Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,526 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (114995 Views)

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
i have been thinking some people are on the northern Nigeria payroll. dividing the south is the contract paid for? they always bring something that divides the south in favour of the north.

anyway I know, if the south is not used against itself, the north would have gone extinction.

I advice, them to stop mess...g camel.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by jaybee104(m): 10:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
vicadex07:

But they are kings and Queens ruling over a Kingdom of their own in the white mans land, something that your tribe will never be able to achieve in a thousand years to come

In the heirachy of Slaves the Yoruba presided over the others because of their high level of intelligence and sophistication and that is why their Language and ol cultures survived in those colonial countries up till date.

Igbo slaves however were third class slaves. They were used for the most demeaning and dehumanizing tasks because they were very good at manual labour that requires no intelligence just like we have in present day Nigeria, hence they had no opinion and their culture and sense of identity was completely balkanized.
Inteligence? Lol. Mr story teller
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
Lol u even have the time to go tru my profile grin grin this one is jobless full time, keep it up tho. The thing is am having fun replying stupid posts, its not hate i just dont take bs dude. Its also funny how u fail to see the post i reply to. U funny tho going tru all my posts grin
prettyboi1989:

dude i just went through ur profile n trust me u av serious hate and resentment in u. ur comments are full of hatefull comments lyk d people u insulting had a hand in d issues u av. so i guess u come to nairaland to let out ur hate on innocent users of the site. y nt find something else to pour out ur hate on cos no 1 will want to be friends or have good dealings with som1 who uses vile words n full of resentment.
in one of ur posts u said u were born in d 80's i thought wisdom comes with age? i guess it wasnt everyone it applied to.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by mayusguy(m): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
I see u begging for peace nw but honestly i had so much fun today, dont knw when i'd av d time to do dis again so just njoy it for nw. The truth is u aint close to the xperience av got but i wont stoop so low to brag dats one tin i dont do but if anyone insults me or my tribe, amo reply in double folds its just plain simple angry
bstringz:

Alright "Mr-am-free-today" continue being free and have a fun filled day typing nonsense.Mr brugge is right am just trying helplessly to douse deep hate in the heart of people like you.
Note:Am not supporting any sides, I could av talked to anyone. But the way u were calling people bastard was just uncalled for. The way u type and throw insults shows your level. And I hope you have promoted your "culture"
I always thought yoruba people as very respectful. But just one boys stupidity won't change my opinion. I hope that teaches one or two things on how not to generalise things.
I also hope you won't find your self in a situation where you wud need an Ibo man to help you. I haven't called you any names at least that tells you a bit of my level. Life experiences has thought me to be humble the best I can cos I know where God picked me from, I have learnt so much from people irrespective of Tribe.

You have seen some shops at Alaba yea?? If you know the amount of money that changes hands everyday there you would appreciate and learn hard work from the Ibo man as I have learnt respect from the yoruba man. Alaba is a major Commerce center in lagos.

Don't worry you would learn as you advance more in life.
I won't reply you after this.I hope you can either not reply for peace sake or reply like an educated fellow.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ritchiee: 10:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with your juju and rituals, you are still cowards
Vamp
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Caracta(f): 10:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
I don't like divisions by tribe or race but if it must remain, I want nothing else but Yoruba.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
Caracta:
I don't like divisions by tribe or race but if it must remain, I want nothing else but Yoruba.
Good choice.

4 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 10:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
YORUBA is a "RACE" not a "TRIBE"

Pls take Note

Lastly I hereby declare this thread free from the eastern earthworms any attempt to invade this beautiful thread is an attempt on Lagos Lagoon. I have seriously #LANDED
Looool chai you go don provoke some people o

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Pidggin(f): 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

What is fetish about your tradition? Igbos also have hoodoo but they're more brainwashed by western religion than Yorubas.

You sound like what we'd call a house ngger.

You should be typing in your language not using western grammer, when you fall sick go to your juju priest don't visit western hospitals, why learn western education when you can understudy your ifa priests? hypocrite.

Am outta this boring thread.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Shymm3x: 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ilekeh

I'm home now - let me give you the information I talked about earlier, before I jump out and hit the streets.

The village isn't in Philly - it's in Miami and it's called: Osun Village. I believe the lawmakers in FL gave them a large expanse of land, for a cultural village about a decade ago and I'm sure the village is up and running now.

Then there's an annual Yoruba street festival/parade called, "Odunde Festival" in Philly.

3 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 11:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
itsIYKE:
My only problem wit yoruba people is dat they smell.......nd they too dey fear....even their shaadow.......apart frm dis I like them
you see ur two problem re individual sometin so don't generalize it. Wat you mean now is dat all yoruba persons on earth dey smell and are afraid ? You get sense at all so ? So if one igbo person be thief that means all igbos re thieves abi? Come sef who open ur cage for you ehn

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
Shymm3x:
Ilekeh

I'm home now - let me give you the information I talked about earlier, before I jump out and hit the streets.

The village isn't in Philly - it's in Miami and it's called: Osun Village. I believe the lawmakers in FL gave them a large expanse of land, for a cultural village about a decade ago and I'm sure the village is up and running now.

Then there's an annual Yoruba street festival/parade called, "Odunde Festival" in Philly.

Nice. I'll tell my boss about this. He likes this kind of thing.

Thanks shymmex
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ilekeh(f): 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Pidggin:

You should be typing in your language not using western grammer, when you fall sick go to your juju priest don't visit western hospitals, why learn western education when you can understudy your ifa priests? hypocrite.

Am outta this boring thread.

Then how would you understand?
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Shymm3x: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
haha the brown roof thing. funny cuz all pictures of the east has brown roof too. seems like they like projecting their insecurities unto us. thats one skill i have noticed with the biafran mandem

Loool. They're pagans and dem afi burn for that shiit. grin

I'm not even gonna lie, that shiit always piss me off. I was reading the Ibadan thread the other day and the whole thing was just nauseating. If these folks weren't stuck on stupid attacking a city bigger than the whole of Biafraland all the time, with gazillion of Biafrans migrating there in droves - I don't think there will be need for folks to create unnecessary threads to defend Ibadan all the time.

A few weeks ago, I also saw a thread some guy created about the best cities in naij apart from Lagos and Abuja. This mofo cited Ibadan but of all the gazillion number of pics of Ibadan in world - the idiotic Biafran had to use the pics of brown roofs loool. These folks always look for trouble, but when you smack them back with the hand of God, they'll start crying foul everywhere, hence I don't give two fvcks about their emotions. They're the perpetual whiners of naij, anyway - so who cares? - they'll always cry regardless.

I'm out, big bredrin. Safe.

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
Pidggin:

Why does your tribe/race like fetish things. You can't see a group of people from your tribe without seeing sorcery or voodoo being practiced.
...and you fink your tribe is not more fetish abi?
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
WailingWailer00:
How
check d literacy statistics of Nigeria,u will know how.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by WailingWailer00(m): 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
dancok:
check d literacy statistics of Nigeria,u will know how.
You peeps use education to deceive yourselves
The Igbo people are also very well educated
Yellowbar people just like formulating things that are not there, that your useless statistics, who carried it out
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:01am On Sep 12, 2015
[/quote]
Ilekeh:
You people are still here? grin
Hahaha I tell ya
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by xtervaganza(m): 12:18am On Sep 12, 2015
anyone who has seen orange is d new black will see where Orisha was mentioned
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 12, 2015
WailingWailer00:

You peeps use education to deceive yourselves
The Igbo people are also very well educated
Yellowbar people just like formulating things that are not there, that your useless statistics, who carried it out
federal ministry of education will judge,google will find the data too.igbo is a business mo*ron ,hmm sorry baron,they are not educated.

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ManTiger(m): 1:30am On Sep 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

Igbo are your role model that I know

Igbo had something like that in Virginia like a decade

So why make Bose noisy
Just being sarcasm, no insult meant bro.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by WailingWailer00(m): 1:35am On Sep 12, 2015
dancok:
federal ministry of education will judge,google will find the data too.igbo is a business mo*ron ,hmm sorry baron,they are not educated.
Mehn, Bleep off, you know nothing
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by ManTiger(m): 1:36am On Sep 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Loool. They're pagans and dem afi burn for that shiit. grin

I'm not even gonna lie, that shiit always piss me off. I was reading the Ibadan thread the other day and the whole thing was just nauseating. If these folks weren't stuck on stupid attacking a city bigger than the whole of Biafraland all the time, with gazillion of Biafrans migrating there in droves - I don't think there will be need for folks to create unnecessary threads to defend Ibadan all the time.

A few weeks ago, I also saw a thread some guy created about the best cities in naij apart from Lagos and Abuja. This mofo cited Ibadan but of all the gazillion number of pics of Ibadan in world - the idiotic Biafran had to use the pics of brown roofs loool. These folks always look for trouble, but when you smack them back with the hand of God, they'll start crying foul everywhere, hence I don't give two fvcks about their emotions. They're the perpetual whiners of naij, anyway - so who cares? - they'll always cry regardless.

I'm out, big bredrin. Safe.
Why trying so hard to make a point and still can't? Do you know the meaning of ancient? Many of those buildings has been erected long before you're born and was classic around those period! So if all your point is centred on brown roof then you have no point. Oyo, Ibadan used to be a Mega city hence the reason for the brown roof.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 12, 2015
WailingWailer00:

Mehn, Bleep off, you know nothing
u still quote me by 1:35am,are u not sleeping like me,well,maybe u just bought that phone or laptop,huh.bye my ibo friend.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Princess4eva(f): 4:46am On Sep 12, 2015
truefact:
Fetish cowards. ..very diabolical set of people. ..ritualistics Scratchfaceds with coneheads. ...Always carrying outdated talking drums here and there...Even with their jujustic rituals, they are not any better than others, rather they even worse if I may say...is brown roofs development? Ritual-killers everywhere

Yorubas it is not by juju...Even with your juju and rituals, you are still cowards

Oh my! na so e pain u reach? Anyway it's allowed. E dey pepper u say we smart pass una. "Ara lo n ta won" Between us and una who sabi ritual pass? You better go and tend your biafra issues. Your biafran dreams wey don dey get "K" leg even before take off. For your information, we are not cowards. He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day- this proverb further shows you we are smarter. Take a cursory look at the political turf in Nigeria recently, see how you unwittily edged yourselves out. Whether you admit it or not, Yoruba ti goke odo kafara to ja. Na so e go dey be!

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by cc150615(f): 5:39am On Sep 12, 2015
truefact:

Another yabaleft escapee
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by WailingWailer00(m): 6:23am On Sep 12, 2015
dancok:
u still quote me by 1:35am,are u not sleeping like me,well,maybe u just bought that phone or laptop,huh.bye my ibo friend.
Hehehe, we are in different time zone friend grin
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Shymm3x: 7:11am On Sep 12, 2015
ManTiger:

Why trying so hard to make a point and still can't? Do you know the meaning of ancient? Many of those buildings has been erected long before you're born and was classic around those period! So if all your point is centred on brown roof then you have no point. Oyo, Ibadan used to be a Mega city hence the reason for the brown roof.

Or perhaps you have reading disability and comprehension isn't ya forte? Maybe acute glaucoma - who knows? Anyway, if you're blinkered to discern something written in plain English - I shall break it down for you by using an example that's somewhat similar.

See London is a tourist city, though it makes most of its revenue via banking. In the 50s and 60s they built loads of big council flats across London but as time went by and more and more black and Asian immigrants started arriving, due to how the system never catered to them - they turned those council estates into crime havens and shittholes. Thus making the crime capital if Europe. So recently, the government started urban renewal and gentrification to give the city a new and attract more investors and tourists. And most of the council flats were pulled down, for modern buildings and all the blacks and Asians occupying them before were either moved to other places in London or outside London - and the problematic ones either thrown in jail or deported back to their countries if they had a criminal past with lengthy spell as long as they were not born in the UK. Regardless of how young you were when you arrived in the UK, what legal papers you've got, or the gazillion of years you've here. Now all those places that used to have loads of council estates and are crime ridden are occupied by modern buildings with most white middle class with hipsters (hippies) and yuppies. That is the image of London they show everywhere. So imagine folks spamming places they're trying to showcase that new image of London - with the pictures of those old 50s and 60s council flats. Who would see that and want to visit the place or find it an attraction?

Now back to the pictures of brown roofs. We all know Ibadan has brown roofs and they represent the past. However, those ancient buildings have been badly mismanaged and they look like slums and also hazardous. I'm Yoruba and I love Yoruba history/culture but I don't find those buildings attractive at all. Heck, they don't represent anything to me due to how they have been mismanaged. Evidently, if I'm on a thread trying to see what Ibadan looks like - I don't want Igbo spamming pictures of brown roofs all over my face. I want to see the nice parts of Ibadan and all the great things Ibadan has to offer. Ditto any potential tourist/investor trying to see what Ibadan has to offer. The ancient nonsense doesn't cut it with me - just tell ya Igbotic folks to stop spamming everywhere with pictures of brown roofs.
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by otiigba1(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2015
Wow! 20 pages full of mind bogling hatreds between two tribes, yet nigerians claim they are RELIGIOUS calling Gods name every seconds, churches and pastors in every street corners.

Nigerians could not even obey one simple commandment in their so called Bible which says LOVE THY NEIGHBOR! So were is the LOVE?!

1 Like

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ribaman(m): 8:12am On Sep 12, 2015
truefact:

It didn't take long for the first Igbo tribal Mugu to swallow the bait put out by some of his fellow tribal mugus, from the Yoruba quarters.
So predictable!
Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by Ritchiee: 8:12am On Sep 12, 2015
truefact:

OKIJA fetish documented Cowards...very diabolical and cannibalistic set of confused and accursed people...ritualists...vampirefaced cannibals with demeaning fl.atheads.Always not having anything to show for their existence...zombies all of them...

2 Likes

Re: Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) by DLioness(f): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

The Igbo too claim to be a race even though they are only indigenous in Nigeria
Igbos too ar indigenous to equitorial guinea, gabon, cameroon, maryland and virginia etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Show Pictures Of Africas Art And Archaeological Treasures / Kalabari People! / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.