Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful (16697 Views)

The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" / Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? / Pope Says This May Be Our Last Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 12:33am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus did not found a religion. That's where you are missing the point. Jesus did not come to found a religion, we could do that well without Him. He came to link us up with our heavenly Father, not your 'holy father', the pope.

He founded a religion

He founded a Church with a head - Peter.

With Apostles, leaders, elders

With sacraments - baptism, communion etc

With heirarchy

With an operational system.

That is religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

Difference is they're Muslim; I'm Catholic.

Another difference is that you have stopped short of saying that Jesus is a Roman Catholic but you have claimed that He came to found the Roman Catholic of which His disciples are members, no?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 12:38am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Now tell me, can one have a direct, immediate relationship with Jesus Christ? Watch the videoclip which gives a better understanding on what your 'holy father' said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lrT57Sncxw

I have watched the video again at your insistence.

I repeat: what the Pope said is biblical.

I challenge you to show me a Christian who emphasized a personal relationship with Jesus and disregarded the Church.

Show me one.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:39am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

He founded a religion

With heirarchy

That is religion.

Traditional religion will not save you. Come to Jesus and have a personal relationship with Him disregarding the RCC which does not save. cool

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

I have watched the video again at your insistence.

I repeat: what the Pope said is biblical.

I challenge you to show me a Christian who emphasized a personal relationship with Jesus and disregarded the Church.

Show me one.

Which church is disregarded, the RCC?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by misreal(m): 12:57am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I hope you have seen how he has now twisted what his pope said into a person 'disregarding the church'. undecided
not to worry my friend, the truth will always prevail no matter how hard humans try to hide it.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by misreal(m): 1:02am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The pope means you have to join the Roman catholic church to be saved.
thats exactly what he mearnt. Sometimes I wonder how people pride themselves in deceit and lies.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 1:12am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Traditional religion will not save you. Come to Jesus and have a personal relationship with Him disregarding the RCC which does not save. cool

So Jesus made a mistake by founding it?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 1:14am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Which church is disregarded, the RCC?

Yes.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 1:15am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Another difference is that you have stopped short of saying that Jesus is a Roman Catholic but you have claimed that He came to found the Roman Catholic of which His disciples are members, no?

In a sense, Jesus is Catholic.

He is the head of the Church.

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

So Jesus made a mistake by founding it?

Simon Magnus founded the RCC not Jesus.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

Yes.

The earlier they disregarded the RCC the better it will be for their spiritual well being. cool
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

In a sense, Jesus is Catholic.

He is the head of the Church.

In what sense is Jesus a Roman Catholic? If anything at all it is you Roman Catholics that need to become Christians and not the other way round.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52am On Sep 22, 2015
misreal:

thats exactly what he mearnt. Sometimes I wonder how people pride themselves in deceit and lies.

He is even taking it further by saying that Jesus and the Apostles are Roman Catholics. undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55am On Sep 22, 2015
misreal:

not to worry my friend, the truth will always prevail no matter how hard humans try to hide it.

It was Winston Churchill who said that "a lie gets half way round the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on". undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by misreal(m): 2:19am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

He is even taking it further by saying that Jesus and the Apostles are Roman Catholics. undecided
jesus never visited Italy to start with sef. No need talking to him, he needs prayers.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 2:22am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Simon Magnus founded the RCC not Jesus.

Evidence?

When?

Where?

How can it be that the Church that compiled the bible was founded by a sorcerer?

Where then, is the Church that was led by Peter? It disappeared?

No answers! Because you're lying!
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 2:26am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

In what sense is Jesus a Roman Catholic? If anything at all it is you Roman Catholics that need to become Christians and not the other way round.

I already said it. In the sense that he is the head of the Catholic Church.

Catholicism = Christianity.

Protestantism/pentecostalism is not Christianity.

Christianity didn't originate in the 16th century.

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 2:27am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The earlier they disregarded the RCC the better it will be for their spiritual well being. cool

You're saying the earlier they disregarded the bible compiled by the Catholic Church, the better for them.

That is false...and demonic.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by trapQ: 4:32am On Sep 22, 2015
did you not read that the part where he implied that having a personal relationship with Christ is wrong??
Christianity is a relationship between you and GOD, NOT with GOD and neighbour. this is crystal clear and this is the whole essence of Christianity.
when I said Christianity isn't a religion, I didn't mean it literally, which was I went further to give a definition. a lot of people go to church always but are missing the true purpose of Christianity which is to have a direct one on one communion or relationship with God.
saying Christianity is a relationship with GOD and neighbour is blasphemous because by doing so you're putting your neighbour on the same level with GOD, and its a sin to make anything as important as GOD in our lives. I suppose you know the greatest commandment.
I won't reply to other comments
italo:

1. Christianity is a RELIGION. Except you don't know what the word "religion" means. Read the dictionary!

2. Christianity is a relationship with God and neighbour. Read the Bible!

3. Neither I nor the Pope is discouraging people from having a personal relationship with God. We're condemning doing so without the Church. Read the speech!
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by trapQ: 4:38am On Sep 22, 2015
Jesus founded and initiated a relationship.... everyday these popes come out with new nonsense. then they said homosexuality isn't a sin.. before you ask how, google is your dear friend.Good luck listening to their sermons.
italo:

Jesus founded the religion.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 7:46am On Sep 22, 2015
trapQ:
Jesus founded and initiated a relationship....

...relationship and a RELIGION!

re·li·gion
\ri-ˈli-jən\
noun
: the belief in a god or in a group of gods
: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods
: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group
trapQ:

everyday these popes come out with new nonsense. then they said homosexuality isn't a sin..

If a man is attracted to a man (homosexual) but resists the temptation to engage in sexual acts outside of a Christian marriage (one man - one woman), has he sinned?

If a man is attracted to a woman who isn't his wife (heterosexual), but resists the urge to have sex with her, has he sinned?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 8:08am On Sep 22, 2015
trapQ:
did you not read that the part where he implied that having a personal relationship with Christ is wrong??
Christianity is a relationship between you and GOD, NOT with GOD and neighbour. this is crystal clear and this is the whole essence of Christianity.
when I said Christianity isn't a religion, I didn't mean it literally, which was I went further to give a definition. a lot of people go to church always but are missing the true purpose of Christianity which is to have a direct one on one communion or relationship with God.
saying Christianity is a relationship with GOD and neighbour is blasphemous because by doing so you're putting your neighbour on the same level with GOD, and its a sin to make anything as important as GOD in our lives. I suppose you know the greatest commandment.
I won't reply to other comments

1John4:20 Those who say, “I love God,” and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. 21 The commandment we have from him is this: those who love God must love their brothers and sisters also.

Matt25:37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ 40 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’

Matt22:36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Lastly, 6 out of the 10 commandments refer to your relationship with neighbour.

So all the above bible verses are blasphemous abi?

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:58am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

He founded a religion

With heirarchy

That is religion.

This is the problem of religious folks. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the head of the Church and until you begin to develop a personal relationship with our Him (Jesus) you cannot become a part of the body (Church) of Christ.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01am On Sep 22, 2015
misreal:

jesus never visited Italy to start with sef. No need talking to him, he needs prayers.

Peter rebuked the founder of their church called Simon, the sorcerer and it was this Simon that started the counterfeit church in Italy as opposed to the Church of Christ.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:03am On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

Evidence?

When?

Where?

How can it be that the Church that compiled the bible was founded by a sorcerer?

Where then, is the Church that was led by Peter? It disappeared?

No answers! Because you're lying!

Read your Bible to see how Simon Peter rebuked Simon Magnus (the Sorcerer) and warned him to repent but he would rather start his own religion and hence, the Roman Catholic institution.

"You have neither part nor lot in this matter: for your heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. For I perceive that you are in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity" (Acts 8:21-23).
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by misreal(m): 9:28am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Peter rebuked the founder of their church called Simon, the sorcerer and it was this Simon that started the counterfeit church in Italy as opposed to the Church of Christ.
woah.i didn't know this oh.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by jaegermesiter: 9:44am On Sep 22, 2015
Its a big shame that you are twisting what the pope said,in our disdain for the catholic church let us be careful not make libelious statement,xtianity is abt God,U and ur neigbhours,faith alone can't save you,but faith and good works.Rome is not the centre of the church cos peter preached there but cos he died there,the first HQ of the church was Jerusalem and there was d first council conveined.what abt the churches founded by the other apostles? James,phillip,john,bartholomew,what were they Syrian catholic or mesopotamia catholic??
Roman catholic church is a term used to describe the catholics by protestants
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Read your Bible to see how Simon Peter rebuked Simon Magnus (the Sorcerer) and warned him to repent but he would rather start his own religion and hence, the Roman Catholic institution.

"You have neither part nor lot in this matter: for your heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. For I perceive that you are in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity" (Acts 8:21-23).

Nowhere does the verse say the bold. You're lying against the bible as usual.

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 10:07am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

This is the problem of religious folks. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the head of the Church and until you begin to develop a personal relationship with our Him (Jesus) you cannot become a part of the body (Church) of Christ.

Jesus was a religious folk. He was baptized. He was circumcised. He went to Jerusalem on pilgrimage. He asked us to be baptized. He asked us to receive communion. He made Peter the head of the Church. He taught the apostles to ordain their successors. Jesus gave us doctrines to adhere to.

Jesus gave us the religion. If you hate religion, go and fight Jesus.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by Jozzy4: 10:24am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Fear God o , pls show me where in the bible it was stated that Simon the sorcerer founded the catholic church ?

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by Jeromejnr(m): 10:26am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You also "think". undecided Have you read the script or watched the videoclip?

Well, I have only read the script. I will listen to the video clip and give my comment later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Difference Between Sin And Abomination. / Why Faith Is Bad / Ramadan: Christians Feed Muslim Orphans & Widows In Kafanchan, Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.