Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) (21095 Views)

Queenette Awuka, Cross River Most Beautiful Girl Releases Stunning Photos / Collins Ifeanyi Chukwu Is Dead - Nollywood Director / Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez: Who Is Most Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by bamboke(f): 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2009
Well, I do have reservatios about the paegant show as I see it depreciating yearly.

The trend of girls that now go for the contest is so bad and anyone would be picked when they dont have any girl up to standard.

When I saw the 2008 queen, she looked like she had been going through tough times, because I watched it last year and she was no where like she managed to look last year.

I would have gone for the girl they picked for the IMO queen, but she was picked out and could not contest with the last 10.

Some of them, even tripped on their gowns and what does that mean?

The last girl to be interviewed was bad at her english coordination, but was in the top 10!

Well, I think there is need to re-programme this shows.

Anyway, it shows how desperate girls are about making money.

Lastly, I dont think they should be allowed to pick people for other designated duties, which would leave them with lesser qualities, which are nowhere near world standards.

This is my opinion.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Motee(f): 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2009
Well, I think Guy Bruce and the rest of the organizers have to sit down and think of new ideas in organising THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN NIGERIA unless changed to BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN NIGERIA. No doubt, the most beautiful girls we have in the country might not come out due to their own personal reasons and other circumstances but for those who are proud enough to come out, real and natural beauty should be chosen among them. If the most beautiful girl was chosen due to IQ, what kind of questions was she asked which others could not have answered? were they asked the same questions abi? and apart from that, mere looking at the audience (from my point except those who attended can say No sha), there were not too much young at heart at that venue, they all look like old senators and big time oldies from what I saw on the TV.

Also, I think as a guide, it should be made known to the pageants that whosoever is picked as Miss Sera will not continue in the competition and most probably, I think this particular winner should be picked after the 1st, 2nd and 3rd runner up. To me, I think picking Miss Sera before the end of the competition could risk the contestant the opportunity of the most beautiful girl in Nigeria and at the same time if she was not chosen at the end of the day, it is God’s favour.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by omar22(m): 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2009
WTF

Are you sure its not Halloween night?

I guess she would be representing nigeria at the World beauty contest, I always take pride in making fun with the Ghanian representative! but it seems like the table has turned
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by SophiaLisa(f): 7:56pm On Apr 14, 2009
deb:

I agree with you. At first, I thought my TV was faulty but hey! I just got it brand new
bamboke:

Well, I do have reservatios about the paegant show as I see it depreciating yearly.

The trend of girls that now go for the contest is so bad and anyone would be picked when they dont have any girl up to standard.

More like " one girl from Nigeria",
When I saw the 2008 queen, she looked like she had been going through tough times, because I watched it last year and she was no where like she managed to look last year.

I would have gone for the girl they picked for the IMO queen, but she was picked out and could not contest with the last 10.

Some of them, even tripped on their gowns and what does that mean?

The last girl to be interviewed was bad at her english coordination, but was in the top 10!

Well, I think there is need to re-programme this shows.

Anyway, it shows how desperate girls are about making money.

Lastly, I dont think they should be allowed to pick people for other designated duties, which would leave them with lesser qualities, which are nowhere near world standards.

This is my opinion.

Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by dydx2: 10:05am On Apr 15, 2009
The beautiful ones are yet to be born, the ugly ones refuse to die. grin grin grin
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by adigweada: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2009
My dear friends,
When we talk about beauty queens a lot of people think its all about facial beauty and body structures but that is not it! A beauty queen is a lady with a combination of beauty, brains, charisma, boldness/courage. A lady with a sharp personality.She may not be the most beautiful girl in Nigeria, but considering the above mentioned qualities, she beats the other ladies.

I have had various opportunities to contest-the first was during my days in school and the second was while i was serving at Ebonyi state. In both cases i have learnt that its not all about beauty.

One very annoying thing is the fact that some ladies are not bold enough to contest but they are very good at criticizing the queens when they emerge.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Bunmzie: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2009
To be honest the MBGN has become another comedy show on the naija scene, beautiful girls are been sacrificed for ugly ducklings on the altar of what really?? i actually watched the show and it was one of the worst waste of 2 hours or so of my life. no wonder the show was staged in Imo am sure if they had tried such blatant rubbish in Lagos there would have been some serious riot, and the anchors where did they dredge they girl from

Please if the show no gree them again they should just discountinue instead of attempting to blind us with such ugliness's or simply redefine the show as teh ugliest girls in Nigeria show, simple
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by eleshin(m): 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2009
to say the truth,this ojoro is just too glaring,the girl no try at all!
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Gaminechic: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2009
Na so so East East, we no get 'beautiful' girl for Middle, North, West, South undecided
Sum tin rong.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2009
adigwe ada:

My dear friends,
When we talk about beauty queens a lot of people think its all about facial beauty and body structures but that is not it! A beauty queen is a lady with a combination of beauty, brains, charisma, boldness/courage. A lady with a sharp personality.She may not be the most beautiful girl in Nigeria, but considering the above mentioned qualities, she beats the other ladies.

I have had various opportunities to contest-the first was during my days in school and the second was while i was serving at Ebonyi state. In both cases i have learnt that its not all about beauty.

One very annoying thing is the fact that some ladies are not bold enough to contest but they are very good at criticizing the queens when they emerge.

Are you saying beauty cannot exist with brains in Nigeria today? cheesy Isn't that a shame? cheesy

dy/dx:

The beautiful ones are yet to be born, the ugly ones refuse to die. grin grin grin

Rotflmao. grin grin You're wicked!!!
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Motee(f): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2009
Someone said one very annoying thing is the fact that some ladies are not bold enough to contest but they are very good at criticizing the queens when they emerge. I think without CRITICISM, the winner can't even emerge.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2009
Right on point, Motee.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by adigweada: 4:52pm On Apr 15, 2009
Stillwater and motee,
maybe you guys need to go back ,read and understand clearly what i wrote cos its very obvious you guys did not catch it.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Motee(f): 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2009
Sisterly, I am just bringing out a point.

Sincerely, even among human beings, the best don't come out until we are criticized and you know what! It helps, it makes you work harder. If everyone keeps saying it is good then how do we know the best. If my former statement sounds like an attack, sorry dear, its just part of our expression especially when it is meaningful.

Keep pouring more dear, we are all learning from each other.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by amaechijay: 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2009
I said to myself when she emerged winner " I could as well win this pageant because I'm a lot prettier than she is"

To be frank, the Bianca I saw last year is finer than this queen.

That is just the truth
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Omolola1(f): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2009
No matter what you guys say, feel, or think, there is nothing you can do, SHe has already been crowned.

Glory is probably on a cruise right now enjoying herself you know cool so you guys should stop criticizing her and look for something tangible to do.
THE DEED HAS BEEN DONE, AND NO ONE CAN UNDO IT shocked
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Darola(m): 12:24am On Apr 17, 2009
I didnt think she was the most beautiful but then they knew what they were looking for, i think edo and lagos should have made the final five, but then she's ok
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2009
You guys are still losing sleep over this?

She won, simple! Whether you agree or not, she won the crown.
You can't please everyone, as beauty's subjective.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by thayur(m): 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2009
why do we like to deeive ourselves in this country sef? sebi na rebranding we talk say we wan do
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by CAINT: 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2009
nay she is not all that beautiful coz my luv is more beautiful than she is, not satire but pure truth take hrt glo
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by ladykool(f): 12:50am On Apr 20, 2009
Wat de hell aint no other beautiful gurl than her or her they blind. She is pretty even ok but not beautiful. Thats why they will not win anything
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by PLAYETTE(f): 2:02am On Apr 20, 2009
The thing with some of these pageants is that they are not representative of the true population, Not all the very beautiful girls are bothered to contest, and so the 'crowned' MBGN has to come from the contestants, So even though many might not agree that she is the MBGN, she most likely was the MBG in the pagent, I am indifferent.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Hollysmile: 6:38am On Apr 20, 2009
It's no longer all about beauty and intellect; it's now all about who can satisfy (payin in kind) all de judges before de show runs ova!
Personally, i don't think de beautiful ones refuse pickin de forms cos of de price or whatever, but i think they are usually targeted by the judges (as clean chix nao!) to be used as intimacy gadgets, and if they object to their offer, they tend to get dem victimized and evicted.
In case y'all don't know, MBGN judges dey select who go win even before de main centest start!
Dat's our darlin Naija 4us.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by 7eleven: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2009
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. How good are your eyes? Good eyes see good things in every thing they see , BAD eyes see nothing good in any thing they see and dont see and will not see. cool

Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by dellynash(f): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2009
She looks old and ugly the judges must have problem with their eyes or there was some form of corruption in selecting. The girl isn't worth it.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by ekoboy: 6:05pm On May 02, 2009
maybe she is not so photogenic. I know she is a very pretty girl. Knew her in first yr university, i considered her very beautiful and so did many guys who were looking to get friendly with her.

I believe beauty contest is a combination of many factors. ; how u walk, talk, composure, intelligence, dance etc. so you cannot really say by a mere picture if she is ok to carry the crown. But if it is judged by facial appearance only, i think she is beautiful enough to win any beauty contest.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by suze(f): 5:58pm On May 06, 2009
glory chukwu, mbgn 2009

Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Ndipe(m): 9:36pm On May 06, 2009
Personally, I prefer the beauty queens of the 80's over the 90's.
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by na2day2(m): 5:14am On May 07, 2009
suze:

glory chukwu, mbgn 2009

i bow for this pix sha
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Melinde: 11:27am On May 07, 2009
Nawa ooh 4 dis una "beautiful girl" ooh sorry the "most beautifull girl in ur country", she no make sense @tall,
Na e be say my grand mother go fit win,
Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by Ijeebuka(m): 11:07pm On May 20, 2009
Most beautiful girl in Nigeria, I hope the name is merited with reasons.
1, last year there was one representative, this year there is another, they are all pretty but each one bears the name and wears the crown of her year.

2, many are the beautiful women in Nigeria, that I agree but; among the courageous who presented themselves to the pageant, she is the selected, mind you that beauty of the face isn’t all the criterion on which the selections are made, shape, steps and most of all intelligence are being counted too, so she is not only the most beautiful of the pageant but also the most intelligent of all.

Next, don’t say that after Agbani the rest are ekpo or ugly lol
Remember that the miss after Agbani Darego was among the 4 finalist at UK and behold she was the winner, only the request to repeat the question pushed her out for miss Turkey, had she answered that question (your live and river Jordan, which one is most important) she would bring back the crown, meanwhile she was also pretty and wise.

Pictures don’t often tell all about our appearance. They are pretty.
Wishing them all the best out there and during their reign.

Re: Glory Chukwu: The New Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (2009) by concrete: 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2009
HOW did this girl win!!!!!!! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebube Nwagbo Displays Incredibly Trimmer Figure And It’s Breathtaking (photos) / Fans Are Saying Miracle Has Officially Asked Nina To Be His Girlfriend / Meghan And Harry Are Expecting A Second Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.