Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive (34272 Views)

IPOB Members Wear Black Cloths Today, Remove Biafra From Cars / Idol Worshiping Faithfuls Are The Ones Delaying Biafra From Materialising - Kanu / Video: Why Did Nigeria Erase Bightof Biafra From The Map? – Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
CSTR2:
Of course, there is nothing linking Edo state and igbos, which is why edo state has no stake in biafra.
Abia, imo state and infact most igbo states are more ''south-south'' than edo state.
Edo state is in the west.

Cool.. Also Edo State is like South Central if anything. Igbo people are nothing special tbh. You guys have produced great people, but your annoying chest beating is very repulsive. You people claim to have the best genetics like you're exotic or something ha please many of you are plain looking, even your yellow women. But back to subject, Edo people have no stock in Biafra, yes you're correct. And I'm not going to be in your way in you guys fight to create Biafra. In fact, I hope you guys make Biafra soon because then we won't have to hear your constant chest beating.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by CSTR2: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ephemmm:

Yorubas are wise for pepertual servitude to the Hausa / Fulani. ...truly my fetish people are born clowns and Hausa / Fulani slave

In this modern political dispensation, Yoruba has ruled for 8 years as a President, likewise serving as Speaker and Vice President: how is it logical to call them Fulani's slave if your sense of reasoning is still functioning as a son of Bifraraud who has not even sat on the throne of Presidency?
In your own myopic thinking, we can logically call them Ijaw-slave when they refused to vote for PMB in 2011 too. Anyway, I know what happened to you: see it below tongue tongue tongue

The eight years of OBJ rule was not a product of yoruba help. Yorubas never liked him.
Tinubu fought him all through.
Infact his major support base in the south was the south east, which also reflected in his appointments.
Anyway, Political power in Nigeria is rubbish as the leaders can't leverage on it for their people anyway . I'd rather have economic power.

7 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Intrepid01(m): 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
CSTR2:
Ojukwu was given a state burial. That is the highest respect for any Nigerian .
The national assembly must given consent before state burial is given, so stop talking nonsense.
Awolowo or even benjamin adekunle did not get close to that.
I am sure ojukwu himself would not have wanted it anyway.

Bros pls ask for the meaning of a state burial. A state burial is given by the federal Government. He was never given anything like that. Please support your comment with facts not wishes.

5 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by sandraokosun: 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
aim5:

That's why these Igbo and Yoruba fools continue to take us for granted. Because we aren't concerned about controlling the whole South South.. anyways my brother, let these Biafran rodents build their new country. We should network on how to make Edo an El Dorado. We should focus our energy on how to upgrade our situation since corrupt politicans and Osho don't want to help.
my bro It is indeed pathetic that our race is now their laughing point of wheither relevant or nt. We had the opportunity with anthony enahoro to position us to lead the SS during seccesion. Again we had the opportunity with augustus aihkomu as vice president to ibb to share the state well and position us. Again with tony anenih though nt with that power of the former. Today even igbos would have shivered

1 Like

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 4:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
aim5:

Yes there is nothing in common with Igbos and Edos genetically and culturally. Also Edo State is not far West as you think it is.

Edo is a SW or Northern state. My map tells me so.

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by CSTR2: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
aim5:

Cool.. Also Edo State is like South Central if anything. Igbo people are nothing special tbh. You guys have produced great people, but your annoying chest beating is very repulsive. You people claim to have the best genetics like you're exotic or something ha please many of you are plain looking, even your yellow women. But back to subject, Edo people have no stock in Biafra, yes you're correct. And I'm not going to be in your way in you guys fight to create Biafra. In fact, I hope you guys make Biafra soon because then we won't have to hear your constant chest beating.
South central.
LMFAO.
EDo state is western, deal with it.
As for igbo arrogance, well, we earned it.
Arising from the ashes of the civil war and creating the most balanced socio-economic status in Nigeria.
The victors of the civil war are still battling polio, brown roofs,mass illiteracy and poverty.
We may not have a billionaire in the mould of dangote, but we have by far the most equitable wealth destribution.
I am sure you'd be arrogant as well if you were igbo.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
sandraokosun:
my bro It is indeed pathetic that our race is now their laughing point of wheither relevant or nt. We had the opportunity with anthony enahoro to position us to lead the SS during seccesion. Again we had the opportunity with augustus aihkomu as vice president to ibb to share the state well and position us. Again with tony anenih though nt with that power of the former. Today even igbos would have shivered

Exactly Edos especially Esan have had three men of great political sagacity at the top. Especially Aikhomu, we could have really been in good position there. All three, especially Enahoro and Anenih were brilliant political minds, yet we are still in a rough spot. Even with Stella as first lady, we could have had something. Don't worry we shall rise finally. It's only a matter of time.
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Ephemmm: 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
CSTR2:
The eight years of OBJ rule was not a product of yoruba help. Yorubas never liked him.
Tinubu fought him all through.
Infact his major support base in the south was the south east, which also reflected in his appointments.
Anyway, Political power in Nigeria is rubbish as the leaders can't leverage on it for their people anyway . I'd rather have economic power.

'The eight years of OBJ rule was not a product of yoruba help' - Good! you can now see how illogical your reasoning is: can we now call Hausas Yoruba's slaves too?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Enahi(f): 4:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
pazienza:

The Ijaws were with us in the Old Eastern region, heaven didn't fall then.

They can still be with us now or choose to stand alone/ align with Arewa-Odua( though I don't see this happening).

As for the Itsekiris, we don't want Yorubas or any thing Yoruboid( Itsekiris) in Biafra. We have no common ground with them, and so no basis for unity.

The truth will shock you, I don't see Edo, ijaw,Itsekiri and am not so sure of Ikweres joining you guys. You can still actualize your Biafra dream though if you can also support others to have theirs. Life is give and take, work on the 5 Eastern States and watch your dream come true faster than you expected. Stop trying to include other states, that makes you look greedy and unserious. Much love ❤ from me to you.

6 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
CSTR2:
South central.
LMFAO.
EDo state is western, deal with it.
As for igbo arrogance, well, we earned it.
Arising from the ashes of the civil war and creating the most balanced socio-economic status in Nigeria.
The victors of the civil war are still battling polio, brown roofs,mass illiteracy and poverty.
We may not have a billionaire in the mould of dangote, but we have by far the most equitable wealth destribution.
I am sure you'd be arrogant as well if you were igbo.

Okay whatever makes you feel good punk. And I wouldn't be arrogant because I'm not cut from the same cloth as most of you..

2 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by CSTR2: 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ephemmm:

'The eight years of OBJ rule was not a product of yoruba help' - Good! you can now see how illogical your reasoning is: can we now call Hausas Yoruba's slaves too?
OBJ was not there to satisfy yoruba interests. He never did.
So there is no servitude there.
Infact, his govt was very igbo-centric in appointments.
And yes, he got there without yoruba help.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
pazienza:

Edo is a SW or Northern state. My map tells me so.

SW, I can see how some could interpret. But a northern state? You should lay off that crack.
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Ephemmm: 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
CSTR2:
OBJ was not there to satisfy yoruba interests. He never did.
So there is no servitude there.
Infact, his govt was very igbo-centric in appointments.
And yes, he got there without yoruba help.

The question is not about the policy of an administration: it is about which tribe is ruling. So, OBJ is now Hausa or Igbo! What a fallacy of misinterpretation of tribe.

2 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by CSTR2: 5:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
Intrepid01:

Bros pls ask for the meaning of a state burial. A state burial is given by the federal Government. He was never given anything like that. Please support your comment with facts not wishes.
lol.
[color=#006600][/color]Ojukwu's state burial - The Punch
www.punchng.com › Politics
The Punch
Mar 4, 2012 - You are here: Home / Politics / Ojukwu's state burial ... and a 21-gun salute oft reserved for a departed head of state given to our (my) hero

3 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
Intrepid01:

I am only interested in the part where you said Ojukwu was given a celebrated burial by Nigeria.

Please some of us love facts, kindly provide facts to support that assertion.

But I know very well that he was not even recognized by the Senate and House of Representatives. An issue some Igbo reps tried bringing up at the floor of the senate at that time.

I know that the president of Nigeria and other Nigerian dignitaries were present during his burial, and foreign news media carried the news of his burial, the whole Nigeria both friends and enemies of Biafra had representatives on ground, Nigerian news media feasted on the burial coverage for days.

The whole Nigeria knew that a Hero died.

Can we say the same of Enahoro? Who knew the day he was buried?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by stanech: 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
atbu1983:

Boundaries are not defined by language.
Edo is south south. Every edo man and woman has more right to talk about the future of south south than any foreigner or imposter from Imo, enugu, abia, anambra or ebonyi.

Urhobo, isoko, itsekiri, Ikwere etc all trace thier history, origin and culture to Benin empire.

South east are foreigners when it come to south south affair.

SS was created out of greed by the Northern born to rule war lords and the yorubas. There is nothing like south south. Rivers state bayelsa state akwa ibom and cros rivers are traditionally eastern states. However they will be asked nicely to join. Even delta igbos amd others will be asked to join nicely. If they refused they won't be forced

7 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by CSTR2: 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ephemmm:

The question is not about the policy of an administration: it is about which tribe is ruling. So, OBJ is now Hausa or Igbo! What a fallacy of misinterpretation of tribe.
It is a matter of interest not necessarily tribe.
Tribes only support leaders that support their interest, which is what the north has been doing for decades.
OBJ was supported by the SE because he supported our interests.
OBJ was hated by the SW because he did not support their interest.

3 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
aim5:

SW, I can see how some could interpret. But a northern state? You should lay off that crack.

Edo should be in North central, afterall the Northern part of Edo is more like Northern Nigeria with Islam the major religion of the people.

3 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
pazienza:

Edo should be in North central, afterall the Northern part of Edo is more like Northern Nigeria with Islam the major religion of the people.

Yes Edo North has a high percentage of Muslims, but it shouldn't be North Central. Oh and if we go by your logic, I guess Anambra and Enugu should be North Central too since they both border Kogi.

6 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
stanech:

SS was created out of greed by the Northern born to rule war lords and the yorubas. There is nothing like south south. Rivers state bayelsa state akwa ibom and cros rivers are traditionally eastern states. However they will be asked nicely to join

Ekwueme was instrumental in SS creation. I don't think anything is wrong with SS.

The minorities wanted a voice of their own and they were given one.
My only grudge is the anti Igbo politics of Nigeria that carved oil producing parts of Igboland into SS while Ilaje were allowed to be part of Ondo.

Either way, nothing spoil, we look at the brighter sides of things. Igbos in SS and SE means more representation for us, if we could fix back our broken unity.

8 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Duru1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
sandraokosun:
first i dont do impersonation of monikers, am an edo man, and the moniker is just a remberance of my sister i lost. Back to topic.
I speak for all edolites and to a big percent of the SS. We edolites no matter our differencies of bini, esan,afemai, agree that if at all their is a seccesion we want to be neutral at best form our alliance with the SS ALONE. We have common origin with delta frm bendel days, to bayelsa and rivers with the ikas and efons plus we have many ijaw settlements. We believe that succession if it exist, every tribe just be of its accord and nt force another to it becos it thinks that tribe is Indebted to it. Otherwise that would be another slavery in another seccession. Every state has intra ethnic conflict even within it eg ijaw, urhobo. Not to talk of a major ethnic group conquering it again, because of what it hopes to benefit. We as Edo have the right to say the BIAFRAS should leave our SS REGION alone, it shouldnt disturb our unity and rub us into war, Biafra should concentrate on their IGBO STATEs. We are nt against break up, but every region should fight for its independence alone. We knw the war is never easy and we are nt ready for experiment, if BIAFRA can fight for their freedom, good, they we knw we shld fight for ours. With the SS DIVERSITY, even if other SS states still wish to further go alone, we are ok. We hear talk of nigeria is ZOO, THE ZOO MUST FALL. But those cowards only bear their talk on a faceless forum, hoping for a demonstration of the gullible who want to die. As long as the EAST pledge its absolute surrender to the NIGERIA STATE after the civil war. The president of the NIGERIA STATE have the right to defend its STATE against internal or external aggression. As we speak we have more igbos who by the way dont give a hoot about BIAFRA living in lagos and other nigeria states than the number of igbos living in IGBOLAND. Finally it remains an ABERATION AND CONTRADITION THAT THE GREATEST FORCE BEHIND THE ILL FATED PROGECT BIAFRA (ojukwu) led his LAB RATS to the war, abscounded, gallavanted, returned to surrender all to the NIGERIA STATE, and later begged to be president of the same NIGERIA STATE, a dream he died without fulfilling, giving him two greatest regrets to choose from whether @his madness that killed his people @the foolishness of begging to be president of a state he went to war with.

You are a dumbass ignoramus. Per the bolded, if the common origin you referenced in the post dates from Bendel days, you are more idiotic than you can imagine. By the way, you most endeavor to engage your silly self with kindergarten stuff so that you will not punch above your intellectual class. In addition, Biafra has never had anything with Edo and will not in a near future. Of course, Republic of Igbo land certainly will not have Edo to it.

10 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2015
sandraokosun:
o bvia ba. Ofure, we na vie vbe esan?

obhio, okpia, ara. Uromi ime da vae. Ju we da vae bhe esan?

(Note: benin writes vb where esan write bh)
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
aim5:

Yes Edo North has a high percentage of Muslims, but it shouldn't be North Central. Oh and if we go by your logic, I guess Anambra and Enugu should be North Central too since they both border Kogi.

Well, Anambra and Enugu have no Muslims, and the southernmost parts of Enugu and Anambra lie on the same latitude as the southernmost part of Edo, but the Northernmost part of Edo is more Northern than the Northernmost parts of Enugu and Anambra.

So yea. Edo is a bat, it can easily fit into North central or SW, but it certainly isn't SS, not in geography, not in culture( no riverine culture) and certainly not in Religion( no Islam in SS).

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Donarozzi: 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
pazienza:
[b] Igboland( comprising of all Igbo speaking communities in Edo, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Rivers)...

Edo state will not join Biafra. But the indigenous Igbo communities in that state are part of Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Ephemmm: 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
CSTR2:
It is a matter of interest not necessarily tribe.
Tribes only support leaders that support their interest, which is what the north has been doing for decades.
OBJ was supported by the SE because he supported our interests.
OBJ was hated by the SW because he did not support their interest.

'Yorubas are wise for pepertual servitude to the Hausa / Fulani. ...truly my fetish people are born clowns and Hausa / Fulani slave'
"It is a matter of interest not necessarily tribe"

Can you now see how you have been contradicting yourself through your previous assertions? Kids on nairaland nowadays tongue tongue tongue tongue

However, why castigating Yorubas for voting against GEJ if it is a matter of interest? It is in their interest to vote GEJ in 2011 on the first hand, but remember that it is also their interest to vote PMB in 2015 on the other hand.

It is high time you concentrates on deepen your mental horizon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by sandraokosun: 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
atbu1983:

thanks! Obhio uromi me khin! Arue ohe ise me
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
pazienza:

Well, Anambra and Enugu have no Muslims, and the southernmost parts of Enugu and Anambra lie on the same latitude as the southernmost part of Edo, but the Northernmost part of Edo is more Northern than the Northernmost parts of Enugu and Anambra.

So yea. Edo is a bat, it can easily fit into North central or SW, but it certainly isn't SS, not in geography, not in culture( no riverine culture) and certainly not in Religion( no Islam in SS).

You make it seem that Islam has a noticeable grip in Edo State. Only Edo North is Muslim. The rest is traditionalist or Christian (Catholic,Pentecostal,etc.)

3 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Banks92(m): 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
N i will alwayr kip saying.In the famous words of Mr King,"why cant we all just get along"
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Enahi(f): 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
atbu1983:

you guys should teach me how to write in Edo, my grandparents from mum and dad are from Benin,Ishan and Etsako but I don't know how to write or speak any of the languages fluently. I speak and understand ishan a bit.
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
Donarozzi:

Edo state will not join Biafra. But the indigenous Igbo communities in that state are part of Biafra.

This is nice. I have been looking for the ethnic map of Edo. Thanks for that map.

Please can you Post the link to that map for me.

4 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by CSTR2: 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
aim5:

You make it seem that Islam has a noticeable grip in Edo State. Only Edo North is Muslim. The rest is traditionalist or Christian (Catholic,Penecotal,etc.)

Yea yea. See I have nothing against Edo, most Biafrans don't want Edo in Biafra, you lots should do well to mind your Edolands and leave Biafrans to worry about our Biafra.

Stop opening anti- Biafra threads telling us who you think is and isn't Biafran, you are not part of Biafra, so that shouldnt be part of your headache.
You don't see Biafrans opening threads about Edo, you are simply not in our plans, except the Igbo speaking parts of Edo.

Allow groups involved in Biafra to speak for themselves, don't hide behind the ambiguous term "SS" or "Niger delta" to claim to speak on behalf of other groups included in the Biafra project, cos let's face it, Edo is neither SS or Niger deltan and as such can't claim to speak for the group, Edo was simply placed in SS for convenience sake.

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Governor Udom Stops His Convoy To Buy From Roadside Banana Sellers / Court Of Appeal Strikes Out Onnoghen / Zahra Buhari To Her Mother, Aisha: Your Strength Is Second To None

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.