Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful (16701 Views)

The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" / Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? / Pope Says This May Be Our Last Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
LadyMessi:

I prefer that kind of harm than going to him through the church.

Which church are you talking about, do you mean the Roman catholic church?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
winner01:

Catholicsm is religion. The word of God is truth. Drop religion and embrace truth.

True. Our Lord Jesus Christ did not die to make us religious, He died to connect us with the living God in a loving relationship. smiley
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
donnie:

Umm, I think you quoted this man out of context here. Of course I know himself n d rest of the Roman catholic church put the church first b4 d bible. But the title used here is misleading.

I think he is giving the same admonishion as you'd find in Hebrews 10:25 and 1Pet3:8.

All you said here is based on speculation, not the truth. Saying "I think" only shows that you are giving your own opinion which does not matter when it comes to the Word of God. God's commandments are not suggestions.

Do you also teach that people have to go to your church before they can have a personal relationship with Jesus? undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
elantraceey:

I rather not live than live without a relationship with my best companion . Pope that doesn't stop me instead it makes me want to work more in church just to see others develop the same closeness to God.

Can you clarify this point for me? Who did you say is your best companion, pope or Jesus?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
misreal:

Italo Italo. Abeg come and explain this to me.

You don't mean to say that you need Italo to put his spin on it, do you? undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
krattoss:

For him mind na

No be for him mind alone oh. Millions of his adherents believe it.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Even though I am not a Catholic,

I think his message was misunderstood. He was encouraging unity and fellowship with the brethren. And he discouraged the notion that one can do without the fellowship and communion of the assembly.

Even the bible speaks on the issue of not forsaking the assembly of beleivers.

I stand for the truth always even though I don't agree with most of their practice's.

You also "think". undecided Have you read the script or watched the videoclip?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The pope means you have to join the Roman catholic church to be saved.
...... Just imagine bro!
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
italo:

I support the Pope's biblical position 100%.

Show me one Christian in the Bible who had a personal relationship with Jesus and disregarded the Church?

Even St. Paul who met Jesus in a divine revelation...went to the Church.

But I know that you never answer questions like this.

I trust you to fully support your pope. Show me one Christian in the Bible who joined the Church before having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Did Paul join the Church before he had a personal relationship with Christ? undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by misreal(m): 11:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You don't mean to say that you need Italo to put his spin on it, do you? undecided
haha.lol
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
PastorAIO:

I agree with the Pope too. And the OP is trying to mirepresent what he is saying and the title of this thread is totally false.

There is NO (!) relationship with christ outside the communion. Anyone who says so is deceiving themselves and deceiving others. It betrays a totally lack of understanding of the dynamics of christianity.

it is this idea of personal relationship outside of communion that leads to thousands upon thousands of different churches with everybody getting a different message from the same god (apparently the same God).

This is religion which does not save, only Jesus can save. smiley

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
mizle:

The op gave a misleading heading.

What should be the right "heading"? undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
DoubleDeeX:
The man of sin at it again...He has finally revealed himself. Smh!

Jesus Christ will soon rapture His bride...The time is nigh people!

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Well said. This is for those whose senses are mature to discern the times. smiley

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ubenedictus:

you are getting the pope wrong.

The church is the "body of Christ". U cant claim to have a relationship with Jesus outside the body of Christ. That is a contradiction. Anyone who claims to have a relationship with God is a liar, a heretic who is harming both himself and d church.

Why don't you say what you really mean? You mean to say that the Roman Catholic Church is the body of Christ and the Pope is it's vicar.

Does anyone outside the RCC have a chance of having a living relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ubenedictus:

weytin concern man of sin for inside dis issue.

At the moment you cannot see it unless the Lord opens your eyes. cool
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
trapQ:

you and the pope are wrong. Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with GOD. Now, I'm not saying anyone should forsake the gathering of the brethren but discouraging people from having a personal relationship with Christ is very bad because that is the very essence of Christianity.

That's the point. smiley
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02am On Sep 22, 2015
modelmike7:

...... Just imagine bro!

My brother, I would say joining the RCC is dangerous and harmful to the human soul now and in eternity. shocked
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04am On Sep 22, 2015
misreal:

haha.lol

I can see that Italo didn't disapoint. cheesy
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by misreal(m): 12:11am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I can see that Italo didn't disapoint. cheesy
hahahaaha.i actually wanted to watch him defend his Pope,on this one.. lol
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 12:14am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I trust you to fully support your pope. Show me one Christian in the Bible who joined the Church before having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Did Paul join the Church before he had a personal relationship with Christ? undecided

The fact you couldn't answer my question says it all.

No Christian in the Bible disregarded the Church.

Individual "Christianity" is unscriptural, Mr 'Bible alone.'

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 12:16am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

My brother, I would say joining the RCC is dangerous and harmful to the human soul now and in eternity. shocked

Yet the souls of the Apostles who were the first Catholics are not in danger.

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

The fact you couldn't answer my question says it all.

No Christian in the Bible disregarded the Church.

Individual "Christianity" is unscriptural, Mr 'Bible alone.'

This is not a matter of disregarding the Church. Paul had an encounter with our Lord Jesus Christ and it took him 3 years before the church finally accepted him, courtesy of Barnabas. Are you now saying that Paul never had a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ before joining the physical church? undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 12:18am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

This is religion which does not save, only Jesus can save. smiley

Jesus founded the religion.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19am On Sep 22, 2015
misreal:

hahahaaha.i actually wanted to watch him defend his Pope,on this one.. lol

I hope you have seen how he has now twisted what his pope said into a person 'disregarding the church'. undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

Yet the souls of the Apostles who were the first Catholics are not in danger.

Which one came first? How could the Apostles be Roman Catholic? undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 12:22am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Which one came first? How could the Apostles be Roman Catholic? undecided

They were. How could they not be?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

Jesus founded the religion.

Jesus did not found a religion. That's where you are missing the point. Jesus did not come to found a religion, we could do that well without Him. He came to link us up with our heavenly Father, not your 'holy father', the pope.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

They were. How could they not be?

Tell me how you are different from Muslims who claim that Jesus was a Muslim?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 12:27am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I hope you have seen how he has now twisted what his pope said into a person 'disregarding the church'. undecided

Here is what he said:

"There is no "do-it-yourself" in the church, no "freelancers." How many times did we hear Pope Benedict Describe the church as a "we" church? Sometime you may hear someone say, "I believe in God, In Jesus, but the church… I don’t care." How many times have we heard this? This is wrong. There are those who believe you can have a personal, direct and immediate relationship with Jesus Christ outside the communion and mediation of the church. These temptations are dangerous and harmful. They are, in the words of the great Pope Paul VI, "absurd dichotomies." It's true that journeying together is challenging, and sometimes it can be tiring: it may be that some brother or sister (in the church) makes us face a problem, or scandalizes us. But the Lord entrusted his message of salvation to humans, all of us, as witnesses; and in our brothers and sisters, with their gifts and limits, who come to us and make themselves known. This means belonging to the church…"

At least read, before you show your hatred, envy and ignorance.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 12:29am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Tell me how you are different from Muslims who claim that Jesus was a Muslim?

Difference is they're Muslim; I'm Catholic.

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:33am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

At least read, before you show your hatred, envy and ignorance.

Now tell me, can one have a direct, immediate relationship with Jesus Christ? Watch the videoclip which gives a better understanding on what your 'holy father' said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lrT57Sncxw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Difference Between Sin And Abomination. / Why Faith Is Bad / Ramadan: Christians Feed Muslim Orphans & Widows In Kafanchan, Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.