Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It (57250 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / This Lady Left Mountain Of Fire Church Because Of This... (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by adebisicutie: 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
ihedioramma:
BROTHER OBEY THE LAW.

Obey what law? Did they wear trousuers in Bible times. The roman garment was more like a skirt sef. Why are you not obeying all the other laws in Old Testament ? You can't pick and choose

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by charlsecy(m): 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
we never said women shouldnt wear trousers and jeans. We are saying dont bring it to church.
Why at home, but not in church?

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.

U need to educate ur self more.

In Deuteronomy 22 vs 5, God was not talking about wearing trousers n skirts. In those days, Israelites wore gowns n men n women share same gown. Now due to Menses in women (which is considered to make her filty n unclean), God instructed that they stop sharing clothes.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by tonychristopher: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
Bullshittt

Then it is a sin for a man to wear kaftan to church and a priest in catholic and orthodox church to wear long robe

Monkeys

Even the oyibo wey bring this una Christianity still dey wear church go church, their lives are better they have the saints and recognised in the bible ...tells me one black man that is amongst the apostles or where in bible did west Africa mentioned

Now hear me out your more holier and catholic than pope

We have female trousers and we have male trousers

By the way

God doesn't give a damn about trouser but the purity of heart

Did Jesus, Elijah, Moses,Abraham wear trouser... Who sew am for them

Monkeys
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
I don't care if its right or not. What I am sure,is that my daughter and wife will not put on trouser.

My mama never did,my sis never did and nothing happened to them,neither do they look local or odd.

I won't have women in my life gamble salvation all in the name of fashion.
What if they get to heaven and they are told that it is wrong..HELL STRAIGHT.

Life is one chance. Don't gamble it.
[/size]

While you're at it, make sure you and the women in your life abide by the following similar old testament laws.

Eating a cheeseburger or anything that mixes meat
and dairy (Exodus 23:19 ).
Sacrificing anything with yeast or honey( Leviticus 2:11 )
Eating fat (Leviticus 3:17 ).
Eating pork (Leviticus 11:7 -8 Eating aquatic creatures lacking fins or scales( Deuteronomy 14:9 -10).
Eating any meat not killed according to the Kosher
practice (Deuteronomy 12:21 ).
Breaking the Sabbath ( Exodus 31:14 ,
Numbers 15:32 -36).---MIND YOU, YOU HAVE JUST BROKEN THIS ONE. Being a town that believes in another, non-YHWH god( Deuteronomy 13:12 -15).
Performing any work on the Sabbath ( Exodus 20:10 ).---READ UP ON HASIDIC JEWS IN USA, THEY USUALLY WAIT AROUND THE ELEVATOR OF THEIR APARTMENT BLOCK FOR SOMEONE TO OPEN THE ELEVATOR TO GET IN BEFORE THEY GET IN BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE EVEN TOUCHING UP OR DOWN BUTTON IS A FORM OF WORK ON THE SABBATH DAY. HERE YOU ARE TYPING ON NAIRALAND. MTCHEWWW
-4 Going to the temple in an unclean state Numbers 19:13 ).
Manufacturing anointing oil ( Exodus 30:33 ).
Perjuring yourself (in certain cases)
( Deuteronomy 19:15 -21).
5 Ignoring the judgement of a judge or a priestDeuteronomy 17:8 -13).
Not constraining a known dangerous bull, if the bull
subsequently kills a man or a woman.
Striking your parents (Exodus 21:15 ).
28 Cursing your parents (Exodus 21:17 , Leviticus 20:9 ).
7 Being a stubborn, rebellious, profligate, and drunkard
son (Deuteronomy 21:18 -21). [22]
Daily life
13 Planting more than one kind of seed in a field
( Leviticus 19:19 ).
33 Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of
cloth ( Leviticus 19:19 ).
32 Cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping
of the edges of your beard (Leviticus 19:27 ). [23]
Living in a city that failed to surrender to the
Israelites ( Deuteronomy 20:12 -14).

Best of luck following all these laws.

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by guysmat(m): 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
Is it the content of your heart, the LOVE you have (for others) or the clothes you wear that will get you into heaven? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
MarieSucre:

Where did the bible condemn wearing of trouser?
whatever belongs to man, make no woman wear am, una don make jeans trouser cost for us na grin guys how much we dey buy jeans before biko, just kidding tho but it's not good to wear trousers to church , u can wear it to any places apart from church ma. Happy sunday, madam I dey come chop wetin u cook o for Sunday
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
misreal:
a WOman shouldn't put on trousers or anything masculine
Who made a pair of trousers masculine. What of Indian women that their traditional wear is trousers, or Scottish men that their traditional wear is Skirt. BTW when did African men even start wearing trousers? Deut 22:5 depends on the intention of the individual. God judges our hearts. People should stop debating what is masculine or feminine, instead we should try to fight against indecent dressing(i.e exposing of sensitive body parts)
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am not here to condemn wearing trousers but that line thought is absurd.

Is there really a decent way to do bad things?

Is running fats in a wrong meaningful?

If wearing trousers is wrong then there's absolutely no good way to wera it.

Who is to say wearing trousers is wrong?
Why is your opinion relevant to women's clothing options?
What next are you gonna try to regulate?
*How they smile in church?
*How they walk?
*Where they seat or stand? (some churches already do this)
Where does it end? Maybe should women even be in church at all
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by tonychristopher: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
chuna1985:

U need to educate ur self more.

In Deuteronomy 22 vs 5, God was not talking about wearing trousers n skirts. In those days, Israelites wore gowns n men n women share same gown. Now due to Menses in women (which is considered to make her filty n unclean), God instructed that they stop sharing clothes.

Simple

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
freecocoa:
Rubbish.

The way these so called christians behave is very annoying, it's one thing to believe in one useless outdated book and another to be selective while at it.

If wearing of trousers is sin(like trousers was even mentioned in the bible to start with, smh) how about men that tie wrapper? How about unisex apparels or accessories? Who do those belong to? If that bible is to be taken seriously, no one is making any heaven, everyone is already doomed for hell seeing as they commandments therein can't be kept.

Yeye dey smell.
Are you saying that Bible entirely should notbe taken serious?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.
It's not a Sin my brother. You must distinguish between tradition and Faith.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by hardbody: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
pweedyuz:

Mixed with hypo
Ask him now,,he will tell u "how will he nt test d commodity b4 purchasing it...#if u know what I mean#

Nah trouser b im problem

I damn know and understand and God forbid i buy any untested goods..... cheesy grin
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by omotofyn: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
Wat d Bible actually means by women not wearing men clothing nd vice versa is for each to carry out dia respective responsibilities. D man is supposed to b d head of d family nd breadwinner but in a situation wia d woman takes up dat responsibility, she is assumed to b wearing d man's clothing nd if d man also decides to do wat is xpected to b done by d woman, tell me, is he then not wearing her clothing? Wisdom nd d HolySpirit is required to interprete d Bible. As a woman, taking up d man's duties means dat u hav worn dat which pertains to a man nd for a man to begin to d woman's duties also mean dat he is wearing dat which pertains to a woman.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by hayzed1090: 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
Well, the truth is this, let's agree that ladies can put on a modest trouser. How many of u girls can wear a trouser that's big on u, I mean "baggy". For a lady to wear a comfortable trouser, it has to be tight on her and that's exactly wat ur bible is against.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by OduntanGabriel(m): 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
pls read the counter thread .

. . . .

. . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. .

. . . . . I DiSAgree.
www.nairaland.com/2596226/did-bible-actually-said-women#37963137
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by miketayo(m): 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
they cause temptation and commotion in church.

so women office trousers causes temptation in church and doesnt on the street? u knw skirts causes more commotion and temptation than trousers. doesnt make sense
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by zoe123: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
I find it amusing wen Christians say Bible is contradictory, or pick a verse n read it out of context. 1st Bible is a spiritual book authored by d Holy Spirit I don't care if u don't bliv that, so for u to comprehend u need him. 2ndly you should be mindful of d translation ur reading n 3rdly u don't read a verse in isolation if u want to understand it get a reference study Bible with concordance. U will get a clearer context, that being said d part of scripture d OP quoted has other rules listed which we are not keeping so y just d trouser ish? What d place is referring to is not d style cos if it is so den it doesn't make sense cos in dat era both male n female wore gowns in fact d Bible made reference to Aaron's skirt. Because of various Jewish laws regarding cleanliness and male/female relationship it was forbidden for a female to wear any cloth being worn by d male because of body discharge otherwise known as sweat cos such discharge makes u impure. Just the same way having contact with someone menstruating during dat era makes u impure. That verse has nothing to do with style of cloth.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
codedpee:
Many have created edited versions of d Bible just to satisfy their likes and dislikes. Keep editing! All I know is that people will cry that day. I wonder whose grandmother here wore trousers to church...

You will be surprised that a lot of people here their grandmother did not know even who Jesus was or what bible is supposed to be. Many of their grandmothers grew up in an era where women tied wrapper on their waist like men do not up to the chest like nollywood is depicting. All these before the white man came and forced a foreign religion on us. A religion that is also foreign to them too, coming from the middle east. Before the white man made us hate our skin and made us cover our breast saying its is uncivilized to walk around with the sun rays kissing our black skin. Shame on you all! Shame!!! Even the whites have moves on from such rubbish we cling to desperately.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by dave2meek(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
lomprico:

Na gown o! grin
Not everybody that reads n write is educated. Where in d bible was 'trouser' mentioned?
No mind themgrin
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
adeekiti:
whatever belongs to man, make no woman wear am, una don make jeans trouser cost for us na grin guys how much we dey buy jeans before biko, just kidding tho but it's not good to wear trousers to church , u can wear it to any places apart from church ma. Happy sunday, madam I dey come chop wetin u cook o for Sunday
Taaaah commot for dia. Una dey wear trouser before. Go check your grandfather and great- grandfather's picture and see the hot wrapper im knack for waist. Wrapper no cost.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nicepoker(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
jamex93:
it really depends

so many things attached to it
list them
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nicepoker(m): 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Whoever told you guys trousers were made for men alone? There is a big difference between the male trouser and the female one and I don't think any sane man would put on a female trouser or a sane lady would put on a male trouser.

If you folks can interpret that particular Verse of the Bible as God condemning the act of wearing trousers because it is for men only , then you should also condemn the wearing of suits by women because suits, facecap, t-shirts were initially created for men use only but nowadays they can be worn by anybody. The same applies to trousers as well.

Friedplantain
some day u will appear with skirt to church
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by pweedyuz(f): 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
hardbody:

I damn know and understand and God forbid i buy any untested goods..... cheesy grin
Hehehehehehe
Then women wearing trouser is def nt one of ur problems
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by JoeJea: 12:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
It is a BIG,FAT,SIN!
Do not wear trousers whether skintight or loose to the Lords house.It is very much Indecent.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by omolami: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
Looking at verse quoted academically, one wonders how do we determine wears belonging to man or woman especially trouser. This is so because we all met these wears in the world. Who determines the difference. Adam and Eve were naked and when their eyes opened it was leaves they used in covering themselves. Clothing are imported by missionaries and those for men and women were not determined If you say this is for men, how do you know? What knowledge provides that?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Udeh482: 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
Person wey wear skirt na im holy pass abeggie mk man pikin hear word na only God na im kw who dey worship am in truth and. Spirit
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kinglekan: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
pweedyuz:

My dear,,we r still saying d same thing
U asked were in d bible it is nd I responded
Remember I said,,"nt that I'm condemning"

its hypocrisy wen u choose 2 obey a law because it favours u nd leave others cos u can't explain it.....#nd nah then full this thread#.....u r shouting ur wife won't wear trouser meanwhile u r busy screwing all the chicks 4rm diff countries as a bachelor nd e dey common new testament oo,,,u fornicate,,u covet ur neigbours good,,u bear false witness buh ur only problem is "women should nt wear trouser because it is d only law written in d bible"........#ike gi fuchi kwa ebea#...(I wasn't referring 2 u oo)

Cc kinglek.an..

Nicely put dear. grin grin

I thought you were of the opinion that ladies should not wear trousers, didn't know you were only trying to buttress your point.

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Themandator: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
shadowgwalker:
its not about Jesus times, its about the culture of that tradition. Till date they still dress that way. Also, this present time is still Jesus time because he still lives.

He lives forever... But coming to the issue, the op was trying to tie the trouser designs to men even though the Lord himself never wore one.

And if we are to put it down to the culture of places, then even men in Nigeria would be deemed to have erred by putting on trousers.

For me, while it says what Pertains.. . I like to see it this way: using our God given brain to know, according to the times we live in, what belongs to either sex as designed by the designer... There are designs of trouser for men and slightly different ones for women... You don't need to be told when you see them.... Characters like that weird guy that puts on very high heeled footwear and women clothing are the type that offends God or Magic Johnson's son
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
UTEWUOJO:
The Bible have said it all, no reason is justifiable 4 de women 2 put on trouser let alone coming with it 2 de church, & on de issue of skimpy skirt, i thank God 4 my church (Catholic) all de front seats are covered. Lets delibrate on dis issue also, is it ok 4 a woman 2 leave her hair open both @ home & in de church?
For d male hypocrites here ....leviticus 19-27,,,do not cut
the hair on the sides of your head nor cut or trim ur
beard....
now in your own words --- The Bible have said it all, no reason is justifiable 4 de wo 'men'.
pweedyuz
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by judedwriter(m): 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Very debatable topic; however I feel a woman's dressing shouldn't confuse men sexually whether or not she is in skirts or trousers. But with what my two kokoro eyes have seen in this environment, far too many women dress to seduce men, even subconciously! God have mercy on our eyes wink
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
there are trouisers designed only for women only...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Angel Appears At RCCG Ebute Metta / Man Faces Sound System In Direction Of Church That Always 'disturbs' Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.