Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? (22532 Views)

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Fourwinds: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2015
vfactor:
Is it compulsory to go to the University? I am more concerned with where she will find employment about school? Cos of the over hype given to university education, people will consider studying anything to get a university degree!
God bless u. This is d problem with dis generation now. U have said it all. Im very sure for those three years she had spent seeking for admission, she didnt learn any hand work like fashion design, hair dressing etc. Let her sit don there like water

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Bollinger(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2015
arafone:
four words; who is the enemy ?

Islam; terrorism, extremism.

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Fourwinds: 9:46am On Sep 13, 2015
Collinsemegreat:
1.She got to pray! Remember the first comandment as a christian, we shouldn't worship any other God.
2. The surety of employment with that course, is not guarrantee- not generally need!.
3. It may be a test from God.
4. If she insist let her it's her choice and she may change it with gud cgpa
we no go university. How many people dey fit change course with good CGPA?? If u have good CGPA, hardly will ur department release u.

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by histemple: 9:49am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
My cousin applied law in this year's jamb and also wrote the post utme exams but unfortunately her name was not released and she took the supplementary form and the staff at the school's admission unit told her she will be admitted to study Islamic Studies.
But this girl is a devoted born again Christian and since the doctrines of Islam and that of Christianity are in direct contradiction as it might affect her walk with the Lord. She requests for advice.
Should she take up the course as she has been home now for 3 years due to lack of admission, and she says she cant stay home any longer.
She needs your advice please

I don't seem to understand why a human being will be seeking advice on what to study. Does it mean that this fellow has not decided what he/she wants in life and the path to attain it?

Does it mean that the fellow is ready to just study anything available?

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by mfm04622: 9:50am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
My cousin applied law in this year's jamb and also wrote the post utme exams but unfortunately her name was not released and she took the supplementary form and the staff at the school's admission unit told her she will be admitted to study Islamic Studies.
But this girl is a devoted born again Christian and since the doctrines of Islam and that of Christianity are in direct contradiction as it might affect her walk with the Lord. She requests for advice.
Should she take up the course as she has been home now for 3 years due to lack of admission, and she says she cant stay home any longer.

What does she intend to do when she graduate? Teach Islamic Studies in Secondary School? Is it just about being a graduate?

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 13, 2015
Devoted Christian or a devout Christian? Do you even know the difference?

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by holusormi(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2015
Let her accept it na , she would be a devout Christian, practicing her career in the mosque ...foo.lish questions everywhere , that was how another idiiot was calling himself manager whereas he is just an assistant manager undecided

3 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by onetrack(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2015
bulldoza:

So which is the perfect religion since you can't reason beyond your brain capacity?
So you think everything that exist happened by chance?
You don't believe there's a hidden or unknown force (God) behind it?
Do you know what metaphysics is?

No religion is perfect; they are all man-made. That is crystal clear.
I believe that everything that exists occurred because of natural forces (it is not exactly the same thing as chance)
No god exists that I am aware of, however it is possible that there are other beings that we haven't identified.
Metaphysics is interesting but ultimately subjective.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Fourwinds: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2015
kevoh:
From choosing Law to contemplating Islamic studies shocked ! Your cousin paints a picture of the typical Nigerian youth who just craves a University degree even if it's BSc in garri drinking. I doubt if she'll even make it into Law school or manage to graduate from one if she had passed the Post-UTME.

Why the rush into University by the way ? She can learn one of these important skills: Tailoring a.k.a Fashion Designing, Hair Dressing, Event planning e.t.c while waiting to retake the exam next year for Law. She might end up earning her paychecks from the above skills than that paper certificate.
thank u my brother. Leave them make dem dey kill themselves over nothing

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by popcykaylah(m): 9:53am On Sep 13, 2015
this thing about separating religion has gone too far...studying islamic has nothing to do with your faith in God .. atleast both religions are of God ..
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by onetrack(m): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2015
Zaamk50:
pls bring forward the criticizable things from what you have studied and in sha Allah I'll try to clarify it as much as I can. Thank u

There are absolutely loads of errors and contradictions in the Quran and Hadiths. I've read Muslims apologists' attempts to clarify but in the end it's all the same things that Christians use to defend their religion.

It would be difficult to persuade me that this all-powerful creator who wants us to adore him chooses to hide and instead whisper into the ears of long-dead prophets as proof of his existence. The Quran, also, is poorly organized and contains almost no useful information.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Holyghostpikin(m): 9:57am On Sep 13, 2015
The question is somehow cus hw can you b offered admission wen u didn't study Arabic in ur secondary sku?
Meanwhile I tink people are academically confused in Nigeria!
if God has promised you law, he w do it at His own appointed time!
let's her wait for God's time
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 13, 2015
onetrack:

No religion is perfect; they are all man-made. That is crystal clear.
I believe that everything that exists occurred because of natural forces (it is not exactly the same thing as chance)
No god exists that I am aware of, however it is possible that there are other beings that we haven't identified.
Metaphysics is interesting but ultimately subjective.
So who/what is the "natural force"?
Please explain

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 13, 2015
DJBIGGY:

It is just a course... Nobody will force you to practice cos they are in the university to learn. i am a Muslim and my mother who is a practicing muslim studied Christian Religious Studies for her BSc. There is nothing you can teach her about the bible, i swear you and her would be in for a heated debate. Nevertheless it does not still mean because she studied CRS that she should abandon her religion.

Secondly with the state of Nigeria and Admission, you never can tell if she would get admission next year... let her just go through it to keep herself busy while she applies jamb next year again if she does not like it. That way she will not lose much cos she would be keeping herself busy before the change of course
wow nice. Am in C.R.S too but in education. So whats your mum doing now is she a C.r.k teacher? Yes seen your post. Thanks thats a very nice advice
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2015
Its just a course, she can okay....
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 13, 2015
voodooman:
He'll no. God forbid. You want to study a religion of terrorists, suicide bombers and rapists. Study zoology instead. What nonsense.
stupid donkey

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by maxtamazin: 10:02am On Sep 13, 2015
You have been home for three years. ....what have you done to improve yourself? Have done any vocational training, what is the prospect after studying lslamic study? The choice is yours
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by onetrack(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2015
bulldoza:

So who/what is the "natural force"?
Please explain

Meaning the forces in nature as defined by the rules of physics. I know where you are going with this. My answer is that scientists have not yet figured out exactly if or how the universe came into being or if there are infinite universes, however none of this is proof of a creator who is watching over us and sending 'prophets'. The universe might have an eternal existence; it might not. Many Hindus believe that the universe is simply an enormous unregulated cycle with no beginning and no end.

Maybe one day the scientists will answer this question about the universe.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by promgurlP(f): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2015
She should not waste her time joor... open university is available angry
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 13, 2015
Fourwinds:
we no go university. How many people dey fit change course with good CGPA?? If u have good CGPA, hardly will ur department release u.
if i have a good C.G.P.A nothing on earth will make me change my course again cos now my hopes of graduating with good grades are high. And youre right. Your incumbent department will never release you.

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 13, 2015
holusormi:
Let her accept it na , she would be a devout Christian, practicing her career in the mosque ...foo.lish questions everywhere , that was how another idiiot was calling himself manager whereas he is just an assistant manager undecided
hahahaha na this kind post for make sense for FTC lol
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Dekatron(m): 10:08am On Sep 13, 2015
Last I checked, people say y'all serve the same God.

So??

As for me, my son MUST have a Phd in flying spaghetti religious studies
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 13, 2015
does she want to become a muslim? she can always go to polytechnic.

ProphetUdeme:
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2015
promgurlP:
She should not waste her time joor... open university is available angry
did you just say open university? Sorry she doesnt seem like the type that will waste her 4 good years at a glorified primary school known as NOUN
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Housing(m): 10:10am On Sep 13, 2015
invisibility:

No muslim will want a christian to be their Islamic studies lecturer. Its an abomination to them and she'll get killed one day.

One time HOD Department of Islamic Religious Studies, LASU was a member of Jehovah Witness. I believe you have little direct contact with Muslims and their behaviours.

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2015
teeowl:
does she want to become a muslim? she can always go to polytechnic.

people no like polytechnic this days
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by badmrkt(m): 10:13am On Sep 13, 2015
I see someone becoming... ISLAMIC-CHRISTIAN.
perfect combo.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 13, 2015
onetrack:

Meaning the forces in nature as defined by the rules of physics. I know where you are going with this. My answer is that scientists have not yet figured out exactly if or how the universe came into being or if there are infinite universes, however none of this is proof of a creator who is watching over us and sending 'prophets'. The universe might have an eternal existence; it might not. Many Hindus believe that the universe is simply an enormous unregulated cycle with no beginning and no end.

Maybe one day the scientists will answer this question about the universe.
Smh
Who's the scientist

No human being in his/her right mind would think that things just came to being. Only a rétard believes in the big bang crap theory. EVERYTHING HAS A DRIVING FORCE. You need to stop being stubborn are silly. Find God and not a perfect religion coz there's none truly.

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by promgurlP(f): 10:14am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
did you just say open university? Sorry she doesnt seem like the type that will waste her 4 good years at a glorified primary school known as NOUN
Are you for real Well I don't think NOUN is a 'glorified primary school' but if she is that desperate, she should go to a polytechnic or rather accept the Islamic studies

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by M4gunners: 10:16am On Sep 13, 2015
Must you go to university before you can make a living? You will have yourself to blame if you choose to study Islam, don't say I didn't warn you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by gidjah(m): 10:18am On Sep 13, 2015
Rubbish is an understatement my dearmwhat kind of senseless post is this?,na only you Waka come??ifshe actually asked u this,then she is not wise!
Nnemuka:
Rubbish.....

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Adortem: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2015
Do not take the course please,think of what you end up doing with the course,you would end up being frustrated than you are now.People are saying if you take it,you can develop a lecturing career,see! Most islamic universities would employ a muslim to take the course,that's how much muslims love their religion,even if you go to any random school,you must practise what you teach. This is worse than doing nothing!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Prophecy: President Mugabe Dying In Singapore Hospital / CAN General Secretary, Musa Asake, Is Dead / Pastor Adeboye Declares 78 Hours Praise Concert To Mark 78th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.