Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Tell Us About Your Marriage - Family (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tell Us About Your Marriage (83502 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by KanwuliaExtra: 9:04am On Jun 01, 2019
When is “the OP” gonna tell us about “is”?
10 years +++ don pass na!
Habaaaaa! tongue

Wey all DOZ wey don marry from NL? wink
We dey wait ooooooooo. . . . Come tell us how “sweet and easy” ya marriages are. cheesy

Don’t be shyyyyyyyyy. . . . . Easy to make mouth abi?

Muchechecheche
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by mostyg(m): 10:44am On Jun 01, 2019
kikelomo:
I'm not married (yet at least), so i guess this conversation ain't for me, but i'm waiting to hear your responses so i can listen and learn smiley

Are you married now? �
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by mostyg(m): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
harakiri:
I'll be back on or before 2018.Maybe i'll be married by then.

It's now 2019

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Spechialone(f): 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hmmmmm... just a few of these monickers are still active (prolly using new monickers). But in all it's a good read, and I wish everyone, what they wish themselves.

Ehen! Mr Right, Show Thyself!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Generaloluseye: 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
Spechialone:
Hmmmmm... just a few of these monickers are still active (prolly using new monickers). But in all it's a good read, and I wish everyone, what they wish themselves.

Ehen! Mr Right, Show Thyself!!!

Here I am

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by missimelda01(f): 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
This thread is over 10years wow shocked

Elders I greet o.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Spechialone(f): 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2019
Generaloluseye:

Here I am
... lol
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by missidy: 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
Learnt a lot. I hope to come here soon and write mine by God's grace.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
Good to know some people out there are enjoying marriage...... I guess its working for those who are disciplined and sincerely love their significant other for love bears and endures all things...... Based on experience marriage is a scam to me
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by kellight(m): 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2020
I got married to a very beautiful Edo girl July 16 2016 against all the warning from my parents and friends, blessed with two wonderful children, marriage ended August 3 2018, don't ask me what happened. End of story

Modified
I can say I kinda enjoyed being married, its was a nice experience and I really wish to get married again but this time to a real woman not a Feminist

7 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by SweetCunt97(f): 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
MSY:
hmm ... it'll be one hell of a miracle .
its very simple , i am not happy .
and i'm getting old .
Hope you have kids now sir

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Godons1: 5:38am On Feb 06, 2020
egopersonified:

Erhhh, OK so didn't last forever as expected, lost him to death exactly five months after this post. But I have never had the 'why me' thoughts, life is so full of so many sweet surprises. I had actually forgotten about the rings part Of this story, all I can say is, God has never failed.

Oo, so sorry about your lost.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Teerach: 6:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
I'm not done reading but I'm definitely crying cos everyone that posted is so mature, humble, responsible n no bashing people. Good old Nl days I guess.

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Katier00(f): 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
Wow this thread. Well marriage is a huge blessing to some and a death trap to others. I love me now than married
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by jeff1607(m): 7:05am On Feb 07, 2020
Teerach:
I'm not done reading but I'm definitely crying cos everyone that posted is so mature, humble, responsible n no bashing people. Good old Nl days I guess.

wanted to say the same thing

the good old days

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Denis08: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
My wedding was a perfect one beginning with the proposal (on a private plane) and ending with magnificent fireworks after the midnite at our wedding party. And our friend who couldn't come to our wedding sent us their wishes and congratulations on marriage with beautiful words through a video.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by SweetOnugbo: 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2021
kellight:
I got married to a very beautiful Edo girl July 16 2016 against all the warning from my parents and friends, blessed with two wonderful children, marriage ended August 3 2018, don't ask me what happened. End of story

Modified
I can say I kinda enjoyed being married, its was a nice experience and I really wish to get married again but this time to a real woman not a Feminist

Please what do you mean by feminist??
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by GboyegaD(m): 5:46am On Feb 14, 2022
Nice thread.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Nezzjnr: 9:10am On Feb 14, 2022
Nice
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Chummynoni(m): 9:38am On Feb 14, 2022
I love this thread despite the fact that it was an old one.. I wish the recent generation of nairalanders could emulate this old nairalanders. God bless you all whereever you are now.

I met my wife in 2012 through eskimi(social media). We were both young then(18 and 20) I was always disturbing her with mssg but she wouldnt reply, and there was a day I started introducing myself and I told her that I am a student of OOU(100L), and she replied that she was seeking admission into OOU. She said she has a postjamb to write, and she had no place to stay for the night, being a player then, I thought I could take advantage of her, but the day she came over, I had a different thought. She was so calm and looking innocent like a new baby. She spent the night at my place without closing her eyes for a second because she was so scared I could take advantage of her , but she was wrong because I had a change of mind when I set my eyes on her. She wrote the postjamb and when the result came out, she had 24 which was low for law , and I put a call across to her that she needed to do change of course. During all this time, I had up to 7girlfriends, even the day she came to do the change of course because it had to be done manually, I was inside with a lady moaning loud that the girl(now my wife) had to wait outside, and when we were done, I had to see my guest off, and before I came back, my visitor(now my wife) had laid the bed I just had sex on
Note: I had not asked her out then, I didnt even see her like someone I could date because she was so innocent and I was the opposite so I didnt want it to be as if I took advantage of her naivety.
During all this time she came to do change of course, I pushed 3 of my good friends to her to ask her out so she wouldnt feel isolated but she turned them down and one of my friends said and I quote" mumu, you no see say na wife God carry con give u?, but toto wey u de Bleep up and down no make u open eyes c am"cheesy immediately he said this, it was as if my eyes were opened and my brain greased with oil, and I thought about it for 2days but unfortuantely, she had left for lagos because we were through with the change of course palava.
We kept talking on phone casually, and I decided to go to lagos to ask her out but she didnt know, and when I got to lagos, I called her to come see, and I pop the question if she would like to be my girlfriend and she said yes. I was happy but my happiness was cut short when she got home and she called me that she didnt mean the yes but she just wanted to make me happy at that momentcheesy I was down and I went back to school but fortunately, a week later, her name came out on the admission list, and she had to come down to school again to pay acceptance fee. I spoke to her about my love again and she said yes on 22/08/2012(wednesdaycheesy and I told her to kiss me if she really meant the yes, but she said no that she had never kissed before but she allowed me peck her, and that was the beginning of our love story. So many friends warned me not to break her heart because she was so tender and innocent. Gradually, I let go of all my gfs because this girl had everything I wanted in a girl, and you know what happens when the koko master fall in love*Dbanj* we dated platonically for 2years before we had sex angry and she said and I quote"I have made vow to God that 2men would not see my unclothedness, and if you leave me, that means I would remain single till I die" In my mind, I was like, who wan leave you before? grin, I die here.
2weeks later, she came to lagos to see her family,she was to menstruate, but menstruation didnt come oo, cryshe was in 200L while I was in 300L. I left school for lagos so I could take her to hospital for test. we went to almost 10 hospitals because whenever we got to the gate of the hospitals, she wouldn't enter because she was shy and scared embarassed. Las las I took her to one private hospital at a very quiet environment , and we entered. The doctor took her to the room to collect sample , and after some minutes, I heard my girl crying loudly, and I knew immediately that water don pass garricheesy. She came out to meet me crying bitterly with mucus all over her nose. I myself was ashamed. Lol
The doctor said she was pregnant but it was still at early stage, and he asked what our plans for the pregnancy, I told him no plancheesy. He asked if I have what it takes to take care of a baby being a young guy and a student, I told him NO, and he said if we want to abort, it would only take an injection which was 5k because the foetus was only blood, I told him NO bluntly, and I held my girl's hand , we left the hospital. I had 17k in my picket , and I took my girl to my mum , I explained everything to her, and she told my girl not to worry that everything would be sorted out. Abeg make I make the long story short because plenty water dan pass under the bridge. We got married lastyear after dating for 9years , and the pregnancy then is a baby boy that would be 7years on MAY 1st. We call him toluwalase(God's verdict is final). We are married now, and we still do like boyfriend and girlfriend and nothing gives me Joy than when friends/family ask if we had ever argued/quarreled before because they have never seen that. Lol

Advise to the unmarried folks: please, dont have the mindset that there is no perfect relationship/marriage, there is and mine is one. For this 10years, we never had any reason for quarrel of any sort. Just define your relationship from onset , and you would be glad you found love. Gracias
Happy val

To the love na scam crew:
Love is never a scam , it is either you are dating an idiot, or you are the idiot undecided

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by mitchelle16(f): 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2022
This tread made me cry, broke my bones and rendered me speechless I have fallen in love once and totally given up on the word love. But seeing all this stories I can’t help but cry and believe there is still real love out there hope to find mine someday...the good old days of Nairaland
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Lightway: 9:47pm On Feb 14, 2022
kellight:

Modified

Dem don show oga pepper

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Baba40(f): 8:54am On Feb 15, 2022
I got married to someone I loved against all odds but unfortunately the feeling wasn't mutual... To be honest with her, she tried but I wasn't growing enough on her. Her family members too wasn't helping issues. She had to go this year... Wasted years with no Child.

I still believe in Marriage but to a woman am very sure is crazy about me

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by 22o62021: 10:34am On Feb 15, 2022
Bring this topic back to front page

NL old glories

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Airnigma(f): 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2022
Old but still very good....this thread brings hope to someone like me who's on the verge of giving up on being able to love and trust again lipsrsealed
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Baba40(f): 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2022
[quote author=Airnigma post=110247701]Old but still very good....this thread brings hope to someone like me who's on the verge of giving up on being able to love and
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2022
Baba40:
I got married to someone I loved against all odds but unfortunately the feeling wasn't mutual... To be honest with her, she tried but I wasn't growing enough on her. Her family members too wasn't helping issues. She had to go this year... Wasted years with no Child.

I still believe in Marriage but to a woman am very sure is crazy about me
So this time around you want a woman who is crazy about you even when you still don't make effort to grow on her? undecided

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by jeff1607(m): 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
kellight:

Modified

I won’t ask what happened but I’m guessing she was stubborn
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
jeff1607:
I won’t ask what happened but I’m guessing she was stubborn
And he wasn't? undecided

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by jeff1607(m): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And he wasn't? undecided

Edo girls and stubbornness be like 5&6 , talk one them give you two

You need lots of patience while some can be domineering

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / My Son Caught I And His Mother In The Most Embarassing Way / I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.