Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551358 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DemigodZeus147(m): 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
Semose:
Please is there any one who applied this year foe MSc program in Norway...?

I did but no reply yet, UniBergen but Na by next month dem notifications go the role out...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 7:51pm On Mar 11, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

I did but no reply yet, UniBergen but Na by next month dem notifications go the role out...
Thanks for the update.. University of agder told me latest April 1st

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
Semose:

Thanks for the update.. University of agder told me latest April 1st

All the best!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Octonion: 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
Yes, University of Stavanger.

Semose:
Please is there any one who applied this year foe MSc program in Norway...?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
Octonion:
Yes, University of Stavanger.
I'm also expecting a reply from university of stavanger
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2019
K
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DemigodZeus147(m): 11:43pm On Mar 12, 2019
Please, is it possible to get admission without providing the statement of account?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 6:55am On Mar 13, 2019
DemigodZeus147:
Please, is it possible to get admission without providing the statement of account?
Yes
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Gewezzy1(f): 9:13am On Mar 13, 2019
Please i will like to apply for masters, how do i begin
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2019
Gewezzy1:
Please i will like to apply for masters, how do i begin
Admission process opens btw October to March of the nxt year.. So for those trying to process the admissions.. The next admission round is this October... This applies to availability of spaces and it's based on individual universities
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2019
O
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DemigodZeus147(m): 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
Semose:

Yes

UniBergen requested for it that's statement of account and sponsorship letter, but I wasn't able to provide it. I have a good CGPA, I just pray they don't reject me because of inability to provide those documents.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

UniBergen requested for it that's statement of account and sponsorship letter, but I wasn't able to provide it. I have a good CGPA, I just pray they don't reject me because of inability to provide those documents.
U might not.... They practically need u to transfer funds...
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DemigodZeus147(m): 9:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
Semose:

U might not.... They practically need u to transfer funds...

Thanks, my mind tells me same thing. Because there are situations whereby people still provide these documents during application and when they get admitted, they are unable to fund their account when asked to.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by phermi: 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hi, guys. I will be finishing my masters by June and will be planning to relocate to Tromsoby July/ August. Please, is there anyone on this forum that presently resides in Tromso or knows someone who can help me settle there? Your useful suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 6:40pm On Mar 21, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Thanks, my mind tells me same thing. Because there are situations whereby people still provide these documents during application and when they get admitted, they are unable to fund their account when asked to.

Bank statements is not needed by the school however it might be used for selection purposes when for stance the criteria for elimination is the same. Eg 2 candidates from the same continent with similar Cgpa, if the other submitted a bnk statement and other did not, that could come in to play. Best of luck
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DemigodZeus147(m): 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2019
polis007:

Bank statements is not needed by the school however it might be used for selection purposes when for stance the criteria for elimination is the same. Eg 2 candidates from the same continent with similar Cgpa, if the other submitted a bnk statement and other did not, that could come in to play. Best of luck

Thanks , let's see how it goes.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by oakslid: 7:02am On Mar 23, 2019
Anyone currently studying in Tromsø kindly alert me.

Tusen takk.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by NCO123: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2019
Please friends, is there university in Oslo, Norway, or any other part of Norway that offer Master degree in Library and information science, or master degree in International relation under political science? am interested in carrying on my master degree study in Norway, in either the field of Library and information science or in the field of political science, since I graduated with double honour awarded degree in the both field, with CGPA of 3.36.

Also, must one pay 5 million before getting their visa?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lalaski001: 11:17am On Mar 24, 2019
I will be visiting Oslo second week of April for a short holiday, anyone is Oslo here can let me know so we can hang out.
Cheers.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Mikejordan: 1:38pm On Mar 24, 2019
Any Nigerian in Bergen?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
NCO123:
Please friends, is there university in Oslo, Norway, or any other part of Norway that offer Master degree in Library and information science, or master degree in International relation under political science? am interested in carrying on my master degree study in Norway, in either the field of Library and information science or in the field of political science, since I graduated with double honour awarded degree in the both field, with CGPA of 3.36.

Also, must one pay 5 million before getting their visa?

Got to www.studyinnorway.no and search for yourself.

It’s not like you’re paying 5M, you will send it you your school, the school issues you a receipt which you’ll use to apply for visa , when you get to norway they would give you your 5m back

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
Guys I got admission to study in UIS. Petroleum geoscience. I would like to know the job prospects after studies in norway. Is there post study work visa? I have an american university offer already but that one i have to pay for the tuition but as you know you can stay back after uni, but this uis offer is free tuition, Is it worth it? Please enlighten me

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 3:18pm On Apr 01, 2019
mrcodebreaker:
Guys I got admission to study in UIS. Petroleum geoscience. I would like to know the job prospects after studies in norway. Is there post study work visa? I have an american university offer already but that one i have to pay for the tuition but as you know you can stay back after uni, but this uis offer is free tuition, Is it worth it? Please enlighten me
Do you have the US study visa already?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 3:28pm On Apr 01, 2019
olujastro:

not yet applying next month. I just got my uis offer. I pm'd you. kindly respond
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
olujastro:

pm me. you are in norway right?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by PUSSYBOY2: 3:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
Pls can a matured person apply for undergraduate I Norway. Say like 34yrs! I want to do a fresh undergraduate course
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

not yet applying next month. I just got my uis offer. I pm'd you. kindly respond
There are several factors to consider:

Visa: Your chance of getting a US study visa should be around 50% while you stand a 90% chance of getting a Norwegian study visa once you submit the required documents. No interview required. Simply submit and go home.
So if you don't want this year to elude your study aspirations, go with Norway.

Funding: If funding isn't an issue for you at all, then the US is your better option for obvious reasons.

Stay back: Norway allows you a year on Job seekers visa to find a job, however you have to show them N10m of your money or an equivalent work contract to get the visa.

Jobs: It's not as before oil prices crashed but jobs are gradually picking up in Norway due to oil prices recovery. Experienced positions are booming again while graduate jobs are gradually showing up. Norwegians and EU citizens are apparent favorites for entry level jobs at the moment.
However, several other non EUs including Nigerians have been lucky to get jobs after graduating last year.

My advice: Try and gather all required documents for Norway. Then if it's possible, try your luck with the US visa first. If you don't succeed at the interview, immediately apply for the Norwegian study permit towards the end of May. Norwegian Immigration commences processing study visas in June.

Lastly, ask your questions here so that other Nigerians can benefit while reading through.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by forzaDiya(m): 4:31pm On Apr 01, 2019
Goodevening.

I want to apply for an undergraduate admission. Which school in Norway can I apply to? What are my chances?

Thanks.

olujastro:

Visa: Your chance of getting a US study visa should be around 50% while you stand a 90% chance of getting a Norwegian study visa once you submit the required documents. No interview required. Simply submit and go home.

Funding: If funding isn't an issue for you at all, then US is your better option for obvious reasons.

Stay back: Norway allows you a year on Job seekers visa to find a job, however you have to show them N10m of your money or an equivalent work contract to get the visa.

Jobs: It's not as before oil prices crashed but jobs are gradually picking up in Norway due to oil prices recovery. Experienced positions are booming again while graduate jobs are gradually showing up. However Norwegians and EU are apparent favorites for entry level jobs at the moment.
But several other non EUs including Nigerian have been lucky to get jobs after graduation last year.

My advice: Try and gather all required documents for Norway. Then if it's possible, try your luck with the US visa first. If you don't succeed at the interview, immediately apply for the Norwegian study permit towards the end of May. Norwegian Immigration commences processing study visas in June.

Lastly, ask your questions here so that other Nigerians can benefit while reading through.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2019
olujastro:

Funding: If funding isn't an issue for you at all, then US is your better option for obvious reasons.

You have answered everything. Stavanger is the capital of oil in europe. Honestly its a privilege getting admitted out of 10 slots in uis. I know getting a job will be very high if I do things right. Are you currently in uis as well?

Jobs: It's not as before oil prices crashed but jobs are gradually picking up in Norway due to oil prices recovery. Experienced positions are booming again while graduate jobs are gradually showing up. However Norwegians and EU are apparent favorites for entry level jobs at the moment.
But several other non EUs including Nigerian have been lucky to get jobs after graduation last year.

You answered everything I had concerns in. Honestly its a privilege getting accepted to uis, out of the possible 10 slots on offer. I am thinking about it. They need 116k nok payment for visa. considering my admission for the same petroleum geocience in texas is 30k usd a year then 20k for upkeep which is 50k and 20m in naira per year and for 2 years 40m. Best case scenario 30 to 35m cos I dont have funding/scholarship

If I study and do things right I hope to secure a job within that 1 year. As I am reading online Stavanger is the oil and gas exploration capital of europe and I hope things fall into place.

Are you currently in UIS?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2019
forzaDiya:
Goodevening.

I want to apply for an undergraduate admission. Which school in Norway can I apply to? What are my chances?

Thanks.

Go to studyinnorway.no for schools and programs that suit your desires.

Most undergraduate programs are taught in Norwegian. So your chances are not good.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

You answered everything I had concerns in. Honestly its a privilege getting accepted to uis, out of the possible 10 slots on offer. I am thinking about it. They need 116k nok payment for visa. considering my admission for the same petroleum geocience in texas is 30k usd a year then 20k for upkeep which is 50k and 20m in naira per year and for 2 years 40m. Best case scenario 30 to 35m cos I dont have funding/scholarship

If I study and do things right I hope to secure a job within that 1 year. As I am reading online Stavanger is the oil and gas exploration capital of europe and I hope things fall into place.

Are you currently in UIS?

Chase that US study visa hard. Norway should be your last option.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.