Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551831 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2022
Swealy:
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to get a side job while studying in Norway and also how cheap is accommodation in Norway?

And how much can I budget, will 2 million be enough
Yes it's possible to get a side job while schooling. They are more jobs in bigger cities like Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger etc. Accomodation is also expensive but your part time job of 80 hours a month can cater for the rent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by laivwire(m): 9:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
greatalexander:

Have you received decision yet on your application? When did you apply?

Yes, back in July
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
laivwire:

Yes, back in July
Please on which date did you apply and which date did you get duf number until the decision?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Swealy: 6:07am On Aug 30, 2022
KillerBeauty:

Yes it's possible to get a side job while schooling. They are more jobs in bigger cities like Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger etc. Accomodation is also expensive but your part time job of 80 hours a month can cater for the rent.

Thank you for the response.

What about the budget ? Like how much can one take going there ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2022
Swealy:

Thank you for the response.

What about the budget ? Like how much can one take going there ?
You deposit 128,889 Norwegian krone to the school account. The money will be refunded to you when you get there. That's what you use to survive.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by laivwire(m): 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
greatalexander:

Please on which date did you apply and which date did you get duf number until the decision?
Applied 20th June at VFS, got DUF by July 15th

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
laivwire:

Applied 20th June at VFS, got DUF by July 15th
Thanks for your response. I have been thinking my case is taking too long for getting the duf and consequently the decision but I have now seen that the time you got duf and decision was short. In which of the universities are you now studying by the way?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lekzy06: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2022
KillerBeauty:

You deposit 128,889 Norwegian krone to the school account. The money will be refunded to you when you get there. That's what you use to survive.

Please is there any telegram or WhatsApp link or whatever for maybe Nigerians studying in Norway or so I need help and guidance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lekzy06: 9:47am On Sep 03, 2022
Ayodeji1998:
It's usually 3-4 weeks. Last year because I was given early admission I was given about 6 weeks. Also last year because it was a pandemic year my school UIS kept extending the deadline up to June for those who wanted to transfer the funds.

Please can I have your email or number? I need guidance I wanna start my process

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lekzy06: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2022
Cherryberry456:

Nord University

Hello please can you send me your email or phone no. So as to be able to communicate with you better, seems you have better knowledge about studying in Norway

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Swealy: 10:55am On Sep 05, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please I need help with Norwegian students visa. Does anyone have someone who specializes in the application process and visa

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by poeticgig(m): 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ayodeji1998:
When I did mine I was really lucky . I applied through Uba on Thursday and on Monday my account had been debited sent a proof of documents to the school and 48hrs after I got a confirmation from the school that they have received the funds. For some of my friends it took about 1-4 weeks for their form A to be approved . It just depends on the time you apply

Hello Ayodeji. I would love to connect with you and ask you some questions with regards to travel to Norway. How can I reach you? This is my number +2348161214294
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by poeticgig(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2022
CuteTj:
@ uchechukwu007, there is no interview. All you need do is submit your passport along with your documents and after their checks, they will notify you if your visa request is denied or issued.

@ KillerBeauty, when the school notifies you if you have been granted admission, they usually give a one month window in which you have to transfer the money.

@ vinlyreeks, you only need one transcript for multiple study programs in one school. The admission office of the school is the department that receives the transcript and it can be accessed by all the departments you are applying to.

@ lady25, if visa is denied, the school will send the money back to the applicant. All you need do is notify them.

@ toyin03, yes Norway is expensive compared to other European countries but at the same time their salaries are higher compared to those countries. Vaseline I buy in Lagos for N300, after currency conversions, its N930 in London but 1250 here in Norway. When you get a job and start earning their currency, you will realize life here is not expensive as you are made to believe as you generally will be earning well. Its only expensive if you bring your own currency and start doing all the conversions.

Yes. I and my son have joined my wife in Norway.

Fiance!! I don't remember mentioning fiance. Although I know boyfriends/girlfriends/fiance/fiancee can visit their partners for periods but its only applicable to partners of Norwegian citizens and I think that was just a different visa program during the lockdown when there were strict entry requirements. I don't know if the program is still ongoing as entry restrictions have been lifted.

@ anakinmike, I doubt as a student you will get anything more than a 1 month visa validity. If you need more than a month, apply for another visa category. But why will you need 8 - 9 months visa validity if I may ask?

@ Omini247, they cant deny you admission on that basis. So far you meet the requirements, you are good.

@ Mykelslim, their Msc programs are 2 year programs. Bsc, 3 years.

Hi Chris. Is there a way I can reach out to you via email? I would love to get some information with regards to Norway from you. Thanks! Here is my number+2348161214294
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ubom123: 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
Please when is the masters admission process for Norway starting for the next academic session?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2022
ubom123:
Please when is the masters admission process for Norway starting for the next academic session?
Next month October

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 11:55am On Sep 15, 2022
KillerBeauty:

Next month October
Pls can you brief me on schools offering Masters in Law and where to apply...
From my research, It seems that there are just few of them
Uni of Oslo and other 2 that I can barely remember.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
Omini247:

Pls can you brief me on schools offering Masters in Law and where to apply...
From my research, It seems that there are just few of them
Uni of Oslo and other 2 that I can barely remember.
https://studyinnorway.no
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
KillerBeauty:

But I already know about this ma
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2022
KillerBeauty:

Do you have any link on erasmus mundus application?
Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 9:00am On Sep 16, 2022
Omini247:

But I already know about this ma
But you were asking if there is any school offering law. That's the link to check for courses and schools in Norway.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 9:01am On Sep 16, 2022
Omini247:

Do you have any link on erasmus mundus application?
Thanks
Check this one.
https://www.eacea.ec.europa.eu/scholarships/emjmd-catalogue_en?f%5B0%5D=studies_for_emjmd_studies_for_emjmd_project%3A21&f%5B1%5D=years_for_emjmd_years_for_emjmd%3A13&page=1
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 8:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
KillerBeauty:

But you were asking if there is any school offering law. That's the link to check for courses and schools in Norway.
thank you very much
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
KillerBeauty:

Check this one.
https://www.eacea.ec.europa.eu/scholarships/emjmd-catalogue_en?f%5B0%5D=studies_for_emjmd_studies_for_emjmd_project%3A21&f%5B1%5D=years_for_emjmd_years_for_emjmd%3A13&page=1
Once again thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2022
Pls what religion is most practiced in Norway?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Beolly(m): 11:52pm On Sep 17, 2022
Omini247:
Pls what religion is most practiced in Norway?
How's that relevant to you studying in Norway?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Divinehenrich(m): 7:04am On Sep 18, 2022
Plz, I need an urgent answer. Which University in Norway doesn't require an applicant to send a hard copy of the BSc degree?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 8:35am On Sep 18, 2022
Divinehenrich:
Plz, I need an urgent answer. Which University in Norway doesn't require an applicant to send a hard copy of the BSc degree?
I don't think there's a university in Norway that requires hard copy of your degree certificate. They only want hard copy of your transcript sent directly from your school in Nigeria via post.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
Beolly:

How's that relevant to you studying in Norway?

I need to know
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Beolly(m): 12:04am On Sep 19, 2022
Omini247:

I need to know
Una too dey carry religion for head in this country. Nigerians so religious yet so wicked.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Kunfu(m): 6:57am On Sep 22, 2022
Please I need full information about studying in Norway every step I need to take, please can someone guide me or is ther any whatsapp group for this
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Brunel(m): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2022
Good evening everyone.
With respect to Documentation Requirements for International Applicants, (https://www.uis.no/en/studies/documentation-requirements-for-international-applicants) how can I upload OFFICIAL UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT when I am only given student copy from my university?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Omini247: 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2022
KillerBeauty:

Pls I need a strong application letter format from you pabloshenko001@gmail.com or +2348056030658

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.