Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551879 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 4:10am On Jul 15, 2021
Arinze001:

Firstly, I'm not in Norway yet. Hopefully, I would be there late August max.

For jobs, my friends studying in Norway have multiple student-jobs paying their bills.

Let's go with a positive mindset that it will work out well for us by God's Grace!
Arinze, longest time!
I just saw the moniker and it rang a bell instantly.
So you’ll be heading to Norway this year! Congrats!
I didn’t think you’ll still be interested after these years.
I see sey you don dey snakker norsk in advance. (I hope I still remember my Norwegian smiley)

Jeg onsker deg lykke til i Norge!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Chiderahauxin: 4:32pm On Jul 15, 2021
olujastro:

Arinze, longest time!
I just saw the moniker and it rang a bell instantly.
So you’ll be heading to Norway this year! Congrats!
I didn’t think you’ll still be interested after these years.
I see sey you don dey snakker norsk in advance. (I hope I still remember my Norwegian smiley)

Jeg onsker deg lykke til i Norge!
Pls which University in Norway can you recommend for i.t graduates
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Loverboy3333: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
Life after the 2 years program in Norway is much more important to me, no coming to Nigeria.

How possible to get a permanent residency/ Norge passport

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by CuteTj(m): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2021
@Arinze001, see you in Norge.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kakatrigga: 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
amaka157:

Norway and Finland are not the same bro... lots of people will pick Finland over Norway in a blink...

Norway is a very good country considering some aspect( peaceful life, working system, one of the best places in the world to raise kids( tho some say " to raise boring kids"wink in general, Norway is not as easy as some of us imagine it to be... and especially for people not into STEM courses... the weather is another situation to consider... yesterday, a man was found to have died in his apartment since 2011!!!! the police just found him yesterday... this is to tell you the level of boredom and mind your business attitude in Norway... bottom line, have a back up plan... and you will just be fine... 6 of my friends who graduated from different universities in Norway are now scattered in different parts of the world... just go to Norway with an open mind and you will be just fine.... lykke til everyone...

@Arinze001

Bro is it possible to study and play football professionally in Norway. I want to go in with a student visa.

What would you advise?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Chiderahauxin: 9:44am On Jul 22, 2021
Arinze001:

Heisann Alle (Hello Everyone)!

I will be attending to intelligent and researched questions about Norway. I started the application last fall (some schools start October, most November, few December and January). I applied to 3 schools (received 2 admissions) but deep down wanted my top priority school which I got - University of Stavanger.

Let me talk about Universities' applications: Most Norge universities exempt Nigerians from submitting an English Proficiency test 'cept for University of Oslo and University of Southern Norway (the latter was the school that gave me a rejection though it was envisaged, I have no ielts or TOEFL). My advise is to go for the schools that exempt Nigerians from the ielts and TOEFL test, but, if you've it, it's a PLUS.
For most schools, we are to courier our transcript to the host university. It's part of the application.
The last is the block sum of NOk 126357 which we are to submit through a bank statement showing you've the sum + an accompanying sponsor's letter (for those that are being sponsored - like me).
CGPA requirements: On their websites, they indicated the minimum requirement to be 2:1. In practical, that's not really the case. Norway and other EU countries use the ECTS arrangement which means if you studied English as an undergrad, you're to continue that way. You can't apply for an MSc. In Artificial Intelligence or msc. In Applied Finance and Analytics. Most people got a rejection because they acted funny. I know someone that studied Economics with a 2.94 that applied for an Msc. In Economics that got accepted likewise someone that got 2.74 in Philosophy that also got accepted for MSc. In related course. That's the secret, no CROSS-CARPETING lol

This is all for the study application phase.

The Waiting Period
This is the period where we have to wait for feedbacks vis-à-vis our applications. The waiting period differs from schools and programmes. Some got admission in early February, some in early and late March, some April, extreme cases in May.
After you've gotten an admission, the next step is to transfer the NOk 126,527 you presented during the application to the host school. We all used FORM A, getting official USD rate from the Central Bank. I'll advise everyone to use USD if in Nigeria as your transacting currency to avoid bogus conversion charges. After paying the sum and you've received a Confirmation of Deposit from the Host university, you immediately apply for your study visa + residence permit which comes with a Schengen sticker.

Visa Process.
Norge's visa process is pretty seamless, no long wait period, no interview except rare occasions, no calling on the phone to book an appointment or whatsoever. It's super fast - easy to get an appointment date and the documents to submit are readily available.

Note: You receive your Nok 126,357 immediately you've gotten a Norwegian bank account and you receive all. It's not like others where you receive it monthly. So, one could do as he/she pleases with his/her received money.

I think that's all.

Ser du i norge (See you in Norway)!
sup bro any update??
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by yr2020: 2:57am On Jul 23, 2021
Hi sir, pls can you shade more light on this. This *2 of fund required has me worried. I also sent you a pm sir.
Thanks

Arinze001:

Ya, du kan (yes, you can)!

It's possible.

You've to transfer *2 of the block sum.

But, there are ways to bypass it. Tho, it requires patience.

If you've the money, green to go!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Stanchem029: 9:07am On Jul 23, 2021
yr2020:
Hi sir, pls can you shade more light on this. This *2 of fund required has me worried. I also sent you a pm sir.
Thanks

Let me try, you will transfer about 12 million naira into the school's account.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Youngpeep(m): 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2021
kakatrigga:

@Arinze001

Bro is it possible to study and play football professionally in Norway. I want to go in with a student visa.

What would you advise?
oga I case you finally enter how do you plan on reducing your age
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Chiderahauxin: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
yr2020:
Thanks

which University in Europe give visa directly to students??
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by BrosMayowa(m): 8:24am On Jul 24, 2021
Omo see blatant discouragement.

ikswiss:
I feel like I have to enlighten some of my brothers and sisters on here about Norge.

IT IS NOT EASY IN NORWAY AND IF YOU HAVE IT IN THE BACK OF YOUR MIND YOU WILL COME OVER HERE AND GET SETTLED IN WITH MONTHS, THEN YOU ARE SETTING YOURSELF FOR DISAPPOINTMENT.

although anything is possible but thing realistically, if you not fluent and don’t have family member here it will be difficult to get along with the system.

Yeah education is free but is mad expensive in Norway, so think twice before going through the whole process of moving here. I always tell people who I personally know to go for English speaking countries if they can afford it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2021
Omo it’s not a discouragement it’s facts.
BrosMayowa:
Omo see blatant discouragement.

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kakatrigga: 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2021
Youngpeep:
oga I case you finally enter how do you plan on reducing your age

I am below 18 sir. It can also be reduced before going.

Are you a footballer?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Sylvester98(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2021
gloyal:
Hello guys.
Are there any schools that accept applications for masters in agriculture (or any related fields), especially without proof of English proficiency for Nigerians?

Check out Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olusholaayoade: 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hi everyone. I have looked at a few schools and none of them have master's application open yet. does anyone know any school where application is ongoing? or is that how it is for Norway schools?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by yr2020: 9:27am On Jul 29, 2021
All Institutions mostly open application by ( November - Feb max) for non EU countries.
Personally, I will start checking from October. Can’t wait grin
olusholaayoade:
Hi everyone. I have looked at a few schools and none of them have master's application open yet. does anyone know any school where application is ongoing? or is that how it is for Norway schools?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by beltkid(m): 7:13am On Jul 31, 2021
Hii guys,

Started following the thread few days ago, thank you guys for the information so far. As someone you got admission to Germany but getting a visa there is pretty difficult. I'm now considering Norway, I just want to ask, can someone please list all the Norway visa requirements for me here, as well as the visa steps, have looked through the thread but didn't see such details and steps. I just want to understand properly and start preparing myself.

Arinze and everyone else, thanks for the information so far, waiting for your answer plss
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ayodeji1998: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2021
I understand. I also got admission in a german school in May 2020 but decided to shift my focus elsewhere after the whole visa Wahala.
For the visa requirement
1. Admission letter
2. Proof of accommodation or proof that you have applied for accommodation
3. Proof of sustenance funds ( the school will provide an account for you when you get the admission to transfer the money into)
4. Your visa application fee.
5. Your Bsc certificate
6. International passport and passport photograph.
That was what I used for mine from what I remember.
The visa application process is straightforward and no hassle
beltkid:
Hii guys,

Started following the thread few days ago, thank you guys for the information so far. As someone you got admission to Germany but getting a visa there is pretty difficult. I'm now considering Norway, I just want to ask, can someone please list all the Norway visa requirements for me here, as well as the visa steps, have looked through the thread but didn't see such details and steps. I just want to understand properly and start preparing myself.

Arinze and everyone else, thanks for the information so far, waiting for your answer plss

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Chibuking81(m): 5:47am On Aug 02, 2021
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Sashafm(f): 4:21am On Aug 18, 2021
Chiderahauxin:
sup bro any update??
Thank you for this explicit explanation. I am very much interested, however I have a two year old son. What's the possibility of approving dependent visa for him

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Faith21: 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hi guys ,

I just found this thread.

I want to ask a question...How come nobody is talking about the money transfer part ....Does that mean everyone planning to study in Norway have about N6m somewhere?

Honestly ,I want answers ooo

Are there ways to byepass this ?...I will really appreciate genuine response
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by VTJN(m): 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
Faith21:
Hi guys ,

I just found this thread.

I want to ask a question...How come nobody is talking about the money transfer part ....Does that mean everyone planning to study in Norway have about N6m somewhere?

Honestly ,I want answers ooo

Are there ways to byepass this ?...I will really appreciate genuine response
That money is not easy to come by o

I sincerely doubt one can byepass it o. You have to make transfer to them, then it will be given back to you on arrival

You know the money is for your upkeep
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by odimbannamdi(m): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2021
Easternheart:
As we approach, the start of a new application. Do well to gather all required documents,

1) A copy of Certs and transcript to upload
2) also mail your transcript and certs directly from your school to the intend school you want to study, pls start early.
3) WAEC/ NECO Certs with scratch card.
4) CV, Letter of Motivations, and check if it's a requirement in the school you're applying to.
5) Bank statement showing 5.5M and sponsorship letter.
6) IELTS/TOEFL, some achools require this too.

I wish all prospective applicants good luck including myself smiley

Hello. Regarding the emboldened.

I have an official copy (also scanned) of my transcripts with me. Will schools in Norway accept it (for admission consideration, at least) even though it wasn't sent directly from the school? If no then, any idea whether they will accept my transcript from WES?

Do I need to show such amount in my acct prior to applying to applying for admission as well? 'Coz I imagine that it should be during visa procession stage.

Please clarify me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by odimbannamdi(m): 10:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Easternheart:

From your questions I know you have not taking some of your time to do little research about Sweden. Do some research about Sweden at your free time because it will help you a lot.

1) Application fee doesn't guarantee a place. (but when you say application fee, do you mean for admission application or for Visa application?) because you need to gain admission. In your admission letter all the procedure will be there, like payment of tuition fees, visa applications etc.

2) On the admission portal, you will have the option to apply to four universities with four masters programmes and rank them according to priority.

3) With regards to English test, Nigerians don't need to document it. WAEC or NECO and bachelors study is enough requirements.

4) with regards to official transcript, you only need to send 1 copy of your transcript to the admission postal address. This will be access by all 4 universities you have applied to. So no need of sending individually to all four universities. This helps to save costs.

You can follow the links below to get more information

Nigeria, master's admission and required documents for Sweden
https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/apply-to-masters/provide-application-documents-masters/required-documents/nigeria/

Residence permit for studies
https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/fees-scholarships-residence-permit/residence-permit-for-studies/

Residence permit studies - required documents
https://www.swedenabroad.se/en/about-sweden-non-swedish-citizens/nigeria/going-to-sweden/studying-in-sweden/residence-permit-studies---required-documents/

Thanks! This is good information. Thanks again
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by odimbannamdi(m): 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2021
ETXTranscripts:
Hello,
You do not need to request three(3) transcripts, all you need to do is to send to multiple receivers. Use this link to see how you can request your transcript and deliver to multiple receivers. https://www.etx.ng/central-contact-us/holder-support-home/trs-multiple-receivers/. Please note that you will be charged delivery fee for the additional destinations. Thank you

Thanks for sharing thus. I had the same question your post addressed
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by odimbannamdi(m): 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
Arinze001:

Heisann Alle (Hello Everyone)!

I will be attending to intelligent and researched questions about Norway. I started the application last fall (some schools start October, most November, few December and January). I applied to 3 schools (received 2 admissions) but deep down wanted my top priority school which I got - University of Stavanger.

Let me talk about Universities' applications: Most Norge universities exempt Nigerians from submitting an English Proficiency test 'cept for University of Oslo and University of Southern Norway (the latter was the school that gave me a rejection though it was envisaged, I have no ielts or TOEFL). My advise is to go for the schools that exempt Nigerians from the ielts and TOEFL test, but, if you've it, it's a PLUS.
For most schools, we are to courier our transcript to the host university. It's part of the application.
The last is the block sum of NOk 126357 which we are to submit through a bank statement showing you've the sum + an accompanying sponsor's letter (for those that are being sponsored - like me).
CGPA requirements: On their websites, they indicated the minimum requirement to be 2:1. In practical, that's not really the case. Norway and other EU countries use the ECTS arrangement which means if you studied English as an undergrad, you're to continue that way. You can't apply for an MSc. In Artificial Intelligence or msc. In Applied Finance and Analytics. Most people got a rejection because they acted funny. I know someone that studied Economics with a 2.94 that applied for an Msc. In Economics that got accepted likewise someone that got 2.74 in Philosophy that also got accepted for MSc. In related course. That's the secret, no CROSS-CARPETING lol

This is all for the study application phase.

The Waiting Period
This is the period where we have to wait for feedbacks vis-à-vis our applications. The waiting period differs from schools and programmes. Some got admission in early February, some in early and late March, some April, extreme cases in May.
After you've gotten an admission, the next step is to transfer the NOk 126,527 you presented during the application to the host school. We all used FORM A, getting official USD rate from the Central Bank. I'll advise everyone to use USD if in Nigeria as your transacting currency to avoid bogus conversion charges. After paying the sum and you've received a Confirmation of Deposit from the Host university, you immediately apply for your study visa + residence permit which comes with a Schengen sticker.

Visa Process.
Norge's visa process is pretty seamless, no long wait period, no interview except rare occasions, no calling on the phone to book an appointment or whatsoever. It's super fast - easy to get an appointment date and the documents to submit are readily available.

Note: You receive your Nok 126,357 immediately you've gotten a Norwegian bank account and you receive all. It's not like others where you receive it monthly. So, one could do as he/she pleases with his/her received money.

I think that's all.

Ser du i norge (See you in Norway)!

Thank you soo much, Arundel, for this information. Much appreciated
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kashman411: 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hello good people of the house, is there any hope HND holders as regards masters or pre masters admission in Norway? Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sharpyoung(m): 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hello Nlanders and everyone contributing to this thread.
Please I need a recommendation on the best school to get admission easily for an Electrical/Electronic Engineering graduate?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2021
kashman411:
Hello good people of the house, is there any hope HND holders as regards masters or pre masters admission in Norway? Your responses will be highly appreciated.

As far as I know an HND cannot be used.
As for Pre- master's, you can check the private universities, though it must be stated that you'll have to pay tuition fees for that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.