Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Nitel Pensioners Should Come In - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nitel Pensioners Should Come In (160181 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Netcom- Successor To NITEL Is Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2017
Leocent:

so we re now members of NUP?

If such union exists, we cannot but be members otherwise, we may have problems. Everything in Nigeria has been unionised.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
AREWAA
Some few retirees I inform about the latest info about what I read were extremely happy
to hear this. I personnally thank everybody in the house for keeping us inform about what is going on
between the Nitel commitee and PTAD. No information is too small, simply share with everyone.
Many Thanks.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 8:15am On Aug 21, 2017
like arewaa said. no information is too small. please every one share with the elderly ,it will motivate and give em hope. thanks house for all the update ,keep it up kisslike arewaa said. no information is too small. please every one share with the elderly ,it will motivate and give em hope. thanks house for all the update ,keep it up
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2017
Apus:
PTAD, Sharon Ikeazor receiving briefing on NITEL pensioners.
ok
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Apus: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
PenSniper:

@zegzy3, i heard that PTAD said we must join the National Union for Pensioners before we can be paid. That our reps have registered us. Are you aware of this or could you verify ? Thanks.

Not true sir.

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Projectile5(m): 8:17am On Aug 24, 2017
Pls any update so far??
The whole place has just been silent. Anyone who has any news should pls keep us updated
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by eddie7: 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
To the glory of God the committee on the proposed Nitel /mtel pension verification has fininally submitted our data to ptad today

Got that info from a group chat. Someone can pls confirm that

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:21am On Aug 25, 2017
eddie7:
To the glory of God the committee on the proposed Nitel /mtel pension verification has fininally submitted our data to ptad today

Got that info from a group chat. Someone can pls confirm that

That's true. Confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2017
Yes it's true that the submission has been done finally. We now await the time for the start of verification. We pray it comes soon enough
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 5:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
we are making progress
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 10:47am On Aug 27, 2017
Yes....we are making progress.
All I believe is one bright, beautiful day, we all shall reach... that promised land. When we shall know
the very day verification would start. I am ready to convey it to the old, sick and many retirees like
myself. Like I would always say, do share whatever info you have with every one.
Very Many Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
brosiye99:
Yes it's true that the submission has been done finally. We now await the time for the start of verification. We pray it comes soon enough

@brosiye99, please do you know whether PTAD's policy of commencing payments 3 months after verification will apply to parastatals and, specificallly, Nitel/Mtel ?
Thanks.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Apus: 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
NITEL Data currently being reviewed.

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mpower(m): 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2017
Thank God the payment is close. I believe once the verification is done then its over. The journey of a thousand miles is now one step to go. God bless you all for your positive contributions.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2017
@blackkukluxklan: I asked an insider in PTAD and he told me it could be up to two to three months after verification before the alerts start entering. He said even the civil servants that have completed theirs may start getting alert in october. All in all even after verification, i think some processes may take some time. Hoepfully if the verifcation is done in september, it may be up to november or even later in the worst case before alert starts to enter. Let's pray PTAD doesnt delay longer than septmeber else we may be looking at december or early next year. It is good everyone prepares for that eventuality. I am not saying this to discourage anyone please. Surely, the time of uncertainty has passed. It is certain the payments will commence before the year ends.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Leocent(m): 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
bro
siye99
:
@blackkukluxklan: I asked an insider in PTAD and he told me it could be up to two to three months after verification before the alerts start entering. He said even the civil servants that have completed theirs may start getting alert in october. All in all even after verification, i think some processes may take some time. Hoepfully if the verifcation is done in september, it may be up to november or even later in the worst case before alert starts to enter. Let's pray PTAD doesnt delay longer than septmeber else we may be looking at december or early next year. It is good everyone prepares for that eventuality. I am not saying this to discourage anyone please. Surely, the time of uncertainty has passed. It is certain the payments will commence before the year ends.

Thank you for preparing our mind for the worst. We will just hope for the best; who knows our own case may be different.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 5:34am On Aug 31, 2017
brosiye99:

Thanks for your efforts and the honour. Remain blessed in the Lord.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by PenSniper: 10:16am On Sep 01, 2017
Apus:

Not true sir.

Thank you.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by eddie7: 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2017
@PTAD handle

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Dagospelking: 7:40am On Sep 06, 2017
Please do...!!! Cause life is not easy for us... Thanks God bless u guys..
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
A bird from somewhere informed me that the PTAD DG said there will be a stakeholders summit on Nitel/Mtel Pensioners to iron out the issues that have arisen and harmonize positions arising from all the attendant lawsuits and legal cases.This is as a result of the actions of some people such as the Oluti group and others who i am very sure are acting out of selfish ulterior motives. We know what some people did to cut deals for themselves during the last bulk payment to pensioners in 2011/2012. This means more delays. We don't know when this summit will hold. If it holds hopefully in this month of September which i doubt(knowing how government bureaucracy works) then verification may enter November. If the summit holds in October, then verification may enter December. In all honesty, I see this whole process entering first quarter 2018 or even later. I was really hopeful payments will start this year but its not looking so. God give everyone the patience.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by PenSniper: 9:43am On Sep 07, 2017
brosiye99:
A bird from somewhere informed me that the PTAD DG said there will be a stakeholders summit on Nitel/Mtel Pensioners to iron out the issues that have arisen and harmonize positions arising from all the attendant lawsuits and legal cases.This is as a result of the actions of some people such as the Oluti group and others who i am very sure are acting out of selfish ulterior motives. We know what some people did to cut deals for themselves during the last bulk payment to pensioners in 2011/2012. This means more delays. We don't know when this summit will hold. If it holds hopefully in this month of September which i doubt(knowing how government bureaucracy works) then verification may enter November. If the summit holds in October, then verification may enter December. In all honesty, I see this whole process entering first quarter 2018 or even later. I was really hopeful payments will start this year but its not looking so. God give everyone the patience.

Thank you.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by IbukunSangotola(m): 10:20am On Sep 07, 2017
brosiye99:
my God! patient dog owns the fattest bone tho...

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mpower(m): 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
The oluti group has brought nothing but pain and more pain to the nitel/mtel staffs. I wonder why nitel/mtel staffs did not groom strong & brilliant representatives(union). I have always come to realise that the nitel/mtel union from the onset are missing in action (based on the 2006 5yrs pay off, Nepa got like tripple or more because of strong union). N./M. union are always handling issues top to bottom approach, Instead of bottom to top approach. They could have even been easily lobbied against the poor staffs back then in 2006. Pls the so called Oluti & his group can not be trusted. Can we just capture & throw them into the dungeon before they do more harm.

3 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2017
So does it mean they as of now,we don't know the way forward for the payment. So the whole hope that the nitel/mtel staff will be paid this year is dashed even till an unknown years to come
embarassed
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:28am On Sep 12, 2017
PenSniper:

Thank you.

Thank you. You've been of great help to us in terms of information. It's ironic that our reps. do not liaise or feed us back or update us of goings-on. We are practically left in the dark often.

We hope you'll be kind enough to update us with new developments as and when necessary.
Thanks.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:39am On Sep 12, 2017
brosiye99:

I'm back again bro, but not like a bad penny. I heard that the stakeholders meeting will take place next thursday, 14 Sept. Please are you in a position to confirm this ? It would go a long way to assuage many flailing nerves.
Thanks.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
Mpower:
The oluti group has brought nothing but pain and more pain to the nitel/mtel staffs. I wonder why nitel/mtel staffs did not groom strong & brilliant representatives(union). I have always come to realise that the nitel/mtel union from the onset are missing in action (based on the 2006 5yrs pay off, Nepa got like tripple or more because of strong union). N./M. union are always handling issues top to bottom approach, Instead of bottom to top approach. They could have even been easily lobbied against the poor staffs back then in 2006. Pls the so called Oluti & his group can not be trusted. Can we just capture & throw them into the dungeon before they do more harm.
na waa o
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

I'm back again bro, but not like a bad penny. I heard that the stakeholders meeting will take place next thursday, 14 Sept. Please are you in a position to confirm this ? It would go a long way to assuage many flailing nerves.
Thanks.
Any confirmation on union/pTAD stakeholders meeting?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 1:08am On Sep 15, 2017
any update from anybody, whether the stakeholders meeting held today or not
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 2:07am On Sep 15, 2017
obynolucy:
any update from anybody, whether the stakeholders meeting held today or not
any news wrt oluti union &PTAD meetings? was it held again today? 15th sept 2017 -thursday
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Leocent(m): 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
obindomanya:
any news wrt oluti union &PTAD meetings? was it held again today? 15th sept 2017 -thursday

Nothing like that was mentioned on the Twitter handle of PTAD. In reply to a question by a user, PTAD said "Nitel/Mtel pensioners documents are undergoing review". I think it is after the review that we will know the next step.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (35) (Reply)

Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / Anheuser-Busch InBev Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.