Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. (32152 Views)

APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio / Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij / "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by eaglechild: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
Warn to inform someone in advance of a possible danger,
problem, or other unpleasant situation.

Warning
something (such as an action or a statement) that
tells someone about possible danger or trouble. : a
statement that tells ...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/warning

We were warned in January of the possibility of being delisted.

However, Buhari in the past 4 months DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to forestall that action from occurring.

The delisting was not inevitable.
It was rather avoidable if the correct policies were put in place.

How can one put in place such policies when there in NO ECONOMIC TEAM on ground.

Buhari is responsible for the present state of the economy.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Tonnierichy(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
Maccoy1:
am not a pmb fan,but you don't have to use hate speech to pass ur msg
Hate? Where is d hate speech? Or u mean d "uncommon" word I used

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by grandstar(m): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obiagelli:
I have read countless comments from the pdp and it's supporters about the decision by JP Morgan to remove Nigeria from it's bond index, the truth of the matter is that they had warned to remove is as far back as January 2015 for currency restrictions.

Was Buhari president in January?

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-05/nigeria-woes-deepen-as-jpmorgan-hits-emefiele-with-debt-warning

NB. I am totally indifferent about currency restrictions or JP Morgan itself.

I heard tonyebarcanista or Barcanista mentioned this as Buhari's failure in his thread.

Buhari government is responsible. He has an incompetent Bank governor who should have been sacked. Buhari's poor understanding of economics is glaring.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Iykopee(m): 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
When they have no solution to proffer to the current economic situations, they began searching for past administration to lay the blame on. The case of APC is simply hopeless.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by omonnakoda: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
Posted at 11.45 and already on front page. I smell propaganda.

Anyway the real question is does it matter what JP Morgan does or says?
This thread is designed to be a proxy for the GEJ vs Buuhari argument which is disappointing.
The Central Bank of Nigeria did not operate under political control under GEJ and I do not believe that is the case now.This is not and should not be a party politiccs issue.
People need to understand What is Nigeria's long term interest in this issue and keep quiet if they do not understand what is going on

The same day that Nigeria Stock exchange lost $ 1 billion the US NASDAQ lost $80 billion. the NSE was worth $65 while the NASDAQ around $8 trillion. The NASDAQ which is in JP Morgan's good books fared a lot worse on the same day.

JP Morgan is a business and a very corrupt one at that.Don't take my word for it

SEARCH

JP Morgan + Scandal

or

JP Morgan + corruption

JP Morgan is an American business that cannot love us more than we love ourselves.

Anyway this topic is meaningless and very few people have he required knowledge to comment dispassionately about it.Why is it on Front page

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by tucky200(m): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2015
UnknownT:
If the refineries working and improvement in electricity can be attributed to Buhari's body language, why wont our delisting from JP Morgan in his tenure be attributed to his body language too? Btw, who the bleep is this JP Morgan sef? Cant he respect Buhari's body language?
jona left 1363 mega watt and told us refinery will not work untill 2016,use ur senses and stop commenting with sentiments

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by sweetgala(m): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2015
jkendy:
I suggest Madam Obiageli shuts her lousy mouth up.
If PMB can take the credit and glory for what the previous administration had earlier laid the foundation, they should equally be ready to accept responsibility for truancy as well

Jonathan had set up many foundations however by his own actions he had ensured those facilities were compromised by enabling people of questionable character as the keepers of the watch. We all know how vandalism and oik theft affected the supply of gas to the electrical generation stations.

Even the director of one the stations mentioned it earlier that apart from a determination of all individuals to embrace the code of honesty the constant supply of gas for power generation has been the difference, therefore Buhari directive for the navy and army to take over the protection of all national lines

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by PassingShot(m): 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
reading... please has anyone called tonyebarcanista yet

well, going by the first paragraph, the warning in January 2015 should have been enough reason for GMB to appoint ministers, set up a cabinet/economic team as soon as he was elected and hit the ground running bearing in mind that election years are more about campaigns and less of administration.

my opinion grin
The loss in Foreign Reserve coupled with continued erosion of Naira value brought about by crash in crude price would not have made any progress possible. Add the fact that the CBN is determined to make it very difficult if not impossible for looters of our treasury dollars to be able to easily exchange or transfer such monies abroad, you'd understand that nothing much could have been done.

And the conditions given by JP Morgan for Nigeria to continue to be part of its Bond Index are not beneficial to the country. So, whichever way you see it, the best option for Nigeria was to dare JP Morgan and live with the immediate consequence of the de-listing.

After some time, Nigeria will learn to live without the manipulative foreign investors of JP Morgan and their likes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Rotimi47: 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
Jonathan/PDP see ona life! undecided
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Abagworo(m): 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Emefiele's approach from last year was good and I guess that is why Buhari retained him. Nigerian situation is peculiar and requires utmost caution or our money becomes tissue paper.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Rotimi47: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
soe:
Of course everyone knows barcanista is only a paid laptop boy...I have said it countless times...that boy needs to go to a university...

That you can read novels doesn't make you less an illiterate.
. You're wicked grin
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
Who is obiagelli?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by ExInferis(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Asito:
If only I know what abi who a JP morgan is

Jerusalem Pilgrim Morgan? Oh he's just this prophet of economic doom.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Asito(m): 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
Caseless:
na one of pdp neighbours be JP MORGAN...na bad man him be.
thank you sir
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by PassingShot(m): 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
angrybull:
Mr. Buhari is totally and comprehensively responsible for jp Morgan removal of Nigeria in their bond index. Any positive or negative that comes from last administration, he must take responsibility.

He is taking praises for improved electric power, and other positive things that comes with last government. So what is is wrong if he takes responsibility for this?

Mr buhari is the leader we know and by so doing he is totally responsible for yanking of Nigeria off jp Morgan bond index.
Let me even agree that PMB is responsible.

The next question is: Could he have done much to avert it? Answer is "NO".

The loss in Foreign Reserve coupled with continued erosion of Naira value brought about by crash in crude price would not have made any progress possible. Add the fact that the CBN is determined to make it very difficult if not impossible for looters of our treasury dollars to be able to easily exchange or transfer such monies abroad, you'd understand that nothing much could have been done.

And the conditions given by JP Morgan for Nigeria to continue to be part of its Bond Index are not beneficial to the country. So, whichever way you see it, the best option for Nigeria was to dare JP Morgan and live with the immediate consequence of the de-listing.

After some time, Nigeria will learn to live without the manipulative foreign investors of JP Morgan and their likes.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by passionate88: 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
But you guys praised him for the 'constant' electricity and upgrading of the nation's refineries.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
reading... please has anyone called tonyebarcanista yet

well, going by the first paragraph, the warning in January 2015 should have been enough reason for GMB to appoint ministers, set up a cabinet/economic team as soon as he was elected and hit the ground running bearing in mind that election years are more about campaigns and less of administration.
Introvert my love, I missed you.

my opinion grin
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by jkendy(m): 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
sweetgala:

Jonathan had set up many foundations however by his own actions he had ensured those facilities were compromised by enabling people of questionable character as the keepers of the watch. We all know how vandalism and oik theft affected the supply of gas to the electrical generation stations.

Even the director of one the stations mentioned it earlier that apart from a determination of all individuals to embrace the code of honesty the constant supply of gas for power generation has been the difference, therefore Buhari directive for the navy and army to take over the protection of all national lines
Dat is exactly the credit I'm talking about, bro
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by omonnakoda: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
eaglechild:
Warn to inform someone in advance of a possible danger,
problem, or other unpleasant situation.

Warning
something (such as an action or a statement) that
tells someone about possible danger or trouble. : a
statement that tells ...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/warning

We were warned in January of the possibility of being delisted.

However, Buhari in the past 4 months DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to forestall that action from occurring.

The delisting was not inevitable.
It was rather avoidable if the correct policies were put in place.

How can one put in place such policies when there in NO ECONOMIC TEAM on ground.

Buhari is responsible for the present state of the economy.
Why is being listed in Nigeria's interest?
Why is being delisted a strategic disadvantage to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by OlaSpeaker(m): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
i have read many comment about this issue and sentiment aside PMB has not utter a word concerning this nor did he take responsibility for the improve power supply when asked what he did concerning the improved power supply he simply said he told the investors to give Nigerians light or return the money the benefitted from the government and to be fair it is not all issues that requires money some only requires a decisive leader who will not tolerate impunity which led to what we are seing in our refineries and improved power supply

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
sparkle10:

The point is lack of fiscal direction by the present government fast tracked the de-listing. JP morgan saw no point in waiting.
Your assumption
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
For how long will APC and their supporters continue to shift blame?

APC is in power and Nigeria is crashing yet they are looking for excuses to blame the last administration.

Why didn't Buhari do anything to forestall the removal? He instead introduced more restriction on the currency yet you want to blame GEJ/PDP.

You guys should man up and take responsibility for your failures.

Ever since may 29th, is been from one blame to another.

Nothing concrete has been achieved, soon it will be 1yr and you guys will still tell us that one year is small.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Billygee2u: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obiagelli:
I have read countless comments from the pdp and it's supporters about the decision by JP Morgan to remove Nigeria from it's bond index, the truth of the matter is that they had warned to remove is as far back as January 2015 for currency restrictions.

Was Buhari president in January?

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-05/nigeria-woes-deepen-as-jpmorgan-hits-emefiele-with-debt-warning
before the removal,has Buhari spent 100days in office or not?
what has he done about it before this time?
Mrs opportunist, attention seeker,by the way who need your opinion in this matter?
posterity will judge you since you have stopped to campaign about the release of Chibok girls and now licking the messy buttocks of Buhari.

NB. I am totally indifferent about currency restrictions or JP Morgan itself.

I heard tonyebarcanista or Barcanista mentioned this as Buhari's failure in his thread.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by 989900: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
omonnakoda:
Posted at 11.45 and already on front page. I smell propaganda.

Anyway the real question is does it matter what JP Morgan does or says?
This thread is designed to be a proxy for the GEJ vs Buuhari argument which is disappointing.
The Central Bank of Nigeria did not operate under political control under GEJ and I do not believe that is the case now.This is not and should not be a party politiccs issue.
People need to understand What is Nigeria's long term interest in this issue and keep quiet if they do not understand what is going on

The same day that Nigeria Stock exchange lost $ 1 billion the US NASDAQ lost $80 billion. the NSE was wort $65 while the NASDAQ around $8 trillion. The NASDAQ which is in JP Morgan's good books fared a lot worse on the same day.

JP Morgan is a business and a very corrupt one at that.Don't take my word for it

JP Morgan + Scandal

or

JP Morgan + corruption

JP Morgan is an American business that cannot love us more than we love ourselves.

Anyway this topic is meaningless and very few people have he required knowledge to comment dispassionately about it.Why is it on Front page

I wish I can like your comment twice.

JP Morgan is not even on our top-ten list of worries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by TopHand: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
People if Tonyebarcanista or Barcanista tell you to you run please dont run ooo just sit don jeje for somewhere the person called Barcanista nay paid PDP agent even if PDP talk say dem want sell the whole Nigeria to Togo Barcanista go talk say na good thing
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I think you don't understand. In January the JP Morgan warned Nigeria over Transparency in our market and others that the CBN took swift action. They NEVER delisted Nigeria. The reason for delistment has everything to do with tinkering of the FX and lack of Fiscal policy by Buhari which has caused lots of discomfort by investors. Go read girl
You should read the article, it clearly states currency manipulations.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Billygee2u: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
shame on you attention seeker bottom licker
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
OK
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
grandstar:

Buhari government is responsible. He has an incompetent Bank governor who should have been sacked. Buhari's poor understanding of economics is glaring.
Buhari alone can't sack the cbn governor

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by freshdude99(m): 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
lincolnj88:
So u mean buhari 3 months of economic idleness has no negative effect on our economy and cant be a factor which led to the jp morgan decision of removing us.... But u believe the same idleness is responsible for electricity improvement through the term body language
Hahaha body language fa body language ni
Don't mind Dem apc
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
PassingShot:

And the conditions given by JP Morgan for Nigeria to continue to be part of its Bond Index are not beneficial to the country.
So, whichever way you see it, the best option for Nigeria was to dare JP Morgan and live with the immediate consequence of the de-listing.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by PassingShot(m): 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
OlaSpeaker:
i have read many comment about this issue and sentiment aside PMB has not utter a word concerning this nor did he take responsibility for the improve power supply when asked what he did concerning the improved power supply he simply said he told the investors to give Nigerians light or return the money the benefitted from the government and to be fair it is not all issues that requires money some only requires a decisive leader who will not tolerate impunity which led to what we are seing in our refineries and improved power supply
Unfortunately, many Nigerians are too gullible to understand the difference a focused and determined leader can make.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

’15m Youths Endorse Yahaya Bello For President’ / Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture / Bayelsa Election: Yenagoa Residents Celebrate, Mock PDP With Songs (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.