Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. (32153 Views)

APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio / Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij / "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
refreshrate:

i completely agree with you but what steps were taken after May 29th towards preventing this? When there was electrcity supply you all said it was his body language, because this impacts negatively his body language danced around it?

Over a hundred days later lets leave the lame campaign promises for now.

No cabinet in place

No economic policies

No nothing

Which direction the country is heading nobody sabi - or do you have an answer to this?

Be honest even a household cannot be run like this.

Nigeria is not GEJ and GEJ is not Nigeria. When you move into a new house and you see some structural defects what is the first thing you do?

start blaming the previous tenants? Meanwhile you kept going on about how if you were the tenant you would take better responsibility of te place.

I really do not understand what you are justifying here and quite frankly obiageli should just go back to the roundabout and continue shouting bring back our girls under the sun and stop trying to justify mediocrity
The only step is to devalue the naira.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by refreshrate: 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
989900:
Between JP Morgan's withdrawal and the withdrawal/unremmited tens of billions of dollars lost to corruption, which is worse?

You guys find excuses to justify your own money being stolen right under your nose, but wail murder on some other guy withdrawing his own money.

Some guys on the Tunde Bakare thread yesterday, even saw no wrong in Orubebe/GEJ giving the pastor $50,000 as transport money!

Same tunde bakare that came out to say this same buhari asked him to sign resignation letter from his post as vice president before the election was even conducted now has a better sin compared to the 50,000 dollar transport fare thing.

I hear you

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by naijaking1: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
Orikinla:
. Many people really need help with ratiocination on Nairaland. Buhari took his oath of office as President of Nigeria on May 29 and there is no way he would have been able to change a decision by a foreign firm months before his swearing in ceremony as the new President of Nigeria. And again, many people are making more noise than sense on this matter and especially those who don't even understand it at all.

The decision to shore up the naira using short term, childish, and controversial techniques such as banning the domicilliary account process was inacted last month under Buhari, not GEJ.
Blame Buhari for appointing people with questionable knowledge of how World economy actually works. Remember Buhari had promised One naira = One dollar when he comes to office.
Unfortunately, he doesn't know that while he can control official rates, he can't control the parellel rate at t he street corners.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by millionaireman: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obiagelli:

Should we have devalued our currency to please JP Morgan?
Even if we did, you will be here to say how the naira has fallen under Buhari

Oby my dear,
Judging from the above statement of yours, I became convinced that you don't know why and how national currencies are valued and devalued.
Depending on trade indices, countries even purposely devalue their currencies to increase their exports. That is for countries with strong manufacturing base anyway.

But a country like Nigeria that hardly exports anything except crude oil cannot comfortably decide what it's currency can value vis a vis other countries' currencies.

Buhari promised during his campaign that he would make one Naira equal to one Dollar. That's the time Nigerians should have taken Ben Johnson from Buhari's campaign. But Jonathan phobia and Igbophobia wouldn't allow them.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by zomoears(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obiagelli:
Full article

“Sanusi had high credibility in the
international markets and both the nature of
his exit and the context resulted in an
increase in Nigerian risk premium, which
has remained,” Jim O’Neill, the former
chairman of Goldman Sachs Asset
Management, who now works as a
Bloomberg View columnist, said in e-mailed
comments from London on Jan. 28.
Negative Watch
JPMorgan, placing Nigeria on “index watch
negative,” said the drop in currency and
bond trading “challenges the ability of
foreign investors to replicate the
benchmark.” The New York-based lender
will make a decision within five months.
Craig Macdonald, a spokesman for JPMorgan
in London, declined to comment.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Alfranco(m): 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obiagelli:
I have read countless comments from the pdp and it's supporters about the decision by JP Morgan to remove Nigeria from it's bond index, the truth of the matter is that they had warned to remove is as far back as January 2015 for currency restrictions.

Was Buhari president in January?

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-05/nigeria-woes-deepen-as-jpmorgan-hits-emefiele-with-debt-warning

NB. I am totally indifferent about currency restrictions or JP Morgan itself.

I heard tonyebarcanista or Barcanista mentioned this as Buhari's failure in his thread.
Your take is quite true on JP Morgan just as the current improvement in electricity power supply is traceable to the past government.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by naijaking1: 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obiagelli:

The only step is to devalue the naira.

What's wrong with devaluing the naira when oil is approaching $20 a barrel?
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
millionaireman:

For your lot, the former Finance minister was "an epic failure."
The minister was a war-time finance manager as well as finance manager for Nigeria - if at all you understand what Nigeria loses internally and from absence of foreign investors monthly through your Boko Haram.

And in the period, Western Economic Intelligence announced to the world that Nigeria's economy had just overtaken South Africa's as Africa's fastest growing economy.

Your lot's response was that it was a lie. That if it was true, majority of Nigeria should not have remained poor. Your lot's next response was to contrive all sorts of falsehood as political propaganda and use them to sack the same government, then replace it with who? Replace it with a new government headed by a man who may not even understand what J.P. Morgan Stanley and listing Stanley and listing stand for.

well your own "lot" will have us worship the woman as our goddess and not ask questions. sorry bro, not happening. you mentioned boko haram, now, who treated that particular monster with kids gloves. remember the " i cant kill them, they are my siblings" speech from an equally clueless president?
ex-president obasanjo cleared our debts before leaving office, now barely 8yrs after we are back neck deep in it that poo.
Yar'adua the sickly president even left a sizable sum in the nation's treasury. Fast forward 6years later and after oil revenue had soared to an all time high, the highest ever in the life of any government in this country, our treasury has taken a huge hit and slumped to the point that the federal government had to borrow money to pay salaries earlier this year. I guess to you and your "lot" all these are worth applauding and commending. Thank God we haven't all lost our sense of what is right and wrong. We will continue to speak up on such fora and hope that our orientation changes for the better. all the best though.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by 989900: 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
refreshrate:

Same tunde bakare that came out to say this same buhari asked him to sign resignation letter from his post as vice president before the election was even conducted now has a better sin compared to the 50,000 dollar transport fare thing.

I hear you

You guys just don't get the drift . . .

It's more about financial recklessness and the attitude/mentality of our people, and less about the mentioned names.

Are we in Grade 3 now?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by 989900: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
naijaking1:

What's wrong with devaluing the naira when oil is approaching $20 a barrel?

Probably this helps:
https://www.nairaland.com/2573929/poison-further-devaluation-naira
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by millionaireman: 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ioannes:

well your own "lot" will have us worship the woman as our goddess and not ask questions. sorry bro, not happening. you mentioned boko haram, now, who treated that particular monster with kids gloves. remember the " i cant kill them, they are my siblings" speech from an equally clueless president?
ex-president obasanjo cleared our debts before leaving office, now barely 8yrs after we are back neck deep in it that poo.
Yar'adua the sickly president even left a sizable sum in the nation's treasury. Fast forward 6years later and after oil revenue had soared to an all time high, the highest ever in the life of any government in this country, our treasury has taken a huge hit and slumped to the point that the federal government had to borrow money to pay salaries earlier this year. I guess to you and your "lot" all these are worth applauding and commending. Thank God we haven't all lost our sense of what is right and wrong. We will continue to speak up on such fora and hope that our orientation changes for the better. all the best though.

How much tax did you pay?
Billions of dollars must have been spent fighting off your Boko brothers in the last six years; apart from Billions of more dollars lost from foreign investors who steered clear of Nigeria due to Boko Haram.

Did Buhari not tell Jonathan government that fighting Boko Haram was like fight against northern Nigeria? Did northern leaders not threaten to take soldiers to The Hague?
If you were Jonathan, would you ignore the north and its leaders' warning and continue to wage fierce battle against Boko Haram?

Abeg, talk better.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by naijaking1: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
millionaireman:

Oby my dear,
Judging from the above statement of yours, I became convinced that you don't know why and how national currencies are valued and devalued.
Depending on trade indices, countries even purposely devalue their currencies to increase their exports. That is for countries with strong manufacturing base anyway.

But a country like Nigeria that hardly exports anything except crude oil cannot comfortably decide what it's currency can value vis a vis other countries' currencies.

Buhari promised during his campaign that he would make one Naira equal to one Dollar. That's the time Nigerians should have taken Ben Johnson from Buhari's campaign. But Jonathan phobia and Igbophobia wouldn't allow them.

When the political veil of confusion is removed from all this, Ngozi Okonjo and other financial experts with the knowledge, skills, and expertise to run an economy will begin to look beautiful to Buhari; if he really wanted to fix the economy.
Otherwise he fill the financial appointment cadre with economic quacks who will always prescribe the wrong policy and turn around to blame others when things go wrong.
And the World and investors will be watching!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by refreshrate: 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
989900:

You guys just don't get the drift . . .

It's more about financial recklessness and the attitude/mentality of our people, and less about the mentioned names.

Are we in Grade 3 now?

The drift being GMB had good intentions when he asked bakare to sign resignation letter even before the elections or what precisely are you justifying?

Yes PDP had financial recklessness in their alley does that now make the intent of asking your vice president to sign his resignation even before the elections a much better thing?

Seriously what could possibly have been the good intent to that?

Im waiting.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by alexlee50: 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obiageli struggling for aattention, relevance and appointment since 1860
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by InvertedHammer: 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
/
Nigerians are really stupid.
Why would this bond issue be a problem? Why will Nigeria continue to swallow the bitter pills of the economic policies of the West? We tried SAP and currency devaluation and it didn't work. Has it not occurred to folks that the only thing developed countries sell is debt. Can one tell me the list of mineral resources in UK.

In Nigeria, when we want a car, we work hard, save money and buy it. But so-called developed nations do not operate like that. They want to.sell.debts. They call it mortgage, car or unsecured loans. You borrow $100 to pay back $120. And in the system, they leave out one important aspect--cash. Cash is king! Not being able to sell debt is good and bad. As a matter of fact, Nigeria should try and stay away from the debt market. USA is very deep in debt. But that is money they owe to themselves. Most of the USA debt is to the Fed Reserves. When Zenith bank owes Zenith bank, it is not as bad as XYZ company owing Zenith because Zenith can write off its debt and rebalance their book. But it will hunt down XYZ for unserviced debt.
Now watch some people that read some textbooks centered on the economic policies formulation of the West to come and vomit their defense of the bond market which they verily and practically do not understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by naijaking1: 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
989900:

Probably this helps:

We all know how politics and sociology affects the economy, that's not the question.
What we produce and export(oil) has the most direct influence on the value of our naira.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by omonnakoda: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
eaglechild:

Please refer to the link and read the full article.
In other words you have no idea or understanding.
JP Morgan is a correupt and tainted organization.

Anyone interested can search JP Mogan + scandal OR corruption

There is no non Western country that has prospered without a home grown economic blueprint. The blueprints of the likes of JP Morgan do not work in China,India,Brazil etc.

There is no strategic benefit to this listing. JP Morgan lacks the credibility to tell Nigeria what to do

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
So instead of fixing the problem, you are here playing the blame game, monkeys and baboons undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by CaptPlanet(m): 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
I have my reservations about commenting on politics but that doesn't mean I'm not politically aware.

I'm all for the progress and development of my country regardless of who/what party is in power. What I don't like is this blame game trash going on in our political sphere. Our politicians are so unreliable that they never accept responsibilities of their office and it's beginning to trickle down to the citizens.

Is defending Buhari or GEJ going to change the economy of the country? Will it reverse the negative effects of JPP Morgan's decision?

Ok so Buhari wasn't President when the warning was issued, then what?

Should your loyalty be to Nigeria or GEJ and Buhari?

FFS, you guys should stop allowing yourselves to be used as puppets while these guys ruin the country, our country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by omonnakoda: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
refreshrate:

I hear you

Can you provide a reference for this resignation letter claim please?
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by 989900: 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
refreshrate:

The drift being GMB had good intentions when he asked bakare to sign resignation letter even before the elections or what precisely are you justifying?

Yes PDP had financial recklessness in their alley does that now make the intent of asking your vice president to sign his resignation even before the elections a much better thing?

Seriously what could possibly have been the good intent to that?

Im waiting.

The below is the original comment:

Between JP Morgan's withdrawal and the withdrawal/unremmited tens of billions of dollars lost to corruption, which is worse?

You guys find excuses to justify your own money being stolen right under your nose, but wail murder on some other guy withdrawing his own money.

Some guys on the Tunde Bakare thread yesterday, even saw no wrong in Orubebe/GEJ giving the pastor $50,000 as transport money!

1. The parts in bold is the drift.

2. The part in italics is an example, I could go one further with examples such as Abacha's loot, OBJ's, IBB's, Shagari's mismanagement, Abdusalami's, GEJ's, Diezani's/NNPC's, EFCC's alleged unremitted funds, all have far greater negative effect on the economy, both individually and cumulatively.

And the sorry part is, you still have same people trying to justify/make a case for them thieves, but same sorry set of people think '2012 JP Morgan's' withdrawal is murder/suicide.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by BushidoBlue(m): 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obiagelli:

Should we have devalued our currency to please JP Morgan?
Even if we did, you will be here to say how the naira has fallen under Buhari

Quite contrary. [size=13pt]Devaluation of our currency means investors coming with dollars can invest in our economy with less capital than usual, giving rise to more employment (should they choose to build factories or set up companies here in Nigeria).[/size]

I'm guessing GEJ is responsible for that also. When I hear people call others with contrary opinions wailers I laugh.

You won't get far with misleading news and propaganda.
This Government is resuming late for work and it will have a terrible effect on the economy.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by melzabull(f): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
APC and their supporters are a bunch of useless hypocrites starting from the nonsense op.

#spits on their ugly faces
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by smuth(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obiagelli:
I have read countless comments from the pdp and it's supporters about the decision by JP Morgan to remove Nigeria from it's bond index, the truth of the matter is that they had warned to remove is as far back as January 2015 for currency restrictions.

Was Buhari president in January?

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-05/nigeria-woes-deepen-as-jpmorgan-hits-emefiele-with-debt-warning

NB. I am totally indifferent about currency restrictions or JP Morgan itself.

I heard tonyebarcanista or Barcanista mentioned this as Buhari's failure in his thread.

Are you admitting that even Buhari's body language cannot make JP Morgan change their mind? The bottom line is they don't trust Buhari's administration. It doesn't matter who was president in January, the decision was carried out during Buhari's tenure so please don't defend Buhari and his daft policies.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by johnnynwa(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
Please, is this woman the minister for information? Why some of these mosquitoes tend to sing for PMB? Do they not have any other thing to do at home? Anyway, ministerial positioning...
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by 989900: 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
naijaking1:

We all know how politics and sociology affects the economy, that's not the question.
What we produce and export(oil) has the most direct influence on the value of our naira.

No. Well some influence but not 'direct'. If it does, what was the exchange rate when OBJ was selling oil at $30/barrel, and what was it when GEJ was selling at $140/barrel?

Obviously, you didn't go through that thread.

Do so at your leisure.

P.S. We save/make/gain roughly 1 billion Naira daily on fuel subsidy since June.

If the exchange rate were any better, we would actually be paying almost nothing of the N22/litre the gov't currently pays/day on subsidy.

Maybe at N85/litre, we would actually be paying some sum as fuel tax instead.
#cheaperoilprices
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by refreshrate: 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
omonnakoda:

Can you provide a reference for this resignation letter claim please?

i thought youd never ask

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3fdCqeEGsc
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by BushidoBlue(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
millionaireman:

For your lot, the former Finance minister was "an epic failure."
The minister was a war-time finance manager as well as finance manager for Nigeria - if at all you understand what Nigeria loses internally and from absence of foreign investors monthly through your Boko Haram.

And in the period, Western Economic Intelligence announced to the world that Nigeria's economy had just overtaken South Africa's as Africa's fastest growing economy.

Your lot's response was that it was a lie. That if it was true, majority of Nigeria should not have remained poor. Your lot's next response was to contrive all sorts of falsehood as political propaganda and use them to sack the same government, then replace it with who? Replace it with a new government headed by a man who may not even understand what J.P. Morgan Stanley and listing Stanley and listing stand for.
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by refreshrate: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
smuth:

Are you admitting that even Buhari's body language cannot make JP Morgan change their mind? The bottom line is they don't trust Buhari's administration. It doesn't matter who was president in January, the decision was carried out during Buhari's tenure so please don't defend Buhari and his daft policies.

Gbamestest!

You my good sir just made it to one of the most reasonable posts ever on NL

For this i honor you sir and i respect that which you respect

May you live a very long and fulfilling life (clicking like alone just didnt seem worthy of this)
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by BushidoBlue(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
refreshrate:

i thought youd never ask

My God in Heaven!!!
These guys are Satanic!!!!
Re: Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. by omonnakoda: 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
refreshrate:

I hear you

refreshrate:

i thought youd never ask

Are you a liar or an illiterate where in any of that does it say "BUHARI" ASKED HIM TO DO THAT?

Why must you tell stupid lies just to score cheap points?
He was clearly referring to the AC Personalities and why the merger failed
at best we can only speculate since he did not name any person.What we do know to be a fact according to him is he did not sign such a resignation and HE WAS Buhari's running mate in 2011 after the merger talks broke down

The widespread allegation (unsubstantiated as it is) is that it was Tinubu who asked him to do this. Logically that makes more sense if they were having merger talks . Why would Buhari ask for that having nominated him? On the other hand it is logical for Tinubu to ask for something in return so please stop the LIES

Even on your Youtube Link It mentions Tinubu explicitly

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

’15m Youths Endorse Yahaya Bello For President’ / Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture / Bayelsa Election: Yenagoa Residents Celebrate, Mock PDP With Songs (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.