Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,555 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551521 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Princepitbull(m): 12:48am On Oct 03, 2021
And Application has officially opened! I do expect more meaningful discussion here now to make this application a lot more easier for those applying.

Wishing us all success come next year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2021
Princepitbull:
And Application has officially opened! I do expect more meaningful discussion here now to make this application a lot more easier for those applying.

Wishing us all success come next year.
Lovely!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by geezy3(m): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
I'm not understanding the Norwegian C ECTS standard, what's the grade range to ours?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by de3lar(m): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2021
What are the chances of an undergraduate course in Norway?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
de3lar:
What are the chances of an undergraduate course in Norway?

Slim.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ge0grapher(m): 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
aurorae1:

Slim.

Is there any avenue to get funds for the block account??
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ge0grapher:

Is there any avenue to get funds for the block account??

You own, your family, banks?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by arixona: 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Am applying for bsc program in Nord University, am i alone here?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by de3lar(m): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
aurorae1:

Slim.

So I can't possibly chase Bsc courses in Norway right?

What if I wanna use my HND to go after PGD/Masters courses?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by arixona: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
de3lar:

What doesn't work for Mr a might work for Mr b , once your documents are complete, you can give it a try
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by TNORWAY: 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
Dollypizze:
[b]Good day everyone,[b/]

I’m just joining this thread while surfing for information regarding studies in Norway, thanks to a friend of mine who mentioned the country to my hearing.

Hence, I intend to plan towards the next academic session (2022/2023). However, I believe it will be nice to have people who are interested in the journey towards achieving this, come together (preferably through a whatsapp group)- where we’d get to share information (eg Timeline for application to different Schools, visa processes, accommodation, etc) much better and send applications respectively.

Anyone interested should kindly drop their whatsapp line and number on here.

Wish us all the best.
goodday,am interested in the group please.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Princepitbull(m): 12:52am On Oct 05, 2021
If you all head to the enclosed WhatsApp forum, how will future intending students have access to information you shared on such platform?

Imagine all the info on this page and how helpful it has been to us all. Stay here and share whatever info or ask questions when needed for the sake of others needing such information guys.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 6:53am On Oct 05, 2021
de3lar:

HND isn't accepted for Master's courses. As for PGD courses in Norway I have no idea. I do see some short term courses, they are very few in English and I'm not certain if HND can be used and a visa granted for them.
Check out University of Stavanger for these courses.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by shawnmich: 10:17am On Oct 05, 2021
They don't accept HND or ND for master and they only accept B from Nigerian. Those information is on the school pages. B equivalent to the acceptable grading scale from Nigerian

quote author=aurorae1 post=106458983]

HND isn't accepted for Master's courses. As for PGD courses in Norway I have no idea. I do see some short term courses, they are very few in English and I'm not certain if HND can be used and a visa granted for them.
Check out University of Stavanger for these courses.[/quote]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aurorae1: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
shawnmich:
They don't accept HND or ND for master and they only accept B from Nigerian. Those information is on the school pages. B equivalent to the acceptable grading scale from Nigerian

quote author=aurorae1 post=106458983]

Check out University of Stavanger for these courses.

People have gotten admission for master's degrees with less than a 'B', of course they had other things to buffer their applications.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sharon2015: 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
Good evening everyone, I had HND and currently doing my PGD here in Nigeria and I am planning to apply for my Master program in any affordable Norway university. Can they accept PGD for masters and can I apply the study visa with my kids or is it preferably I apply alone..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
aurorae1:

People have gotten admission for master's degrees with less than a 'B', of course they had other things to buffer their applications.

What's B equivalent in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by geezy3(m): 11:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
Most Norwegian school na C o not be abeg, u guys should be doing findings wella, it's on the schools website
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 06, 2021
geezy3:
Most Norwegian school na C o not be abeg, u guys should be doing findings wella, it's on the schools website

Yes o bro. I was scared when I started seeing C here. My 3.67 GPA for just useless like that. I rechecked my choice school nd like 6 schools later yesterday night and the minimum is C. Thank God my course is Agriculture and not that competitive
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 06, 2021
Beolly:
Hello, i'm new here. I studied Urban and Regional Planning at undergraduate level (2.1). Can anyone confirm if students are allowed to stay back after their study, because i'm not really looking to go there just for schooling, the aim is never to come back?. The chances of admission, I've checked out University of Bergen and i kind of like it. Someone should please add me to the Whatsapp group 0806. 366. 72.24

You guys should drop this whatapp group Idea na...so wat do you guys want future students to refer back to

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Fiestafetta: 10:15am On Oct 06, 2021
Hello house, please I have question to clarify some issues. I recommend a PhD program for a sister to study in the Norway but when she went through their requirements, she became scared and reluctant to give a try. Her fear is that, a PhD student is an employment in the Norway and as such doing a PhD program there might be very much difficult than in Nigeria. The student will be independent through the program unlike in Nigeria where you will be assigned a supervisor to always put you through. Please anyone with broad knowledge should shed more light.

My 2 question is that can someone that did DLC program from the University of Ibadan be eligible for master's degree in Norway? He has a second class lower division. Thank you all and good luck.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ajibolaoi: 1:44pm On Oct 06, 2021
Yes! Getting a PhD position for an international students from Nigeria is very difficult. Most of the positions for PhD are secure based on recommendation from Professors within the Europe.
I have a friend doing PhD in Norway, his first Degree was 1st class, Second degree from Europe with distinction....and he got recommendation from one of his Prof. for position of PhD in Norway. PhD is a paying Job in Norway.

Fiestafetta:
Hello house, please I have question to clarify some issues. I recommend a PhD program for a sister to study in the Norway but when she went through their requirements, she became scared and reluctant to give a try. Her fear is that, a PhD student is an employment in the Norway and as such doing a PhD program there might be very much difficult than in Nigeria. The student will be independent through the program unlike in Nigeria where you will be assigned a supervisor to always put you through. Please anyone with broad knowledge should shed more light.

My 2 question is that can someone that did DLC program from the University of Ibadan be eligible for master's degree in Norway? He has a second class lower division. Thank you all and good luck.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ajibolaoi: 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
Not competitive but with limited schools doing Agricultural courses.

Please which schools were you able to get Agricultural courses. I have interest...

Thank you

thormywa:

Yes o bro. I was scared when I started seeing C here. My 3.67 GPA for just useless like that. I rechecked my choice school nd like 6 schools later yesterday night and the minimum is C. Thank God my course is Agriculture and not that competitive
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by YoshihideSuga: 2:00pm On Oct 06, 2021
Ajibolaoi:
Yes! Getting a PhD position for an international students from Nigeria is very difficult. Most of the positions for PhD are secure based on recommendation from Professors within the Europe.
I have a friend doing PhD in Norway, his first Degree was 1st class, Second degree from Europe with distinction....and he got recommendation from one of his Prof. for position of PhD in Norway. PhD is a paying Job in Norway.

What are the job prospects for PhD graduates in Norway in a field like Bioengineering/Biotechnology/Molecular Sciences?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ajibolaoi: 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2021
If after done with PhD, i think getting a job should not be problem.....the person will spread his/her Opportunities across the whole Europe....not only Norway.

YoshihideSuga:

What are the job prospects for PhD graduates in Norway in a field like Bioengineering/Biotechnology/Molecular Sciences?

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.