Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Tell Us About Your Marriage - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tell Us About Your Marriage (83607 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by touchmeder: 10:34am On Sep 22, 2009
malaika thank God for your husband oh
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Malaika,

Are you serious OMG shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Thank God for your family!!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Sir Kay

Nice one!! I am really happy for you, everything is working together for your good.
I pray the same for myself, but 4 kids, lol,. mba nu!!! Your wife tried o!! grin grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by SirKay3(m): 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ aysometin,

Thanks be to God for everything. We agreed on two kids before our marriage, but they were boys. She wanted a girl and we had the third, a girl. The 2nd girl we had was just a dash from God.

I pray all works for the best for you o.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Pwaves(f): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ malaika, God is on your side and will always be the insha Allah.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2009
Sir Kay:

@ aysometin,

Thanks be to God for everything. We agreed on two kids before our marriage, but they were boys. She wanted a girl and we had the third, a girl. The 2nd girl we had was just a dash from God.

I pray all works for the best for you o.

Amen o !! my brother
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by oYaTo(m): 9:11am On Sep 25, 2009
@malaika meeeen thanks be to God for your husband oo. .that was a close shave! shocked

@Sir Kay no wahala jare. .really happy for you. . wink
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by lollyefisi: 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2009
Hello all, thanks for sharing your experiences. This is a very nice thread.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by nicolac1(f): 3:52am On Oct 04, 2009
I met my husband 3 years ago on the underground in Barcelona. He tried to talk to me when I had in my earphones in so i told him to get lost!! I then felt bad and apologised to him for the way i had spoken to him & then realised just how handsome he was! I was only travelling 2 stops so we only had a very brief chat, i got off at my stop & then realised he had gotten off too. He invited me for a beer, we started dating and we got married in Nigeria last year!

My family disapproved of our relationship from the start and are only slowly coming around to it now and i was realyl worried about meeting his family in Nigeria but they were really lovely to me & made me feel very welcome. It is now coming up to our 1st wedding anniversary & although we've faced a lot of opposition in lots of ways im really glad i met him.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2009
nicola c:

I met my husband 3 years ago on the underground in Barcelona. He tried to talk to me when I had in my earphones in so i told him to get lost!! I then felt bad and apologised to him for the way i had spoken to him & then realised just how handsome he was! I was only travelling 2 stops so we only had a very brief chat, i got off at my stop & then realised he had gotten off too. He invited me for a beer, we started dating and we got married in Nigeria last year!

My family disapproved of our relationship from the start and are only slowly coming around to it now and i was realyl worried about meeting his family in Nigeria but they were really lovely to me & made me feel very welcome. It is now coming up to our 1st wedding anniversary & although we've faced a lot of opposition in lots of ways im really glad i met him.

The foundation of your marriage is 'beer' grin Just kidding!! Congrats!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by ubiaa5(f): 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2009
ok lets go.i met my husband when we were both students in unical,he squatted 4 a few wks with his cousins who were my neighbors,while tried 2 get accomodations on campus.Anyway one evening while i was sitting on my balcony,he asked his cousin to call me,since i did not know him i played hard 2 get n ignored him.long story short days later we met on our street on my way back from sch, he told me he was d one that sent for me a few daysback.Hard 2 believe but clicked at hello,we spent abt 4hrs that evening talking in front of my house we even sang 2 each other.we started dating from then on this was in 95,we saw each other everyday aslong as we were in d same town.He left for d US in 97 by then we were engaged n he came home once or twice a yr.Its getting boring now,anyway we got married in 01 btwn then n now we have 5 kids n were r as crazy abt each other now as we were on day one.my hubby is hands down the most loving, caring, romantic guy there is n he dosent joke with me.i love this topic. to be continued↓

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by nicolac1(f): 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2009
@aysometin - Well i am Irish so he worked out quickly the way to my heart grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by kirkcee: 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2009
This is an interesting trend, i met my husband in the church the choir to be precise, it was love at first sight though we were quite controlled like we knew it would all happen the way it is now. He had a relationship but quited for me and it was a hell of a struggle cos the ex didnt want to let go, but @ long last we got married this year though its not been easy financially and we do not have much outside support but God's blessing.
he is very loving and caring and i believe if i keep doing things right and with God's help we would keep the fire burning cos we have a whole lot of things in common asides from romance.
Inlaws are sometimes pain in the neck sha but our own co-operation together is what matters.

Marriage is no all fun, but then temptation to cheat can always be curbed through openess and good communication, i personally find it irritating to cheat its just not my style.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by otokx(m): 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2009
Nice one kirkcee
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by OEO: 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2009
My story.

I met my wife after my NYSC in 1994.
first and foremost, I was like a big brother, but later discovered I loved her so much. I proposed to her about 6mnths later and begged her to go and think and also pray about it. I left for another 8mnths
After which she came back to accept my proposal. Lest I forget, Iheard directly from God that she wl be my wife, even though, that was the very first time I wl hear GOD speaking to me.
We got married in year 2004. We now have a girl and a boy. I was able to cheat on her twice. I feel so horrible about it, but she denied me at the very worst period. We quarel few times, but we never consider anytime to quit.
I wl give the remaining story in due course.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by benedictac(f): 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2009
I met my husband in a commercial bus on my way to work. few days after he asked for my hand in marriage, i asked to come and see my pastor if if was searious and he did. Within 6months of our courtship we did our marriage counselling and the wedding was done.

My marriage has been sweet, but that does not mean that there were no time(s) we quarelled oh. There are thing in my marriage that ordinarily i dont think any other man can do it. Just imagine the woman being in total control of the money. I mean both his and mine are in one account and i am the sole signatory to the account. But i will never abuse that. And so many others

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Atreus(f): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2009
1. I bumped into my wife at a business conference.
2. First,her boobs. They were the first things i saw(not that i was looking for them o. They just happened to be in my line of vision). Her sense of humour was and still is so very refreshing. As i got to know her,her kindness,spunk,temper(yeah!),her deep sense of family(something we share) etc. I was also attracted to how she's a balanced woman,she's not one of those giggly,brainless girls or the ultra-serious i've-got-to-save the world-from-itself-and-so-do-you type,how she's assertive without being irritatingly feminist. I'm attracted to how she understood me,i'm not gonna say no woman's ever understood me,but with her,we're on a different wavelength. I could go on and on.
3. I proposed. Took a boat out for the weekend,fished,made dinner(which we had on deck by the sunset) and popped the question.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Wumine(f): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2009
- How we met: At work. He was rounding up his NYSC while i just got placement for my IT in the same office. That was January 1999.

- What attracted me: His gentle nature, good looks & most importantly he was (and still is) very religious

- Who proposed:[/b]He did of course! in 2003, dint work out, then again in 2007

- [b]Who opposed:
Everybody! It was war, coming from different parts of the country and religious background. Its a whole story on its own (Thinking of writing a book on that!!!!  smiley smiley

- The wedding: Oh! It came to pass last March year. Had 2 weddings, one at my place and and the other at his place;
- The honeymoon - Jos and Yankari in Bauchi, Nigeria

- Made a mistake choosing my partner? - NO

- Tempted to be unfaithful: NEVER! When u love someone this much, it doesn't come to your mind.

- How long: FOREVER  Hopefully smiley by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by oYaTo(m): 9:04am On Oct 20, 2009
Nice stories everyone cheesy

Atreus:

Her sense of humour was and still is so very refreshing. As i got to know her,her kindness,spunk,temper(yeah!),her deep sense of family(something we share) etc. I was also attracted to how she's a balanced woman,she's not one of those giggly,brainless girls or the ultra-serious i've-got-to-save the world-from-itself-and-so-do-you type,how she's assertive without being irritatingly feminist. I'm attracted to how she understood me,i'm not gonna say no woman's ever understood me,but with her,we're on a different wavelength. I could go on and on.

@Atreus Really liked how u described your wife's qualities. .I'm not married yet, but I'd definitely like to get hooked to someone with those qualities. . wink
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Coco29(f): 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2009
i was 15 he was 21( yes he was) he waited untill i was 16 he proposed we got married have wonderful children stayed together for 10 years.

THEN HE BECAME A WOMANISING MONSTER WHO I REGRETED EVER MARRYING, I LEFT HIM DIVORCED HIM AND THANKS TO HIM I AM AN INDEPENDANT WOMAN, I HAVE GROWN IN SO MANY WAYS ALL BECAUSE I WAS MARRIED TO AN ASS WHO BY THE WAY IS A WONDERFUL FATHER BELIEVE IT OR NOT LoVE HIS KIDS TO BIT.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by pinkylady1(f): 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2009
wow smiley cant blv i read all thru till i got to this point

uhm, marriage? i must say the replies are really interesting smiley smiley
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by lovelynk(f): 5:46am On Oct 22, 2009
nice thread.will post ma story soon
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by vission: 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2009
well for me, if i had known what i know now when i was rushing to get married, i'm sure i would have slowed down a whole lot more, i hope the singles among us are reading with their heart and not just seeing everything as stories, hmmmmn, okay o. sad sad sad
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by honeric01(m): 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2009
uhmm, uhmmm
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by showoff(f): 9:58am On Dec 09, 2009
How we met: We met while i was helping out my mum to sell in her shop,his car broke down and he was trying to fix it sumwhere near Mum's shop.He noticed me and tried chatting me up.
- What attracted me: he was cool headed and responsible.oh yes his persistency:
- Who proposed:He did of course.
- Who opposed: Only one person,a friend who happens to be my Ex's friend.How i wish i had listened to him but I didn't because I felt he was trying to protect his friend's interest

- The wedding: It was ok at my HomeTown,it happened over 3 yrs ago.
- The honeymoon - Nigeria
- Made a mistake choosing my partner? - Capital yes,infact he is the greatest mistake of my life

- Tempted to be unfaithful: Yes am tempted to because he doesn't appreciate me,does not value me,he doesn't send me any longer.In fact he has neglected and abandoned me and the kids.the funniest thing is that Guys appreciate me outside and they always say my hubby is lucky cos of my nature:friendly,humorous,no dull moment,intelligent,jovial,outspoken).They see this in meaning outside and appreciate it.Some even say ,if not that you are married.So tell me why i wont be tempted to.

- How long:I don't know,if he is willing to change,forever.if not anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by fun4me2(f): 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2010
hmnnnnnnn, nicest thread, cant stop visiting this page
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by selencious(f): 7:35pm On Feb 09, 2010
I will when im married-soon. smiley smiley
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by honeric01(m): 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2010
i will tell you later tongue
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by rosita112: 12:30am On Feb 10, 2010
my marriage sucks at the moment, despite the fact i dated him for 12yrs and we've only been married for 2yrs. He disvirgined me, it was all puppy love initially, I was madly in love with this man and i swear i could do anything for the MF. We finally got married cos i got pregnant again after so many abortions and our families saw it as the next step after so many yrs of courtship. No honey moon, i had to travel alone to have my baby abroad. just a few months back home i got a maid to assist me with my son and right under my nose he was sleeping with her. I caught them totally naked, he was on the floor fucking the maid that had just stayed with us for 3weeks. We made love that same night and he left me and his son on the bed to go sleep with the maid on the floor in the guest room in the pretense of putting on the gen at night, i just woke up cos it seemed longer than usuall to take him to get the light on and i thought he was having problems with the gen, i only wanted to go help him and i received the greatest shock of my life. I have been traumatized since then. i reported the matter to my inlaws and my mum. it was just too much for me to stomach. he begged and begged and i forgave him but i just cant get that scene away from my head. we talked about it and i tried to get to the root of the matter and i just cant seem to see what would make him desire the maid even after we bleeped that night. i have become so bitter and angry. the slightest thing ticks me off and most times i just want a divorce. i have sacrificed alot for my husband, i had to give up my job to travel to have our baby, i stood by him in his trying times even when none of his siblings or family could be of any help. i should have known better that a guy that cheats when dating will continue even in marriage. i cant believe he would risk throwing his marriage for just a few seconds pleasure, it's not as if i deny him intimacy, i gave in whenever he wanted it. i feel nothing but hate now and all the love is dead and gone. Yes i made the biggest mistake of marrying him. i had numerous offers of guys begging for my hand in marriage but i was just a stupid girl in love with the wrong guy. he says it was a mistake and he was tipsy it wont happen again, i don't trust him anymore and he has made me very suspicious of every call, meeting or place he goes. i don't want to live like this. i keep thinking of leaving and my son is the reason i'm holding on, i will try to salvage whats left, some days are ok and most days are filled with sadness. is this what it means when u say for better or for worse in those vows?
i used to think marriage is forever but not anymore. my whole believe system has changed. i keep praying for God to heal my heart and help me. these days sef i find it hard to pray. i am just an emotional wreck but i try to put up a strong woman face. plz for singles out there if u are in a relationship, watch out what u will not tolerate when married dont tolerate when dating. make sur the man or woman u intend spending the rest of ur life share the same values as u too.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by honeric01(m): 1:06am On Feb 10, 2010
rosita112:

my marriage sucks at the moment, despite the fact i dated him for 12yrs and we've only been married for 2yrs. He disvirgined me, it was all puppy love initially, I was madly in love with this man and i swear i could do anything for the MF. We finally got married cos i got pregnant again after so many abortions and our families saw it as the next step after so many yrs of courtship. No honey moon, i had to travel alone to have my baby abroad. just a few months back home i got a maid to assist me with my son and right under my nose he was sleeping with her. I caught them totally unclothed, he was on the floor bleeping the maid that had just stayed with us for 3weeks. We made love that same night and he left me and his son on the bed to go sleep with the maid on the floor in the guest room in the pretense of putting on the gen at night, i just woke up cos it seemed longer than usuall to take him to get the light on and i thought he was having problems with the gen, i only wanted to go help him and i received the greatest shock of my life. I have been traumatized since then. i reported the matter to my inlaws and my mum. it was just too much for me to stomach. he begged and begged and i forgave him but i just cant get that scene away from my head. we talked about it and i tried to get to the root of the matter and i just cant seem to see what would make him desire the maid even after we bleeped that night. i have become so bitter and angry. the slightest thing ticks me off and most times i just want a divorce. i have sacrificed alot for my husband, i had to give up my job to travel to have our baby, i stood by him in his trying times even when none of his siblings or family could be of any help. i should have known better that a guy that cheats when dating will continue even in marriage. i cant believe he would risk throwing his marriage for just a few seconds pleasure, it's not as if i deny him intimacy, i gave in whenever he wanted it. i feel nothing but hate now and all the love is dead and gone. Yes i made the biggest mistake of marrying him. i had numerous offers of guys begging for my hand in marriage but i was just a silly girl in love with the wrong guy. he says it was a mistake and he was tipsy it wont happen again, i don't trust him anymore and he has made me very suspicious of every call, meeting or place he goes. i don't want to live like this. i keep thinking of leaving and my son is the reason i'm holding on, i will try to salvage whats left, some days are ok and most days are filled with sadness. is this what it means when u say for better or for worse in those vows?
i used to think marriage is forever but not anymore. my whole believe system has changed. i keep praying for God to heal my heart and help me. these days sef i find it hard to pray. i am just an emotional wreck but i try to put up a strong woman face. plz for singles out there if u are in a relationship, watch out what u will not tolerate when married dont tolerate when dating. make sur the man or woman u intend spending the rest of your life share the same values as u too.

dang, painful i bet lipsrsealed sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by oYaTo(m): 6:05am On Feb 10, 2010
Meeen rosita. .that's really painful. . sad

I learnt a thing or two from your story sha. . undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply)

10 Important Roles Of A Father / My Son Caught I And His Mother In The Most Embarassing Way / I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.