Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident (43739 Views)

Kate Henshaw Shares 1996 Throwback Photo / Bbnaija: Leave My Life Alone, Angry Nina Lambasts Nigerians / Kate Henshaw & Emeka Ossai 1992 Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by kennyddonn(m): 8:10am On Sep 12, 2015
h
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Beremx(f): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2015
hedonistic:

What do you mean by "if she actually caused the fire"? Is she PHCN that supplied unregulated current, thereby causing power surge?

There is nothing like negligence here. If I decide to leave my appliances on, na me go pay the electricity bills. Blame the gaddem power company for supplying overcurrent or even the owner of the house for using substandard wiring cables.
stop talking like a .... It has always been adviced to switch off all electric appliances when leaving the house except you have a stabilizer. She didn't switch off her AC which was wrong. Stop supporting bad thing.

8 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by 9japride(m): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2015
If what d landlord said was true, then Kate no try at all. But every Sunday them say they won go church.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by candidbabe(f): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2015
PDPwayoo:

NL r the most brainwashed people in Nigeria. I said it that day that Kate henshaw can not afford that house.
70% OF HOUSES AND CARS POSTED BY THE SO CALLED CELEBRITIES DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM. Imagine Bruno can not afford 3m for treatment, prince james uche, pete eneh. even enebelli died cos of lack money to treat him.

ALL THOSE G WAGON AND HOUSES BY INI EDO, GENEVIEVE AND CO IS ACHIEVED THRU PRO5TITUTION NOT ACTING.
True talk

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by jeff1607(m): 8:12am On Sep 12, 2015
If it's true,i guess she is still a tenant
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by niggi4life(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
joseph1832:
If she had switched off all her electrical appliances will the fire have started in the first place?.
in as much as i blame her a lil bit for leaving her gadgets on, majority of people living abroad do these often, infact 99% of them, their freezers, fridges are always on.
By the way, we pay extra money when we rent houses in Lagos and its called Caution fee or some call it Damages fee!!!! Its also non refundable, make d landlord use the money take fix the damages na, abi im don chop am finish abi?

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 12, 2015
Sommyangel:
Was she supposed to pay for the damages?
Yes ma. Negligence!
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2015
PDPwayoo:

NL r the most brainwashed people in Nigeria. I said it that day that Kate henshaw can not afford that house.
70% OF HOUSES AND CARS POSTED BY THE SO CALLED CELEBRITIES DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM. Imagine Bruno can not afford 3m for treatment, prince james uche, pete eneh. even enebelli died cos of lack money to treat him.

ALL THOSE G WAGON AND HOUSES BY INI EDO, GENEVIEVE AND CO IS ACHIEVED THRU PRO5TITUTION NOT ACTING.
Word!!

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Abdujapha(m): 8:16am On Sep 12, 2015
Obviously, safety precaution(s) mean nothing to you.

hedonistic:

What do you mean by "if she actually caused the fire"? Is she PHCN that supplied unregulated current, thereby causing power surge?

There is nothing like negligence here. If I decide to leave my appliances on, na me go pay the electricity bills. Blame the gaddem power company for supplying overcurrent or even the owner of the house for using substandard wiring cables.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by slap1(m): 8:17am On Sep 12, 2015
She is a tenant like me (for now)?
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by dblaisepascal(m): 8:17am On Sep 12, 2015
hedonistic:

ur ignorance is so disgustinG''' seems u have been deaf to d campaign' switch off electrical appliances before leaving home

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2015
PDPwayoo:

No Nigerian celebrity is worth a billion naira. They are all liars. Even if you make a million naira everyday it will take you over 3 years to hit a billion naira. And this folks don't even make 100k a day. A lie can only last but not for long

12 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by ExInferis(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2015
I kkep saying it over and over; these people are not rich. One simple kidney failure and gbaa!! tory don change.

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 12, 2015
No Nigerian celebrity is worth a billion naira. They are all liars. Even if you make a million naira everyday it will take you 3 years to hit the billion naira mark. And this folks don't even make 100k a day. A lie can only last but not for long

3 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by ExInferis(m): 8:25am On Sep 12, 2015
niggi4life:
in as much as i blame her a lil bit for leaving her gadgets on, majority of people living abroad do these often, infact 99% of them, their freezers, fridges are always on.

1. they can go many years without a single blackout
2. they hardly have spikes
3. they've smoke detectors
4. they have vigilant neighbors
5. they've good fire fighting service
6. they've insurance

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Sagamite(m): 8:26am On Sep 12, 2015
ayodele234:
When there a fire broke out in the home of the beautiful Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw, many sympathized with the actress. However, the owner of the building has now blamed her for causing the fire.

Naij.com previously reported that that fire gutted Kate’s house located at Ojibo Adjaro Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, at about 3pm on Thursday, June 25, while the actress was away working on the set of ‘Do Good’.

The fire was caused by a power surge occasioned by the restoration of electricity by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

So bad was the fire that Henshaw was said to have lost some of her valuables and could salvage little of her property. Two days after the incident, Henshaw packed out her belongings from the house and she never looked back.

While many had believed that the property belonged to the actress, it has been discovered otherwise, as the house is said to belong to an 85-year-old pensioner who supports himself in old age with the rent from the house.

According to playgroundtv.net, a source close to the elderly landlord said: “You see, it was because of her negligence that the fire started in the first instance. She left her air conditioner on, when she knew she was going out of the house. So, when the power supply was restored in the vicinity, a power surge occurred in her apartment and the fire started. The problem now is that after she evacuated her belongings, she just gave the keys to the gate man and walked away.”

Kate is now said to have got a place somewhere in Oniru estate.

https://www.naij.com/547001-kate-henshaws-85-year-old-landlord-lambasts-fire-incident.html

So according to the fuuktard source it is her fault the electricals for the house was installed in such a way it could not cope with the instant supply of electricity?

Or it is her fault that the useless PHCN could not regulate the electricity being supplied?

Ode! ......Moronic fuuktard!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by joseph1832(m): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2015
niggi4life:
By the way, we pay extra money when we rent houses in Lagos and its called Caution fee or some call it Damages fee!!!! Its also non refundable, make d landlord use the money take fix the damages na, abi im don chop am finish abi?
Well Nigeria isn't abroad and never forget we don't have 24 hour power supply and NEPA, or PHCN or is it IKEDC have shown they have a penchant for supplying high voltage some times.

This knowledge should have made her switch off her electrical appliances. Beside, the 'Damage fee' is refundable, I don't know whether the landlords in your area don't refund it, but in mine, its refundable.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Adminisher: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2015
ayodele234:
Most of these Nigerian celebrities are over-hyped. They are not that rich as we think. Of course she should pay for the damage if she actually caused the fire. Please I want comments. Thanks

This ####ing story is about an 85 year old landlord who lose property and only source of income was damaged. Please leave your inferiority complex about Nigerian celebrities out of it.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by xtervaganza(m): 8:29am On Sep 12, 2015
Sommyangel:
Was she supposed to pay for the damages?
yes

She caused the fire with her carelessness
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2015
ayodele234:

No Nigerian celebrity is worth a billion naira. They are all liars. Even if you make a million naira everyday it will take you over 3 years to hit a billion naira. And this folks don't even make 100k a day. A lie can only last but not for long

no matter the inflation. 1 billion naira is not a joke. only politicians, dangote and drug barons have that kind of money. ALL THOSE CARS THEY SHOW OFF, 90% OF THEM ARE TOKUMBO, RAPPED WITH RUBBER...tear rubber indeed.

5 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by xtervaganza(m): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2015
hedonistic:

i doubt you own a house or you grew up in a house build by your folks

Does it make any sense to leave your appliances on when you're not at home?

Do you leave your water running just because you pay for it?

How low and stoopid can you get?

6 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by tunergy(m): 8:41am On Sep 12, 2015
ayodele234:
Most of these Nigerian celebrities are over-hyped. They are not that rich as we think. Of course she should pay for the damage if she actually caused the fire. Please I want comments. Thanks

There is something called "FIRE AND BURGLARY" Insurance which every property owner should purchase on their properties.

Ask your self, if the Landlord Insured the house against Fire and Buglary?
Pls be aware that the cost of insurance is just a fraction of the rent received.

And if anybody is guilty of Negligence, its the landlord, amd not a tennant.

Pls note that Fire could have been caused by several means.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Drdreluv: 8:43am On Sep 12, 2015
Yes ooooo there will not listen to u if u are intrested in taking insurance for your building cars bus ships areoplane pm me pls
abbeyty:
That is why nigerians should start taking insurance seriously. There wouldn't be need for this if the house was insured
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Olalan(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2015
If this story is true then I can infer that most of our so called celebs aren't as rich as they always want to make us believe. Kate being a tenant at this time is hard to believe

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 12, 2015
what a poser...

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by castiello(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2015
hedonistic:

I was forced to login and talk sense into your dumb skull, so the best way to use appliances is to leave it on abi? Ode!! Even in the develop world when you are not around you off your electric source for safety, nigerians do things anyhow Kate was faulty on this one with her level of education I don't know she can be this dumb, if na house help do this mistake now na to put he or she for prison, most nairalander are just reasoning with there foot.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by vega84(m): 8:56am On Sep 12, 2015
So is nt even her house? What do all these celebrity's do wit their money? After years in the industry u still the pay house rent fr lagos? KATE! #vegatalks

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 12, 2015
ayodele234:
All these fake posters in this nairaland that always try to high and hype the status of Nigerian celebrities, I think is right time you stop it.. Kate Henshaw bought house in VGC, or Lekki Phase 2, Genevieve bought latest Range, built house in Omole Estate, Halima Abubakar built house for her parents in Ajao estate, Aki and Pawpaw built mighty hotel in Ejemekwuru, or in Ikperedi Orlu, Kcee without an album bought Ikoyi crib, I tire for una

You mean KC have no album shocked are you serious?
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by engrjacuzzi: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2015
in frank donga's voice " all these actors n actresses are biting the dust of this country" I even heard that most of them are bed warmer for our so called sinator, CEOs, polithiefians.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by cbrass(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2015
prettytasha:
wait o kate henshaw is still a tennant , upon all the money she made from movies and nigeria got talent , she cant buy a house ..hmm

If you live in lekki.. you go laff tire at the gullible fans of these so called celebs. We know the true nature of things here grin

4 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by cbrass(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2015
engrjacuzzi:
in frank donga's voice " all these actors n actresses are biting the dust of this country" I even heard that most of them are bed warmer for our so called sinator, CEOs, polithiefians.

Not only politicians but they warm our beds here too wink
Re: Kate Henshaw’s 85-Year-Old Landlord Lambasts Her Over Fire Incident by hensben(m): 9:21am On Sep 12, 2015
cbrass:

If you live in lekki.. you go laff tire at the gullible fans of these so called celebs. We know the true nature of things here grin
Them don throw one lie currently say psquare buy house for US whereas, na appArtment them buy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sound Sultan Recorded A Song With Wizkid Before Death (Video) / Nigeria's Most Eligible Bachelors & Bachelorettes In 2013 / Tboss And AY Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.