Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? (12879 Views)

Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Who Made Osinbajo A Professor At Unilag? / Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by SEFAGO(m): 11:41pm On Apr 22, 2011
http://www.cenbank.org/AboutCBN/TheBoard.asp?Name=Prof.+Chukwuma+C.+Soludo%2C+CFR&Biodata=soludo

Look at his page see how they are using professor so loosely. He is a professor just like Emeagwali is a PhD  grin.

Dr Soludo has been visiting scholar at the International Monetary Fund, the University of Cambridge, the Brookings Institution, the University of Warwick and the University of Oxford and a visiting professor at Swarthmore College (USA). He has also worked as a consultant for a number of international organizations, including The World Bank, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, and the United Nations Development Programme.

You are daft.

A visiting scholar is not a professor. Do you think I am Tpia or mama-gee Why do you wanna lie? So Soludo was a Professor at IMF? So Soludo was a Professor at the Brooking Insititute. Sounds quite absurd.

You are daft as a brick

I apologize to all the bricks for such an insult
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
"Professor Soludo had cumulative four years of post-doctoral training in some of the world's most prestigious institutions, including: The Brookings Institution, Washington, DC; University of Cambridge, UK, as Smuts Research Fellow and Fellow of the Wolfson College; the UN Economic Commission for Africa as a Post-Doctoral Fellow; University of Warwick as a Visiting scholar and Visiting Research Scholar at Center for African Economies, University of Oxford (with funding by the Rhodes committee). He also attended over a dozen specialized courses and has had extensive research, teaching and consultancy works in different areas of economics. "

I think SEFAGO was actually right there. . .

@ ekt_bear

ZnO is not Nchara. He's mekyuus/omongbati/environer etc. The plant science ph.d guy.  Look through his posts on his profile and you'll get the picture. Also, I'm pretty sure Nchara was not banned for anything. . .
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ZnO: 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

Ultimately, this is a dumb discussion and a waste of time

Dude, Nchara if you are in academia you know the rules, how the pecking order works (at least in the US.) I dunno why you are pretending as if you don't.

I do not care about the pecking order. I care that he is a professor. Whatever other adjective you wanna add (Full, Associate, Assistant, Adjunct, Visiting) is up to you. QED.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
Sefago kilo pa emi ati e po?

Watch your mouth plz.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by SEFAGO(m): 11:45pm On Apr 22, 2011

@ ekt_bear

ZnO is not Nchara. He's mekyuus/omongbati/environer etc. The plant science ph.d guy.  I'm pretty sure Nchara was not banned for anything. . .

Seems you are not current mate, one of the moderators got pissed and told everyone that they are the one and the same. It was pretty obviious though. I interacted with both and they both got their PhDs in Europe it was not too difficult to put two and two together. I think the guy had two laptops or a desk top and a laptop maybe and so could multitask with both. Or at the minimum used two browsers.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by SEFAGO(m): 11:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
tpiah!:

Sefago kilo pa emi ati e po?

Watch your mouth plz.

Ife kiss

Post your picture while you are at it. I heard you are a stunna in terms of looks grin
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ektbear: 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2011
Not being a professor doesn't make you evil or inferior, man. David Shaw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_E._Shaw) is no more a professor. . . he is now purely in industry. But it doesn't mean he is less of a person now. Dude is rich as fvck.

Unless you are a professor at an elite school, or one of the best in your field at something, being a professor isn't even that big a deal. Is being a Professor at the University of Northeastern Idaho (for example, I dunno if this university even exists) really that big a deal?

I'd much rather be a medical doctor or lawyer somewhere than that.

Anyway, don't weep for Soludo. . . he is probably making a ton of money somewhere. Probably if you weep for him he'll give you some dollar bills to wipe away your tears grin grin grin
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2011
SEFAGO:

Seems you are not current mate, one of the moderators got pissed and told everyone that they are the one and the same. It was pretty obviious though. I interacted with both and they both got their PhDs in Europe it was not too difficult to put two and two together. I think the guy had two laptops or a desk top and a laptop maybe and so could multitask with both. Or at the minimum used two browsers.

Ok, my bad. And yeah I guess I'm not current. That's a funny situation  grin grin

My mistake about the false correction ekt_bear.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ZnO: 11:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
http://goodwaysnigeria.com/?p=642

He has been trained and involved in research, teaching and auditing in such disciplines as the multi-country macro econometric modeling, techniques of computable general equilibrium modeling, survey methodology and panel data econometrics, among others. Soludo studied and taught these courses at many Universities, including Oxford, Cambridge and Warwick. He has co-authored, co-edited and authored about ten books on this subject matter.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ektbear: 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2011
I'm so tempted to do a short two month postdoc when I finish, but convince them to call it "Visiting Assistant Professor."

That way I can use the title for the rest of my life in naija  tongue

Anyway, let me leave it be. Probably people will interpret this as being some sort of anti-Igbo gangup, rather than correcting facts
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ZnO: 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2011
In 1998 Soludo was appointed to the position of professor of economics at the University of Nigeria; the next year he became a visiting professor at Swarthmore College in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, US.

Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by SEFAGO(m): 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2011
Not being a professor doesn't make you evil or inferior, man. David Shaw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_E._Shaw) is no more a professor. . . he is now purely in industry. But it doesn't mean he is less of a person now. Dude is rich as fvck.

You must be a genius to get a job at DE Shaw though. They pay you as much as $300-400,000 if you are like a super super star with numbers.

ekt_bear:

I'm so tempted to do a short two month postdoc when I finish, but convince them to call it "Visiting Assistant Professor."

That way I can use the title for the rest of my life in naija  tongue

Anyway, let me leave it be. Probably people will interpret this as being some sort of anti-Igbo gangup, rather than correcting facts

Haha trust me you dont need to do that. Just teach one semester class at a community college and you are golden. Nigerians love titles and paper qualifications no be small.

Its the truth though, it has no ethnic connections. Its a cvery common phenomenon in Nigeria and is not limited to one group. Padding your resume.

And people say we are not similar in culture  grin
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2011
Sefago

i find your attention unwarranted, annoying and unsolicited.

Kindly desist from addressing me, thanks.

And stick the patronizing up your
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 23, 2011
zn already did that.
also claims to be more "QUALIFIED AND superior"to me.
called me a monkey too. Funny how  these OMATA chaps think .they go to uni and suddenly no one else has been there,
for your info sir[b] i got  a PhD at 26 and i was not even the fourth in my family[/b].
does not make you smarter .
so go into walmart buy some tissue and wipe your okoro ass properly because i don't like what i'm smelling.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by SEFAGO(m): 12:00am On Apr 23, 2011
tpiah!:

Sefago

i find your attention unwarranted, annoying and unsolicited.

Kindly desist from addressing me, thanks.

And stick the patronizing up your

I love you too. Your love dey make my head go kolomental

ZnO:

In 1998 Soludo was appointed to the position of professor of economics at the University of Nigeria; the next year he became a visiting professor at Swarthmore College in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, US.

Dude, we have already established he isnt a professor. Man go and watch TV or something more interesting.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ZnO: 12:01am On Apr 23, 2011
SEFAGO:

I love you too. Your love dey make my head go kolomental

Due, we have already established he isnt a professor. Man go and watch TV or something more interesting.

Who are the we? So the UNN is no longer worthy to award a professorship, right?
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by SEFAGO(m): 12:05am On Apr 23, 2011
ZnO:

Who are the we? So the UNN is no longer worthy to award a professorship, right?

UNN is s/h/i/t, Unilag, UI and OAU is where its at.

I can use the certificates at UNN to clean my yansh

PS: He no longer occupies a professorship at UNN. Why are you stubborn? Kai u stubborn no be small sha
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 23, 2011
what
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 23, 2011
about w.soyinka does he have a chair anywhere
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ZnO: 12:07am On Apr 23, 2011
SEFAGO:

PS: He no longer occupies a professorship at UNN. Why are you stubborn? Kai u stubborn no be small sha

And I just informed you that he was visiting as a Visiting Professor (actual description of his ID card) just weeks ago?
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ektbear: 12:11am On Apr 23, 2011
Sefago, leave this thread, find something better to do with your time

aint worth it bro!
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by SEFAGO(m): 12:15am On Apr 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Sefago, leave this thread, find something better to do with your time

aint worth it bro!

I know but I like playing with ZnO

Watch this comedy show- the chick is nigerian and funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2it7M9r7eg
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 23, 2011
Dr Soludo is a Visiting professor at an undisclosed university
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ZnO: 12:19am On Apr 23, 2011
iwonbaoko:

Dr Soludo is a Visiting professor at an undisclosed university
Undisclosed because of my own identity (I am very visible in my university website). However, you are free to find the information yourself. Thanks
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ektbear: 12:24am On Apr 23, 2011
SEFAGO:

I know but I like playing with ZnO

Watch this comedy show- the chick is nigerian and funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2it7M9r7eg

She is kind of funny, lol. I'm surprised, I usually never like british comedians
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ektbear: 12:29am On Apr 23, 2011
The boat comment and shot at naija airlines made me feel very uncomfortable though
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 23, 2011
yea
self deprecating.hate the fact all these black comedians have to use their colour or expain/justify themselves
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by SEFAGO(m): 12:35am On Apr 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

The boat comment and shot at naija airlines made me feel very uncomfortable though

Haha, me too though. I always hate it when black comedians make the boat comment or coming to a country on a boat due to its strong historical connotations with "slavery"- thats probably why you felt uncomfortable.

Well a comedians stock in trade is satire and exaggeration. Like comedians make fun of stereotypes and make them so absurd that sometimes people just step back and think "wow the stereotypes are absurd." So on the otherhand comedians do have some social good at least at mocking silly stereotypes. Obviously her mum did not arrive on a boat  grin

Anyways the main point was the policeman and the deadbody

Nigerians see the obvious but refuse to acknowledge it. So you gotta play with them grin

Just like my iyawo Madam Tpia and ZnO
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ektbear: 12:51am On Apr 23, 2011
It started off good, but then ended poorly. Bleh

Some of those jokes hit too close to home, lol

I don't like nigeria and nigerians being mocked
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by SEFAGO(m): 12:55am On Apr 23, 2011
Come on its just humor grin

Russell peters makes fun of Indians all the time. Indians dont get mad. Its good to laugh at yourself once in a while. There is really nothing wrong with it. Its funny that you had no trouble with the fact that she made fun of the US.

Seems you are more Nigerian than I thought. Well you just moved one step from being an americana to omonaija
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by ektbear: 12:58am On Apr 23, 2011
Man, there is a way to do it right that doesn't come off as an backside

She came of as an backside

AA humor is very self-deprecating, crack baby this, crack addict that. But somehow it feels less "cutting." You know?

I didn't like her particular style.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 23, 2011
nothing wrong if its a REAL nigerian doing the mocking and the world are not looking?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. / Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm / Presidential Tribunal : My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian- Pdp’s Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.