Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (553129 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by LadyHeaven(f): 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2019
jajdgenius:
Thanks bro sis... You are actually right.

Uwlc

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jajdgenius: 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2019
Good evening,
I want to enquire about living in Norway ��.
I plan entering into the country in a few months time with a tourist visa of 3 months.
Within that 3 months, I plan to get a job and a work permit to convert my visa.
I want to ask if jobs are easy to get over there and if yes, is it also easy to get a work permit before the expiration of one's visa
Please reply soon as the information you provide will be of utmost help.
Uchboggy:

I hope you’re saying this from experience living in norway and not from what you read? Cos I’m sure we that are in Norway would not totally agree with you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jajdgenius: 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
I'm your shoes right now, I just wish someone could answer this question because whatever answer they give will determine my fate.
Incase you are in Norway already, kindly pls send me a mail on; bosunaremu@gmail.com I have questions to ask.
adeosuntolu2007:
please, am getting visiting visa, which i intend to work with in Norway, and if possible settle down there. please what are my chances of doing so? i have HND in accountancy. thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jajdgenius: 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
Please send me a mail on bosunaremu@gmail.com because we are in the same situation and since you wrote this 3 months ago, it's possible that you are there already, so I'd like us to rub minds together and talk.
I'll be waiting for your mail... Thanks
adeosuntolu2007:
please, am getting visiting visa, which i intend to work with in Norway, and if possible settle down there. please what are my chances of doing so? i have HND in accountancy. thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olas24u(f): 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2019
jajdgenius:
I'm your shoes right now, I just wish someone could answer this question because whatever answer they give will determine my fate.
Incase you are in Norway already, kindly pls send me a mail on; bosunaremu@gmail.com I have questions to ask.
That is not possible in all scandanavia

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
olas24u:

On the platform or you want to provide me an email to reach you.
send pm
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2019
jajdgenius:
Good evening,
I plan entering into the country in a few months time with a tourist visa of 3 months.
I want to ask if jobs are easy to get over there and if yes, is it also easy to get a work permit before the expiration of one's visa
I don’t know much about this. But from the little I know it would be almost impossible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Oskydaniellyyy: 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Friends, I got admitted for master program in linkoping university in Sweden , and also engineering design in university of Tromso, Narvik in norway.

Sweden is 2.5 million per semester while norway is free tuition.

Any advice will be appreciated.

My email _ oskydaniellyyy@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 7:52am On Apr 17, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:
Friends, I got admitted for master program in linkoping university in Sweden , and also engineering design in university of Tromso, Narvik in norway.

Thanks

You probably dont need any advice, your financial capacity should do the needful. Norway is tuition free but need 5m per annum.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

Thanks

Which advice do you need again?

Sweden and Norway are like twins. It’s pretty much the same lifestyle in both countries. Social life is just a little bit better in Sweden because of bigger population. Cost of living is higher in Norway.

As for Educational standard I think norway is slightly better.

The 5m you need per annum in norway is your money. It’s you that would spend it and you probably need about the same amount for upkeep per annum in Sweden too(maybe a little lower)

So why take a sweden where you’ll pay a whole 2.5million per semester over a norway with no tuition?!!!

It’s a no brainer

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by klique(f): 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
i dont think there is any country you are allowed to work with visit visa unless Africa undecided undecided, or maybe you want to get the job first, go exit come back like the dubai way. in terms of job, i heard there are more jobs in sweden than Norway. search the threads and make inquiries well.
all the best.
jajdgenius:
Good evening,

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olas24u(f): 6:40am On Apr 18, 2019
klique:
i dont think there is any country you are allowed to work with visit visa unless Africa undecided undecided, or maybe you want to get the job first, go exit come back like the dubai way. in terms of job, i heard there are more jobs in sweden than Norway. search the threads and make inquiries well.
all the best.
You better don't mind the poster, scandanavia is different,and you can't even get work without a social security number which is based on a permit and not a visiting visa.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Obabillion: 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Pls has any other person gotten an email from University of stavanger ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2019
Obabillion:
Pls has any other person gotten an email from University of stavanger ?

What sort of email are you expecting? Stavanger has given out admissions already. I am in the international group where their are various students for the 2019 entry year from different countries currently interacting. But if someone doesn't pay the 5m within their deadlines or turns down their offers I think it will be reallocated so stay positive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Obabillion: 8:40am On Apr 23, 2019
Which group is that please? Mind linking me up?
mrcodebreaker:

What sort of email are you expecting? Stavanger has given out admissions already. I am in the international group where their are various students for the 2019 entry year from different countries currently interacting. But if someone doesn't pay the 5m within their deadlines or turns down their offers I think it will be reallocated so stay positive.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2019
Obabillion:
Which group is that please? Mind linking me up?

Facebook
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Oskydaniellyyy: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

Facebook

Folks, Please people that have paid the living expenses to Norway. How did you go about it and which bank is the best to use.

I was told that some banks will not process the payment because it is not tuition fees.

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Obabillion: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2019
What is the name of the Facebook group ?
mrcodebreaker:

Facebook

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Oskydaniellyyy: 11:30am On Apr 27, 2019
Please, who is going to university of tromso, narvik campus in Norway in autumn

Let us relate
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Francejaik(m): 3:28am On Apr 30, 2019
Inxyz:

I don't know what you guys are talking about.
Home? What is home, can you mention any country in the world you can call home? Even Nigeria my country is just by birth because home is where you find comfort. Can you live in Borno state or comfortably stay in the Northern part if your are a southerner, is it not Nigeria? and you talk of racism. Can you contest as a governor in Edo state when you are from Lagos state. The truth is saying Chinko alone is racism. It took the white patience, sacrifice fairness, commitment, patriotism to take their country to where it is now and you must respect that. If they allow you to behave or have full right you may destroy it, so you don't have to blame them for that. I could not get some Job in Nigeria even after passing medicals because I am not from a particular area, this is my experience and you still talk of racism.

Yes we have oil in Nigeria, do you have the skills? Or educational expertise to gain employment?

What is the status of your government, are they doing anything that will foster development?

Remember traveling outside your comfort zone alone is not only just a life time experience but also broaden your horizon.

If you behave well you live well everywhere you go. No body will be happy you want to share what belongs to them, so get that and be guided.

You made sense here bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 7:31am On Apr 30, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

Please, who is going to university of tromso, narvik campus in Norway in autumn

Let us relate

Relate with these guys here as well

https://www./926934320837067/?ref=gysj
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Francejaik(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2019
Good morning house.

I'm a newbie here. Please, I need someone that can help me to answer this question:

Can I apply for masters in Norway with my degree and two NECO certificates?

Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Francejaik(m): 4:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
Francejaik:
Good morning house.

I'm a newbie here. Please, I need someone that can help me to answer this question:

Can I apply for masters in Norway with my degree and two NECO certificates?

Thank you

Please someone answer my question. @Starflux, @INXYZ, @Oskydaniellyyy or any one with experience.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Oskydaniellyyy: 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
Francejaik:

Please someone answer my question. @Starflux, @INXYZ, @Oskydaniellyyy or any one with experience.

I do not know about using two neco results but you can try it and you will be asked to send a scratch card to verify the neco results when you are sending your transcripts.

No harm in trying
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Francejaik(m): 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

I do not know about using two neco results but you can try it and you will be asked to send a scratch card to verify the neco results when you are sending your transcripts.

No harm in trying

Okay, thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Gerardmajella(m): 1:49pm On May 01, 2019
StarFlux:
Just popping in to say I'm glad to see this thread still going. I still get a lot of PMs regarding studies in Norway, but the truth is that there are too many for me to actually reply to (I actually tried making a new thread in the past with all info on the front page, but it was locked. It's really a hassle having to dig through all the pages in this thread). At the moment I attend UiB, so if anyone's heading that way (or any other matter), reply to this post and I'll be happy to help you all out.

I'll also be more active on NL from now on. Good luck to every one.

Hello fam
I really appreciate what y'all are doing here.
It's pretty amazing and there's a lot of information on here

Please, I need some advise

I'm a photographer... interested in tourism and documentary
I have an interest in taking an MSc in Tourism
I have a Choice between University of Stavanger (MSc International Hospitality and Management) and UIT Arctic University of Norway....in Trømso (MSc Tourism studies)
UIT ranks higher than Uis
Both curriculums are good

As much as they're both tuition free
I'll still have to deal with my living expenses

Like... transportation, accommodation, feeding, electricity bills, etc.

From my findings, accommodation is easier to get in Stavanger
Transportation...there are more options (bus, train, ferry, air)
Things are cheaper there
Uis is ranked 1151 in the world

But Trømso
UIT is ranked 505 or so
Fewer transportation options
Not sure about accommodation
More tourist sites to behold

So... Trømso has a better ranked university and more fun things to do with fewer transportation routes to get to neighbouring countries when compared to Stavanger

While Stavanger has Uis with a lesser ranking but cheaper cost of living (accommodation, transportation, food)

So please, is there anyone that has some experience living in trømso and/or Stavanger that can advise me on the way to go?

How do I deal with this please?

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 7:32pm On May 01, 2019
Gerardmajella:

Hello fam
I really appreciate what y'all are doing here.
It's pretty amazing and there's a lot of information on here

Please, I need some advise

I'm a photographer... interested in tourism and documentary
I have an interest in taking an MSc in Tourism
I have a Choice between University of Stavanger (MSc International Hospitality and Management) and UIT Arctic University of Norway....in Trømso (MSc Tourism studies)
UIT ranks higher than Uis
Both curriculums are good

As much as they're both tuition free
I'll still have to deal with my living expenses

Like... transportation, accommodation, feeding, electricity bills, etc.

From my findings, accommodation is easier to get in Stavanger
Transportation...there are more options (bus, train, ferry, air)
Things are cheaper there
Uis is ranked 1151 in the world

But Trømso
UIT is ranked 505 or so
Fewer transportation options
Not sure about accommodation
More tourist sites to behold

So... Trømso has a better ranked university and more fun things to do with fewer transportation routes to get to neighbouring countries when compared to Stavanger

While Stavanger has Uis with a lesser ranking but cheaper cost of living (accommodation, transportation, food)

So please, is there anyone that has some experience living in trømso and/or Stavanger that can advise me on the way to go?

How do I deal with this please?

Thanks

Well as for ranking, yes their schools aren't so high in the world university rankings. Norway is not a strong manufacturing or research country compared to other countries in Europe and Asia. They are majorly into oil and gas (lng) production. Then I think Fisheries. Going there for anything other than an oil and gas related course I am not so sure. Yes its one of the most beautiful countries in the world, def in top 10, but don't know what their tourist number count is, I'm sure you can google it. Just think of your plans after school and in my opinion since you want to be in tourism, take the language seriously when you get there.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 7:48pm On May 01, 2019
Sometimes I cannot help but continue to picture my future country (Norway's) future. They are one of the biggest oil and lng exporters in Europe and they are the highest buyers of electric cars as well, infact they want to be purely electric. Yes they have a large Sovereign wealth fund (Raw cash in savings used to invest in other businesses in other parts of the world like tech, real estate etc to generate revenue for the country) and all that and then they aren't so big in manufacturing anything (based on what i see online). Well they intend to produce oil for the next 50+ years till most cars in the world become electric and oil and gas is irrelevant, but although lng will still be relevant for maybe the next 100 years. So after that whats next for norway?. Whats the next big thing for them or what are they currently setting their eyes on? Please those in the country what are you seeing on ground, enlighten some of us. Let's talk of real life outside admission and masters.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 8:45pm On May 01, 2019
mrcodebreaker:
Sometimes I cannot help but continue to picture my future country (Norway's) future. They are one of the biggest oil and lng exporters in Europe and they are the highest buyers of electric cars as well, infact they want to be purely electric. Yes they have a large Sovereign wealth fund (Raw cash in savings used to invest in other businesses in other parts of the world like tech, real estate etc to generate revenue for the country) and all that and then they aren't so big in manufacturing anything (based on what i see online). Well they intend to produce oil for the next 50+ years till most cars in the world become electric and oil and gas is irrelevant, but although lng will still be relevant for maybe the next 100 years. So after that whats next for norway?. Whats the next big thing for them or what are they currently setting their eyes on? Please those in the country what are you seeing on ground, enlighten some of us. Let's talk of real life outside admission and masters.
For the first time, electric cars in 2019 have outsold petrol cars in Norway due to govt incentives for electric car owners.

Shipping & ship building and the fishing industries are also very big industries in Norway. Norway makes millions of dollars yearly exporting dried stockfish alone to Nigeria and other African countries. A lot of procesed foods we eat are also locally produced in Norway.

Regarding post oil era, the big local E & Ps such as Statoil are rebranding as energy companies, not just oil companies. Statoil is now Equinor with so much new investments in Wind Energy.

BTW, how did your US visa interview end up?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Oskydaniellyyy: 9:54pm On May 01, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

Norway controls 1.4 percent of the world stocks , they invested the 1trillion dollars sovereign wealth fund in over 9000 companies which includes apple, microsoft, Samsung and many other big companies.

They even export hydro power to Netherlands, Germany and other scandinavian countries.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcodebreaker: 6:36am On May 02, 2019
olujastro:

For the first time, electric cars in 2019 have outsold petrol cars in Norway due to govt incentives for electric car owners.

Shipping & ship building and the fishing industries are also very big industries in Norway. Norway makes millions of dollars yearly exporting dried stockfish alone to Nigeria and other African countries. A lot of procesed foods we eat are also locally produced in Norway.

Regarding a post oil era, the big local E & Ps such as Statoil are rebranding as energy companies, not just oil companies. Statoil is now Equinor with so much new investments in Wind Energy.

BTW, how did your US visa interview end up?

Didn't go again.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Time2win(m): 8:08am On May 02, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

Didn't go again.

So Norway all the way?

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.