Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,003 members, 7,835,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident (43741 Views)

Kate Henshaw Shares 1996 Throwback Photo / Bbnaija: Leave My Life Alone, Angry Nina Lambasts Nigerians / Kate Henshaw & Emeka Ossai 1992 Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2015
She ain't a home-owner? undecided undecided
Simple fire and burglary insurance cover would have taken care of this....
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by MurphyG1(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2015
The quality of power supply in Nigeria is poor and that is why it is accompanied by surges.

For this reason, it is very essential to switch of air conditioners when they are not in use or when you are not close by to monitor what happens to them. Afterall it takes less than 5 minutes for the compressor to pick and start cooling.

Secondly, every home should have fire extinguishers to avert any fire accident. This is much more important when you have ACs at home.

Lastly, NEVER leave your house without checking if your ACs have been switched off. Its called safety precaution. The same way you should not go to bed with the Main Entrance door open! You can leave a note on the exit door handle that says something like "Are all the ACs in the house switched off? Lock if YES".

Safety First!

3 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by goryorhal(m): 9:28am On Sep 12, 2015
niggi4life:
in as much as i blame her a lil bit for leaving her gadgets on, majority of people living abroad do these often, infact 99% of them, their freezers, fridges are always on.
By the way, we pay extra money when we rent houses in Lagos and its called Caution fee or some call it Damages fee!!!! Its also non refundable, make d landlord use the money take fix the damages na, abi im don chop am finish abi?

No b your fault bro .. Pray make you self buy one land for your village make you know how easy it's to build ..
Na how much b the damage fee wey you dey pay ? You know how much the old man go use repair the whole damages ? You dey talk as if say you don make up your mind to die as a tenant .
No worry you go know how e b for body when you wake up and hear say your tenant don burn your house ..
Good day

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by goryorhal(m): 9:29am On Sep 12, 2015
Sommyangel:
Was she supposed to pay for the damages?

Smh ... No she wasn't ... Na me make I pay ?
See questions .. undecided
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Hope15: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2015
All these na because she never sue the "landlord" for loss of valuable properties due to his carelessness and use of inferior materials ab-initio.

Even if she were at home the fire would have occurred with the surge; imagine her sleeping with the AC ON, while PHCH took and restored the light.

Free the lady joor!

5 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 12, 2015
Adminisher:

This ####ing story is about an 85 year old landlord who lose property and only source of income was damaged. Please leave your inferiority complex about Nigerian celebrities out of it.

Obviously you don't want to learn and in time you will be disgraced. Imagine after all these years of acting she is still renting an apartment!
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by morbeta(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2015
I know Timaya is a. Tenant in lekki but some weeks back he posted some pics claiming he built a mansion. So Kate's am not surprised. A lot of them are over hyped but you got to knw the truth when eventually they have little challenge. D Banj is a tenant aswell.

7 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by morbeta(m): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2015
I know Timaya is a Tenant in lekki but some weeks back he posted some pics claiming he built a mansion. So Kate's am not surprised. A lot of them are over hyped but you got to knw the truth when eventually they have little challenge. D Banj is a tenant aswell.
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by mitnick(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2015
After going through the post and comments I see that Nigerians have a long way to go in terms of Insurance and suing. My opinion is that Kate should have contacted the Landlord, the Landlord will contact his Lawyer for insurance and Insurance will sue The DISCO. What happened isn't Kate's fault. There is nothing like negligence I can decide to switch on all electricity appliance at home (although safer to switch off) as long as I pay my bills. What if she was at home at the voltage was too high would she run to pour water or call an electrician?? I think The DISCO should be responsible. if dey don't do anything the Landlord should go to NERC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by charlesbailey(m): 10:07am On Sep 12, 2015
estate agents ask for damages payment when you want to rent a house/apartment..if she paid for damages from onset,she doesnt have to pay shiit
ayodele234:
Most of these Nigerian celebrities are over-hyped. They are not that rich as we think. Of course she should pay for the damage if she actually caused the fire. Please I want comments. Thanks
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by TheHeGoat: 10:23am On Sep 12, 2015
nollyway:
[size=35pt]TOO BAD!! embarassed embarassed[/size]
Are you mad?!! angry angry
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Imokha(m): 10:27am On Sep 12, 2015
ayodele234:
When there a fire broke out in the home of the beautiful Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw, many sympathized with the actress. However, the owner of the building has now blamed her for causing the fire.

Naij.com previously reported that that fire gutted Kate’s house located at Ojibo Adjaro Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, at about 3pm on Thursday, June 25, while the actress was away working on the set of ‘Do Good’.

The fire was caused by a power surge occasioned by the restoration of electricity by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

So bad was the fire that Henshaw was said to have lost some of her valuables and could salvage little of her property. Two days after the incident, Henshaw packed out her belongings from the house and she never looked back.

While many had believed that the property belonged to the actress, it has been discovered otherwise, as the house is said to belong to an 85-year-old pensioner who supports himself in old age with the rent from the house.

According to playgroundtv.net, a source close to the elderly landlord said: “You see, it was because of her negligence that the fire started in the first instance. She left her air conditioner on, when she knew she was going out of the house. So, when the power supply was restored in the vicinity, a power surge occurred in her apartment and the fire started. The problem now is that after she evacuated her belongings, she just gave the keys to the gate man and walked away.”

Kate is now said to have got a place somewhere in Oniru estate.

https://www.naij.com/547001-kate-henshaws-85-year-old-landlord-lambasts-fire-incident.html
why do celebs live fake life,I remember kate was rated as one of the rich female celebs sometime ago,and most times they claim ownership of their rented beautiful buildings misleading the young nigerian youths making them believe rome was built in a day...na wao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by vivypretty(f): 10:27am On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=hedonistic post=37926217]

What do you mean by "if she actually caused the fire"? Is she PHCN that supplied unregulated current, thereby causing power surge?

There is nothing like negligence here. If I decide to leave my appliances on, na me go pay the electricity bills. Blame the gaddem power company for supplying overcurrent or even the owner of the house for using substandard wiring cables. [/quote

when ever we are travelling and are going to stay for long we never forget to off our control switch and everyother appliances that will cause damage to the house or our neighbors

ur neighbor in law is anybody ur actions will affect

negligence is an incident that occured as a result of one's carelessness

since she knew she was going to be away on a movie set which will take sometime,y didnt she off her gadget .any reasonable person could have forseen the danger of leaving them on.
And we both know phcn has never been predictable.

She had a gateman is he not allowed in the main house
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Keegan: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2015
PDPwayoo:

NL r the most brainwashed people in Nigeria. I said it that day that Kate henshaw can not afford that house.
70% OF HOUSES AND CARS POSTED BY THE SO CALLED CELEBRITIES DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM. Imagine Bruno can not afford 3m for treatment, prince james uche, pete eneh. even enebelli died cos of lack money to treat him.

ALL THOSE G WAGON AND HOUSES BY INI EDO, GENEVIEVE AND CO IS ACHIEVED THRU PRO5TITUTION NOT ACTING.

Why contradicting yourself, don't you know that prostituting is a form of acting?
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 12, 2015
Keegan:

Why contradicting yourself, don't you know that prostituting is a form of acting?

...It doesn't matter how long they sell their bodies, 1 billion naira is way off. Can we now concentrate on the topic?
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 12, 2015
Keegan:

U wicked oooo.
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by brosprophet(m): 11:01am On Sep 12, 2015
Nigerians are the cause of this stigma.. Nigerians + piracy=actresses+impeccunious.
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by MurderX: 11:01am On Sep 12, 2015
She is not wrong, the lawyers and insurance company should handle damages and compensation. Paying a dime to the Landlord could implicate her and mean acknowledging complicity in the incident. Also she must have left her rent balance with him. I dont see any wrong in her actions.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by hedonistic: 11:04am On Sep 12, 2015
castiello:

I was forced to login and talk sense into your dumb skull, so the best way to use appliances is to leave it on abi? Ode!! Even in the develop world when you are not around you off your electric source for safety, nigerians do things anyhow Kate was faulty on this one with her level of education I don't know she can be this dumb, if na house help do this mistake now na to put he or she for prison, most nairalander are just reasoning with there foot.

Illiterate, find an educated person around you (if any) to explain what I am about to lecture you on...

The key thing is that Kate did not cause the fire. Her appliance (the AC) did not directly cause the fire. What caused the fire was a power surge, which is entirely the fault of the power company...

Even a rookie lawyer would not waste his time charging Kate to court for negligence because it is absolutely not the case. Let the landlord direct his grievances at the power company. We cannot allow sentiments get the better of our rationality. In civilised climes, we would be talking about pressing charges against the power company. Not this rubbish talk about not turning off one's AC.

Negligence means that one's own actions or in actions were responsible for something. For instance, if I leave my house in the morning without turning off my tap water in the kitchen, and then water overflows to flood the entire house and my neighbours house, then that is Negligence because my (in)action was DIRECTLY responsible.

Nigerians are fond of looking for a scapegoat to blame for everything. You should use your fucking brains sometimes. Primitive creatures.

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by hedonistic: 11:09am On Sep 12, 2015
mitnick:
After going through the post and comments I see that Nigerians have a long way to go in terms of Insurance and suing. My opinion is that Kate should have contacted the Landlord, the Landlord will contact his Lawyer for insurance and Insurance will sue The DISCO. What happened isn't Kate's fault. There is nothing like negligence I can decide to switch on all electricity appliance at home (although safer to switch off) as long as I pay my bills. What if she was at home at the voltage was too high would she run to pour water or call an electrician?? I think The DISCO should be responsible. if dey don't do anything the Landlord should go to NERC.

Thank you. Sometimes I feel very ashamed of my generation of Nigerians. Always baying for blood, looking for who to skin alive with their mob justice mentality. All noise, brawn, and no brain, no substance. You don't even need to be a lawyer to know that Kate is not culpable in any way. There is nothing like negligence in this case. It's just shameful how many supposedly educated Nigerians reason. Primitive buffoons.

3 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by mbulela: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2015
naija celebrities and forming.
so with all the razzmatazz, Kate Henshaw is still a tenant in Lekki?

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by hedonistic: 11:14am On Sep 12, 2015
Hope15:
All these na because she never sue the "landlord" for loss of valuable properties due to his carelessness and use of inferior materials ab-initio.

Even if she were at home the fire would have occurred with the surge; imagine her sleeping with the AC ON, while PHCH took and restored the light.

Free the lady joor!
Thank you very much. It is always heartwarming to find someone here who is knowledgeable and rational.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by RedCard1(m): 11:15am On Sep 12, 2015
I thought they said she is the richest nollywood woman.

Fowl yansh don open, alarm don blow.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2015
Imokha:
why do celebs live fake life,I remember kate was rated as one of the rich female celebs sometime ago,and most times they claim ownership of their rented beautiful buildings misleading the young nigerian youths making them believe rome was built in a day...na wao

My guy dey are doing all those rubbish to intimidate average Nigerians so that when you see them, you will admire and envy them, whereas you rich pass them, you live a comfortable life more than them, you have a house of your own and they DON'T!. The female ones you see driving Range Rover rogue and G-Wagons are serious ashawo to our politicians and white men overseas. You see them in Dubai, Maimi, Europe, claiming they went to relax whereas na strong ashawo hustle dem go do with top shots. I know of one Tompolo dey fvck steady and another popular one Ayiri Billionaire dey bang also. Nigeria Celebs as they call them are a Disgrace and if you watch closely, that's the life style an average Nigerian gal of 16-30yrs are now living, so many hoes. Kate even good sef unlike so many.

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by ismailaoladayo: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
I thought they were saying the house belong to her? So these actor/actress are just living fake life? No wonder she removed her belongings and left the house, She should go and repairs what she damaged in that house if she pray to build house in her life.
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by klax(m): 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
Anyway nice one but wait a minute was this same Henshaw not among one of them that one goats came here and started she worth this she worth that and droped some useless list of what some of this so called village actress worth I said it then that majority of them posing here with house with a blue tile under small Lake in a comping called swimming poool were rented houses but many did not belief me. Now she worth millions as claimed and yet her landlord is 85 years old meaning her worth is useless. You worth this you worth that you have no bungalow or even *face me I face you* property of your own biko you are useless simple as that. Kate no offense because you are my babe but wake up acting is not forever.
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Atlantian: 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
So she is a tenant....
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by abbeyty(m): 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
Drdreluv:
Yes ooooo there will not listen to u if u are intrested in taking insurance for your building cars bus ships areoplane pm me pls

You better insure your left ball first
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Esetim(f): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
But if she was in the house, wont the AC be on? Wont there be power surge? Wont there be a fire?
What would she have done to prevent it?

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Enoquin(f): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
Is there anything wrong in her being a tenant? She doesn't even earn a quarter of what her contemporaries in hollywood are earning comparatively and yet most of them live in rented/mortgaged or leased apartments.

Two politicians I came in contact with here in Akwa Ibom lived in rented houses till they built theirs. The ones that lived in their houses are those whose fathers left behind wealth or had more than one houses through their good business foresights then.

Or do all the politicians in Abuja live in their own houses?

As long as you can pay your bills, I don't think anyone ought to wail about your choice of either being a tenant or house owner.

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by sonnie10: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
hedonistic:

What do you mean by "if she actually caused the fire"? Is she PHCN that supplied unregulated current, thereby causing power surge?

There is nothing like negligence here. If I decide to leave my appliances on, na me go pay the electricity bills. Blame the gaddem power company for supplying overcurrent or even the owner of the house for using substandard wiring cables.

You are very correct. I am so pissed by people's reasoning here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Temi Otedola: Mr Eazi Was Rude To Me When We First Met (Video) / Mercy Johnson & Family In Beautiful New Photos / Adekunle Gold Drawing His Award In His House (Pics &Vid )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.