Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) (21101 Views)

Queenette Awuka, Cross River Most Beautiful Girl Releases Stunning Photos / Collins Ifeanyi Chukwu Is Dead - Nollywood Director / Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez: Who Is Most Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by kitlady02(f): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2009
I attended dat contest. The camera man did nt do anything dats hw d girl is. She ws nt even d most beautiful among d contestants. Smone said smthing abt miss Gombe she shld hv won it. Glory is nt just Ordinary she is old n her make up artist did a very bad job or maybe makeup does nt fit her. The girl expression wen her name ws called as d winner ws like ' wow its me' u knw she wsnt surprised at all unlike all d other past MBGN's. Evrybody present were very disappointed atleast 90%. That girl cn neva win Miss World.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by biina: 9:35am On Apr 13, 2009
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed (or is it the blind?) is king
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by honeric01(m): 10:14am On Apr 13, 2009
I wish i could just upload a video clip of the competition so that people can watch and tell me the exceptional brain the girl has over the rest of the "more beautiful ones". mennnn, I don't want to lose my sense of taste. I know what is worth "beautiful in all ratifications". so that girl no bi him at all,

I watched the contest and when they were talking, i laughed at some and i kinda enjoyed some, but alot of them beat her down.

one more thing, why are their legs so tiny like Eko masqurade's eyo stick? lipsrsealed
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Afam4eva(m): 10:52am On Apr 13, 2009
I think miss Ebonyi was the finest, but she one the "search for sera" contest.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 13, 2009
question-

should states not be represented by indigenes?

i am sure people would have found it weird if mgbn was from owerri and was of yoruba or hausa ethnicity
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Afam4eva(m): 11:31am On Apr 13, 2009
States should not be represented by just indigenes,but also by citizens(by birth and naturalization). But the problem is that there's no way to determine if somewhere was actually born in a state where the person claims since anybody can get birth affidavit for just 300 naira.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Afam4eva(m): 11:33am On Apr 13, 2009
oyb:

question-

i am sure people would have found it weird if mgbn was from owerri and was of yoruba or hausa ethnicity

That's because you find Igbo people everywhere compared to other ethnic groups.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by MrCrackles(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2009
oyb:

question-

I dont understand myself ooo! cheesy
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by iwefactria: 11:56am On Apr 13, 2009
Siena:

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes here.
Looking at the girl, she's certainly pretty, not ugly at all.

Why can't Nigerians simply accept that someone could win a competition / get through a job interview without bribery / sleeping with judges / employers?  angry
Regardless of who would have won, there'll always be those that don't agree, and those that do.

That girl won fair and square, if you feel you can do better, (females) then go contest, or guys should get their girlfriends to see if they can do better!
Never seen so many negative remarks, shouldn't you guys at least be proud there Nigeria has beautiful girls to begin with?

I concur
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by realdude: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2009
she is 'nt  beautiful at all
but , the jugdes must have chosen from the available contestants.
i feel the organizers should do more in the selection process
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2009
afam4eva:

That's because you find Igbo people everywhere compared to other ethnic groups.

is she of nassarawa descent?

it completely defeats the purpose of the pageant. if we were to start using her to claim that nassarawa chicks are the finest in nigeria. . .we know that we will soon hear about her 'true' state of origin

since 'igbo people are everywhere' maybe we should not be surprised to find an igbo chick representing japan, china or korea or india in the near future  cheesy
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by lexydoh(m): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2009
Niger, how we be like this or should i say the judges dey sleep. that woman don old as nigeria be, dey no see young baby, cute girl to take the crown. anyway na nigeria we dey
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by asha80(m): 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2009
question-

Maybe other ethnicities not fine. lipsrsealed After all an igbo girls rep. ogun, ekiti, adamawa, gombe, plateau last year tongue
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by tpia: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2009
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by spikedcylinder: 2:18pm On Apr 13, 2009
oyb:

question-

Its impossible to get indigenes from all states to be represented in the competition. For instance, tell me one girl from Nassarawa state that won't get her limbs chopped off after participating in an event like this?
Just so each state is represented in the competition, 37 girls are picked (including the girl representing FCT) from the number of girls that are initially screened and then these 37 girls get to pick a state to represent via balloting. Thats why it seems like a Yoruba girl might be representing Abia while an Igbo girl is representing Borno.

PS, that girl is pretty, you all can shut your respective traps! tongue
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by iwefactria: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Its impossible to get indigenes from all states to be represented in the competition. For instance, tell me one girl from Nassarawa state that won't get her limbs chopped off after participating in an event like this?
Just so each state is represented in the competition, 37 girls are picked (including the girl representing FCT) from the number of girls that are initially screened and then these 37 girls get to pick a state to represent via balloting. Thats why it seems like a Yoruba girl might be representing Abia while an Igbo girl is representing Borno.

PS, that girl is pretty, you all can shut your respective traps! tongue

dont mind all of dem.I know some cant even contest Miss' there street' let alone miss Nigeria and yet they are here saying all these grin
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by tpia: 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2009
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2009
Thank you, Spikey and Tpia.

At least your comments show logical reasoning.
wink
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by tpia: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2009
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by studio43(m): 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2009
i hope she nor pay an expensive price to win that crown, cuz my babe fine pass her in everything tongue
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Czarskit(m): 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2009
~ Blood Of Gawd! ! ! Some NLers are EVIL! ! ! ~
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by spikedcylinder: 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2009
tpia:

Its not impossible to get each state represented, but it may not be advisable.

I dont think Nassarawa is a sharia state. Is it?

Nigerians just like to carry politics and religion on their heads, thats all. Other west African countries with high Muslim populations still send representatives to international beauty pageants.  A late French supermodel was from Guinea. North Africa and Egypt also have their own competitions.

I dont think the northern states are represented per se though you're probably right about the reasons since it might be dangerous for the girls to participate in the swimsuit competition. But I think what happens is the organizers just pick girls from the pool in front of them, and assign them states. They either dont go out of their way to match the state with the indigene, or they intentionally match some states with non-indigenes. Besides, after the Miss World riots in Abuja or somewhere, they have to tread softly.

In any case, na all of them sabi. All these things are just based on politics and cash. cheesy

Anyway, I'll give the organizers some credit and asume they have their reasons for anything they're doing. wink

Thats what I meant when I said its impossible. Of course its possible but who will do it? At least not after the Miss World incidence. Hence it is impossible, consequentially. smiley

Siena, wink kiss grin
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2009
guys no dey fine again? abi some no fine pass women nee? Check Elvis Presley, hin no be gay, hin like kitten piece!
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Hoodwing(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2009
Most beautiful girl,
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by na2day2(m): 5:33am On Apr 14, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Beauty contest is usually not only abt beauty, you know. FUNCTION of the brain is also in question. wink

really? wow! i didnt know that, maybe that is the reason i dont watch them tongue tongue tongue
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Meldrick(m): 11:13am On Apr 14, 2009
After Munachi Abii, the organizers have dissapointed us. Look at this one. What is the criteria for making this girl the Most beautiful Girl.She should be the most beautiful girl in Owerri not Nigeria.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Afam4eva(m): 11:27am On Apr 14, 2009
When munachi,Omowunmi,Abiola and Adaeze's win most people complained, so could it be that e don't have very beautiful girls in Naija.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by lildainty(f): 11:56am On Apr 14, 2009
she is BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by emmanas(m): 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2009
well if you said the name of the contest be changed no problem, but remember that IQ also is been tested not only the facial look before the final selection

joke: my man your lady can also contest if you can bear it.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by omooloye1(f): 12:16pm On Apr 14, 2009
I watched the show on stv.I must confess, it was a sheer waste of time for the real beautiful ones amongst them.methinks the really beautiful ones were purposely selected as miss sera and oguta lake respectively.After those two girls, the only girl that shgould have been crowned was 'miss ogun' the girl in the green gown that almost tripped.she was elegant,beautiful and intelligent but alas, she didnt even make the 1st three.This newly-crowned queen has no business being among the last three.if you watched it, you would agree with me. It's either the judges were sleeping or the whole show was stage-managed.She is just there!
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by deb(m): 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2009
I attended dat contest. The camera man did nt do anything dats hw d girl is. She ws nt even d most beautiful among d contestants. Smone said smthing abt miss Gombe she shld hv won it. Glory is nt just Ordinary she is old n her make up artist did a very bad job or maybe makeup does nt fit her. The girl expression wen her name ws called as d winner ws like ' wow its me' u knw she wsnt surprised at all unlike all d other past MBGN's. Evrybody present were very disappointed atleast 90%. That girl cn neva win Miss World.

I agree with you. At first, I thought my TV was faulty but hey! I just got it brand new
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by NTMmodels: 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2009
Nigeria'sTopModel is a new modelling agency that is based in Nigeria but is also running in the UK. If you are interested in becoming a model (in Nigeria) and would like to be represented by NTM. Then listen up because we have the jobs for you. Do you want to be the face of Nigeria? Then this is your chance because many companies all over Nigeria looking for models. They are looking for any age, race, and gender to be the face of their company. It's that simple all you have to do is get application form, and sends us a recent face shot and body shot. When your application is accepted, it would be put on our website (currently under construction). Then when a company needs models we send them your pictures and if they like you, you’re hired.

Email us on nigeriastopmodel@hotmail.co.uk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fans Are Saying Miracle Has Officially Asked Nina To Be His Girlfriend / Photos From President Jonathan Brother's Burial / Tonto Dikeh Celebrates Her 33rd Birthday Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.