Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552085 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2021
sharpyoung:
Hello Nlanders and everyone contributing to this thread.
Please I need a recommendation on the best school to get admission easily for an Electrical/Electronic Engineering graduate?

This is where your research skills will come in handy as different schools will have some departments stronger than the others. Look for your desired course, go to each school's website(or vice versa), and most importantly your intended research area.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nuttymeg: 11:44am On Aug 27, 2021
Pls am a midwife and I need help in order to secure undergraduate admission in Norway. I will be very greatfull
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by YoshihideSuga: 1:46am On Sep 05, 2021
Just checked this thread and I love it!

Considering the Covid-19 situation, are foreign students presently allowed into the country (upon vaccination and Covid-19 tests)? I ask because some countries (China, Japan, New Zealand, Australia etc) have their borders shut to foreign students. I no wan do online classes biko

I am seeing tuition-free, does it mean the universities are really tuition-free (I don't get to pay school fees?)? shocked

From my search, I understand the block account fee is for the first year, so what about the second? Afterwards, what is required of the student? Also, what are the possible jobs (not necessarily available for beggars are not choosers) for students?

cc: aurorae1 and any other person who knows the answer.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 5:08am On Sep 05, 2021
YoshihideSuga:
Just checked this thread and I love it!

Considering the Covid-19 situation, are foreign students presently allowed into the country (upon vaccination and Covid-19 tests)? I ask because some countries (China, Japan, New Zealand, Australia etc) have their borders shut to foreign students. I no wan do online classes biko

I am seeing tuition-free, does it mean the universities are really tuition-free (I don't get to pay school fees?)? shocked

From my search, I understand the block account fee is for the first year, so what about the second? Afterwards, what is required of the student? Also, what are the possible jobs (not necessarily available for beggars are not choosers) for students?

cc: aurorae1 and any other person who knows the answer.

Some people have travelled and landed in Norway already though under strict measures. By this time next year, the COVID dust should have cleared even more and one may need to only be vaccinated.

It's "tuition" free, but there are some administrative fees, book fees, this usually leads up to very small amount which varies from school to school under a NOK 1000, so it's not hard to pay it.

The second year, it's rinse and repeat with the blocked amount. You have to renew your visa the next year, if memory serves me.
You can get jobs but of course they are usually jobs that don't require express experience, same as in most countries to be honest. This is where learning Norwegian will come in handy. It'll open more doors, especially to internships and the rest.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by YoshihideSuga: 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2021
aurorae1:

Some people have travelled and landed in Norway already though under strict measures. By this time next year, the COVID dust should have cleared even more and one may need to only be vaccinated.

It's "tuition" free, but there are some administrative fees, book fees, this usually leads up to very small amount which varies from school to school under a NOK 1000, so it's not hard to pay it.

The second year, it's rinse and repeat with the blocked amount. You have to renew your visa the next year, if memory serves me.
You can get jobs but of course they are usually jobs that don't require express experience, same as in most countries to be honest. This is where learning Norwegian will come in handy. It'll open more doors, especially to internships and the rest.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. Na to dey learn Norwegian be that.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 7:49am On Sep 07, 2021
YoshihideSuga:

Thank you. Na to dey learn Norwegian be that.

Learning a new language anytime, anywhere will always open up doors.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Limassol(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2021
aurorae1:

Learning a new language anytime, anywhere will always open up doors.
Exactly! How is life generally overthere in Norway?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by 16inchdick: 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
Arinze001:

Heisann Alle (Hello Everyone)!

I will be attending to intelligent and researched questions about Norway. I started the application last fall (some schools start October, most November, few December and January). I applied to 3 schools (received 2 admissions) but deep down wanted my top priority school which I got - University of Stavanger.

Let me talk about Universities' applications: Most Norge universities exempt Nigerians from submitting an English Proficiency test 'cept for University of Oslo and University of Southern Norway (the latter was the school that gave me a rejection though it was envisaged, I have no ielts or TOEFL). My advise is to go for the schools that exempt Nigerians from the ielts and TOEFL test, but, if you've it, it's a PLUS.
For most schools, we are to courier our transcript to the host university. It's part of the application.
The last is the block sum of NOk 126357 which we are to submit through a bank statement showing you've the sum + an accompanying sponsor's letter (for those that are being sponsored - like me).
CGPA requirements: On their websites, they indicated the minimum requirement to be 2:1. In practical, that's not really the case. Norway and other EU countries use the ECTS arrangement which means if you studied English as an undergrad, you're to continue that way. You can't apply for an MSc. In Artificial Intelligence or msc. In Applied Finance and Analytics. Most people got a rejection because they acted funny. I know someone that studied Economics with a 2.94 that applied for an Msc. In Economics that got accepted likewise someone that got 2.74 in Philosophy that also got accepted for MSc. In related course. That's the secret, no CROSS-CARPETING lol

This is all for the study application phase.

The Waiting Period
This is the period where we have to wait for feedbacks vis-à-vis our applications. The waiting period differs from schools and programmes. Some got admission in early February, some in early and late March, some April, extreme cases in May.
After you've gotten an admission, the next step is to transfer the NOk 126,527 you presented during the application to the host school. We all used FORM A, getting official USD rate from the Central Bank. I'll advise everyone to use USD if in Nigeria as your transacting currency to avoid bogus conversion charges. After paying the sum and you've received a Confirmation of Deposit from the Host university, you immediately apply for your study visa + residence permit which comes with a Schengen sticker.

Visa Process.
Norge's visa process is pretty seamless, no long wait period, no interview except rare occasions, no calling on the phone to book an appointment or whatsoever. It's super fast - easy to get an appointment date and the documents to submit are readily available.

Note: You receive your Nok 126,357 immediately you've gotten a Norwegian bank account and you receive all. It's not like others where you receive it monthly. So, one could do as he/she pleases with his/her received money.

I think that's all.

Ser du i norge (See you in Norway)!

So norwegian universities accept 2.2

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by irabs4567: 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
LebenNG:

we are already friends, pls kindly pm me
i am interested
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
16inchdick:

So norwegian universities accept 2.2
Do they even know what's second class (2.2)
What really matters is your choice of study and your CGPA converted to their standard of grading........................
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
Limassol:
Exactly! How is life generally overthere in Norway?

Oh so sorry. I'm not in Norway, at least not yet wink.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Markswag101: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Good Day house, Please what are my chances of securing an admission into norwegian university of science and technology in Applied Computer Science Msc with a 2.2 B.Eng Degree and how much are the living expenses for 2 years
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by harry2sexy(m): 8:39am On Sep 13, 2021
Finecat:
Do you guys still want to go to Norway after the killings of last week. Nigerians never cease to amaze me, Why Norway?? their economy is weak, language barrier, very unfriendly towards black especially Nigerians. We need to change our polity in Nigeria, it is sad how our kids are falling for misinformations. These EU countries are not the right places for any black man not to talk of Nigerians.

Nairaland is a compendium of knowledge,if you don't have concrete info,please don't type,just read and pass

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by humility33(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2021
Please which norway universities dont require IELTS for MSC admission?

Thanks...hoping for your response
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Precy102: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
I only know of University of Stavanger. You can do your research for other schools.

humility33:
Please which norway universities dont require IELTS for MSC admission?

Thanks...hoping for your response
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by humility33(m): 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
Precy102:
I only know of University of Stavanger. You can do your research for other schools.

Okay I will check it out thanks
But I don't have that sum of about 14k dollars (127k) NK....

I have my transcripts and I also made 4.08 GPA in my BSC degree
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by skinnybleed(m): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2021
After much research on Norway, I found this link. It's consist of about 20 Norwegian universities one can apply to. I noticed application process starts by October for international students. I'm about to kick start too and I would appreciate more people so we can go through the process together.

https://www.afterschoolafrica.com/7039/tuition-free-universities-in-norway/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Oluwatunmida: 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
Let's do this brother. i just mailed you

skinnybleed:
After much research on Norway, I found this link. It's consist of about 20 Norwegian universities one can apply to. I noticed application process starts by October for international students. I'm about to kick start too and I would appreciate more people so we can go through the process together.

https://www.afterschoolafrica.com/7039/tuition-free-universities-in-norway/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Sharon9914: 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
Blacktorres1989:
Thanks alot for this great work, this is the best explanation I have gotten in naira land for months, I would like to verify some important issues with you which I will like us to talk privately. Email me on uzomba2015@gmail.com thanks and God bless you. Will be waiting for your mail or better still u can drop urs for me. Thanks.

I am thinking of applying for a master's degree at Oslo.... Will be done with uni march next year and I want to serve before I leave but I need informations on what and what is really entake
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
Sharon9914:

I am thinking of applying for a master's degree at Oslo.... Will be done with uni march next year and I want to serve before I leave but I need informations on what and what is really entake

By next year march most applications would be closed...
About the info on what it entails, see the thread you're in...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lolaog: 1:25am On Sep 20, 2021
Hello guys,
I just joined here and I'm so excited.
I'd be applying to study in Norway next year and I think stumbling on this platform is definitely a sign �
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by phenzy(m): 11:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
I have a question please, can one use a US resident as one’s sponsor?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by yusuftosho: 12:03am On Sep 24, 2021
Good day guys,

Can someone with 3rd class be admitted for masters?

Or what other option is available for someone in the above category?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Prechy4naija(m): 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
Good day everyone, I trust you are all doing great. Please i would love this my questions to be taken seriously and attended to. I have been a follower of this thread for long. I am interested in studying in Norway, initially wanted to do my masters once am done with college but recently literally all my friends had relocated to ‘the abroad’, one even left in his 500L nursing, making me feel it not bad to leave the country at anytime once the opportunity comes.

So 1. Am just entering 400L mEdical lab science here in nigeria, I would love to pause my admission and travel or use my transcripts for transfer and continue maybe in year 2 or something over there if possible, is that possible
(That’s my first question)

No 2. With my little research I realized the amount needed for the block account( money paid into school account) is 4900NOk approximately #5.something million. I don’t have that amount right now, I want to know if there are agencies that could help with such amount for the proof of funds, I have seen some helping with ‘’proof of funds’’ but they only credit one’s Nigerian account.

3. I want your honest advice and guidance.
Thank, would be expecting replies….
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 1:51am On Sep 25, 2021
phenzy:
I have a question please, can one use a US resident as one’s sponsor?

Sure thing.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 1:52am On Sep 25, 2021
yusuftosho:
Good day guys,

Can someone with 3rd class be admitted for masters?

Or what other option is available for someone in the above category?

Unlikely if speaking realistically.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 1:58am On Sep 25, 2021
Prechy4naija:
Good day everyone, I trust you are all doing great. Please i would love this my questions to be taken seriously and attended to. I have been a follower of this thread for long. I am interested in studying in Norway, initially wanted to do my masters once am done with college but recently literally all my friends had relocated to ‘the abroad’, one even left in his 500L nursing, making me feel it not bad to leave the country at anytime once the opportunity comes.

So 1. Am just entering 400L mEdical lab science here in nigeria, I would love to pause my admission and travel or use my transcripts for transfer and continue maybe in year 2 or something over there if possible, is that possible
(That’s my first question)

No 2. With my little research I realized the amount needed for the block account( money paid into school account) is 4900NOk approximately #5.something million. I don’t have that amount right now, I want to know if there are agencies that could help with such amount for the proof of funds, I have seen some helping with ‘’proof of funds’’ but they only credit one’s Nigerian account.

3. I want your honest advice and guidance.
Thank, would be expecting replies….

1. Theoretically you CAN do a Bs.c in Norway, it's just hard to get the admission to. This is due to the language of instruction in most universities which is Norwegian. If you understand Norwegian go ahead. Or do check University of Oslo and NTNU if they have any English courses.
Do more research.

2. I don't know about this. If people do collect loans, I can assume they have to offer up very heavy collateral and such for such amounts, except you can get it from family members. Remember you are to have that amount for your upkeep for the year. Norway is a very expensive country to live in.

3. Honestly, do finish your B.sc, master's courses will definitely not go extinct by the time you are done and you'd have more time to work on your hunger for relocating and plan well.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by phenzy(m): 5:03am On Sep 25, 2021
aurorae1:

Sure thing.

Thanks brother but please how do I go about it
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Prechy4naija(m): 9:44am On Sep 25, 2021
aurorae1:

1. Theoretically you CAN do a Bs.c in Norway, it's just hard to get the admission to. This is due to the language of instruction in most universities which is Norwegian. If you understand Norwegian go ahead. Or do check University of Oslo and NTNU if they have any English courses.
Do more research.

2. I don't know about this. If people do collect loans, I can assume they have to offer up very heavy

collateral and such for such amounts, except you can get it from family members. Remember you are to have that amount for your upkeep for the year. Norway is a very expensive country to live in.

3. Honestly, do finish your B.sc, master's courses will definitely not go extinct by the time you are done and you'd have more time to work on your hunger for relocating and plan well.

Thanks a bunch
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by seyipeters(m): 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
Thanks chief
Arinze001:

Yeah, they do.
This ongoing admission roll-out, someone with a 2.94 got an admission offer. Surprising? Yeah, you can say that again!

The best bet is applying for what you did as an undergrad.

Spread your applications and be hopeful!.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by seyipeters(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
I did not. Was told they dont grant visas for bsc.
Luzznation:

Have you started your visa process

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.