Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,098 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552540 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olalekank(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2018
skarlett:

That is for one year
thank you. I'm kinda confused with something. I'm still reading the thread and would soon be done.

In my school, unilag, I'd be finishing my final exams in late October. Can I apply that same year looking at the fact that my transcript/certificate might not be available until February the year after

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olalekank(m): 11:49am On Feb 19, 2018
olujastro:

Well, it's been nice over here since I landed on the 8th Aug. Much calmer and organised kind of life compared to the chaos I lived with in lagos. The school system is on point, transportation on point, everything is made easy for you here but u must follow the rules and do away the usual Nigerian habit of cutting corners.
For the weather, it's kind of cold for summer, as low as 9-19'c in Stavanger. But you'll definitely adapt. 11'c with rain and high winds greeted me at Stavanger airport and it wasn't pleasant on my body even with Jacket. But after a few days, I go out with just t-shirt.
Things are very expensive here, at first you'll be converting to naira and screaming at the prices. But you'll get used to it over time.
As you know, the Oil industry is still asleep worldwide for now, so we can only hope prices pick up soon which in turn opens up the job Market.
USN still requires English testing, Either IELTS or TOEFL.
Are you still in Norway?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olalekank(m): 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
Great job has been going on here. Having read from the beginning till the end, I hope I'm also able to gain admission when it's my time.

Lemme go and start looking for funds..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olalekank(m): 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
Great job has been going on here. Having read from the beginning till the end, I hope I'm also able to gain admission when it's my time.

Come autumn 2020
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olalekank(m): 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
polis007:
I applied for MSc Molecular Biology at NTNU for Autumn 2018, I graduated from Unilag, I studied Cell Biology and Genetics.

If you're an MSc hopefully like me hola.
First person I'm seeing from unilag.
I'd be finishing from computer science next year with about 3.5/3.6.
Can I apply that same next year by December, I'm worried about getting transcript before application closes...

Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
Olalekank:

First person I'm seeing from unilag.
I'd be finishing from computer science next year with about 3.5/3.6.
Can I apply that same next year by December, I'm worried about getting transcript before application closes...

Thank you
Oh great Akokite, you should hv graduated by August thereabout next yr and your transcripts should be ready by then. Unilag student records is one of the best in Nigeria if not the best. I paid 12k and my transcripts was uploaded on Soknadsweb and sent via DHL it got to Norway within 4 days. Also NTNU encourages sending of incomplete transcript ie whatever records you hv as at the time you want to apply so in any case you can still send your records whenever and they can work with that provided you will graduate within the stipulated time. online portal (Soknadsweb) opened mid October 2017 for Autumn, 2018 session so bear that in mind.You can always contact NTNU for any enquiries. I graduated with 4.27 CGPA from CBG, I'm optimistic my application will be successful because I chose the same course for MSC and I read from the requirements that priority is accorded apart from ones CGPA, the relevance of your course of study to the program you applied for. In other words, I expected to hv priority consideration for the same program over a Biochemist and other related biological science courses for instance. I should be in Trondheim Norway by 2wk of August, 2018 by the grace of God. Hopefully I will be your forerunner to guide you during your own application process.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
Olalekank:

Are you still in Norway?
let me answer for him, yes he is still in Norway, I joined him some months after he wrote what you quoted. So he is now a grandfather in Norway

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olalekank(m): 6:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
Uchboggy:
let me answer for him, yes he is still in Norway, I joined him some months after he wrote what you quoted. So he is now a grandfather in Norway
Loool, me self I get many grandfathers for Norway.
Let me go and start praying and finding funds.

My unilag brother polis007 has given me moral. I got to step up my game and graduate with the best I can.

I'm being optimistic and I know I'd join everyone in Norway, expect your boy.

Thank you for your response
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olalekank(m): 7:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
polis007:

Oh great Akokite, you should hv graduated by August thereabout next yr and your transcripts should be ready by then. Unilag student records is one of the best in Nigeria if not the best. I paid 12k and my transcripts was uploaded on Soknadsweb and sent via DHL it got to Norway within 4 days. Also NTNU encourages sending of incomplete transcript ie whatever records you hv as at the time you want to apply so in any case you can still send your records whenever and they can work with that provided you will graduate within the stipulated time. online portal (Soknadsweb) opened mid October 2017 for Autumn, 2018 session so bear that in mind.You can always contact NTNU for any enquiries. I graduated with 4.27 CGPA from CBG, I'm optimistic my application will be successful because I chose the same course for MSC and I read from the requirements that priority is accorded apart from ones CGPA, the relevance of your course of study to the program you applied for. In other words, I expected to hv priority consideration for the same program over a Biochemist and other related biological science courses for instance. I should be in Trondheim Norway by 2wk of August, 2018 by the grace of God. Hopefully I will be your forerunner to guide you during your own application process.

Amen!
Thank you for your lengthy answer. There are some questions Please I'd like to ask you personally but for the sake of other unilag students...

I would be writing the final exam next year (500 level), due to ASUU strike, NASU strike currently ongoing, we might not get to finish the semester until late October. My question is this, since lecturers would still be marking and all those preparations, can one still successfully apply to a school in Norway apart from NTNU?
Thank you, please can I get your personal number?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 19, 2018
Olalekank:

thank you. I'm kinda confused with something. I'm still reading the thread and would soon be done.

In my school, unilag, I'd be finishing my final exams in late October. Can I apply that same year looking at the fact that my transcript/certificate might not be available until February the year after

When you find a school you're interested in, send them a mail on this question. They'll be in a better position to answer

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2018
Uchboggy:
Lol. You no serious
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
Olalekank:

Some schools begin their admission process in October and end in December. I can't remember their deadlines for receiving your hard copy transcript.
For UiS, the admission process begins in December and closes around January 15th. Your hard copy transcript and other requested documents should be received by March 5th thereabouts. Go through the sites of the school(s) you are interested in to see their various deadlines.

I also see some people bringing back the issue of certifying results or certificates in court before sending or uploading them. I repeat, there is nothing like this as a requirement. I didn't do anything like that. Provided your documents carry the stamp of your school, the issuing authority, it's perfect.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olalekank(m): 9:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
olujastro:

Some schools begin their admission process in October and end in December. I can't remember their deadlines for receiving your hard copy transcript.
For UiS, the admission process begins in December and closes around January 15th. Your hard copy transcript and other requested documents should be received by March 5th thereabouts. Go through the sites of the school(s) you are interested in to see their various deadlines.

I also see some people bringing back the issue of certifying results or certificates in court before sending or uploading them. I repeat, there is nothing like this as a requirement. I didn't do anything like that. Provided your documents carry the stamp of your school, the issuing authority, it's perfect.

Thanks bruh!
I'd check out the school sites now

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
Bandeco:

Your GPA is too too too poor to be considered in any Norwegian school. Don't waste time applying.

Even some folks with 2.1 sef never see admission

Evening Bro. I'm in my mid-30s thereabout, a B.Sc(Ed) Economics with 2.1; I am thinking of applying to M.Sc prog in a university in Norway because of her free tuition but then I saw some of your posts with respect to Sweden...even though Universities in Sweden are no longer tuition free, provided it'l edge that of Norway viz-a-vis ability to be get a job after my programme(IN Sweden),i'l go for it,as long as I get further advise on the subject-matter .kindly guide me accordingly : Choice of School or location ; suggested Master's prog.; immigration-friendly and considerations, among others . thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by carlie: 11:57am On Feb 22, 2018
Hi, I just got accepted to study MSc Universal Design of ICT at HIOA (OsloMet)... Please I need to know, how good the university is? What are my chances of getting a job (ICT) after graduation and are those accommodation fees of over $500 equivalant paid monthly? Most importantly, my sponsor does not want to pay directly to anyone's account other than his or mine. Is there any way I open an account (International or Norwegian) while still in Nigeria that will be approved during my visa application? Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
W
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
carlie:
Hi, I just got accepted to study MSc Universal Design of ICT at HIOA (OsloMet)... Please I need to know, how good the university is? What are my chances of getting a job (ICT) after graduation and are those accommodation fees of over $500 equivalant paid monthly? Most importantly, my sponsor does not want to pay directly to anyone's account other than his or mine. Is there any way I open an account (International or Norwegian) while still in Nigeria that will be approved during my visa application? Thanks.

I’ll answer to the best of my ability,

Yes the $500 fees are paid monthly. Housing here is very expensive compared to Nigeria.

Also, I don’t think there is a way around paying the money to the school account for your Visa application. It’s the procedure.

Freddywells, I strongly advise that you don’t come to norway because you would get a job after school. The chances are slim to be honest

freddywells81:

Evening Bro. I'm in my mid-30s thereabout, a B.Sc(Ed) Economics with 2.1; I am thinking of applying to M.Sc prog in a university in Norway because of her free tuition but then I saw some of your posts with respect to Sweden...even though Universities in Sweden are no longer tuition free, provided it'l edge that of Norway viz-a-vis ability to be get a job after my programme(IN Sweden),i'l go for it,as long as I get further advise on the subject-matter .kindly guide me accordingly : Choice of School or location ; suggested Master's prog.; immigration-friendly and considerations, among others . thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 6:57pm On Feb 23, 2018
Uchboggy:

I’ll answer to the best of my ability,

Yes the $500 fees are paid monthly. Housing here is very expensive compared to Nigeria.

Also, I don’t think there is a way around paying the money to the school account for your Visa application. It’s the procedure.

Freddywells, I strongly advise that you don’t come to norway because you would get a job after school. The chances are slim to be honest

No job after school in Norway? Wow!! Although I won't lie I have been hearing the same from other people here (pfevately of course), I would appreciate it if you expatiate.

Especially the oil sector
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2018
Getting a job depends on the individual regardless of whether you studied at Harvard or a university in Norway. If you hv a good grades, resourceful and knowledgeable about your field of study, you can secure job. @Uchboggy I would love if you can let us in on your survival strategy so far because I'm not sure you took a bullion van with you to Norway.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by soxhixco: 9:14am On Feb 24, 2018
polis007:
I applied for MSc Molecular Biology at NTNU for Autumn 2018, I graduated from Unilag, I studied Cell Biology and Genetics.

If you're an MSc hopefully like me hola.

I just want to start the processing and want to apply for molecular biology as well. I studied microbiology in my undergraduate... Will need you to please guide me through. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
polis007:
Getting a job depends on the individual regardless of whether you studied at Harvard or a university in Norway. If you hv a good grades, resourceful and knowledgeable about your field of study, you can secure job. @Uchboggy I would love if you can let us in on your survival strategy so far because I'm not sure you took a bullion van with you to Norway.

Lol, I didn’t bring bullion van neither am I from a very wealthy family.
My survival strategy is simple. I have an investment I have been doing for over 3 years ago since I was in Nigeria. So it has been paying my bills. As simple as it sounds that’s it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 5:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
How long have stayed and how is the visa application interview like, did you use third party Services during your application?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KendrickAyomide: 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
can I get a job while I study?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bwaal(m): 10:03am On Mar 17, 2018
Misblah:
hello house, been following this thread, I really need your help guys. I currently applied for the University of Oslo scholarship based masters program to study human rights but the problem is I'm scared of not getting it. Finished uni 3yrs ago, I'd have to spend approximately 70k for TOEFL plus passport money, all of which would be borrowed cash.
Experts in the house, what are my chances of getting the scholarship please? should I take the loan and write the exams and have faith? if I get the admission would it be worth it?
loan ke for such mba i will not advice that
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by femmoy(m): 5:44pm On Mar 19, 2018
Pls is this thread basically about schooling in Norway? How about people trying to cross from other EU countries to Norway, survival / claiming asylum and so on.
Guys let's talk about reality cos not everyone can afford the 5M or 4.7M whichever one.
Let's talk about the life of an average Nigerian on a 3month visit visa
Thank u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 22, 2018
Earthling:
Hi guys, It feels good to be part of this forum. I just moved to Oslo, Norway & I recently work and live there. Are there Nigerians in Oslo? Nigerians in the house who live in Oslo please make yourselves known. It seems there's a deep resentment for Nigerians in this country. Do you guys also think so?

Hi, i am currently in Nigeria. do you mind if we chat. on fb or whatapp

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 6:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
My admission offer just came through and I have accepted the offer. Thank God

You have accepted the offer of admission to 7040 Biology - Cell and Molecular Biology (Trondheim).

Yours sincerely,
Student and Academic Division NTNU

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
OFFER OF ADMISSION TO INTERNATIONAL MASTER'S DEGREE PROGRAMMES AT NTNU
AUTUMN 2018

This is an electronically generated letter, and is valid without a signature. The content of the letter may be verified by sending an e-mail to: admissions-master@sa.ntnu.no

We are referring to your application for admission, and are glad to confirm that you are offered a place for a two-year full time Master¿s degree programme at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), starting in mid-August 2018. You have been granted admission to:

1 Biology - Cell and Molecular Biology (Trondheim)

Time 13 August 2018 10:00 Place: NTNU in Trondheim

By the authority granted by the Board of NTNU, the following decision has been made by the Director of the Student and Academic Division:

1 Biology - Cell and Molecular Biology (Trondheim) Admission offered

2 Biology - Ecology, Behavior, Evolution and Biosystematics (Trondheim) Not qualified Your educational background does not meet the admission requirements for this programme of study.

The deadline for accepting an offer of admission and/or place on a waiting list is 9 April 2018. You have to register your reply on Søknadsweb: https://www.ntnu.no/soknadsweb

The professional evaluation of your educational background is done in consultation with the Faculty.

You may be required to present originals of all documentation you have submitted with your application. If you fail to provide original documentation your admission may be revoked.
Information about how to apply for a visa, student housing etc. will be sent in a separate e-mail

All applications have been processed in accordance with the Admission Regulations FOR: 2010-09-14 nr 1275: Forskrift om opptak til studier ved Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet (NTNU). The decision can be appealed according to the Public Administration Act Sections 28 and 29 within three weeks from receipt of this notification if you believe that a procedural error has been made. Please note that you cannot appeal against the regulations.

Your appeal can be sent to:

admissons@sa.ntnu.no

Yours sincerely,

Student and Academic Division
Norwegian Univsersity of Science and Technology (NTNU)

NB! The admission letter vil also be uploaded to Søknadsweb.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2018
polis007:

My admission offer just came through and I have accepted the offer. Thank God

You have accepted the offer of admission to 7040 Biology - Cell and Molecular Biology (Trondheim).

Yours sincerely,
Student and Academic Division NTNU

Congrats!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 12:03am On Mar 25, 2018
I was given admission letter to UiT... Masters in Economics...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dockal(m): 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2018
Semose:
I was given admission letter to UiT... Masters in Economics...
Congrats. I was also given admission in same school for MPH. Have you accepted your offer?. Cos on d "soknadsweb", i can't see the options for "Reject or Accept"
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
Dockal:

Congrats. I was also given admission in same school for MPH. Have you accepted your offer?. Cos on d "soknadsweb", i can't see the options for "Reject or Accept"
Me too.... I can't find it... Pls send me a private msg let's chat on whatsapp... 08039222174... So dat we can carry ourselves along on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.