Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551827 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Spider20: 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
castrokins:
So, Norway Is Introducing School Fees For Internationals From December 2022?
YES BRO
Such will take effect as of Next year,
It's such a pity.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Divinehenrich(m): 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
Any update
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Blessingekpo: 1:08am On Dec 13, 2022
Hi everyone
I really hope you read my messages as I'm in a desperate situation and need help

I'm a prospective graduate student applying to oslomet against autumn resumption next year.
My official transcripts were sent by my school here in Nigeria via DHL to be delivered to Oslo metropolitan university, Oslo Norway (Pilestredet 46 N-0167 Oslo) but it was delivered to a wrong location. (HUSEBYBAKKEN 5 admissions office oslo Norway)

I'm a Nigerian living in Nigeria.
I do not have anyone in Oslo, norway to help me pick it up from that location and have it delivered to oslomet.
I am way past the deadline but the school has given me the grace of this week to have it sent to the correct address.
I really do not want to lose this admission

Kindly let me know if there's anyone here who is willing to help me with that.
I look forward to hearing from you...
My Email: blessingekpoffon@gmail.com

I have attached proofs of my application to the university and delivery/ location of the transcripts to norway as sent by DHL

PS: I have reached out to DHL concerning this and they said I have to get a contact to help retrieve the documents from the wrong address..

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DabuIIIT: 3:23pm On Dec 13, 2022
Blessingekpo:
Hi everyone
I really hope you read my messages as I'm in a desperate situation and need help

I'm a prospective graduate student applying to oslomet against autumn resumption next year.
My official transcripts were sent by my school here in Nigeria via DHL to be delivered to Oslo metropolitan university, Oslo Norway (Pilestredet 46 N-0167 Oslo) but it was delivered to a wrong location. (HUSEBYBAKKEN 5 admissions office oslo Norway)

I'm a Nigerian living in Nigeria.
I do not have anyone in Oslo, norway to help me pick it up from that location and have it delivered to oslomet.
I am way past the deadline but the school has given me the grace of this week to have it sent to the correct address.
I really do not want to lose this admission

Kindly let me know if there's anyone here who is willing to help me with that.
I look forward to hearing from you...
My Email: blessingekpoffon@gmail.com

I have attached proofs of my application to the university and delivery/ location of the transcripts to norway as sent by DHL

PS: I have reached out to DHL concerning this and they said I have to get a contact to help retrieve the documents from the wrong address..
Why don't you tag peeps on this thread to help you out
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by WilsonChinedu: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hi Kalloy

Congratulations, I look forward to joining you soon. I have heard a lot about Norway instead of putting all my energy on USA.

Thanks, I look forward to having a chat with you .
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by toriiah: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2022
Hello. Are there any Nigerian trained doctors on this platform currently working in Norway? Please, I’d love to have a detailed conversation with you. I can’t find straight forward information online��
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by dorbul0t: 10:41am On Dec 29, 2022
Griot77:
Hello Everyone, please I need help especially from experienced members who have applied in the past, I have a few questions and concerns;
1. I want to apply to NTNU and University of Stavanger both applications will go through the soknaweb page. Is is possible to apply to 2 schools at the same time? On University of Stavanger page, it says they don't allow a candidate to have 2 profile. Please help me here.

2. I want to liquidate one of my asset to get the funds into the account and generate the account statement as proof of funds, I want to do this by weekend and generate the statement 48 hours after, hope this won't be am issue for the fact that the money is not in the account for long?

3. I have about 12 years Gap, finished my first degree in 2010 with 2.2(2nd class lower) but I have detailed my work experience on my CV and also detailed my SOP, will the academic Gap be an issue?

4. Any general advise and is there any WhatsApp or telegram group I can join to get further information and support?

Thanks and God bless everyone reading this and ready to guide.

Hello there, I hope this is not too late

1. Yes, it is possible to apply to two schools at the same time using the same profile.

2. I think the school might be concerned if the money hasn't been in your account for up to 3months but since you'll be sending it to them to create a Norwegian bank account on your behalf, everything should be well in the end.

3. The gap shouldn't be an issue if you've detailed the reason for the gap in your SOP and it sounds like you've been working for most of those 12 years so you should be fine.

4. Advice that you stare off WhatsApp or Telegram channels as scam activities are easily perpetuated on eager Nigerians that want to travel by all means. Nairaland is the best for you, trust me. Information is never deleted and it's all in the open for everyone to see and learn from your steps in the nearest future.

Good luck in all your endeavours �

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by dorbul0t: 10:45am On Dec 29, 2022
DeluxebyOVA:
"Please note that National Diploma and Higher National Diploma is not regarded as university education, unless incorporated into a bachelor's degree"

Please does this mean they don't accept students with HNDs degree sad
ND and HND degree only cannot be used to apply to that particular degree program or university (where you saw this) unless it has been incorporated into a bachelor's degree which means that you've studied up to ND/HND and went ahead to a University to complete a bachelor's degree afterwards. (That bachelor's degree you get in the end of the program has ND/HND incorporated in it)

I hope this helps. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DeluxebyOVA: 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
Helpful. Garcias

dorbul0t:

ND and HND degree only cannot be used to apply to that particular degree program or university (where you saw this) unless it has been incorporated into a bachelor's degree which means that you've studied up to ND/HND and went ahead to a University to complete a bachelor's degree afterwards. (That bachelor's degree you get in the end of the program has ND/HND incorporated in it)

I hope this helps. Good luck
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by dollarpo7(m): 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hi Guys, Just arrived in Oslo.

Any idea of a WhatsApp group for Nigerians living in Oslo.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Griot77(m): 11:04am On Jan 01, 2023
dorbul0t:

Hello there, I hope this is not too late

1. Yes, it is possible to apply to two schools at the same time using the same profile.

2. I think the school might be concerned if the money hasn't been in your account for up to 3months but since you'll be sending it to them to create a Norwegian bank account on your behalf, everything should be well in the end.

3. The gap shouldn't be an issue if you've detailed the reason for the gap in your SOP and it sounds like you've been working for most of those 12 years so you should be fine.

4. Advice that you stare off WhatsApp or Telegram channels as scam activities are easily perpetuated on eager Nigerians that want to travel by all means. Nairaland is the best for you, trust me. Information is never deleted and it's all in the open for everyone to see and learn from your steps in the nearest future.

Good luck in all your endeavours �

Thanks very much for your response, I have put in my application and all the necessary steps. Just waiting and locking forward to a positive response.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Beolly(m): 12:41am On Jan 08, 2023
What are the chances of getting a post graduation job visa upon graduation in Norway? This one thing nobody is talking about.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by womaniser(m): 12:15am On Feb 16, 2023
Beolly:
What are the chances of getting a post graduation job visa upon graduation in Norway? This one thing nobody is talking about.
Slim but possible. I've met a few Nigerians with good jobs. One in oil, another in a recruitment agency and then lecturers but I tell you, these guys have spent over 14 years in the country or were simply born in Norway. They came in when things were a lot easier

There's lots of Africans especially Ghanaians and it's suprising that men who have spent about 5-7years in Norway are still working cleaner or delivery hustles.

Norway is really close knit and minorities are systematically excluded. It's not an overt gesture but is formed through policies and requirements.

At career fairs, honest staff will tell you language is the first and big ceiling you have to break through before your skills or experience are even considered and I'm not talking A1 or A2 here, fluent professional level. You can't achieve that in 1 year what took Norwegians a whole childhood to learn.

Successful migrants who use alternative means to stay back usually end up starting a cleaning company or something similar to survive.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Divinehenrich(m): 12:03pm On Feb 16, 2023
Plz, how can one apply for a Ph.D. program in Norway? I need a genuine response
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Jenny2412(f): 12:54am On Feb 24, 2023
dorbul0t:

Your grade is not as bad as you think. But to stand out and get an admission, you'll need a strong motivation letter and good work experience (e.g 1yr experience as a teacher since you want to apply for "childhood studies"wink.

In the end, God works in wonderful ways. Wish you all the best in your application

Thank you so much man, I got an offer to study Community Development in VID, course is in Stavanger.
I'm presently at a cross road now, pls, I need sincere advice from people who have taken educational route to Norway.
Do you think Norway is worth paying over 10m to go to considering the introduction of tuition and other increment they did, as regards post study life, job opportunities, language barrier, general prospects? My siblings think I should do UK instead since UK involves almost the same amount, between the UK and Norway which do you think has a better prospect generally.

Anybody got admission to VID, want us to connect?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Jenny2412(f): 1:03am On Feb 24, 2023
dollarpo7:
Hi Guys, Just arrived in Oslo.

Any idea of a WhatsApp group for Nigerians living in Oslo.
So far, how can you describe your experience
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Jenny2412(f): 1:07am On Feb 24, 2023
Hello everyone, I got admission for Msc Community Development and Social Innovation at VID for Sept intake, I have few questions.
Considering the introduction of tuition fee, mine is a total of 262,000 krone for tuition and pof, do you think it is worth paying this much to go to Norway Considering the language barrier, job availability, career and general prospects? I need to know which you think is best between the UK and Norway Considering at this point one needs about same amount to run both. Thanks

If you got admission to VID and want us to hookup then c'mon
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Jenny2412(f): 1:38am On Feb 24, 2023
Samoluv:
Woow I must confess u're really lucky o. 1-2days compared to 4weeks. Is there any documents the bank will require?

Hello brother, if you're still active here I'd like to connect with you. Pls drop me your email address. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Jenny2412(f): 1:52am On Feb 24, 2023
Beolly:

Omo, this is the koko oo, I just got an offer but proceeding come dey fear me considering the huge fees involved, a part of me is telling me splash the money on UK instead
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Jenny2412(f): 2:12am On Feb 24, 2023
poeticgig:

Hello Ayodeji. I would love to connect with you and ask you some questions with regards to travel to Norway. How can I reach you? This is my number +2348161214294
Pls has he responded to you, can't send him a pm and I really wish to connect
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Jenny2412(f): 2:14am On Feb 24, 2023
walealao:

Hello, Just to answer your question, the acceptance rate is good at the University of Bergen. From my experience am currently studying at NTNU, Trondheim (Norwegian University of Science and Technology) which the cost of living is affordable and you can hustle too. Compared with Bergen which has a higher cost of living and also you need a lot to connect to live. I will suggest that you also apply to NTNU Trondheim,
UIS Stavanger and more

Can I send you an email, mind dropping ut?
Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ayodeji1998: 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2023
Hello
Jenny2412:

Pls has he responded to you, can't send him a pm and I really wish to connect
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Beolly(m): 12:11am On Feb 25, 2023
Jenny2412:

Omo, this is the koko oo, I just got an offer but proceeding come dey fear me considering the huge fees involved, a part of me is telling me splash the money on UK instead

Questions about Post graduation job in Norway is one question many find very difficult to answer. There are no clear cut answers as regards that

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Divinehenrich(m): 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2023
Please, have universities in Norway start giving out admission for master's degrees this 2023.
Like the University of Stavanger, NTNU, etc
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Haggai92: 12:25am On Mar 10, 2023
I think most universities will send out decisions within this month

Divinehenrich:
Please, have universities in Norway start giving out admission for master's degrees this 2023.
Like the University of Stavanger, NTNU, etc

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Divinehenrich(m): 5:00am On Mar 10, 2023
Ok. Thanks
Haggai92:
I think most universities will send out decisions within this month

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chaiks: 9:32pm On Mar 14, 2023
So no more free tuition. I think there would be less or no application from Africa as a whole starting from this year.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Canopy2018(m): 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
What is the cost of school fee in Norway universities?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Griot77(m): 5:22am On Apr 01, 2023
Hello Everyone, just to inform you all that NTNU sent me a mail yesterday, I was not offered admission because of my low CGPA(2.91) compared to other applicants for the courses I applied for.
Thanks for the support here, we move!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 6:00pm On Apr 06, 2023
Divinehenrich:
Plz, how can one apply for a Ph.D. program in Norway? I need a genuine response
Public PhD positions are published usually on: https://www.jobbnorge.no/search/en
Also check the university websites and their social media. You have to find the positions yourself as in Norway applying for a PhD is the same as applying for a job.

If you've done your M. A. already in Nigeria or elsewhere, a PhD can be a really good way to go to Norway. PhD positions are in the vast majority of cases paid positions and you'd have no tuition or anything to deal with.

Also, it's quite a shame about the coming tuition for BA and MA. In the academic sector you'll find a lot of resistance against tuition, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like much can be done to combat it. It's truly sad that countries which heavily benefit from the exploitation of the global south close their borders and make education unattainable, further impoverishing the people they are exploiting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.