Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552142 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 12:40am On May 15, 2013
@ Ezma, pls i don't undestand what you mean by 86% CGPA.

Our GP is usually over 5.

Starting from 3.5 is second class upper. 4.5 is 1st class.

So what do you mean by 86%?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 12:58am On May 15, 2013
4rm my Knowledge in Maths, 86% CGPA of maximum of 5 is 4.3.

Please do you mean that a CGPA of 4.3 will only be considered for second round?

Apart from CGPA, is there anything one can do to stand a better chance of getting admission there.

And i think the toughness of admission should depend on the course in question, and the number of people seeking for the course.

From the look of things, i may graduate with CGPA of between 3.5--3.8 by God's grace.
So does it mean i cant secure admission there?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ezme(m): 10:26am On May 15, 2013
Ezegozie: 4rm my Knowledge in Maths, 86% CGPA of maximum of 5 is 4.3.

Please do you mean that a CGPA of 4.3 will only be considered for second round?

Apart from CGPA, is there anything one can do to stand a better chance of getting admission there.

And i think the toughness of admission should depend on the course in question, and the number of people seeking for the course.

From the look of things, i may graduate with CGPA of between 3.5--3.8 by God's grace.
So does it mean i cant secure admission there?

The only way you would get in is when people with better CGPA don't apply this year. And believe me many people are looking for a way to get around cost of graduate school and Norway is a highly preferred destination. Preliminary application is free, So you should still go ahead and apply anyway.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2013
ezme:

The only way you would get in is when people with better CGPA don't apply this year. And believe me many people are looking for a way to get around cost of graduate school and Norway is a highly preferred destination. Preliminary application is free, So you should still go ahead and apply anyway.

@ezme, maybe i will apply in many universities and in each university, i will about 8 courses.
e.g i may chose Uni of stavanger and put about 4 courses of my choice and also
Univ of Bergen and chose another 4 courses ...
I will apply in about 8 universities.

And out of the 8 universities, one may offer me admission in any of the courses.

And is 2.1 all that easy to get?
Why are they so many people with second class upper holders? (LOL)

they say if i have work experience, i should include it. Do they also mean I can include my experience in I.T?

And i am a 3rd yr student, so i am not applying this year, just want to have some idea.
are you a student in Norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ezme(m): 1:48pm On May 15, 2013
Ezegozie:

@ezme, maybe i will apply in many universities and in each university, i will about 8 courses.
e.g i may chose Uni of stavanger and put about 4 courses of my choice and also
Univ of Bergen and chose another 4 courses ...
I will apply in about 8 universities.

And out of the 8 universities, one may offer me admission in any of the courses.

And is 2.1 all that easy to get?
Why are they so many people with second class upper holders? (LOL)

they say if i have work experience, i should include it. Do they also mean I can include my experience in I.T?

And i am a 3rd yr student, so i am not applying this year, just want to have some idea.
are you a student in Norway

I don't know if there is a limit to number of courses you could apply for in a particular School. What you also have to understand is that not all courses are available in English. And most of the courses available are not the popular ones you hear of.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 8:56pm On May 15, 2013
Jaga Jaga: @ihuoma85 i noticed from your posts that you reside in Norway. I'll like to know the city you stay in and the percentage of Nigerians in Norway. Were u born in Norway and are u married to a Nigerian (if yes did you both meet in Norway). I'll also like to know if there are decent single Nigerian females in Norway. Lastly, what kind of jobs do Nigerians do in Norway.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 9:00pm On May 15, 2013
Jaga Jaga: @olibyno when were you admitted and what course were you admitted to. Your GPA must have been very high for you to get admission there.
Why don't you try finnish schools as they only need you to show a sum of about 1.2 mil in your Naija account.

@Jaga Jaga, i gues, these were your posts when you were desperately in need of information. Now you are admitted you are keeping quiet over my questions.

Anyway, i won't blame you. But all i know is My God will always answer me even if you keep quiet....
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 9:04pm On May 15, 2013
@ Ezme, thank You so much for your responses. I think Nigeria need people like you to move forward, not some selfish individual that will like others to help them, and refuse to help others after they are helped.

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ezme(m): 6:57pm On May 16, 2013
Ezegozie: @ Ezme, thank You so much for your responses. I think Nigeria need people like you to move forward, not some selfish individual that will like others to help them, and refuse to help others after they are helped.

Thanks so much

thanks for the compliment but I don't think you should be confrontational if people don't respond to your request on time. Someone who can would always do so in due time. Also try as much as possible to find out information on your own. With persistence you would see what you are looking for. Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 7:43am On May 17, 2013
Ezegozie: @ Ezme, thank You so much for your responses. I think Nigeria need people like you to move forward, not some selfish individual that will like others to help them, and refuse to help others after they are helped.

Thanks so much
Bros no vex ooh, I hardly come to the travel section again (I only come to give back to a forum that has helped me a lot). If I never wanted to help I wouldn't have responded to the first question you asked.

Admission really depends on the quality of applicants. For your course, petroleum geology, there are a lot of quality applicants every year. But i still believe that you can get admitted by including your I.T experience, a good recommendation letter from your professor and last but not the least prayers (this should even come first). A friend over here told me of his friend with a 1st class that wasn't admitted to offshore technology (subsea).

I will give you one secret: If you are hell bent on coming to Norway, you can take a risk and apply for the master program in environmental technology (offshore) because they have less applicants here compared to petroleum geology. When you come here, you can likely switch to petroleum geology if some students that were initially admitted to the geology program fail to come for whatever reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 7:54pm On May 17, 2013
ezme:

thanks for the compliment but I don't think you should be confrontational if people don't respond to your request on time. Someone who can would always do so in due time. Also try as much as possible to find out information on your own. With persistence you would see what you are looking for. Cheers!!!

thanks, but also try hard not to kill somebody's hope.

Telling somebody that 86% Gp is required for second admission process is highly debilitating..

Without even mentioning the school's name or even the course which the high GP is required.

Please we all should be encouraging our coleages not discouraging them with unspecific and vague information
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 7:58pm On May 17, 2013
Jaga Jaga:
Bros no vex ooh, I hardly come to the travel section again (I only come to give back to a forum that has helped me a lot). If I never wanted to help I wouldn't have responded to the first question you asked.

Admission really depends on the quality of applicants. For your course, petroleum geology, there are a lot of quality applicants every year. But i still believe that you can get admitted by including your I.T experience, a good recommendation letter from your professor and last but not the least prayers (this should even come first). A friend over here told me of his friend with a 1st class that wasn't admitted to offshore technology (subsea).

I will give you one secret: If you are hell bent on coming to Norway, you can take a risk and apply for the master program in environmental technology (offshore) because they have less applicants here compared to petroleum geology. When you come here, you can likely switch to petroleum geology if some students that were initially admitted to the geology program fail to come for whatever reasons.

thanks so much for this. Yes i am now very happy.

Please do you know how competitive MARINE GEOLOGY and GEOPHYSICS are?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ezme(m): 9:05pm On May 17, 2013
The bolded
Ezegozie: Jaga Jaga, pls i would like you to help me.

I am a 3rd yr student of unizik (geology) and would like to do my Msc in petroleum geoscience enginering @ university of stavanger after graduating.
Is it possible to work and study @ the same time to supplement your stay in Norway?
Is it possible to get work there (in Norway) after finishing your Msc?
What advice do you have to give a poor student wanting to study in Noray?
Please i would like us to be friends on facebook
my facebook ID is Ezenwere Chigozie
you can also send me a message to this mail Gozie4peace@yahoo.com.
I seriously need your help

was replied with

ezme:

In 2011 only those that could document 86% CGPA qualified to enter the second round of applications from Nigeria. I'm not talking got admission, i'm talking got instruction to send transcript for final assessment.

And I went further to tell you this..........

ezme:

And you still saw the need to say this

Ezegozie:

thanks, but also try hard not to kill somebody's hope.

Telling somebody that 86% Gp is required for second admission process is highly debilitating..

Without even mentioning the school's name or even the course which the high GP is required.

Please we all should be encouraging our coleages not discouraging them with unspecific and vague information

Don't feel bad if nobody responds to you after now. As I can see that you are the fickle-minded individual that craves being given false hope. I thought I was helping but i believe this would be my last response to you. You come off as a very rude and proud person and this attitude will not get help your way. Go fix yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 9:37pm On May 17, 2013
i will feel much more happy if nobody responds to my question, than one MR NO IT ALL to come here to be giving me unspecific and vague information picked from Nowhere.
CAN YOU JUST TELL ME HOW ANY OF YOUR POST WILL HELP ANYONE IN THIS FORUM?
Is it by saying that 86% GP is required from Nigerian students before second round or what

If i may ask......86% GP requied in which university (NTNU, UIO, UIS) to study which course?
:::..:::::medicine, physics or what?
Cant you be specific for once in your life?

Cant you see how
Jaga Jaga went straight to the point and hit the nail on the head?

And you are here boasting with unspecific and vague information!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahh

for those of you who would like to read more about Norwagian admission vistit this website http://jeevith20./2010/12/29/masters-application-to-norway/
leave EZME abi na ECZEMA alone hahahahah.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by norway1: 8:25pm On May 19, 2013
Jaja and mobuch I seriously need your help

uni of oslo messed me up but im trying to make something out of the situation

I would like if you could help please.

please very urgent and important
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by henrybenny(m): 3:52am On May 20, 2013
please guys , i need ur advise , especially those in Norway, i,m presently in Qatar and i,m planing to relocate to norway or japan , pls which do you prefer , THANKS
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:12am On May 20, 2013
@ all,
Best of the day.
My cousin got admision in an uni in Norway.
What are the required supporting docs for visa interview.
Interview has been scheduled for month end, what are the likely questns?
I will also appreciate any advise.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ezme(m): 10:45am On May 20, 2013
mercylicious: @ all,
Best of the day.
My cousin got admision in an uni in Norway.
What are the required supporting docs for visa interview.
Interview has been scheduled for month end, what are the likely questns?
I will also appreciate any advise.

Hello Mercylicious
I think should be all

What must you hand in with the application?

Both applicants who register their applications online and those who hand in a paper version need to hand in their passport and other necessary documentation.

If you apply online, you will at the same time book an appointment for handing in your documents to the police or an embassy. You will not have to wait in line when you turn up for your appointment.

If are not applying online you need to contact the embassy to find out when to hand in the documents along with the application form.

When you have visited the embassy or police station and handed in your passport and other necessary documentation we will start to process your application.In addition to the completed application form (online or paper version), you must enclose:

1: a completed application form for a student residence permit
2: a copy of your passport
3: a passport photo/ photo that meets specific requirements
4: a letter of admission from the educational institution containing your name, the study programme you have been admitted to and the duration of your studies
5: documentation of financial maintenance (subsistence), for example in the form of documentation of support from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund, a transcript of your bank balance or a confirmation from an educational institution that the money is deposited in its account
6: documentation that you have somewhere to live
7: documentation of paid application fee
8: a translation of the documents into Norwegian or English.

As a rule, it is sufficient that you enclose a copy of the documents with your application, but you must present the original documents when you hand in your application.

See also for better understanding http://www.udi.no/Norwegian-Directorate-of-Immigration/Central-topics/Studies/How-do-I-apply-for-a-residence-permit-for-students/#whatm

P.S: Is your Cousin having an interview or just an appointment to hand in supporting documents?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 4:45pm On May 21, 2013
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 4:54pm On May 21, 2013
norway1: Jaja and mobuch I seriously need your help

uni of oslo messed me up but im trying to make something out of the situation

I would like if you could help please.

please very urgent and important

i think you disobeyed the 19th rule.

I thought you know it all?
no wonder you kept on giving vague and unspecific answer.

The day this ID was created was the day you wrote on this thread and another thread ABOUT AUSTRIA.

Now who is decieving who?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by giddadon(m): 2:59pm On May 25, 2013
Hi guys....i'd be relocating to norway in a couple of months to stay and work....u know nah for greener pastures....sinc naija no make sence again 4 we youths....oslo to be exact...so i was wondering...does anyone have an idea on how to go about resident and work permit,and how long does it take to get it?....and hows the job hunting there in oslo?
...thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by topobi: 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,
I have been admitted into Msc. Technology and Safety in University of Tromso, Norway... I will like to get linked up with Nigerians in this program and University, ..

Will like to know list of things I must come along with..

Troms is in the North - I will like to know survival tips there. What to know about job opportunities too.?

I am currently waiting for the VISA outcome and hope to arrive Tromso in August 5.. Please I need help..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ceechedah: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2013
goodday everyone, pls ezme n jaga jaga i need ur help in gettin some information, i wld like to come n do my masters in norway,i wld like to study international business,i studied accountancy in my first degree n graduated wit a first class,wat r my chances of getting admitted n also securing a job while studying...i heard for some schools in norway it is tuition frree,pls hw true is dat? N for the ones dat isnt wat is the range for their tuition fee. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ezme(m): 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
ceechedah: goodday everyone, pls ezme n jaga jaga i need ur help in gettin some information, i wld like to come n do my masters in norway,i wld like to study international business,i studied accountancy in my first degree n graduated wit a first class,wat r my chances of getting admitted n also securing a job while studying...i heard for some schools in norway it is tuition frree,pls hw true is dat? N for the ones dat isnt wat is the range for their tuition fee. Thanks

Personally I feel your chances are very high judging by your class of degree only, although some schools pay more attention to the modules you took during undergraduate study, the link below should help you. It already is a streamlined search, go through the program description see if they meet what you want, and if you meet their pre-requisite requirements.Also, have it in mind that you may be required to take GRE, GMAT and probably a test of English language.

http://www.studyinnorway.no/vzt/search?restricttocategory=3&CategorySearchButton=Search
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ezme(m): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ceechedah: 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
thanks ezme,i really appreciate. God bless u
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ceechedah: 12:16am On Jun 26, 2013
thanks again ezme...pls i wld like to no if its easy or difficult to get a job while studying and also if this racism issue is too much dere. Thanks
ezme: I think you should take a close look at these...

http://www.studyinnorway.no/Masters-course-search/Masterprogram/Double-degree-NHH-MSc-in-Economics-and-Business-Administration-EGADE-Master-in-International-Business-Master-in-Finance-Master-in-Marketing

http://www.studyinnorway.no/Masters-course-search/Masterprogram/Master-in-International-Business

http://www.studyinnorway.no/Masters-course-search/Masterprogram/International-Business-and-Marketing

http://www.studyinnorway.no/Masters-course-search/Masterprogram/Master-of-Science-in-Business-Administration-International-Management

P.S: I believe this site may not contain all the programs that exist so you may want to create the time to look through individual schools. Application is usually free so my take is that you apply to as many as possible.
thanks again ezme...pls i wld like to no if its easy or difficult to get a job while studying and also if this racism issue is too much dere. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ezme(m): 1:21am On Jun 26, 2013
ceechedah: thanks again ezme...pls i wld like to no if its easy or difficult to get a job while studying and also if this racism issue is too much dere. Thanksthanks again ezme...pls i wld like to no if its easy or difficult to get a job while studying and also if this racism issue is too much dere. Thanks

I'm presently not in Norway, so I would not be in the right position to answer your question, but I think jaga jaga and the others should be able to help you.Also try searching for Nigerians who graduated from or are currently studying at the schools you are interested in on Linkedin.com, you will be overwhelmed by the quality of information you would get from them. Also try "liking" their page on Facebook and you would get other basic information there also. But, trust me on the "linkedin" option, all you have to do is introduce yourself politely when adding them on linkedin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ceechedah: 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
ezme:

I'm presently not in Norway, so I would not be in the right position to answer your question, but I think jaga jaga and the others should be able to help you.Also try searching for Nigerians who graduated from or are currently studying at the schools you are interested in on Linkedin.com, you will be overwhelmed by the quality of information you would get from them. Also try "liking" their page on Facebook and you would get other basic information there also. But, trust me on the "linkedin" option, all you have to do is introduce yourself politely when adding them on linkedin.
thanks alot ezme
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by giddadon(m): 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
ceechedah: thanks alot ezme
[quote author=ezme]

I'm presently not in Norway, so I would not be in the right position to answer your question, but I think jaga jaga and the others should be able to help you.Also try searching for Nigerians who graduated from or are currently studying at the schools you are interested in on Linkedin.com, you will be overwhelmed by the quality of information you would get from them. Also try "liking" their page on Facebook and you would get other basic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.