Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident (43717 Views)

Kate Henshaw Shares 1996 Throwback Photo / Bbnaija: Leave My Life Alone, Angry Nina Lambasts Nigerians / Kate Henshaw & Emeka Ossai 1992 Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 12, 2015
When there a fire broke out in the home of the beautiful Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw, many sympathized with the actress. However, the owner of the building has now blamed her for causing the fire.

Naij.com previously reported that that fire gutted Kate’s house located at Ojibo Adjaro Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, at about 3pm on Thursday, June 25, while the actress was away working on the set of ‘Do Good’.

The fire was caused by a power surge occasioned by the restoration of electricity by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

So bad was the fire that Henshaw was said to have lost some of her valuables and could salvage little of her property. Two days after the incident, Henshaw packed out her belongings from the house and she never looked back.

While many had believed that the property belonged to the actress, it has been discovered otherwise, as the house is said to belong to an 85-year-old pensioner who supports himself in old age with the rent from the house.

According to playgroundtv.net, a source close to the elderly landlord said: “You see, it was because of her negligence that the fire started in the first instance. She left her air conditioner on, when she knew she was going out of the house. So, when the power supply was restored in the vicinity, a power surge occurred in her apartment and the fire started. The problem now is that after she evacuated her belongings, she just gave the keys to the gate man and walked away.”

Kate is now said to have got a place somewhere in Oniru estate.

https://www.naij.com/547001-kate-henshaws-85-year-old-landlord-lambasts-fire-incident.html
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Sommyangel(f): 1:16am On Sep 12, 2015
Was she supposed to pay for the damages?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 12, 2015
Most of these Nigerian celebrities are over-hyped. They are not that rich as we think. Of course she should pay for the damage if she actually caused the fire. Please I want comments. Thanks

104 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 12, 2015
She didn't take the right step if that is the true story. 85 years old pensioner @ that! Haba Madam Kate, you no try O!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by nikkiking(m): 1:43am On Sep 12, 2015
Let be realistic...... she ain't supposed to skid off like that, and again it could be that she was angry over the incident...... turns out it's a clear case of negligence.

She does own the landlord an apology undecided if she can't pay for the damages!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 12, 2015
All these fake posters in this nairaland that always try to high and hype the status of Nigerian celebrities, I think is right time you stop it.. Kate Henshaw bought house in VGC, or Lekki Phase 2, Genevieve bought latest Range, built house in Omole Estate, Halima Abubakar built house for her parents in Ajao estate, Aki and Pawpaw built mighty hotel in Ejemekwuru, or in Ikperedi Orlu, Kcee without an album bought Ikoyi crib, I tire for una

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by menix(m): 2:32am On Sep 12, 2015
If the story is fair, kate did not behave as someone who intends to build her own house.
Well dey say Karma is a biatch.
Papa jst over look her attitude, try sourcing funds to fix ur apartment.

22 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by pretydiva(f): 6:07am On Sep 12, 2015
Kate didn't do d right thing if dis report is tru. She should apologize 2 d landlord n try 2 pay some amount 2 fix d damage house

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 12, 2015
Till we know how true this report is
A journalist in the making like me should lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Came: 6:41am On Sep 12, 2015
I been think say na Kate personal house ooooo !!!

11 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Afrok(m): 6:49am On Sep 12, 2015
I was only interested in one thing and I saw it LANDLORD shocked. May God forgive these celebrities, in fact the DEVIL will report most of dem to SATAN , saying I AIN'T FAKE LIKE THESE CELEBRITIES MEHN cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by hedonistic: 7:23am On Sep 12, 2015
ayodele234:
Of course she should pay for the damage if she actually caused the fire. Please I want comments. Thanks

What do you mean by "if she actually caused the fire"? Is she PHCN that supplied unregulated current, thereby causing power surge?

There is nothing like negligence here. If I decide to leave my appliances on, na me go pay the electricity bills. Blame the gaddem power company for supplying overcurrent or even the owner of the house for using substandard wiring cables.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 12, 2015
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by abbeyty(m): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2015
That is why nigerians should start taking insurance seriously. There wouldn't be need for this if the house was insured

7 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 12, 2015
If she felt she wasn't at fault,she should have called or located the landlord,to give him his keys..... She ought to be dragged to court for damages

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by SylarsMcQuins: 8:01am On Sep 12, 2015
Who is Kate Henshaw?
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by nollyway(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2015
[size=35pt]TOO BAD!! embarassed embarassed[/size]
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by candidbabe(f): 8:02am On Sep 12, 2015
Celebrities living fake lives since the time immemorial.

7 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by dridowu: 8:02am On Sep 12, 2015
So she is not the owner ?

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by MMotimo: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2015
I thought they said the house belonged to her? Now there's a landlord in the picture?

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2015
Wetin now concern us about her lanlord even sending her packing
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by ladyF(f): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2015
Oh my...I feel for the pensioner tho

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by loomer: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2015
INSURANCE o

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2015
ayodele234:
When there a fire broke out in the home of the beautiful Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw, many sympathized with the actress. However, the owner of the building has now blamed her for causing the fire.

Naij.com previously reported that that fire gutted Kate’s house located at Ojibo Adjaro Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, at about 3pm on Thursday, June 25, while the actress was away working on the set of ‘Do Good’.

The fire was caused by a power surge occasioned by the restoration of electricity by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

So bad was the fire that Henshaw was said to have lost some of her valuables and could salvage little of her property. Two days after the incident, Henshaw packed out her belongings from the house and she never looked back.

While many had believed that the property belonged to the actress, it has been discovered otherwise, as the house is said to belong to an 85-year-old pensioner who supports himself in old age with the rent from the house.

According to playgroundtv.net, a source close to the elderly landlord said: “You see, it was because of her negligence that the fire started in the first instance. She left her air conditioner on, when she knew she was going out of the house. So, when the power supply was restored in the vicinity, a power surge occurred in her apartment and the fire started. The problem now is that after she evacuated her belongings, she just gave the keys to the gate man and walked away.”

Kate is now said to have got a place somewhere in Oniru estate.

https://www.naij.com/547001-kate-henshaws-85-year-old-landlord-lambasts-fire-incident.html

NL r the most brainwashed people in Nigeria. I said it that day that Kate henshaw can not afford that house.
70% OF HOUSES AND CARS POSTED BY THE SO CALLED CELEBRITIES DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM. Imagine Bruno can not afford 3m for treatment, prince james uche, pete eneh. even enebelli died cos of lack money to treat him.

ALL THOSE G WAGON AND HOUSES BY INI EDO, GENEVIEVE AND CO IS ACHIEVED THRU PRO5TITUTION NOT ACTING.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2015
Na dem sabi
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by bigx(m): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2015
Give me money over fame anytime.

Fame is a burden without money

6 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by NinaArsenal(f): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by prettytasha(f): 8:08am On Sep 12, 2015
wait o kate henshaw is still a tennant , upon all the money she made from movies and nigeria got talent , she cant buy a house ..hmm

11 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by niggi4life(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2015
Came:
I been think say na Kate personal house ooooo !!!
how e go be her personal house and she come back comot?
U sef reason am na

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by joseph1832(m): 8:10am On Sep 12, 2015
Sommyangel:
Was she supposed to pay for the damages?
If she had switched off all her electrical appliances will the fire have started in the first place?.

PDPwayoo:

NL r the most brainwashed people in Nigeria. I said it that day that Kate henshaw can not afford that house.
70% OF HOUSES AND CARS POSTED BY THE SO CALLED CELEBRITIES DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM. Imagine Bruno can not afford 3m for treatment, prince james uche, pete eneh. even enebelli died cos of lack money to treat him.

ALL THOSE G WAGON AND HOUSES BY INI EDO, GENEVIEVE AND CO IS ACHIEVED THRU PRO5TITUTION NOT ACTING.
Bros you harsh oh!.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mide Martins Head On Mercy-Aigbe’s Husband’s Arm During Birthday Dinner (Pic) / Adekunle Gold Drawing His Award In His House (Pics &Vid ) / Chinedu Ikedieze 'Aki' Celebrates His 44th Birthday With Cute Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.