Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? (22510 Views)

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by kunzaar83(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2015
No knowledge is useless, we have a nigerian catholic bishop that teaches islamic studies in the UK university......... Infact u have an upper hand above all Ūя̲̅ course mates....... As it is now I have a B.sc and M.sc Economics... I want to apply Direct entry in the university to read Islamic laws

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by 5starmilitant: 9:00am On Sep 13, 2015
Islamic studies, of all courses? Then she's not a devoted Christian.

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by adwem2003(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2015
Except if she want to become Chief Imam
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2015
Bullsh!t ...She should not
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2015
On a serious note I don't think there's anyone who would study the Koran and become a convert. That fear will not materialize. The question should rather be her reason for seeking a degree.
He can even study Ifalogy

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Obynolee(f): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
My cousin applied law in this year's jamb and also wrote the post utme exams but unfortunately her name was not released and she took the supplementary form and the staff at the school's admission unit told her she will be admitted to study Islamic Studies.
But this girl is a devoted born again Christian and since the doctrines of Islam and that of Christianity are in direct contradiction as it might affect her walk with the Lord. She requests for advice.
Should she take up the course as she has been home now for 3 years due to lack of admission, and she says she cant stay home any longer.
She needs your advice please

I believe that no knowledge is a waste but considering Nigeria where we go to school with the sole aim of getting a better job so, What will be her future upon graduation?, to become an imam or ....?,I think she should answer this question

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by EazyMoh(m): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2015
I strongly advise she took it, because; 1. she can change course if after the first year she still doesn't like it. 2. She would rediscover her faith.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by zekki: 9:07am On Sep 13, 2015
is not bad. from there she will have more understanding about Islam

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by systemz(m): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2015
Ok, I get it. She want to go the university just to register for her village peeps that she was there, else even as a Moslem what does an Islamic education lead u to, esp as a woman!!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by arafone(m): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2015
Collinsemegreat:
1.She got to pray! Remember the first comandment as a christian, we shouldn't worship any other God.
2. The surety of employment with that course, is not guarrantee- not generally need!.
3. It may be a test from God.
4. If she insist let her it's her choice and she may change it with gud cgpa
studying a religious course doesn't mean worshipping anoda God

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by LockDown69(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2015
#BS
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by voodooman: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2015
He'll no. God forbid. You want to study a religion of terrorists, suicide bombers and rapists. Study zoology instead. What nonsense.

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
My cousin applied law in this year's jamb and also wrote the post utme exams but unfortunately her name was not released and she took the supplementary form and the staff at the school's admission unit told her she will be admitted to study Islamic Studies.
But this girl is a devoted born again Christian and since the doctrines of Islam and that of Christianity are in direct contradiction as it might affect her walk with the Lord. She requests for advice.
Should she take up the course as she has been home now for 3 years due to lack of admission, and she says she cant stay home any longer.

one I don't see a big deal studying Islamic studies in the university she might get to enjoy it getting to know Islamic religion might be interesting.. also she could apply for change of course depending the school either in her 100level or 200level or go a polytechnic or a college of education these days jamb give room for that or wait till next year..

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by idris4r83(m): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2015
I doubt this story cos for u to be given islamic studies you must have at least a credit in islamic studies in secondary school waec or neco. And if she has a credit in islamic studies in secondary school then it is not a new thing to her.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by arafone(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2015
Bollinger:

Three words; know your enemy.
four words; who is the enemy ?

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Misterdhee1(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2015
My CRK teacher at high school was a devoted Muslim..He studied CRS at his undergraduate level and didn't stop him from being a Muslim..He knew virtually something abouh everything in the Bible..

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Tbest20(m): 9:17am On Sep 13, 2015
I can see ur level of understanding no muslim can ever kill another person because of religion,if u see anybody that kill in the name of islam is a enemy of islam.you shall not kill that is what Qu'ran teach us,willingly or mistakenly.feel free to study islam is a religion of peace
invisibility:

No muslim will want a christian to be their Islamic studies lecturer. Its an abomination to them and she'll get killed one day.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Zaamk50(m): 9:19am On Sep 13, 2015
onetrack:
I really wouldn't worry about it. I have studied Islam, read the Quran along with hundreds of the hadiths and large parts of the tafsir and sirah. There is much to criticise in this religion, and a little internet research goes a long way. I've also studied other religions extensively. None of it has affected my position as an atheist in the slightest. If she is truly convinced of her Christianity then studying Islam isn't going to change anything.
pls bring forward the criticizable things from what you have studied and in sha Allah I'll try to clarify it as much as I can. Thank u
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by ehisdan(m): 9:19am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
Because she has stayed home for 3 years she want to go contradict her believe. Did she she know how many years I and some members here stayed at home before gaining admission? Is it a must to go school? She should go do something else school is not her calling, even if, she should wait on God to decide the appointed time.
And u called urself a devoted christian. If u are one u don't need any one advice but the scripture.

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 13, 2015
onetrack:
I really wouldn't worry about it. I have studied Islam, read the Quran along with hundreds of the hadiths and large parts of the tafsir and sirah. There is much to criticise in this religion, and a little internet research goes a long way. I've also studied other religions extensively. None of it has affected my position as an atheist in the slightest. If she is truly convinced of her Christianity then studying Islam isn't going to change anything.
So which is the perfect religion since you can't reason beyond your brain capacity?
So you think everything that exist happened by chance?
You don't believe there's a hidden or unknown force (God) behind it?
Do you know what metaphysics is?
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by sanali(m): 9:21am On Sep 13, 2015
invisibility:

No muslim will want a christian to be their Islamic studies lecturer. Its an abomination to them and she'll get killed one day.

its not an abomination, its an insult. and if you will be truth to your words you will not want a Muslim teaching you Christianity.
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by tmayusuf: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
sanali:

its not an abomination, its an insult. and if you will be truth to your words you will not want a Muslim teaching you Christianity.
ProphetUdeme:
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2015
Viewing this topic : lovaleeny.
Just viewed your pics in your profile and observed you resemble a muslim in your appearance. So got anything meaningful to contribute?
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2015
idris4r83:
I doubt this story cos for u to be given islamic studies you must have at least a credit in islamic studies in secondary school waec or neco. And if she has a credit in islamic studies in secondary school then it is not a new thing to her.
credit in islamic studies/ history. She has a credit in history
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by bukqar(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]Hmmmm,the holy Quran never said we muslims should take any person as an eney unless person That disobey the Almighty God(Allah) and his masengers and. Prophets. Mind u again a muslim don't worship different. God but he worship the God of moses(Mussah)Abraham(Ibrahim),Jesus(Isah) and Muhammad...,o religion permits killing. Of innocent soul.cos in thereafter that sould will jack u on the neck asking u why did u kill me. So my xtian fwends. Muslims dnt take u as enemy and if dats all u saying to urself I den call it. Hyposcracy ,worshiping another. God again I dnt knw where u guys get it from the muslims worship God in english nd Allah in arabic.dholy bible is nt written in english but hebrew. Nd hebrew nd. Arabic has similarity cos Jesus(Isah may d peace and blessings of Allah be upon him speacks hebrew)

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by dyn1800: 9:33am On Sep 13, 2015
You're totally wrong....I ws a pupil of born again Christian as an Islamic studies teacher and he did is job very well.... Probably a coincidence the Christian studies teacher was a Muslim and we observes jumat services together and other Islamic functions.... So get it right
invisibility:

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by Bjergtrolde: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

NO.

2 Likes

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by dammytosh: 9:38am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

That is why the UNEMPLOYMENT rate is extremely high.

Kids go to school because they have been at home for a long time not because they have passion for the course.

Tell your cousin to go and read hard and become a lawyer not a Chief Imam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by bumeks(f): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2015
invisibility:

God bless u my dear, u took word out of my mouth
Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by DJBIGGY(m): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

It is just a course... Nobody will force you to practice cos they are in the university to learn. i am a Muslim and my mother who is a practicing muslim studied Christian Religious Studies for her BSc. There is nothing you can teach her about the bible, i swear you and her would be in for a heated debate. Nevertheless it does not still mean because she studied CRS that she should abandon her religion.

Secondly with the state of Nigeria and Admission, you never can tell if she would get admission next year... let her just go through it to keep herself busy while she applies jamb next year again if she does not like it. That way she will not lose much cos she would be keeping herself busy before the change of course

1 Like

Re: As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? by kolomax(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2015
invisibility:

ogaaa shut up if you don't anything a pastor is an Islamic studies lecturer in unilag

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Celebrates Okupevi As First Indigenous Bishop Of Lagos Diocese (Pics) / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) / CAN General Secretary, Musa Asake, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.