Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551276 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
trilobite:

Chase that US study visa hard. Norway should be your last option.

yh still thinking, My visa interview will be next month
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Time2win(m): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

You answered everything I had concerns in. Honestly its a privilege getting accepted to uis, out of the possible 10 slots on offer. I am thinking about it. They need 116k nok payment for visa. considering my admission for the same petroleum geocience in texas is 30k usd a year then 20k for upkeep which is 50k and 20m in naira per year and for 2 years 40m. Best case scenario 30 to 35m cos I dont have funding/scholarship

If I study and do things right I hope to secure a job within that 1 year. As I am reading online Stavanger is the oil and gas exploration capital of europe and I hope things fall into place.

Are you currently in UIS?

What's the deadline to pay the 116k Nok ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2019
Time2win:

What's the deadline to pay the 116k Nok ?

Its gonna be after my us visa interview most def. but I need to apply this week and set my date for interiew asap
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Time2win(m): 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

Its gonna be after my us visa interview most def. but I need to apply this week and set my date for interiew asap

Okay, pursue USA own with all your might grin. Norway is a nice country but USA is still the best for me.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
I have been asking UIS for extension till I do my us visa interview (I told them I was on vacation away from the country), they replied and told me 3 weeks is what give, with the excuse that transfer takes 2 weeks to get to norway from nigeria. I asked till end of month they kept ignoring my emails after previously replying me sharp sharp. They say 3 weeks from date of admission. My admission was for the 1st of this month and 3 weeks should be like 21st and my usa visa interview date is 24th. This matter is somehow oh. Their shakara is too much. I know its a sort after program but why are they acting up. Abi make I just go there. My mind dey there sha as its a stronger program. Kai! What do you suggest. I no go lie that US tuition plenty sha ohh and the visa sef no be sure banker with an i20 of $49,000 per year with no funding .

I think they are taking less international students and more norwegians because the international students group I have not seen anyone for my pet geo program and only 2 guys for pet engineering.

Guys please what do you think embarassed
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DemigodZeus147(m): 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2019
mrcodebreaker:
I have been asking UIS for extension till I do my us visa interview (I told them I was on vacation away from the country), they kept ignoring my emails. They say 3 weeks from date of admission. My admission was for the 1st of this month and 3 weeks should be like 21st and my visa interview date is 24th. This matter is somehow oh. Their shakara is too much. I know its a sort after program but why are they acting up. Abi make I just go there. My mind dey there sha as its a stronger program. Kai! What do you suggest. I no go lie that US tuition plenty sha ohh and the visa sef no be sure banker with an i20 of $49,000 with no funding..

Guys please what do you think embarassed

Baba, I go suggest you answer this Norway call... A bird in hand plenty pass thousand for bush oh... Imagine being selected in a restricted programme. And your 99% of Visa. Omoh grab am oh... Then link up with this guy called Ibrahimovich that created a "derailer thread for Africans in Scandinavia" in this Travel section. My advice shaa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Baba, I go suggest you answer this Norway call... A bird in hand plenty pass thousand for bush oh... Imagine being selected in a restricted programme. And your 99% of Visa. Omoh grab am oh... Then link up with this guy called Ibrahimovich that created a "derailer thread for Africans in Scandinavia" in this Travel section. My advice shaa.

Omo bro! Asin I no wan dull am ohhhh. Chaiiiii
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Whats the link to that thread pls
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DemigodZeus147(m): 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

Search ibrahimovic303.The guy dey Finland dey study and work but overhelp for Scandinavia matter de worry am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Oskydaniellyyy: 8:31am On Apr 12, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

Scandinavian is easy to settle and get papers if you have a master plan as a student. 4months before you finish you master try to apply for PhD. It is a well paid job with will qualify you for a permanent residency and you will be paid at least 42000 dollars a year as a PhD student .

You can apply to all the Scadinavian countries and you will have access to the entire Europe. Though, US is good but there are lots of factors you must consider.

If you start raising kids you will understand , the quality of life in the scadinavians is better of there than North American.

Take the master in Norway and you will never regret it

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Oskydaniellyyy: 8:37am On Apr 12, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

You want to pay your tuition in the US is too expensive , if you carry the 39000 dollars to Norway you can start something and again . I don't know your financial capability but the US embassy will be more concern about your 49000 dollars without funding . That will be the bone of contention between you and the VO.

Over 15 million naira to do your master . Be ready to be scrutinized.

Hope for the best bro

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 8:45pm On Apr 12, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

You want to pay your tuition in the US is too expensive , if you carry the 39000 dollars to Norway you can start something and again . I don't know your financial capability but the US embassy will be more concern about your 49000 dollars without funding . That will be the bone of contention between you and the VO.

Over 15 million naira to do your master . Be ready to be scrutinized.

Hope for the best bro

The tuition is 14,500 per semester and I have 4 semesters. making it about 50K usd which is 18m. That is just tuition without upkeep and accommodation. Sense fall on me bro. I am picking the norway call. I have discussed with my family. I am not even going to the us visa interview. I no wan dent my record with rejection sef. Thanks for the advice.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Time2win(m): 5:25am On Apr 13, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

The tuition is 14,500 per semester and I have 4 semesters. making it about 50K usd which is 18m. That is just tuition without upkeep and accommodation. Sense fall on me bro. I am picking the norway call. I have discussed with my family. I am not even going to the us visa interview. I no wan dent my record with rejection sef. Thanks for the advice.

You can aswell pay the money to UIS, go for your U.S visa, if US Embassy approves your visa, you can request for a refund from UIS. This way you won't lose on either sides.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2019
Are you guys aware that Germany is also tuition free and has lower cost of living too?

Why do you prefer Norway to Germany?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrLj(m): 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

why waste such money in the US when you can comfortably get a more valuable degree for Norway, the oil capital of Europe.

After graduation, I can assure you that getting a job is sure as even the US companies will favour you against there own grads.

when you get there for your masters, you will be marvel by how well you will be treated by this Europeans.

Norway wins for me.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2019
mrLj:

why waste such money in the US when you can comfortably get a more valuable degree for Norway, the oil capital of Europe.

After graduation, I can assure you that getting a job is sure as even the US companies will favour you against there own grads.

when you get there for your masters, you will be marvel by how well you will be treated by this Europeans.

Norway wins for me.

What of Norway and Germany?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2019
mrLj:

Norway wins for me.

I hope you’re saying this from experience living in norway and not from what you read? Cos I’m sure we that are in Norway would not totally agree with you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
Uchboggy:

I hope you’re saying this from experience living in norway and not from what you read? Cos I’m sure we that are in Norway would not totally agree with you

Please do you mind sharing your experience with me?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olas24u(f): 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2019
Earthling:
Hi guys, It feels good to be part of this forum. I just moved to Oslo, Norway & I recently work and live there. Are there Nigerians in Oslo? Nigerians in the house who live in Oslo please make yourselves known. It seems there's a deep resentment for Nigerians in this country. Do you guys also think so?
Hello ,I want to chat with you privately can you provide me a contact to reach you?I want to ask some questions from you.regards.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olas24u(f): 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
Uchboggy:

Can I chat with you privately?provide a contact
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
Ezegozie:

Please do you mind sharing your experience with me?

Yeah, I’m currently doing my masters in Norway, I must say it’s different from what I heard before coming, it’s not like everything was a lie but they were too sugarcoated.

As a student in Norway it’s difficult to get even student jobs because of the language barrier. Even if you eventually get lucky you can only get cleaning/dish washing jobs because you don’t have to speak the language to do such jobs.

Then when you’re done with your masters contrary to what is out there, it’s not easy to get a professional job(at least not anymore since the oil price slump). So then you need to show a whole lot of money (in the region of 9-10million naira) to be considered for a job seeker visa for a year.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
olas24u:

Can I chat with you privately?provide a contact
yes
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olas24u(f): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2019
Uchboggy:
yes
On the platform or you want to provide me an email to reach you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by johnsavy: 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
Nice thread
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by johnsavy: 9:52pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hello, seems like NTNU. Norwegian uni of science and technology offers free tuition for Masters degree.. I am looking forward to applying for the next academic session 2020. Please I have the following questions to ask. thanks

1.Does anyone have an idea when application opens for 2020 academic session.

2. What's life like over there for an African( racist things).

3. I have all requirements they need so I am hopeful admission will be successful but what are the chances of staying back after completing studies to work.

4. What kind of job can one get while schooling to source for funds considering the language barrier ish. �

Will appreciate answers
Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 10:35am On Apr 15, 2019
Uchboggy:

Yeah, I’m currently doing my masters in Norway, I must say it’s different from what I heard before coming, it’s not like everything was a lie but they were too sugarcoated.

As a student in Norway it’s difficult to get even student jobs because of the language barrier. Even if you eventually get lucky you can only get cleaning/dish washing jobs because you don’t have to speak the language to do such jobs.

Then when you’re done with your masters contrary to what is out there, it’s not easy to get a professional job(at least not anymore since the oil price slump). So then you need to show a whole lot of money (in the region of 9-10million naira) to be considered for a job seeker visa for a year.

Thank you so much for this wonderful information.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jajdgenius: 7:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
Good evening, pls can I also chat you up Because I need urgent answers to some questions about Norway.... Please reply soon
Uchboggy:
yes
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jajdgenius: 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hello.... Pls can tell me how easy it is to turn tourist visa into a work permit in Norway ��... Hope it's achieved before the expiration of the visa??
Hoodrat:
Finecat know no shit of what he is talking about. Come norway to see how boys dey make money. even though is expensive we living the life and the monthly pay im getting is enough to pay the bills also to take care of important stuffs both here and nigeria so shut up.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by LadyHeaven(f): 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
jajdgenius:
Hello.... Pls can tell me how easy it is to turn tourist visa into a work permit in Norway ��... Hope it's achieved before the expiration of the visa??

Lol, that post you quoted was from 2011, haba, i don't think the user is still even based in Norway as per his profile. . read through recent post to inquire about how life is there NOW and not posts made 8 years ago. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jajdgenius: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
Good evening,
I want to enquire about living in Norway ��.
I plan entering into the country in a few months time with a tourist visa of 3 months.
Within that 3 months, I plan to get a job and a work permit to convert my visa.
I want to ask if jobs are easy to get over there and if yes, is it also easy to get a work permit before the expiration of one's visa
Please reply soon as the information you provide will be of utmost help.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jajdgenius: 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
Thanks bro... You are actually right.
LadyHeaven:

Lol, that post you quoted was from 2011, haba, i don't think the user is still even based in Norway as per his profile. . read through recent post to inquire about how life is there NOW and not posts made 8 years ago. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.