Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,194 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns (2646 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senator Yayi Tells Hameed Ali: "Go Back And Wear Uniform" / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by benedictnsi(m): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
As part of the measures to carry out Buhari’s
directive to rid the nation of corruption,the new
Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs
Service, Col. Hameed Ali has demanded for the
files of top officers of the service.

Ali on Friday evening said corrupt officers and
men of the agency will go to jail and that all
Customs Area Controllers, heads of units and
departments will be accountable for infraction
dealing with false declaration, deliberate
misapplication of the tariff, undervaluation and
concealment.

Ali read the Riot Act at his first meeting with all
officers and men at the Customs Headquarters, in Abuja. He said: “Since I took over yesterday
(Thursday), I have been receiving briefing notes
to enhance my understanding of the Nigeria
Customs Service. I have articulated some ideas
to start with, and I have found it necessary to
share these ideas with you. These ideas shall be
the guiding principle and platform for a smooth
takeoff.

“First and foremost, it is important that we
know where we are going. We can start by
ensuring that we pick up the mantle of Mr.
President’s policy thrust. Therefore, in
conjunction with you, moving with you and
fighting with you we will fight corruption and
restore discipline through attitudinal orientation
for effective service delivery.

“However, I must stress this for emphasis. I will
not tolerate indiscipline. I will not tolerate
corruption. I have zero tolerance for corruption.
“Considering my military background, I believe
punishment must be punitive for others to see it
as a deterrent. Therefore, as an officer of the
Nigeria Customs Service, if you are caught
involved in corruption, I am not only going to
dismiss you, I will make sure I prosecute and jail
you. That is basic!”

www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/09/14/if-you-are-caught-involved-in-corruption-i-will-jail-you-hameed-ali-tells-customs-officers/

Cc: Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by funlord(m): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
grin

Words on marble! Make our customs officers draw dia ears well well oh? Because this man go carry "beats by dre" earphones put for him own once "sackery" begins

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by DEXTROVERT: 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
I no know no dey ooooo
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
May God help us survive in this Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by saintkash(m): 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2015
he dat have ears let him/her hear ooo... dis man strict pass PMB wen it comes to anti corruption crusade. ..

6 Likes

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by stevecantrell: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
saintkash:
he dat have ears let him/her hear ooo... dis man strict pass PMB wen it comes to anti corruption crusade. ..

If that's true, he needs to be drafted to head the EFCC.

5 Likes

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by BekeeBuAgbara: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ali should be told that he has no power to jail anyone, only the court does.

This is not 1984.

10 Likes

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by hinwazaka: 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
How in God's green earth does this Dinosaur expect he will beat the "evil geniuses" who call themselves custom officers at their own game. They are up to date with all the tricks of the trade, while he is still stuck in 1996. The GOOD MEN of the customs service will play him like a football, to the point that when he thinks they are heading to Lafia, they will actually be taking a detour to Mecca.

4 Likes

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Gbawe: 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:

This is not 1984.

He obviously does not mean he will jail them directly. I think he is saying they will not escape prosecution and jail if found guilty. It is similar to how the Police initiate stiff disciplinary action against errant officers and the army court martial's offending soldiers. The man is simply saying that he will make sure offending custom officers are prosecuted and punished unlike what obtained before. i think he makes it clear he will create an environment where custom officers will be accountable for their actions - good or bad.

and that all Customs Area Controllers, heads of units and
concealment.

7 Likes

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2015
Gbawe:

He obviously does not mean he will jail them directly. I think he is saying they will not escape prosecution and jail if found guilty. It is similar to how the Police initiate stiff disciplinary action against errant officers and the army court martial's offending soldiers. The man is simply saying that he will make sure offending custom officers are prosecuted and punished unlike what obtained before. i think he makes it clear he will create an environment where custom officers will be accountable for their actions - good or bad.

"Are you aware that Tonyebarcanista de 'great' is back?" Quote me anywhere.
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by mars123(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
Buhari returning Nigeria to its default settings since 1980.

1 Like

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Ferdinandu(m): 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
Gbam. This is the kind of person we want to head all Government Agencies and Parastatals

4 Likes

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Chanchit: 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2015
Buhari don bring bad market for this custom guys.
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by viktagorion: 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2015
He that has ears in customs, let him hear...

The era of goat eating yam is over.

1 Like

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by datola: 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:

This is not 1984.

The warming is okay. All those people know he's not court but he can influence their road to jail for corruption.

Let's all be positive of this fight against number one evil in Nigeria.
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by hedonistic: 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2015
This old cow would soon learn the lesson of his life. You want to "jail" corrupt customs officers? Assuming you have the judicial powers to do so, how about sacking the entire workforce and jailing all of them immediately. There are no saints here sire...

Look, this Abokki who obviously does not understand the workings of the NCS would be frustrated beyond breaking point and he would end up dying at his table.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Gogetta(m): 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"Are you aware that Tonyebarcanista de 'great' is back?" Quote me anywhere.
who gives a fvck?

3 Likes

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by agriboom: 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2015
Chanchit:
Buhari don bring bad market for this custom guys.

Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Duru1(m): 10:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
benedictnsi:
As part of the measures to carry out Buhari’s
directive to rid the nation of corruption,the new
Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs
Service, Col. Hameed Ali has demanded for the
files of top officers of the service.

Ali on Friday evening said corrupt officers and
men of the agency will go to jail and that all
Customs Area Controllers, heads of units and
concealment.

Ali read the Riot Act at his first meeting with all
officers and men at the Customs Headquarters, in Abuja. He said: “Since I took over yesterday
(Thursday), I have been receiving briefing notes
to enhance my understanding of the Nigeria
Customs Service. I have articulated some ideas
to start with, and I have found it necessary to
share these ideas with you. These ideas shall be
the guiding principle and platform for a smooth
takeoff.

“First and foremost, it is important that we
know where we are going. We can start by
ensuring that we pick up the mantle of Mr.
President’s policy thrust. Therefore, in
conjunction with you, moving with you and
fighting with you we will fight corruption and
restore discipline through attitudinal orientation
for effective service delivery.

“However, I must stress this for emphasis. I will
not tolerate indiscipline. I will not tolerate
corruption. I have zero tolerance for corruption.
“Considering my military background, I believe
punishment must be punitive for others to see it
as a deterrent. Therefore, as an officer of the
Nigeria Customs Service, if you are caught
involved in corruption, I am not only going to
dismiss you, I will make sure I prosecute and jail
you. That is basic!”

www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/09/14/if-you-are-caught-involved-in-corruption-i-will-jail-you-hameed-ali-tells-customs-officers/

Cc: Lalasticlala

Do these moronic Nigerian dingbats understand the meaning of corruption? The appointment of the dumbass fool as DG of the Customs epitomizes core corruption.

1 Like

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Bevista: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
“However, I must stress this for emphasis. I will not tolerate indiscipline. I will not tolerate corruption. I have zero tolerance for corruption.
“Considering my military background, I believe punishment must be punitive for others to see it as a deterrent. Therefore, as an officer of the Nigeria Customs Service, if you are caught involved in corruption, I am not only going to dismiss you, I will make sure I prosecute and jail you. That is basic!”
Epic!

1 Like

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by kokoA(m): 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
And he is damm serious o. That man no dey look face o. He is a disciplinarian to the core an hates corruption like say na corruption kill him grand papa.

3 Likes

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Image123(m): 11:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
hedonistic:
This old cow would soon learn the lesson of his life. You want to "jail" corrupt customs officers? Assuming you have the judicial powers to do so, how about sacking the entire workforce and jailing all of them immediately. There are no saints here sire...

Look, this Abokki who obviously does not understand the workings of the NCS would be frustrated beyond breaking point and he would end up dying at his table.

Is it better to fold our arms and do nothing then? Why are you so pessimistic?
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by hedonistic: 12:52am On Sep 15, 2015
Image123:

Is it better to fold our arms and do nothing then? Why are you so pessimistic?
.. It is better to think up and implement intelligent systems to block loopholes and reduce opportunities for corruption. That is the way forward in this day and age.

What I have against Buhari and this his fellow Abokki dinosaur is that they are too stuck in their 1984 ways and too dependent on outdated threat, fire and brimstone based 'strong man' methods. This is unsustainable and cannot achieve anything meaningful.

1 Like

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 15, 2015
Enough of this arrant nonsensical trend in Nigeria "I will jail you"

Who is Hameed? Is he a high court judge that jails people? Are we no longer in democracy?

I'm fed up with those illiterates in abuja who can't comprehend the meaning of separation of powers in a democratically elected government.

Arhhhhhh angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Aromas: 1:52am On Sep 15, 2015
SirJeffry:
Enough of this arrant nonsensical trend in Nigeria "I will jail you"

Who is Hameed? Is he a high court judge that jails people? Are we no longer in democracy?

I'm fed up with those illiterates in abuja who can't comprehend the meaning of separation of powers in a democratically election government.

Arhhhhhh angry

And what does the clueless literate one has being doing in Abuja for 6yrs when corruption is rampant under him in a democratic election government?? In case you don't know Hameed is among Baba's right hand mens who are strictly to service without any stain. Feel free to check is profile from defense headquarters website.

1 Like

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Image123(m): 1:53am On Sep 15, 2015
hedonistic:
.. It is better to think up and implement intelligent systems to block loopholes and reduce opportunities for corruption. That is the way forward in this time and age.

What I have against Buhari and this his fellow Abokki dinosaur is that they are too stuck in their 1984 ways and too dependent on outdated threat, fire and brimstone based 'strong man' methods. This is unsustainable and cannot achieve anything meaningful.

Your suggestion is not mutually exclusive to the fact that there are legal consequences for breaking the law.
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by kpaofame: 2:03am On Sep 15, 2015
i will comment when they start exposing and persecuting corrupt officers...

TALK IS CHEAP

ACTION PLS!!!!!

1 Like

Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by AlPeter: 4:40am On Sep 15, 2015
O boy he b like say the winches hav finally decided to deal wit d custom officers this guy harsh like fire! Abeg, if una wan criticize USE your brain ehn, constructive criticism is needed to move our country forward, abeg. Am glad Tonyebarcanister is back sha.
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by babadem2much(m): 4:53am On Sep 15, 2015
This guy fit efcc I swear, Como see tension for customs all pregnant men will start reducing gradually.

one of my class mate told me that Na now custom work start.
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by babadem2much(m): 4:59am On Sep 15, 2015
Aromas:

And what does the clueless literate one has being doing in Abuja for 6yrs when corruption is rampant under him in a democratic election government?? In case you don't know Hameed is among Baba's right hand mens who are strictly to service without any stain. Feel free to check is profile from defense headquarters website.

You are right bro, that is why some of our youth are not good for leadership corrupt mind have engulfed them thereby polluting the entire sector they managed.

imagine someone has come to sanitize a sector while the man u quoted is busy wailing.

I weep for this generation
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by Demdem(m): 5:03am On Sep 15, 2015
Am loving this. Only fools who have been used to the pdp criminal activities will have issues with this.
Re: ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns by saintkash(m): 7:03am On Sep 15, 2015
stevecantrell:

If that's true, he needs to be drafted to head the EFCC.

custom is a money generating agency and yet d most corrupt agency in d country. ... he is also very needed here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gospel According To Saint Kanu Nnamdi / Buhari Has Done More Harm In 1 Year Than Gejs 5yrs / Photos: Buhari Being Treated For His Ear Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.