Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,433 members, 7,846,792 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

25Calibre's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 25Calibre's Profile / 25Calibre's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 10 pages)

Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 25Calibre(m): 3:37am On May 17, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

I dont make up stuff nor do conspiracy theories - I put the real shiit. C

heck this link from Darryl Francis, a former Tyson assistant (and it was confirmed by Tyson himself: Mike Tyson is mad at Floyd Mayweather over police report involving sexual assault claims http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/boxing/mike-tyson-is-mad-at-floyd-mayweather-over-police-report-involving-sexual-assault-claims/story-fnsyffvo-1227331087662

Yeah this I read after the fight. I mean all other excuses you made there.

Oh, but the same guy accused of "hugging his opponent for 12 rounds" actually threw and landed more punches than this so-called aggressive opponent, who was scared to throw punches after getting to straight rights to his face in the first round. Who's fooling who? grin

Of course he landed more baby punches, the question is, should baby punches count in professional boxing?

I hate to say this due to the utmost respect I've for Ali, but truth be told, Ali never had Mayweather's ring intelligence. Just look at how he adapts in fights and pick his opponents apart - that's pure boxing scientific genius. The only person close in that regard was Sugar Ray Leonard. Ali took too much punishment.

You get it wrong again. Ali took punishment on purpose (except for the Holmes fight). Are you kidding me, this guy prided himself on being too fast for his opponent to see

Brev, you'll have to move to MMA or street brawling if you want to see punishment. Boxing is sweet science, and it's about winning on points.

Well I guess so, since boxing (a sport I love) has been watered down to attract female viewers. I'd much rather move over to MMA when men are.

He landed flurries - yet the mofo claimed fake injury after he lost woefully. What a sore loser! grin

How's it a fake injury? The injury was documented and verified by a physician

Hell yeah,he came out looking prettier, yet was dizzy and told Max Kellerman he won a bout he clearly lost by a wide margin - hysterical. The straight rights must have messed up his brain cells to get him that confused. grin

Of course I was surprised to, Pacquiao felt like he was in a trance because he couldn't believe guy run, hug and baby punch for 12 rounds and win a fight. grin

He'll beat Pacman even in his own bedroom with Pacman's wife and kids as the ref and judges. grin

Ok he should agree to a rematch outside America, if possible he should go to the Philippines and beat him there. It could be our own thriller in Manila

This just shows you have never worn a boxing glove. I'll just stop there.

Nope I've not just worn boxing gloves, I've worked heavy bags and been in the receiving end of good shots with gloves and it hurts..... not as much as bare knuckle but enough to give you a swollen lip or cheek.

To think boxing gloves completely neutralises punching power, I'd say it's you who've never worn gloves before. I challenge you to go soar in a boxing gym and then come back lets have this discussion.

And why do they use point in professional boxing with three judges?

The judges are there to decide should incase two puss*ies are not able to KO each other.

Judging is a lucrative trade today unlike the 70s - 90s when they were mostly on vacation. grin

Cumulative effect over a period of time, and Larry Holmes sealed it for him. After that fight, Ali was never the same again.

Check the highest grossing boxing bouts of all time and PPV numbers, then come back to me with who has the 3 out of the top-5. grin

You're repeating the same thing, I said mayweather having the highest PPVs are just a reflection of the times. The record will surely be smashed in less than 10 years by another new champion.

For Tyson not to make your top-5 even in the heavyweight division - that has defeated all your arguments on this thread. It shows you don't even rate Tyson that high, but you just want to argue for the sake of it.

Tyson makes my top 10 but Mayweather doesn't

Brev, check the names of those Marciano fought - they were all bums, apart from the very old Joe Louis he fought, when Joe Louis was about to retire at age 37. And that was Joe Louis' last fight. He took that fight cos he needed money.

List of hall of (future) famers Mayweather fought: Diego Corrales, Castillo, Arturo Gatti, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto, Shane Mosley, Saul Alvarez (still young but with a very bright future), and Manny Pacquiao. Notice I didn't add a prime Zab Judah there.

Respect the legend of Mayweather!

Yes!! Way-past-prime hall of famers... I understand.

I guess I can beat a fat Ricky Hatton or a 60 year old foreman and be considered a great grin

I really need to crash now, I would be back later today with my reply to that your blasphemous post grin
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 25Calibre(m): 3:09am On May 17, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol, if you can give Jay Z props for Rocafella despite the fact that Dame Dash was the businessman, while Jigga was the rapper - why can't Mayweather take the props for being a business genius? It takes two to tango, and they both combined to milk the sport.

Undefeated and he made all the great boxers in this era look like bums in the ring. Tyson never did that. He got knocked out cold by Douglas, a bum. Got his ar.se whooped by Holyfield twice and turned into a cannibal. Ducked Lennox Lewis for a long time, and got knocked out cold when they finally met. grin

Nobody cares about age - it's about longevity and body of work. If it were about the age you became a superstar, Robinho should be one of the greatest footballers ever right now. Lennox Lewis was a late bloomer, but that didn't stop him from being greater than Mike Tyson.

But you never answered my question. Is Tyson greater than Frazier since they were about the same height cos you made excuse for Tyson's height?

How about list those he ducked? He never ducked anyone - they ducked him (Sugar Shane Mosley, Kostya Tszyu). And he did beat everyone they put in-front of him, hence he's undefeated.

But Tyson ducked Lennox Lewis. grin

Go watch his fights on YouTube to see how Mayweather was knocking people out before he started having problems with his hands.

How dare you compare a broken jaw with a broken hand? Mayweather fought with one hand and still won. If that isn't greatness, I don't know what it's. grin

Tyson isn't top-5 on the biggest punchers ever list.

We're talking about net worth here, not what the fights the participated in made. If that were the case, Mayweather should be in billions.

Tyson's highest net worth was never more than $20 million, and that's me being extremely generous.

50 cent said it in a jokey way clowning around, but Charlamagne gave it life by releasing those tapes. If it were just 50cent, no one would have bothered cos 50cent can barely spell as well - just check his twitter. grin

I tried replying this post but anti-spam not banned me.

I will try to fix my reply later and show you how ridiculous many of the things you said here are.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 25Calibre(m): 3:05am On May 17, 2015
cap28:
50 calibre listen to this Jamaican woman in Brixton, London telling Floyd Mayweather to his face that she doesn't know who the hell he is and that she only watches exciting fights like Tyson's fights , the look on Mayweather's face is priceless grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl4AcphAvOM

Hahahah I've seem the video, he went there with the chip on his shoulders as usual & got cut down to size. grin grin
Foreign Affairs / Re: Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader by 25Calibre(m): 5:27pm On May 09, 2015
enzony:

Ed Miliband has an immigrant father. Is he also of the aristocracy? And he was allowed to pose a threat as Labour leader? You all should stop these negative imaginations.

Yet his lack of presence and personality mean't he wasn't considered prime ministerial.

So if Ed Miliband with the jewish connect couldn't be PM, What fate do you think awaits someone with similar attributes to Miliband but without the aristocratic background and the family name?

Wishful thinking won't make him PM, I'm not being negative just realistic.

Btw my 50calibre moniker was banned by anti-spam bot.
Celebrities / Re: Lovely Pictures Of Nigerian Women Married To Foreigners. by 25Calibre(m): 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Gunshot.

Black women have always been super submissive to white men, regardless of their status and class.

Hence you will see a white plumber marry a highly educated black woman and still turn her to a slave. They love and worship the white skin, and the white man is their trophy.

Why do you think they all bleach their skin?

Yeah!! black women's obsession with anything white, is just sickening.

Go into any of these cosmetic shops in places like Peckham & woolwich & see black women in droves, purchasing weaves & skin bleaching products.

This inferiority is killing the black community I swear!! A trashy trailer park white dude will pass demeaning se*xual remarks the way of a black woman and she'd see it as a compliment and smile sheepishly.

This stup*id anti-spam bot banned my moniker for no reason.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Thank You. by 25Calibre(m): 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
FrancisTony:

You wish! You wish!

Like you know me, right?

Given the way you talk, it's a reasonable assumption, one I'm willing to stake my money on.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Thank You. by 25Calibre(m): 9:07pm On Nov 23, 2014
FrancisTony:

Who told this one I failed JAMB? grin grin You think I'm like you?

Your mate are doing NYSC in early and mid twenties and you're doing your own in late twenties. cheesy tongue

Lol what does that mean? After your "NYSC" at 19, what have you made of your life?

You still sound pathetic.

Don't compare yourself to that guy, he's better than.

5 Likes

Romance / Re: Thank You. by 25Calibre(m): 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
As far as I'm concerned, Kulboy is Mr NL I don't recognise that other guy. You can't take no skinny & goofy guy & tell us he won over more deserving contestants. It's not possible.

This competition was the worse I've seen since this thing started on NL, some of the judges were biased, even the mods, one of them was busy banning people opposed to her candidate, making a complete mug of herself. This is what happens when Seun takes sections of this great forum & place it's control in the hands of idiots.

This was a travesty & the so called pseudo-Mr NL himself hahahaha please that's the joke of the year, he's nothing but a parody.

I was urged to come out of retirement for this one & it's been an epic disappointment. I'm heading back into retirement & certainly won't be part of this madness anymore. grin

6 Likes

Romance / Re: Mr Nairaland [December 2014] Contest Winner - Naijaboiy! by 25Calibre(m): 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
Truckpusher:
These days mods are more intelligent,reasonable and smart enough to know who's an iidiot and who's not.I was only advising you as brother but in your usual suicidal manner you went mad throwing tantrums like an old prostitute stunned by her customer.

Now heed my advice and leave these kids and women alone to enjoy their game and stop being an old joy killer.

If you don't respect yourself enough at least respect that bald head of yours for the sake of other men that has the same predicament.

Thank you.

Lol what bald head do you speak of? I'm still a young, handsome virile man with a full hair of head so I don't know what you're saying grin

Don't advice me, start by advising yourself, you look like you could use it or better still, save it for your kids (that's when any woman is foolish enough to spread her legs for you) grin

Next time if you expect me to address you with respect, then address me with respect. You should know that by now

Romance / Re: Mr Nairaland [December 2014] Contest Winner - Naijaboiy! by 25Calibre(m): 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
So some mod decided to hide my response to truckpusher, without hiding his original inflammatory comment loool some monkey business going on here

1 Like

Romance / Re: Mr Nairaland [December 2014] Contest Winner - Naijaboiy! by 25Calibre(m): 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
Oyeneku1:

Don't mind the lazy puvnks..that is their best and only shots. grin
Kulboy all the way

I will identify the person who did it soon

It's between these two people farano & pascal09.

A self-destructive move I must say.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Mr Nairaland [December 2014] Contest Winner - Naijaboiy! by 25Calibre(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
Who's that mod who banned 50calibre, I can't see who it is, it no longer tells but that mod certainly got lots of guts I can say that.

Banning people on a forum is the closest you're ever going to get to any position of authority.

I will like to know who the mod is anyway..
Romance / Re: Mr Nairaland [December 2014] Contest Winner - Naijaboiy! by 25Calibre(m): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
I vote kullboy

Cc Dygreasy
Celebrities / Re: Caroline Danjuma Stuns In New Photo by 25Calibre(m): 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
Damojo: The guy looks like Muhammed Ali in that Louis Vuitton ad.

You mean this Muhammad Ali?? No! I don't think so.

Muhammad ali was fresh faced.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Caroline Danjuma Stuns In New Photo by 25Calibre(m): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Above this thread, I saw another topic with her name, I then clicked, & here's the pic I pulled.

Guys look at the type of man marrying this woman, later some women come here to tell us money isn't good.

Btw, why is she looking as pale as a ghost, I haven't seen a Nigerian this pale.

Romance / Re: Why Guys Fear To Date Beautiful Women by 25Calibre(m): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lol These things are funny because I don't think there's any guy who wouldn't want his girl to be admired by others. I want other people to admire & covet what I've got, it makes me happy.

What would be would be, no need to stress too much over trivial things, apart from your family, do not get too attached to something/somebody you aren't willing to lose.

Life's too short to stress over one girl.

10 Likes

Romance / Re: Nigerians Against Same Sex Marriage by 25Calibre(m): 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
In the interest of freedom & equal rights, I'm in support of allowing people choose their sexu*l orientation provided it isn't a problem to anyone, after all there are sick people everywhere.

What I'm not in support of, are attempts to glamourise homosexuality, attempts to destroy the institution of marriage, by allowing gay people marry, & then forcing everyone to accept their marriage as valid, attempts to constrain religious freedoms & beliefs.

In a society where homosexuality is seen as a pariah, it's only logical that public displays of the act is forbidden.

No one can brainwash me into accepting something I don't want to accept, No one !, many Nigerians already have inferior minds, and are easily brainwashed. These people don't think for themselves, or make choices by their own principles/beliefs.

The white man tells them Gay is good, gay is normal, accept it, & they accept it hook line & sinker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 10 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.