Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It (57252 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / This Lady Left Mountain Of Fire Church Because Of This... (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by neowelsh(m): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2015
@op. Before I throw in my little contribution I want you to ready the book before Deuteronomy. Precisely Leviticus 15:19 but try and read through.

in summary women were seen as unclean things, according to their laws if u touch anything that partaineth to a woman mensurating you become unclean until you do what's needed to be done before you will be clean. Now going back the scripture you quoted I want you to answer this questions.
1. What is pertain and what are the things that pertain to men and woman.
2. Who produce trousers and who was it produced for.
3. All through the bible did you see any scripture that says Moses wore trousers? What does he normally wears.
4. When buying your trousers do you go to fenale boutique? Why is so? (I believe you know by now that. Woman touseslrs are quite differwnt from those of men)
In conclusion I want you to know that what the scripture means is that a woman is not allowed to wear anything a man has wore. Therefore if ur wife or sister wears ur T-shirt it automatically becomes unclean.
U want more ?

3 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by lawrence7: 10:19am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
well i thinks its wrong for ladies 2 put on trousers to the church, but western culture has mislead our women from the true doctrine. "anyways im 1st to comment. "its LADYF husband again.

The entire christian faith was brought to us by white men so its "western" culture.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by AkoEja: 10:19am On Sep 13, 2015
Who says trousers are specific to men? Trousers even protect women's dignity more than skirts, and is therefore more supportive of a conservative form of dressing for women.

Some people are still living in the stone ages!
This is the kind of thing driving sane people away from religion. The church is so full of foolish arrogant senseless people
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by M4gunners: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2015
I'm here to see some people running away from the truth.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by ProdigyLoco(m): 10:22am On Sep 13, 2015
Pangea:
The bible did not mention trousers
From the scripture quoted "that pertains to a man"
What pertains to a man differs from culture to culture!
In India, especially the Tamilians, their men tie wrapper while the women wear trousers!
In Scotland, the men wear skirts
In Ijaw land , the men also tie wrapper.

Coming to Nigeria, trouser is specifically for men, so it pertains to a man, hence the embargo on it for women!
But in india, you can wear your trouser without any trouble.

remaining small u for make sense
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 13, 2015
godoluwa:
can a sane man wear skirt?

Even men dey tie wrapper for warri. Come and see for urself.
It's good to study the bible with an open mind and with thoughtfulness. Else one will continue to be deceived by those "men of god" who will say u can not understand the bible unless they they themselves interpret it for you.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Seewealth(m): 10:26am On Sep 13, 2015
Some of us are correct here. But the issue is who told you that trousers are for men. Where in the said quotation did the bible mention trousers. The truth of the matter is Tha it is probably in Nigeria that we think trousers are for men. Otherwise in so many countries trousers are worn by both men and women. Remember Jesus wore a kind of gown because that is the dressing of the people of the area as at that time, even today. What that verse means is " if a woman has worn any cloth, be it gown, trousers or whatever, a man shouldn't wear it. And vice versa" Remember they lived under the law. And this was so because women were considered unclean when they were in their period which needed some sacrifices and rituals before they would be admitted clean again. So interchanging wears could contaminate the society and was therefore discouraged. Please for further insight check the meaning of trouser in a dictionary

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by godoluwa(m): 10:27am On Sep 13, 2015
JOESAJIB:

Even men dey tie wrapper for warri. Come and see for urself.
It's good to study the bible with an open mind and with thoughtfulness. Else one will continue to be deceived by those "men of god" who will say u can not understand the bible unless they they themselves interpret it for you.
anugo m
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by ayobarmy(m): 10:28am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
then can u please interprete the bible passage in the topic for me?
I AM ONLY DOING THIS FOR CLARIFICATION SAKE... WHAT THE BIBLE REFERS TO IS SIMPLY BASE ON HYGIENE BECAUSE IN THOSE DAYS THEY CLASSIFY WOMEN ALMOST UNCLEAN EXPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE FLYING THE RED FLAG. WHAT THE VERSE REALLY MEANS IS THAT A MAN SHOULD NOT PUT ON WHATEVER A WOMAN HAS ALREADY WEAR, AND VICE-VERSA.. LIKE WHAT SOME MEN DO, TIEING THERE WIFE'S WRAPPER...... IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TROUSER BECAUSE ITS IS UNISEX............... NEVERTHELESS OUR GIRLS NEED TO ADD DECENCY TO THE WAY THEY WEAR THERE TROUSERS...... THANKS AND GOD BLESS US ALL
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2015
saintaustine:
It is not a sin for ladies to wear trousers to church.
The word 'PERTAIN in oxford english dictionary means belong.
'Belong' or 'Pertain' in the sense that, clothing like trousers already possess or worn by a man should not be worn by a woman, because of their menstra discharge.
That is exactly what the bible was talking about.
So it is not a sin for ladies to wear trousers to church since the trouser has been fashioned in line with the feminine struture, it no longer belongs to a man.
God bless you! Before we interpret that passage , and other bible passages, an understanding of d time and period they portray is pertinent!!!
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2015
Hollabesea:
God bless you! Before we interpret that passage , and other bible passages, an understanding of d time and period they portray is pertinent!!!
ure running away 4rm d truth
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by smartigo: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2015
Trivial issue!!! Mtchew. How are we sure it was trousers they were wearing those days? Some pple with their rigid ideology. If the world wasn't evolving, we would b walking naked sef.

My concern is: why can women wear trousers and men can't wear skirts? Pls leave d scot men out of this.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Rotimi47: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Whoever told you guys trousers were made for men alone? There is a big difference between the male trouser and the female one and I don't think any sane man would put on a female trouser or a sane lady would put on a male trouser.

If you folks can interpret that particular Verse of the Bible as God condemning the act of wearing trousers because it is for men only , then you should also condemn the wearing of suits by women because suits, facecap, t-shirts were initially created for men use only but nowadays they can be worn by anybody. The same applies to trousers as well.

Friedplantain
Correct answer. Respect smiley
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by saintaustine(m): 10:32am On Sep 13, 2015
cruzyteejay:
.......mind you,not the word used in king James version is used in the new translation.......xo put dictionary aside
Let not confuse ourselves.
What do you have to say about trousers that has been made or customised or fashioned solely for women.
Do those type of trousers belong or pertain to a man
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kinglekan: 10:32am On Sep 13, 2015
shaboti:
I dey come.

Deuteronomy 22:9 also says 'do not plant two kinds of seeds in the same vineyard'

Deutoronomy 22:11..'do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Deutoronomy 22:12.. 'make tassels on the four corners of the cloaks you wear'

Now tell me op, which among these verse do you uphold and obey ? Why have you chosen to be selective?
As christians we have abandoned our primary purposes on earth and we ar focusing on less important stuff.

By the way, these are tassels, tell me how many of your clothes that have them..

Cc: Captainswag225, Softapples, Cyprus000, pweedyuz

Oya make una answer.

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by hardbody: 10:36am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
well i thinks its wrong for ladies 2 put on trousers to the church, but western culture has mislead our women from the true doctrine. "anyways im 1st to comment. "its LADYF husband again.

Which culture approved trousers for men and skirts for women?

Before answering please consider and explain the kilt worn by Scottish highlanders, the dressing in sari by indian women and some hausa women and the tying of wrapper by adult igbo men.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by dajan03: 10:37am On Sep 13, 2015
And who says trousers are only for men
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kinglekan: 10:38am On Sep 13, 2015
Hemah:
The Christian bible didn't condemn it. Who makes trouser a man's garment?

Excellent post!!!

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Appareil(m): 10:38am On Sep 13, 2015
shaboti:
I dey come.

Deuteronomy 22:9 also says 'do not plant two kinds of seeds in the same vineyard'

Now tell me op, which among these verse do you uphold and obey ? Why have you chosen to be selective?
As christians we have abandoned our primary purposes on earth and we ar focusing on less important stuff.

By the way, these are tassels, tell me how many of your clothes that have them..
Correct!
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Mikollon1(m): 10:38am On Sep 13, 2015
Hemah:
The Christian bible didn't condemn it. Who makes trouser a man's garment?

What do you mean by "Christian bible"? Is there a Muslim bible?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by hardbody: 10:38am On Sep 13, 2015
smartigo:
Trivial issue!!! Mtchew. How are we sure it was trousers they were wearing those days? Some pple with their rigid ideology. If the world wasn't evolving, we would b walking naked sef.

My concern is: why can women wear trousers and men can't wear skirts? Pls leave d scot men out of this.

Lol...why leave the Scots out of it?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by gaby53: 10:38am On Sep 13, 2015
shaboti:
I dey come.

.... Thank you. Don't you mind these selective Bible interpreter pastors... Mtchhhh Mtchhhh!
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by olaniyanibukun0: 10:39am On Sep 13, 2015
And who said trousers is for men
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Allureia: 10:40am On Sep 13, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
I don't care if its right or not. What I am sure,is that my daughter and wife will not put on trouser.

My mama never did,my sis never did and nothing happened to them,neither do they look local or odd.

I won't have women in my life gamble salvation all in the name of fashion.
What if they get to heaven and they are told that it is wrong..HELL STRAIGHT.

Life is one chance. Don't gamble it.
[/size]

1. So scottish men that wear skirts are going to hell
2. Women that wear facecaps are going to hell.
3. Men that tie wrappers are going to hell
4. From what I understand ancient men always wore gowns so why is a trouser now for men only?
5. The bible was written so many many centuries ago... were men wearing trousers then?
5. So between men and women that wear bracelets who will go to hell?
6. Very soon women that answer names that men first bore will go to hell...
... Meaning anything first worn by men shouldnt be worn by women and vice versa else u will go to hell..

Meaning almost everything we do is a sin... and u are going to heaven. Christianity to me is all about the inner man... not about trouser. So I suggest you focus on improving the content of the human character.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by 8182yep: 10:41am On Sep 13, 2015
angryShow whr its written in the bible

softapples:
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Kingbilo(m): 10:41am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:

Lol. Western culture misleading us from what they led us into in the first place
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by uridiwan(m): 10:42am On Sep 13, 2015
eneji50:
Modern day christians sha they are more of church followers than Christ followers,my pastor say dis my pastor say dat,its no longer wat d bibble said ,certified ebira boy

Navo Oooo.....
I rep Ebira too
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by pweedyuz(f): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2015
otiigba1:
No its not a sin, even the egyptian men plait their hairs, besides were did it say in the scripture that its a sin. Me too i plait my hair.
God does not look at your appearance,only the pastor does. i guess tongue
My dear,,Not that I'm condemning it o buh its in d scriptures....
Go 2 that same deutronomy,,u will c it there
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
then can u please interprete the bible passage in the topic for me?
i believe abomination there pertains to homosexuality. during those days there were no trousers. men wore robes, women wore garment. a man mustn wear a garment so as not to look n act lyk a woman. so also must a woman not wear robes for men. its a simple rule. has nothing to do with trousers as there were no trousers when the scripture was made.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by ihedioramma: 10:46am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.
capital YES, is wrong woman e.t.c wearing trousers to church e.t.c .
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by OduntanGabriel(m): 10:47am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Ladies on trouser?

. OP,bible said man shall not wear what belongs to woman and vice versa, now show me where trouser is what the Bible stated .... for crying out loud, women have there trousers and there is no way I would go to the market to buy women's trousers and wear eg leggings, bum short etc impossicant.... when u read the bible, most of the clothes Jesus, his disciples etc wore were robes ,if I should wear a robe now people will say it belongs to women..... I am not a bible scholar but I only believe this is common sense.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by smartigo: 10:47am On Sep 13, 2015
hardbody:

Lol...why leave the Scots out of it?

grin grin. It is becos they are marginal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Angel Appears At RCCG Ebute Metta / Man Faces Sound System In Direction Of Church That Always 'disturbs' Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.