Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:32 AM

Dont Fall Victim, Pics - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dont Fall Victim, Pics (54398 Views)

Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam / Dont Fall for Airtel 100 naira For 1GB Scam / Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by bamasite(m): 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
From my experience, the major reason for the high influx of substandard products into the market is the fact that 85% of Nigerians LIKE CHEAP PRODUCTS! when you give them quality products, they prefer the cheap ones.

The sellers simply play smart by demanding for low quality from the manufacturers or wholesalers. I find it shameful to note that even on aliexpress which is a Chinese portal, most of the established big name stores don't ship to Nigeria.

Before you quote me, be sure you understand my points
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by donhils: 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
shidof:
using the same power bank also
Romoss Solo 5? How are you enjoying yours? cos mine is heaven sent.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Matty33(m): 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
It is high time we did something about china products, just yesterday i bought a solar powered power bank, for a huge amount of money because i thought it would save me the stress of carrying phone charger about, so i bought it.

when i got home i discovered something the power bank seems to be photosensitive, as its charging led flashes when under the sun,
but this is just a hoax, it doesnt charge, i left it in the sun for close to 2days now, and it doesnt have any charged voltages for my phone, it just flashes its led when in the sun so the buyer assumes its realy working but its not.
i dont know how they did it, but they did it, its a fake solar power bank,
here is what it looks like, does this happen anywhere else or only in Nigeria?
Bros I'm facing same Problem. However if u charge it with NEPA, it charges phones faster than generator or NEPA.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by tartar9(m): 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
the painful thing is dat i used my last 6k to buy it, and i am currently unemployed, may God purnish the producer, the distributor, the importer, the marketer and the seller
AMEN angry
PapaNnamdi na your tribe o
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by tartar9(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
charging a power bank within 2hrs with solar panels the size of my phone grin.even solar streetlights that charges all day with less power requires solar panels 6x bigger.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Nicepoker(m): 9:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
the painful thing is dat i used my last 6k to buy it, and i am currently unemployed, may God purnish the producer, the distributor, the importer, the marketer and the seller
AMEN angry
what should God do to the buyer
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by sawhite: 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
airsaylongcon:

This your 50000mah powerbank can u snap and upload please? I'm interested
k i wil do dat later,just order for some watin to be delivered
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by bukatee2015(m): 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
stankezzy:
oga this your 13000mah is just 3000 mah, just check it , one lithium battery (1850) is a little bigger than AA finger battery , how many finger battery do u think can enter that thing , including the charging system , at most two. so it is likely 3000 mah
Miscrant, go get developed, soap is in ur eye man
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Misternas89(m): 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Don't mind those people jare, na cheat dem be. I'm also a victim tho. Iranuu
[size=19pt]Mrnas say so [/size]

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by PraiseDLord: 11:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
It is high time we did something about china products, just yesterday i bought a solar powered power bank, for a huge amount of money because i thought it would save me the stress of carrying phone charger about, so i bought it.

when i got home i discovered something the power bank seems to be photosensitive, as its charging led flashes when under the sun,
but this is just a hoax, it doesnt charge, i left it in the sun for close to 2days now, and it doesnt have any charged voltages for my phone, it just flashes its led when in the sun so the buyer assumes its realy working but its not.

Same thing with mine. The solar is so fake! Only blinks unders direct sunlight but truly never charges.
It is well.
I've forgiven them though.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by oseo1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
Favparis:
For now the highest capacity of power bank is 16,000mAh. Anything above this is FAKE. Others should take note

Not true, I have owned one of 20,000mAh I got it from Amazon and it worked great. It used to charge my z10 at least 5/6 times before I needed to charge it.

I also have this solar charged power bank but mine actually works. Yes it's slow but it actually works.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Favparis(f): 11:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
oseo1:

Not true, I have owned one of 20,000mAh I got it from Amazon and it worked great. It used to charge my z10 at least 5/6 times before I needed to charge it.

I also have this solar charged power bank but mine actually works. Yes it's slow but it actually works.

Ok.......... I never knew
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by hYpErbOi: 12:05am On Sep 17, 2015
eleko1:
How e go knw?What bout those bastards that sell fake SD memory card?One can hadly distinguish original from the fake.Fake dis/dat full market.May God help us in dis country.

You can't want much of a 4GB SD MMC purchased for #700 it definitely will corrupt in no time compared to an original one sold for 3k or more. Like does micros used for Dslr camera will serve u years if maintained.
There r original n there r horiginals
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by 400billionman: 1:08am On Sep 17, 2015
Yomieluv:
I stopped buying power-bank when I have bought fake 3 times..even the one I bought at slot is not different.

Power-bank is rubbish,its just a hoax to fool Nigeria.

Good ones are very few..

Try BESKI
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by 400billionman: 1:09am On Sep 17, 2015
adadioranmah:
I got mine from mayorall since last year and it has never failed me.

Pictures and name pls
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by 400billionman: 1:15am On Sep 17, 2015
J3nnyluv:
I get one also and everytin u said re true, it is hard to charge but discharge quickly. And it also say 50,000mah but it doesn't go two charge of 2800mah. But we shud manage it like dat.

Baby

1 Like

Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by weijing3333: 3:18am On Sep 17, 2015
Solar charged power bank actually works.A little slow but it actually works.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by wabuk(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2015
Perelo:
Bro sorry for the lost, if i were u i would hav returned it nd collect another one... Coz i had similar issues with my power bank... I bought it wen i got home i tried charging it was blinking well but i left in for more dan 3hrs to my greatest surprise it did nt charge my phone i was praying for day to brk fast as early as 9am i returned it nd another one was given to me, dis one is perfect no problem return urs nd a good one can be given to u
its true my power bank is solar is excellent charging my phone like never before I'm always on line . The problem people make is that u need to first charge the power with light for the first before using solar that's all
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by OOG(m): 7:12am On Sep 17, 2015
PapaNnamdi:

Sorry about your experience sir and it is rather unfortunate that the desperation in this country has brought us to this state. Some weeks ago I saw the picture of a powerbank that exploded in someone's pocket while in use.
We on the other hand value human life and go to great lenghts to give our clients value for their money hence the reason we sell only the best powerbank, memory cards, flash drives etc purchased directly from USA. We have never had any complaints or negative feedback from hundreds of clients that have patronised us over the years. Business to us is a way to add value to human life and we were actually one of the first to introduce portable powerbanks into this country but unfortunately the surplus fakes introduced afterwards started giving people a bad impression about powerbanks.
You can search for oandogadgets on Google and if we don't have what you want, we can advice you based on your needs and help you order exactly what you want at affordable rates even if it is a solar powerbank. You can also call us on 08034547919
Again sorry about the loss of your funds but like someone said earlier, next time buy from a reputable store so you can go back to ask for your money back if your product fails.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by shidof(m): 7:14am On Sep 17, 2015
donhils:

Romoss Solo 5? How are you enjoying yours? cos mine is heaven sent.
yes,charging my gionee m2 battery atleast twice. It's a good power bank and I'm really enjoying it.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Caleb5: 7:39am On Sep 17, 2015
.....! When they've been preaching here for pple to avoid solar power banks and power banks above 12000mah, you guys won't listen!..... angry
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Samsonklin(m): 7:51am On Sep 17, 2015
am sori sir buh i cant say amen to dat ur prayer cos i tink u were just on lucky to have walked to dat shop. I bought mine 5 months ago (N5, OOO) and its stil working fine. It charges in d sun and when full, it last me for a miximum of 14 hours (check). So, dnt discourage ppl, try to buy somewher else. God bles you.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by mecussey(m): 7:52am On Sep 17, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
AMEN angry

May be this is fake, but the surface area of the bank is big enough to produce at least 5v and 2amps. I don't see the reason why it won't charge any phone under the sun.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Obynolee(f): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2015
PapaNnamdi:

Op the problem is between the greedy importer and buyer,i blame buyers mostly because about 90% of power banks in Alaba International are not up to the mAh that they claim it to be,(i am in the market myself) for instance,I am finding it difficult to sell complete 10,000mAh that I have because most people will do real 4000mAh and label it 10000nAh and sell it cheaper and customers doesn't know all these.Some customers will be looking for cheap ones and as a seller you want to sell so,some are forced to join when they see that they can't beat them.Any power bank above 10000mAh more chances are that it is fake.If we check the price you bought this your 25000mAh you will see that you belong to the type of customers I earlier talked about(the one that push most people into importing fake) because if you ever gets real 25000mAh power bank, it will not be less than 15K.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by TITOBIGZ(m): 11:30am On Sep 17, 2015
oweniwe:
25,000 mAh?

on solar

E be lik u didn't research well on power bank capacities before you go buy.
Biko explain.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by TITOBIGZ(m): 11:32am On Sep 17, 2015
Samsonklin:
am sori sir buh i cant say amen to dat ur prayer cos i tink u were just on lucky to have walked to dat shop. I bought mine 5 months ago (N5, OOO) and its stil working fine. It charges in d sun and when full, it last me for a miximum of 14 hours (check). So, dnt discourage ppl, try to buy somewher else. God bles you.
Adontbeliefit Post pishure,
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by oweniwe(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
TITOBIGZ:

Biko explain.

Favparis:
For now the highest capacity of power bank is 16,000mAh. Anything above this is FAKE. Others should take note

You gerrit? smiley
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by spindomer: 10:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
Well, it is not only in Nigeria. I bought my SOLAR CHARGER POWERMONKEY EXPLORER power bank in London for 75 pounds and on getting to Nigeria, I wouldn't work .
So sad, I have promised not to buy one again
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Pics by Aferi(m): 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
whoa I thought am the only victim ,I have the same problem with my so called solar /electric power bank, omo name huge money o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Upcoming 2015 Blackberry Phones You Might Fall In Love With (pics) / MTN-Branded Opera Mini: How To Download / The Best Data Subscription Plan For Android Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.