Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,380 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Nitel Pensioners Should Come In - Jobs/Vacancies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nitel Pensioners Should Come In (160412 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Netcom- Successor To NITEL Is Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 7:00am On Sep 20, 2018
arewaa
A million thanks for your info. It sort of lift up many pensioners hope when I told them.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 7:49am On Sep 20, 2018
segzy3:
Nitel pensioners to be paid in batches,starting with those who were already pensioners before 2006 disengagement
how reliable is that?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by HisMajesty1(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2018
segzy3:
Nitel pensioners to be paid in batches,starting with those who were already pensioners before 2006 disengagement
Your information on this thread has always been accurate. I don't doubt this.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by MilanKore(m): 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2018

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by stahrkhid: 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2018
what about the 2006 dis-engaged staffs? when will their arrears be paid?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 9:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
arewaa
Very many thanks for the above information.
This info will again rekindle all pensioners hope.
It is my belief that it is better late than never.
I pray we are alive to see that glorious day.
Amen.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by MilanKore(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2018

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by populardaniel: 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
Does this means no payment will be made to next of Kin's
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by MilanKore(m): 10:00pm On Sep 26, 2018

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by populardaniel: 6:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
its so disappointing that after waiting this long, they are to pay only a month pension. most nok's have borrowed money in order to process their letter of administration and transporting to the verification venues. how long are to wait, only God we help us.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by populardaniel: 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
its so disappointing that after waiting this long, they are to pay only a month pension. most nok's have borrowed money in order to process their letter of administration and transporting to the verification venues. how long are we to wait, only God we help us.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
[quote author=populardaniel post=71583826]its so disappointing that after waiting this long, they are to pay only a month pension. most nok's have borrowed money in order to process their letter of administration and transporting to the verification venues. how long are we to wait, only God we help us.
[/quotei
ITs only God that will strengthen his people oh,,,no mouth for the NOKs...even for the living pensioners that am happy for ,,it's so annoying that after all these years,they will start paying them just per month without any assurance as to when the arrears will be paid....
it's so demoralizing knowing fully well that the so called money is in the account just being held up by some wicked n heartless individuals
God dey ooohhhhhhhhhh
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
It was always a thing of choice. Airways staff would be settled bulk but Nitel staff are too chicken to pronounce their desire.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2018
Guys, let's all still be optimistic. It's really a very annoying this I tell you, but let's be strengthened by the fact that the Airways guys got their substantial breakthrough just days after "our own", & current minister of finance assumed office. I believe she is working on our case underground. Let's wait and see. God bless and strengthen us all, Amen.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2018
arewaa
Truly we all have a choice. I have my own choice likewise everyone else. While I thank the guy for the information about Airways bulk
arrears of 23B, I also want to remind you that Nitel ex-staff has been giving, 60B, 17B previously. You can check it out for confirmation, except you are a NOK. I wonder why most people fail to realise that in life, it is not how much bulk money or huge arrears of money that come to you but how much you were able to keep by planting it in a fertile soil that will yield bountiful fruits in the future. A lesson from the parable of the sower in God,s book. Have you ever heard of winners of millions of cash in Lotto, Gambling, lottery who suddenly become rich overnight, later became poor, and even poorer than they were before? Let,s think about it. Being enrolled in a monthly payment ending Oct,2018 will prolong the lives of we pensioners while the PTAD will in the very near future pay us our bulk arrears. It is my personal belief.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by stahrkhid: 11:35am On Sep 30, 2018
mehhnn..this is crap, they're supposed to pay the money in bulk...once again what's the fate of 2006 dis-engaged staff?

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2018
stahrkhid:
mehhnn..this is crap, they're supposed to pay the money in bulk...once again what's the fate of 2006 dis-engaged staff?
Of cause they should pay in bulk. I don't understand how people now cherish pension more isn't that a curse or something anyone who can't manage his can fix deposite it. I don't understand why people are happy to b enrolled in monthly pension in a country like Nigeria where nothing but curroption is consistent. I pray Nitel ex staff receive common sense IJN. Airways was also liquidated.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mpower(m): 11:18am On Oct 01, 2018
michtz:

Of cause they should pay in bulk. I don't understand how people now cherish pension more isn't that a curse or something anyone who can't manage his can fix deposite it. I don't understand why people are happy to b enrolled in monthly pension in a country like Nigeria where nothing but curroption is consistent. I pray Nitel ex staff receive common sense IJN. Airways was also liquidated.

You are correct. They should pay us all d money in bulk. Who so ever afraid 2 invest can fix it which i think is a nice option. "20 years needed to pay nitel dis-engaged staffs & Nigerian airways" elrufia once said. U can google that. Heaven and earth knows its our right. Its left 4 us 2 fight our way through. Just like Nepa & Nigerian airways. Our case should be made a (No Retreat, No Surrender) until complete justice is achieved . Pension may fade away when this government goes. Left 4 me 20 yrs & extra bonuses should be added 4 all d time wasted & stress we have all gone through. May d labour of all nitel staffs never be in vain.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 11:39am On Oct 01, 2018
Mpower:

You are correct. They should pay us all d money in bulk. Who so ever afraid 2 invest can fix it which i think is a nice option. "20 years needed to pay nitel dis-engaged staffs & Nigerian airways" elrufia once said. U can google that. Heaven and earth knows its our right. Its left 4 us 2 fight our way through. Just like Nepa & Nigerian airways. Our case should be made a (No Retreat, No Surrender) until complete justice is achieved . Pension may fade away when this government goes. Left 4 me 20 yrs & extra bonuses should be added 4 all d time wasted & stress we have all gone through. May d labour of all nitel staffs never be in vain.

Take your campaign to Ptad Twitter page. Let then know we want bulk settlement like airways if not we would all be sharing our views and that's all.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 11:44am On Oct 01, 2018
I was almost at tears when I saw the reply below. Nigerians are captains of their own demise.

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Marvin10(m): 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2018
But that's exactly what ATEN was fighting for...and Nitel staffs turned against them and saw them as enemies of progress. I hope the future is clearer now. Only hope they will still consider the bulk money because in Nigeria monthly pension is never stable.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 5:13am On Oct 02, 2018
arewaa
Why not stop all this crap. Since Jan 2018 when you and me and we all attended the invitation to do verification, after computation, now expecting the monthly payment come the end of Oct 2018. Maybe some ex-staff living in Jupiter just came back to Mother Earth, maybe.
Talking of ATEN here is a daydream and purely an illusion. Why not go back and read and understand PTAD release

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 6:28am On Oct 02, 2018
arewaa:
arewaa
Why not stop all this crap. Since Jan 2018 when you and me and we all attended the invitation to do verification, after computation, now expecting the monthly payment come the end of Oct 2018. Maybe some ex-staff living in Jupiter just came back to Mother Earth, maybe.
Talking of ATEN here is a daydream and purely an illusion. Why not go back and read and understand PTAD release

What is this one talking about? We all made a mistake going for that verification. If there was a better option as bulk payment that's where we should channel our energy. Why is this one talking like he is not Nigerian and don't understand what pension is all about. I don't believe it's too late at least nobody has been paid a dime.Sharon is a wicked person I don't understand what her interest is on the matter. But whatever airways did to get bulk settlement that has better be our new compass if not I'll still be here to scorn people who have lost their brains to think pension peanut would do them any good. I don't know for other ex staff but for people I know loads of debt are already killing ex staff nobody should b mentioning pension.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 6:49am On Oct 02, 2018
As you all see on that rely, Ptad would have placed airways on pension if not their union. But Nitel staff kicked against the only union that stood for their interest and was quick to sign up for peanuts like Esau selling their rights. My advice is to storm Ptad Twitter page letting them know they can't play a fast one on us. I pity people who would remain docile on this issue lemme remind you pension can't be more than 50k per month and knowing you'll always beg for d peanut. How many of us are ready for stories like we are awaiting release of funds by FG Like we are already hearing this early morning all the way from Jan. Even during this present administration. we need to see clearer we have to do something now or never peanut won't help anybody given our conditions I plead that we see the truth and act now that we still can we don't need physical protest just media storming and I bet you the whole world would feel the impact. Who is ready? Please indicate so we can coordinate this media campaign. Airways can't be paid bulk and someone would be telling us pension is best option for Nitel aren't we all same Nigerians with equal rights? Who's in please indicate

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2018
arewaa
Can you imagine on a forum somebody saying......What is this one talking about..... I can,t just believe it.
However ex-staff have been warned to be very careful of small-time Fraudsters, and big time Fraudsters.
There,s an adage that says that when somebody in a crowd of bereaved start crying more than the bereaved then there is every likelihood people will believe he kill the deceased. PTAD twitter page is open to everyone and people like
............. as they say will follow. . Check it out.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by michtz: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
arewaa:
arewaa
Can you imagine on a forum somebody saying......What is this one talking about..... I can,t just believe it.
However ex-staff have been warned to be very careful of small-time Fraudsters, and big time Fraudsters.
There,s an adage that says that when somebody in a crowd of bereaved start crying more than the bereaved then there is every likelihood people will believe he kill the deceased. PTAD twitter page is open to everyone and people like
............. as they say will follow. . Check it out.
I guess am now a fraudster. Am glad with what's happening to airways just so that nitel ex staff would see for themselves what opportunity they missed because they were blind to common facts of life. Like this guy who's astonished the way he was addressed by me but doesn't even take a second to think what he says. Anybody supporting monthly pension is just daft and little minded full stop. Good thing I just learnt some ex staff had d courage and didn't show up for ptad verification. Let's see where that gets us. Some people are just cursed no Matter what u do they'll always tend to mediocrity.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2018
arewaa
They are here again. They were living on the planet Mars before now. They arrive Nigeria some days ago. They want the bulk money of 20,50. or even 100 years like Airways. A totally confused blind man cannot lead people he claimed are blind. Can he ? No way .
He is telling all ex-staff they are all blind except him. He claims everyone is daft, little minded, cursed, mediocrity etc.
I don't know what all these jargon means. Again be careful with them. They will come under the guise of helping the ex-staff.

2 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2018
arewaa:
arewaa
They are here again. They were living on the planet Mars before now. They arrive Nigeria some days ago. They want the bulk money of 20,50. or even 100 years like Airways. A totally confused blind man cannot lead people he claimed are blind. Can he ? No way .
He is telling all ex-staff they are all blind except him. He claims everyone is daft, little minded, cursed, mediocrity etc.
I don't know what all these jargon means. Again be careful with them. They will come under the guise of helping the ex-staff.

Oga are you saying Nitel/mtel is not entitled to bulk pay and if so please expantiate. I really want to learn.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2018
Look guys, truth is Nitel/Mtel are actually supposed to be paid in bulk. But since the stupid PDP let FG of Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan combined refused to do it, Buhari came on board to say there should be a comprehensive verification so that they could be placed on monthly pension. Maybe he saw that resources then where lean. But We should not 4get that PTAD has said these arrears will be paid, that is from 2011 to date. But for now, let monthly pensions start rolling in. We don't know how long we have to wait for the payments of arreas she. But I must really be frank with You all, the NITEL reps messed up and agreed monthly pensions just like that. This is Nija o, you don't just negotiate with govt with a weak mind. Ask Joe Ajero and the others in NEPA. They stood their ground firmly! Today, they have even forgotten that they even had any business with govt cos they where paid in bulk. There is no time to say we are giving govt time. Crude prices have increased over the years, govt has this money to pay. Halita and co need to do more. Pressure and pressure is wat govt understands. They (NITEL reps) are lukewarm. Let them follow this thing up as e dey hot. Elections are upon us. How sure are we that APC will win next years general elections? They should move for these arreas to be paid as soon as possible. The honarable minister too should use her influence. She is the major link now. All she needs to do is to convince Mr Presido to realse the money, that's all!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2018
As much as I agree that bulk payment would be better, we must all agree that the year 2006/2007 was the best time to have pushed for bulk payment not now. Nitel/Mtel was the experimental Guinea pig of the government’s privatization project. You all will recall that Transcorp paid a poor sum of just 500 Million US dollars for NITEL which was a gross under evaluation of NItel/Mtel at the time, though Nitel had massive debts and liabilities owed especially interconnect fees to other operators and there was virtually no money in the pension fund because Pentascope who met over 18 Billion naira in the pension fund in 2003 and squandered it with the direct supervision of one current big man with big mouth in Nigeria. (If you know you know). Story for another day.

Therefore, even the money Transcorp paid for Nitel was not even enough to pay for disengagement and retirement benefits of Nitel staff and pensioners in 2006 hence government had to add funds to pay the pension buy out for 3 and then 5 years.
Even during the liquidation of Nitel, the process of selling the assets of nitel was done fraudulently and the assets were undervalued. AN example is the NECOM house in Lagos was old for 4 Billion Naira in 2011 to Dimeji Bankole’s father.

NEPA/PHCN staff knew what happened to Nitel hence their successful push and negotiation for 20 year pension buyout. Mind you, they had the government at the balls and could have disrupted the privatization processs and unbundling of the PHCN. Nitel/Mtel in 2005/2006 had no such influence and power. Government was able to pay them over 350 billion naira pension buyout because a lot of money was realized from the sale of the DISCOS and GENCOS (over 2.5 Billion dollars compared to 500 million dollars for Nitel).
What I am saying is that in this current clime and government, bulk payment would not succeed and that is the truth.

If you say Nigeria Airways own worked, but their own is manageable. Nigeria Airways has just about 4,000 ex workers and pensioners with a total of 45 billion naira to be paid. You all know how many Nitel be which as at 2005 was over 11,000 workers and over 4,000 pensioners. The estimates to pay nitel/mtel 20 year pension buy out as at 2014 was estimated to cost over 200 billion naira. It would be hard for government to pay that now hence the approval by Buhari to pay monthly which would be managebale for government.

FACTS ARE SACRED. 20 year pension buy out would not succeed now or in the future. If some people are dreaming of that, then well let them keep dreaming.
I would prefer bulk payment but I am also very realistic.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by arewaa: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2018
arewaa
Very many thanks for your contribution above. It is informative, educative and thoughtful. I appreciate your being specific with details.
How I wish I have my arrears in bulk. Warren Buffet the stock multi-billionaire, Bill Gate, Dangote, Femi Otedola all of them still want money. As you have rightly pointed out, we have missed the chances as at then. You may, however, be aware that Ptad will in no distant future pay all pensioners bulk arrears.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply)

Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / Anheuser-Busch InBev Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.