Cuddlebugie(f): 11:46am On Sep 12, 2015
Radoillo:

It bothered me too...in the beginning. When I realised there was nothing anyone could do about it, I just stopped letting it bother me.
I just have to take a leaf out of Radoillo's book
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Hehehe, we are in different time zone friend grin
hmm,I understand
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Shymm3x: 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
sukkot:
LMAO. I saw that thread. dude did that shytt on purpose too. looked for the delectable pictures of the south-east and then presented the worst of ibadan. these niggas is crazy. coconut headed ipob youths need to be slapped on sight. bro so you about to go get your owanbe on ? take pictures and post it on NL for the visual jollofment of the family wink

Loooool. That is the typical Igbo for you: hateful, greedy, and conceited. Hence I always park my whip on threads like this one in e-lurking mode when the Yoruba e-warriors are e-smacking them for comic relief - just to laugh my arse off as I watch them cry, whine, and throw hissy fits. Heck, if you were to placate the Igbo...the Igbo will always whine and cry, so I don't care about their emotions. They are like that online and offline, and the average Igbo has an innate hate for the Yoruba.

Err, ever been to Igbo chic's yard out here and met the parents (esp. the dad)? Darn! Once they find out you're Yoruba, their body language will just change to the same reaction you will get when you meet a Ghanaian dad, or how naij parents act when you bring a Caribbean chic to the yard loool. That shiit always crack me up, regardless of how they always try to hide the shiit like a nyggah doesn't know wagwan loool.

You see how radio Biafra never preaches anything but hate and genocide - that's the inner inkling of the average Igbo towards the Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by tonychristopher: 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ilekeh:

The Oyotunju village was created in 1970. Do small research. Olodo.

Yoruba the pacesetter

Nwa enwe has spoken
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by forexbinary: 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
SILENCE EVERYWHERE!!!

angry angry angry

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Lushore1: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
Shymm3x:
Ilekeh

I'm home now - let me give you the information I talked about earlier, before I jump out and hit the streets.

The village isn't in Philly - it's in Miami and it's called: Osun Village. I believe the lawmakers in FL gave them a large expanse of land, for a cultural village about a decade ago and I'm sure the village is up and running now.

Then there's an annual Yoruba street festival/parade called, "Odunde Festival" in Philly.

odunde festival....

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Lushore1: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
more pictures of odunde festival......

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
Rexnegro:

Looool chai you go don provoke some people o
Hahaha, I warned them but they didn't listen.

Hahahaha.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by scholes0(m): 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
Beautiful Odunde festival..... smiley

The next step now is encouraging Afro-descendants worldwide to settle in Yorubaland (For those who want to)
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Lushore1: 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
scholes0:
Beautiful Odunde festival..... smiley

The next step now is encouraging Afro-descendants worldwide to settle in Yorubaland (For those who want to)

The potentials are all there in terms of tourism but we probaly need new set of politicians in southwest before this could happen.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Drabrah(m): 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2015
Oyinbo knorrr well..........

...........from day 1
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by vicadex07(m): 5:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
Brugge:

You people said we should create jobs for ourselves and stop waiting on government ( that is a discussion for another day) and I have created one for myself - to diffuse e-tribal war on NL. By prescribing proper remedy for those that seems to jump into a fight without provocation.

so if you are one of them my friend, you need to get laid ASAP for your own emotional and mental stability. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by sukkot: 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Loooool. That is the typical Igbo for you: hateful, greedy, and conceited. Hence I always park my whip on threads like this one in e-lurking mode when the Yoruba e-warriors are e-smacking them for comic relief - just to laugh my arse off as I watch them cry, whine, and throw hissy fits. Heck, if you were to placate the Igbo...the Igbo will always whine and cry, so I don't care about their emotions. They are like that online and offline, and the average Igbo has an innate hate for the Yoruba.

Err, ever been to Igbo chic's yard out here and met the parents (esp. the dad)? Darn! Once they find out you're Yoruba, their body language will just change to the same reaction you will get when you meet a Ghanaian dad, or how naij parents act when you bring a Caribbean chic to the yard loool. That shiit always crack me up, regardless of how they always try to hide the shiit like a nyggah doesn't know wagwan loool.

You see how radio Biafra never preaches anything but hate and genocide - that's the inner inkling of the average Igbo towards the Yoruba.

Yeah these biafrans cant get over the fact that benjamin adekunke kicked that biafran ass lmao. they still get cold shivers when they think of that gallant yoruba man. they think every yoruba is benjamin adekunle so they still hating. but hey, it is what it is. cant do nothing about it but to stay away from haters. its very healthy staying away from haters. no good thang can come out of tryna co-habit with haters wink

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by adexsimply(m): 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
Caracta:
I don't like divisions by tribe or race but if it must remain, I want nothing else but Yoruba.
Your head dey there jare cheesy
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ritchiee: 8:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
gnchetts:
Every Yoruba woman has a bucket that she used to pee inside her room even when she lives in a flat. All of them na culture to imitate. Very disgusting
igbos are the dirtiest in the world see....http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2015/02/20/female-inheritance-untold-story-of-the-igbo-woman/
ABA COMES TO MIND TOO....YUK
Excerpt:
In spite of this, the Igbo woman is expected to remain in her husband’s house no matter any maltreatment meted out on her by her spouse or family members because she, as a woman, does not have a place in her father’s house. This has often brought untold suffering to most Igbo women, especially the uneducated ones.
There have been cases where women end up begging in streets or spending the rest of their lives in strange lands because they cannot go back to their fathers’ houses after being sent away by their husbands’ families.
Most women are often subjected to the widowhood tradition where they are forced to drink the bath water of their husbands’ corpses especially when they die under mysterious circumstances. They are also forced to sleep with their husbands’ corpses on the same beds during the night of the wake-keep and afterwards swear before a village shrine to prove their innocence or otherwise.
Until recently that women are taking up career jobs and can actually live independently and acquire landed property, some Igbo women were marrying men that were far older than their age while some ended up as second or third wives, just to have a home.
Recounting her story, Madam Martha in Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra State, narrated how she was forced to leave her matrimonial home for giving birth to only female child.
Martha said that since she could not give her husband a male child after 18 years of marriage, he became hostile to her, beating her at every slight provocation, calling her names, and severally threatening to send her back to her family. Her words, “I was married to my husband for over 18 years and during these years I suffered molestation in the hands of my husband. My crime was my inability to give my husband a male child.....In some instances they would not have a bath for upwards of 6 months...yuk

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2015
Brugge:

You my friend you need to get laid asap before you loos your mind. grin
ok really this shlt is now very boring and stale.. can't u be creative?? are there no other phrases you could except this getting laid dry joke you've been copying and pasting? wtf undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Video Of Oluwo Of Iwo Rolling Weed Released By Chanel Chin, His Ex Wife / Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures / Kalabari People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.