Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital (54263 Views)

​Governor Ugwuanyi Visits Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu / 25,000 Pro-buhari Youth Rally Shuts Down Anambra / El-Rufai Visits Man Attacked In Kaduna By Muslim Youths For Not Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nnaji36(m): 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
Caseless:
illiterate, read the story before commenting.
Look at this islamic bigot, an apopletic and papaveraceous creature. Fool, your generations and the ones yet unborn are and will be the most brain diffused creatures ever to embrace the planet earth.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by SAMATC(m): 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
El-ruffian the religious bigot.

El-ruffian the twitter warrior and loud mouthed midget.

B00HARI is doing his own at the federal level, Hell-rufai is doing his at the State level. They should continue.

Islamic Republic of Nigerianistan loading...

My friend keep quite !
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by shortgun(m): 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The action of Hell Rufai is unconstitutional, illegal, null and void! The Kaduna state government does NOT have jurisdiction over the internal matters of religious organisation. Only the Court has the power to order for shut-down and decide on the matter under dispute. This is an infringement on the Church and is highly condemnable.
They even said the Matter is before the Supreme Court.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by juligon: 8:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
wasco24:
Most foo.ls for these NL will never read before they show how useless their life is

Did el urfai shunt the Church because he hate Christian or because they are fighting for the leadership of the Church?

This country will remain backward till we put religion where it belong.

Just name any developed country where the so called men of God/MALLAM has major impact toward their development
WHAT ARE U SAYING ?
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nnaji36(m): 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
lorRhyMeZ:

Oga see as ur blood hoot! Na wa o..odiegwu for u o. Internal matter how? Something wey dun enter court no internal again o...not to even mention d part of d post that clearly signified that the issue was before d supreme court...so if a chief security officer of a state decides to preserve security and peace of his state by closing d churches n all of its agencies,there shudnt b any biggie na...moreover,saminaka is a town clearly dominated by christians,so other churches are available for people to worship in,pending d decision of the supreme court...tonyebarcanista,I respect u too much o..don't let petty issues like this bring ur rep down oga.. ;d
Look at this foolish man. O because other churches are there in Kano now gives him the criteria to reduce the number of chritian worshiping centers. Please comment wisely and stop your political chauvinism.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by naijatruth: 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
This is just the beginning of the "CHANGE" you people clamoured for. There is nothing CAN will do.
stanech:
Islamic republic of Nigeria Loading...

This is just the beginning. CAN need to do something about this ASAP
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by abusurv(m): 8:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:
Leadership crisis in the Church of GOD, I can't believe this is happening in the church. Were then is the love that binds we Christians. What is so special about that position. I mean is JESUS CHRIST in them at all, I am just confused.
The truth is that there is crisis in assembly of God church, it is a leadership tussle with issue of embezzlement of funds in the administration of the various departments in the church.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
We are talking about a religeous bigot and you are talking legal.

Shoro niyen

grin

In this case, his bigotry has some legal implications, just that I cant really place my hands on what law he is flouting. #Maybe when the head is clear.

Se you get?
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
Muslims who are the terrorists have their mosques still open for prayer to carryout terrorists activities.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
eleojo23:
The reason for shutting down the churches is not good enough because there has been no record of any fight among Christians that has threatened the peace of the state before now.
Or does he think that the Christians are like some of his (muslim) brothers who cause crisis at any slight opportunity?

We all know the people who have continued to disturb the peace of the entire northern region and it is not Christians. Rather, it is individuals who belong to the 'religion of peace'.

Hence this move against the christian bodies is totally unacceptable.

Oh yeah?
Haven't you heard of the COCIN church?
Maybe these guys caught planning to bomb their own church due to similar internal strife are also Muslims - now go ahead and remove that log from your eyes, silly bigot angry
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/3959-photo_suspects_and_the_bomb_they_tried_to_detonate_at_bauchi.html

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by lorRhyMeZ: 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
Nnaji36:
Look at this foolish man. O because other churches are there in Kano now gives him the criteria to reduce the number of chritian worshiping centers. Please comment wisely and stop your political chauvinism.

So for airing my opinion,am now a foolish person Well on a later day,I will give u a befitting insult. On d issue at hand,as d governor of a state,he has all right to declare whatever he deems fit for his state,so far he has d backing of his council n state assembly...if it had been that he permanently sealed the place,ur types wud b justified to yan all dis dust ur yaning...but he temporarily sealed the churches pending the decision of the supreme court..meaning once the supreme court reaches a verdict,d churches wud b re opened...simple
And honestly,if u can't quote me without insulting me,pls don't bother replying .
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by lorRhyMeZ: 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Status quo simply means maintain what was in the interim. It doesn't mean 'seal' the properties/institutions. What is Security Council? This is a creation of the Executive and CANNOT in any way play the role of judiciary. All El Rufai needed to do was to approach the court for an order to seal the place pending judgement.

Bottomline is the churches wud b sealed either way..with court order or not..but d thing is,people wud definitely still complain like they are doing....abeg I dey arsenal game,no time for argument. Later things.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
eleojo23:
The reason for shutting down the churches is not good enough because there has been no record of any fight among Christians that has threatened the peace of the state before now.
Or does he think that the Christians are like some of his (muslim) brothers who cause crisis at any slight opportunity?

We all know the people who have continued to disturb the peace of the entire northern region and it is not Christians. Rather, it is individuals who belong to the 'religion of peace'.

Hence this move against the christian bodies is totally unacceptable.

Sometimes I just wonder if those in government don't have advisers or technical minded special advisers to talk/think before they come up with policies.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by fctboy: 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
If this is true RIP to El Rufai
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by cuteboy2: 9:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
atbu1983:

Did you read the post before commenting?

The church leaders are fighting over who is charge of the church with tension building up that may lead to violence among the members and students

The shut down is temporary pending when the supreme court decide who the leadership of the church is. Since the matter is already before the supreme court.

If the matter is before the Supreme Court then why is the governor interfering. Does that amount to contempt of court?

I believe the leadership disagreement started years ago before El-Rufai came into office 3 months ago. If the parties were law abiding and patient enough to pursue their issue from high Court, through Appeal Court and now they are in Supreme Court without resorting to violence why is Mr Governor now jumping into a matter that is before a court of competent jurisdiction?

The governor is playing out a script.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2015
Elevation:
Guy ABU, KASU or Kadpoly?
kadpoly o
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Elevation(m): 9:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
efobiugochukwu:
kadpoly o
No shaking, Na Sabo express or Tudunwada or Barnawa or Ungwar rimi your campus de?
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by cuteboy2: 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
Certainly Christians are cowards.

If a Christian governor dare shut down any mosque in this country on the flimsy excuse that the Imams in the mosque are quarrelling, the whole country would be on fire by now. By now churches and shops owned by Christians and Southerners will be burnt and Southerners slaughtered like ram.

Change has truly arrived. Enjoy it or shut up!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by obstead200(m): 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
El-ruffian the religious bigot.

El-ruffian the twitter warrior and loud mouthed midget.

B00HARI is doing his own at the federal level, Hell-rufai is doing his at the State level. They should continue.

Islamic Republic of Nigerianistan loading...
please cut el-rufai some slack abeg. At least he gave plausible reason for the closure of the church outfits.

Which Christian in this country will say he is not aware of the unending feud in Assemblies of God church and it's affiliated establishments? ThAt church has more political tussle than the race for Nigerian presidency.

Abeg it is time to shut down that church permanently. They have become the biggest disgrace to Christianity in Nigeria.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by nationwide1(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
cuteboy2:

If a Christian governor dare shut down any mosque in this country on the flimsy excuse that the Imams in the mosque are quarrelling, the whole country would be on fire by now. By now churches and shops owned by Christians and Southerners will be burnt and Southerners slaughtered like ram.

Change indeed my brother.

El-Rufai should have cited instance(s) Christian leaders in Kaduna State caused breach of public peace in the course of their disagreements.

Is that not a subtle Islamization? Where will the people worship now? I know brainwashed and hypnotized APC goons will defend this one.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
Elevation:
No shaking, Na Sabo express or Tudunwada or Barnawa or Ungwar rimi your campus de?
Tudu wada and u?
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by obstead200(m): 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
cuteboy2:

how many times have u seen imams quarrel like u see in churches? Let us be realistic abeg.
This is part of the reason why I become weary of going to church at times. The hypocrisy, selfishness and double standards is appalling
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by omojeesu(m): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
front247:
The beginning of Islamic agenda in Nigeria

No! Not the beginning. The continuation!!
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by obstead200(m): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
cuteboy2:

If the matter is before the Supreme Court then why is the governor interfering. Does that amount to contempt of court?

I believe the leadership disagreement started years ago before El-Rufai came into office 3 months ago. If the parties were law abiding and patient enough to pursue their issue from high Court, through Appeal Court and now they are in Supreme Court without resorting to violence why is Mr Governor now jumping into a matter that is before a court of competent jurisdiction?

The governor is playing out a script.
if the governor is playing put a script, I can swear on my one year salary that the script was handed to him by a Christian, most likely an interested party to the present church dispute. And closing down the church will be of benefit to the Christian who supposedly handed the script to El-rufai.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by omojeesu(m): 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
We haven't seen anything yet!
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by obstead200(m): 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
cuteboy2:

how many times have u seen imams quarrel like u see in churches? Let us be realistic abeg.
This is part of the reason why I become weary of going to church at times. The hypocrisy, selfishness and double standards is appalling
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Elevation(m): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
efobiugochukwu:
Tudu wada and u?
i know the place well, i de reside for kd-south, i grad. from ABU,Zaria awaiting service, na Engineering or science?
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
Elevation:
i know the place well, i de reside for kd-south, i grad. from ABU,Zaria awaiting for service, na Engineering or science?
kd south? men I don't knw north, east of west there. just knw tudun wada and few others. am not engr but will call it science. elect elect technology edu
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Elevation(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
efobiugochukwu:
Kd is cool, you dont stroll? *awaiting service* i been gbagaun earlier haha that is why reviewing is paramount
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by charlove(m): 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
[quote author=wasco24 post=38070656]Most foo.ls for these NL will never read before they show how useless their life is

Did el urfai shunt the Church because he hate Christian or because they are fighting for the leadership of the Church?

This country will remain backward till we put religion where it belong.

u re so dumb!
how does internal crisis of a church affect the peace of a state?
y didnt he shut down islam, since it brings terrorism?
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by sakieja(f): 10:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
alcmene:

you are the dumbest mallam av ever encountered on nairaland

this platform has given you rural dwellers the opportunity to feel among.
u are very silly,u even lack home moral cos if u do,u wil not base ur entire life typing rubish on nairaland.not everybody wit clothe on are sane.religion bigot.oponu ayirada.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Pays Amaechi A Visit (Photos) / Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) / Is Igwe Onyejekwe The Father Of Obasanjo? - PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.