Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? (22512 Views)

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by kevoh(m): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
dada01:

am sorry for sounding insultive @ first.
All is well my Brother.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Collinsemegreat(m): 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
ajalaolanr:

Your level of ignorance is unbelievable
thanks... But u with knowledge can't figure those were hypothetic thats why there where numbered
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Fianze93(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
I think its a good thing... The Anglican church today have a lot of priests who are in the middle East currently studying Islam and other religions, my Uncle is doing it as a priest. Remember "Religion is the opium of the mass. "- Karl Marx
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by klax(m): 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
What a silly question *a devoted christain want to study islamic in university you are really sick to come here and asked such question. How many muslim have you seen come out or come here to ask such silly question So you expect me now to say go and study islamic so you can ends up adding more number to boko haram or terrorist isn't You brain is not working at all as a matter of fact you are a pretender you are never a christain talkless of calling yourself a devoted christain, goat
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by nyabinghi(m): 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
christians are the most tolerant people on earth, they always turn the other cheek. Christianity is shit, a religion where there are multiple gods but yet they claim they serve one god, what a wicked god they serve that killed his only son. Study islamic studies and see the light, you wont expose your boobs, pray to a crucified lame god again. tekbir
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
klax:
What a silly question *a devoted christain want to study islamic in university you are really sick to come here and asked such question. How many muslim have you seen come out or come here to ask such silly question So you expect me now to say go and study islamic so you can ends up adding more number to boko haram or terrorist isn't You brain is not working at all as a matter of fact you are a pretender you are never a christain talkless of calling yourself a devoted christain, goat
are you sick? Go thru comments in this thread and you will see reasonable and edifying comments posted by brilliant nairalanders. And youre here displaying your ignorance here. No one forced you to comment
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
nyabinghi:
christians are the most tolerant people on earth, they always turn the other cheek. Christianity is shit, a religion where there are multiple gods but yet they claim they serve one god, what a wicked god they serve that killed his only son. Study islamic studies and see the light, you wont expose your boobs, pray to a crucified lame god again. tekbir
is this the religion that i could be converted to? Your role model prophet was paedophile, raped children, stole from the poor, got married to thousand women, a religion full of lust and violence, a religion that promises you 72 virgin to be defiling with in allah's unholy heaven. recently your allahu akbar god disappointed you by overthrowing a crane that killed countless of your muslim colleagues while they went to worship him. Chai what a religion. Truthman2013, yazach, rilwon, rilwayne001, demmzy15, vedaxcool etc. you guys need help to come to Christ and be set free from Islam the foundation of lies.
For your information i read in surah were your god promises hell fire to all muslims. If you doubt me, Ask parisbookaddict. Shameless people. Animals
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by yazach: 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
is this the religion that i could be converted to? Your role model prophet was paedophile, raped children, stole from the poor, got married to thousand women, a religion full of lust and violence, a religion that promises you 72 virgin to be defiling with in allah's unholy heaven. recently your allahu akbar god disappointed you by overthrowing a crane that killed countless of your muslim colleagues while they went to worship him. Chai what a religion. Truthman2013, yazach, rilwon, rilwayne001, demmzy15, vedaxcool etc. you guys need help to come to Christ and be set free from Islam the foundation of lies.
For your information i read in surah were your god promises hell fire to all muslims. If you doubt me, Ask parisbookaddict. Shameless people. Animals

when are you going to grow up?
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Rilwon: 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
is this the religion that i could be converted to? Your role model prophet was paedophile, raped children, stole from the poor, got married to thousand women, a religion full of lust and violence, a religion that promises you 72 virgin to be defiling with in allah's unholy heaven. recently your allahu akbar god disappointed you by overthrowing a crane that killed countless of your muslim colleagues while they went to worship him. Chai what a religion. Truthm an2013, yaza ch, rilw.on, rilwayne00.1, demm.zy15, veda.xcool etc. you guys need help to come to Christ and be set free from Islam the foundation of lies.

Fake prophet, your own ignorance is something else conpared to other clowns on this board. I cant just stop laughing.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Neplusultra(f): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Na so e dey take start shocked
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by vedaxcool(m): 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

I am sorry I cannot follow a god who felt forsaken by a bigger god.

My lord my lord why have thou forsaken me - Jesus.

They follow their vain desires and call it guidance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Demmzy15(m): 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
[s] is this the religion that i could be converted to? Your role model prophet was paedophile, raped children, stole from the poor, got married to thousand women, a religion full of lust and violence, a religion that promises you 72 virgin to be defiling with in allah's unholy heaven. recently your allahu akbar god disappointed you by overthrowing a crane that killed countless of your muslim colleagues while they went to worship him. Chai what a religion. Truthman2013, yazach, rilwon, rilwayne001, demmzy15, vedaxcool etc. you guys need help to come to Christ and be set free from Islam the foundation of lies.
For your information i read in surah were your god promises hell fire to all muslims. If you doubt me, Ask parisbookaddict. Shameless people. Animals[/s]
Kai! See if you don't want thunder to fire you, don't mention me uselessly! I've warned o! Ewu!
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by unmask: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
Let her also skip biology
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by elfico(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
She is a Christian and wants to study Islqm and so what? I studied christian religious knowledge from primary school to JSS3 and that did not change me into a christian. I even know more about Christianity than many Christians. Most Christians know little about Islam save what they have read on the news and on the internet. They see Islam as intolerant when the church, the crusaders and inquisitions did far worse all in the name of Christianity.

onetrack:
I really wouldn't worry about it. I have studied Islam, read the Quran along with hundreds of the hadiths and large parts of the tafsir and sirah. There is much to criticise in this religion, and a little internet research goes a long way. I've also studied other religions extensively.
There is a lot to criticize in other religions too since you are an atheist and all religions will have criticism to you. no offense.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by bezimo(m): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
You didnt see course to study, Its Islam that you want to study. That demonic religion promoted by the blood thirtsty demon called Allah who motivates muslims to unrestrained violence and bloodshed. ISIS, BOKOHARAM, ANSAWURUDEEN all have one thing in common. She must be a comfirmed fake Christian to even contemplate it. Islam is a threat to world peace from America, to Europe to Asia and Africa.What has light got to do with darkness. For me even if Jesus says there is no more heaven again, Islam is still not an option.

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by dubemivan(m): 10:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
@Op I believe you dont need a prophet to advise your on this topic.... IRS is not CRS on what basis or benefit should your friend take such course even if she has spent 5yrs @home?? its really crazy to think of accepting such admission. All these are means of drawing people into their terrorist religion. Flee for your dear live oOooo
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by sanali(m): 2:22am On Sep 14, 2015
[quote author=tmayusuf post=37960356][/quote]

i'm sure as hell dont know were you are getting to, you trying to tell me, i'm off the topic or sometin sumtin
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by vickylala239: 6:36am On Sep 14, 2015
Wonders they say!!!!

how can u study Islam?

Evn with Wat is hppnin in d Wrld today.

And a gel for Dat matter.

Wich job is She After?

let's b truthful to our self,the prblm this wrld is join is Islam.

3Yrs is small Na,couple wit d fact Dat She s a gel.

If She wnts to b an Islam lecturer, Wat will d die heart Islam who cn kill,if u say anything against deir god be?

Let ha Wait ohh.Xcept say u wan hear say dem Don kill ur sis,Cuz any day She mistaken spell Mohammed, She do die b Dat or Mke any funny joke.

Let ha stay off ohh.

We I was small, there is no group Dat I fear more than Muslims.Ppl covering their head.

Carry a book called Koran,Wich normal person cnt read.

Hitting deir head on d flood as prayer.

Going about with small knifes

Killing @ Evri slightest provocation

Cleaning deir dikkk with green leaves After peeeeing.

Neva to near or talk to deir gels.

Mix up Almst impossible wit dem.

Washing deir feet n legs wit water.

Al sort of unbelievable acts,Dat u cn Eva imagine.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by parisbookaddict(f): 7:01am On Sep 14, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
is this the religion that i could be converted to? Your role model prophet was paedophile, raped children, stole from the poor, got married to thousand women, a religion full of lust and violence, a religion that promises you 72 virgin to be defiling with in allah's unholy heaven.

ProphetUdeme we need to speak ONLY the truth when we criticize or discuss mohammed. MohammEd did not rape children, he defiled only one child (Aisha) according to meticulous reacords kept by muslims..
He didn't marry a thousand women, the number is about 11 to 15 depending on which hadiths u read. He also raped war captives cum sex slaves of age we don't know but the stories suggest they we previously married women whom he killed their husbands.

recently your allahu akbar god disappointed you by overthrowing a crane that killed countless of your muslim colleagues while they went to worship him. Chai what a religion. Truthman2013, yazach, rilwon, rilwayne001, demmzy15, vedaxcool etc.

It is unfair to cite this in an attempt to discredit Islam. Though Its suspicious that their god would supposedly allow that sort of disaster to occur on one of the "holiest" mosques in Islam. Killing over a hundred especially as haji kicks off. But don't forget TB Josuha's church claimed the lives of over a hundred people (point to note is that TB Josuha is not considered a Christian by many). However tragedies like this should not be cited to discredit a religion, I created a topic on the crane to criticize the engineer for saying its "an act of god" or force majeure in contract parlance.

you guys need help to come to Christ and be set free from Islam the foundation of lies.

Calling them shameless animals is uncalled for. Muslims are not animals. Their unholy quran may call Jews pigs and apes and called Christians cattle but we should NOT lower ourselves to muslims level by partaking in that type of crude language.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by daresimon(m): 8:43am On Sep 14, 2015
I would rather forfeit such admission cos I woundnt want to end up as bokoharam applicant.

There are other schools and there are courses better than that courses.

For a christian its a no no.

Forfeit the admission and go for A levels if not done.

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by channelz: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2015
parisbookaddict:

ProphetUdeme we need to speak ONLY the truth when we criticize or discuss mohammed. MohammEd did not rape children, he defiled only one child (Aisha) according to meticulous reacords kept by muslims..
He didn't marry a thousand women, the number is about 11 to 15 depending on which hadiths u read. He also raped war captives cum sex slaves of age we don't know but the stories suggest they we previously married women whom he killed their husbands.

It is unfair to cite this in an attempt to discredit Islam. Though Its suspicious that their god would supposedly allow that sort of disaster to occur on one of the "holiest" mosques in Islam. Killing over a hundred especially as haji kicks off. But don't forget TB Josuha's church claimed the lives of over a hundred people (point to note is that TB Josuha is not considered a Christian by many). However tragedies like this should not be cited to discredit a religion, I created a topic on the crane to criticize the engineer for saying its "an act of god" or force majeure in contract parlance.

Calling them shameless animals is uncalled for. Muslims are not animals. Their unholy quran may call Jews pigs and apes and called Christians cattle but we should NOT lower ourselves to muslims level by partaking in that type of crude language.

I like this about your style of postulation.

It makes you have a face of a...

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Amiee99(f): 10:29am On Sep 14, 2015
invisibility:

No muslim will want a christian to be their Islamic studies lecturer. Its an abomination to them and she'll get killed one day.

It's not an abomination. It's a religion that allows knowledgable people speak. And she's not gonna get killed some day.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Blackfire(m): 11:26am On Sep 14, 2015
parisbookaddict:

wow... Just wow . Just wow.

*Standing ovation*.

To all my muslim friends, we do not hate u,, all we are doing is to point out the evils and deceiving of muhamed/qu'ran/allah.. And ask u if u can live with that, or follow them, or call such person al hassan...
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by JaaizTech: 11:30am On Sep 14, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
My cousin applied law in this year's jamb and also wrote the post utme exams but unfortunately her name was not released and she took the supplementary form and the staff at the school's admission unit told her she will be admitted to study Islamic Studies.
But this girl is a devoted born again Christian and since the doctrines of Islam and that of Christianity are in direct contradiction as it might affect her walk with the Lord. She requests for advice.
Should she take up the course as she has been home now for 3 years due to lack of admission, and she says she cant stay home any longer.
She needs your advice please

As a muslim my advice is bound to be bias;however let me correct the wrong notion that the teachings of Islam and xtianity are totally different or as you put it: "... since the doctrines of Islam and that of Christianity are in direct contradiction..".

It is true that the critical part of the faith of a Muslim is very different from that of a Christian, for we believe in the existence of Only one God whom has no son.

According to the Quran, Jesus is not God's son or even God himself as some Christians believe. Jesus was a Prophet of God in a long line of Prophets that was sealed with the Final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him).

{Say: He is God, the One and Only God, the Eternal, Absolute. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him.} (Quran 112:1-4)

{Oh Mary! God gives you the good news of a word from Him. You will be given a son: his name will be the Messiah Jesus, the Son of Mary. He will be noble in this World and in the Hereafter. He will be among those who are closest to God.} (Quran 3:45-6)

However, there are many parts of the christian teachings as found in the Bible that are in line with Islamic teachings. I can't advice her on what part to follow with regards to her career, but I would tell her what harm can it be if you got to study about Islam, just for the sake of knowing what it is really about. At least you can get more facts.

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by ogirma: 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2015
Looks like nobody has ever heard of the word CHANGE OF COURSE ABI?
If she Hates Islamic studies as some.people have decided to portray it here, she can change her course after one year and like someone said before is it by force to go to university? NCE, Poly are also a choice in her utme I believe she applied something there that she can study apart from going to university.

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
My cousin applied law in this year's jamb and also wrote the post utme exams but unfortunately her name was not released and she took the supplementary form and the staff at the school's admission unit told her she will be admitted to study Islamic Studies.
But this girl is a devoted born again Christian and since the doctrines of Islam and that of Christianity are in direct contradiction as it might affect her walk with the Lord. She requests for advice.
Should she take up the course as she has been home now for 3 years due to lack of admission, and she says she cant stay home any longer.
She needs your advice please

School is not essential to her salvation. She must not be a graduate. Many he reads about in bible times were not graduates, but they were esteemed high by God.

She knows how to read and write. Its even better she goes and learn a trade or attend any vocational training to fend for herself. She can update her educational skills by reading novels, read educational books to acquire necessary knowledge. It must not be in the university.

After all, getting a job these days is not easy. With skills though, she can be self employed and serve her God, instead of jeopardizing her faith cos of education. 1cor 15:33
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2015
JMAN05:

School is not essential to her salvation. She must not be a graduate. Many he reads about in bible times were not graduates, but they were esteemed high by God.

She knows how to read and write. Its even better she goes and learn a trade or attend any vocational training to fend for herself. She can update her educational skills by reading novels, read educational books to acquire necessary knowledge. It must not be in the university.

After all, getting a job these days is not easy. With skills though, she can be self employed and serve her God, instead of jeopardizing her faith cos of education. 1cor 15:33
yeah its a risk jeopardizing her faith cos of education. But inasmuch as youre right but the last time i checked, jw doesnt support university education for their members, am i right?.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
yeah its a risk jeopardizing her faith cos of education. But inasmuch as youre right but the last time i checked, jw doesnt support university education for their members, am i right?.

The governing body discourage it for some reasons. But individuals are allowed to decide on that issue without fear of sanction or criticism.

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 20, 2015
Rilwon:

Fake prophet, your own ignorance is something else conpared to other clowns on this board. I cant just stop laughing.

My dear dis dude is a serious clown ooo...Abeg go and check his other post where he said sleeping make u have beards and makes you look handsome and ur chick will plump out...he was advising pple to drop their jobs and be sleeping in the afternoon so dey cn look handsome

Dis dude is clueless cheesy
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 20, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
lalasticlala abeg help me put voice. Thanks

Most you always beg for fp!?....is dat all ur achievement so far?? ..... teacher udeme deceiving pple since 19BC so your cousin write jamb thrice and u didn't encourage her to go and learn how to plait hair yet you encourage a medicine aspirant who fail like her to learn work, yet you want to encourage your sister to study Islamic religion jst to gain admission...and get a degree

You are an hypocrite!!
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 20, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
if i have a good C.G.P.A nothing on earth will make me change my course again cos now my hopes of graduating with good grades are high. And youre right. Your incumbent department will never release you.

Oh so you neva had a good C.G.P.A from Harvard University u must be a block head ooo...and you say you are an over graduate...dis dude cn deceive cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atheists Have A Religion / CAN General Secretary, Musa Asake, Is Dead / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.