Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful (16702 Views)

The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" / Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? / Pope Says This May Be Our Last Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

The bible disproves you again:

Matt26:26 And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. This is my body.

Luke22:19 Then he took a loaf of bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

That is the height of religion and personal relationship with the Lord.

Both cannot be separated!

You have forgotten that you have to be part of the body of Christ before you can partake of this holy communion and it does not mean that you have to bring Jesus Christ down from heaven for Him to die again and again.

"Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord" (1 Corinthians 11:27)
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

John20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

I keep quoting the bible; you keep contradicting the bible with demonic "links."

My brother leave this Op...he forgot that the bible is spiritually motivated, he keep on posting links that are formulated by men of natural mind, links that have no basis as far as spirituality and Jesus Christ is concerned.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You have forgotten that you have to be part of the body of Christ before you can partake of this holy communion and it does not mean that you have to bring Jesus Christ down from heaven for Him to die again and again.

"Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord" (1 Corinthians 11:27)

Communion is the height of religion and personal relationship with Jesus. Period.

Jesus didn't separate both. Only false teachers like you do.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

John20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

I keep quoting the bible; you keep contradicting the bible with demonic "links."

And I have also told you that only Jesus Christ can forgive you of your sins not your pope neither your priests as you are led to believe. Only our Lord Jesus Christ forgives on the basis of saving faith in Christ alone, not in your pope or your pastor and certainly not in conjunction with your works. It is by faith in Jesus Christ alone.

The disciples you referred to in the quote up there were given the authority to recognise such faith in new believers and then give them assurance of salvation according to the Word.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

And I have also told you that only Jesus Christ can forgive you of your sins not your pope neither your priests as you are led to believe. Only our Lord Jesus Christ forgives on the basis of saving faith in Christ alone, not in your pope or your pastor and certainly not in conjunction with your works. It is by faith in Jesus Christ alone.

The disciples you referred to in the quote up there were given the authority to recognise such faith in new believers and then give them assurance of salvation according to the Word.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

The bible never said the bold. You're lying against God as usual.

The disciples were simply given authority to forgive or retain sin.

It's in black and white:

Matt16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

2 Likes

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

The Canon of scripture is also a Catholic teaching. You're saying the bible is false.

This can easily be debunked. Why do we not find all of your false teachings in this Bible if the Roman catholics actually compiled it? undecided
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

The bible never said the bold. You're lying against God as usual.

The disciples were simply given authority to forgive or retain sin.

It's in black and white:

So you expect every statement I make to be quoted verbatim from the Bible. undecided

This is how the verse will read in the Greek tenses:

"Whose soever sins you remit, they shall have been remitted to them"

italo:

Matt16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Again there's a play on words here. In Greek, "Peter" means petros, which is a small stone, whereas "rock" is petra, meaning a great rock mass, solid and immovable. The Rock is Jesus Christ on which the Church is built upon and not a small stone, Peter. It was Peter's great confession of Jesus as the Creator and Son of the living God was the massive rock foundation on which Christ would build His Church.

The word "Church" that Jesus used here in Greek is ekklesia, meaning the called out assembly in the NT. This Church built by Christ consists of all who agree in mind and spirit with Peter's great confession in the biblical reference you quoted earlier on.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

So you expect every statement I make to be quoted verbatim from the Bible. undecided

This is how the verse will read in the Greek tenses:

"Whose soever sins you remit, they shall have been remitted to them"

Again there's a play on words here. In Greek, "Peter" means petros, which is a small stone, whereas "rock" is petra, meaning a great rock mass, solid and immovable. The Rock is Jesus Christ on which the Church is built upon and not a small stone, Peter. It was Peter's great confession of Jesus as the Creator and Son of the living God was the massive rock foundation on which Christ would build His Church.

The word "Church" that Jesus used here in Greek is ekklesia, meaning the called out assembly in the NT. This Church built by Christ consists of all who agree in mind and spirit with Peter's great confession in the biblical reference you quoted earlier on.

grin and Jesus also gave the keys to the kingdom to "Peters confession" abi...keep fooling yourself alone.

It's in black and white, it doesn't need explanation:

2 Likes

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

This can easily be debunked. Why do we not find all of your false teachings in this Bible if the Roman catholics actually compiled it? undecided

Because we have no false teaching.

The bible is a product of Catholic teaching. Nowhere did the bible mention "bible."

And the bible didn't fall from the sky as you believe.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

grin and Jesus also gave the keys to the kingdom to "Peters confession" abi...keep fooling yourself alone.

Snip

Those keys were not literal keys. What you supposed to take as literal you allegorise and what you suppose to take as a metaphor you take it literal. undecided

The figurative key that Jesus used was to open the way of salvation for those hearers who will respond to the gospel message. Peter representing all the apostles used the key to open the door to the Jews and Gentiles respectively.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2015
italo:

Because we have no false teaching.

The bible is a product of Catholic teaching. Nowhere did the bible mention "bible."

And the bible didn't fall from the sky as you believe.

Check the list of your false doctrines here. ==> https://www.nairaland.com/2422498/list-false-teachings-roman-catholic
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Check the list of your false doctrines here. ==> https://www.nairaland.com/2422498/list-false-teachings-roman-catholic

You've been debunked on that thread.

And the bible is a product of Catholic doctrine.

If Catholic doctrine is false, bible is false.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Those keys were not literal keys. What you supposed to take as literal you allegorise and what you suppose to take as a metaphor you take it literal. undecided

The figurative key that Jesus used was to open the way of salvation for those hearers who will respond to the gospel message. Peter representing all the apostles used the key to open the door to the Jews and Gentiles respectively.

Oh...so now Jesus was talking about Peter and not his 'great confession' anymore. Keep fooling yourself. Scriptural evidence for Confession and Papacy is there in black and white:

John21:15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by trapQ: 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
Christianity is a relationship with GOD. there's no addition and subtraction to this. why do you think JESUS CHRIST died for our sins?? its simple- to reconcile us with our GOD and he's the mediator. he didn't die to reconcile us with our neighbours. he doesn't serve as a mediator BTW us and our neighbours.

before Christ came, everyone had a relationship with their neighbours, but only " few prophets" had a relationship with GOD". if you still want to argue, consult your ancestors.
italo:

1John4:20 Those who say, “I love God,” and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. 21 The commandment we have from him is this: those who love God must love their brothers and sisters also.

Matt25:37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ 40 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’

Matt22:36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Lastly, 6 out of the 10 commandments refer to your relationship with neighbour.

So all the above bible verses are blasphemous abi?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by trapQ: 11:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
how does this relate to the topic yes he has sinned!!! Jesus clearly stated this. it is not just the act but the desire and lust in the heart is also a sin.
italo:

...relationship and a RELIGION!

If a man is attracted to a man (homosexual) but resists the temptation to engage in sexual acts outside of a Christian marriage (one man - one woman), has he sinned?

If a man is attracted to a woman who isn't his wife (heterosexual), but resists the urge to have sex with her, has he sinned?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 7:50am On Sep 23, 2015
trapQ:
Christianity is a relationship with GOD. there's no addition and subtraction to this. why do you think JESUS CHRIST died for our sins?? its simple- to reconcile us with our GOD and he's the mediator. he didn't die to reconcile us with our neighbours. he doesn't serve as a mediator BTW us and our neighbours.

before Christ came, everyone had a relationship with their neighbours, but only " few prophets" had a relationship with GOD". if you still want to argue, consult your ancestors.

Your argument is not against me, but against the bible. I only asked you to confirm that these verses are blasphemous since they show Christianity to be about having a relationship with God and neighbour.

1John4:20 Those who say, “I love God,” and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. 21 The commandment we have from him is this: those who love God must love their brothers and sisters also.

Matt25:37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or Unclad and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ 40 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 7:54am On Sep 23, 2015
trapQ:
how does this relate to the topic yes he has sinned!!! Jesus clearly stated this. it is not just the act but the desire and lust in the heart is also a sin.

To lust is to want something for an inordinate motive.

I can be physically attracted to a nice young lady without lusting after her. No?

Are you equating attraction with lust?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by Anas09: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2015
When the pope said, The Church' he is not refering to the body of Christ as awhole. He is talking abt the RCC. It has taken the place of God/Christ. Behind 'the church is Mary. The Catholic Church doesn't recognise any other denomination other than RCC. And pls be adviced, RCC is not Christianity. It is a distortion of Chritianity.
Mary is their goddess.
They belive in the virgin birth of Mary. And they believed she died a virgin, even wen the Bibles states clearly that Mary had other children Lk 6:3.
They make her divine so that they can worship her(Queen of Heaven) Jere. 7:16.
Their relationionship is with mary not with Jesus. If u don't believe and treat mary as they do, then u r not saved.
Checkout their Jesus, is either he's a toddler in a craddle or nailed on the cross. Ask any Catholic if he/she is expecting the second coming of Christ and hear what they will tell U.
They have the same spirit with Islam. Perversion of the truth.
The RCC fought to keep all Europe catholics. An empty religion without the holy spirit, now Europe is all atheist.
That's what the Pope is advocating here, drop Jesus and turn to 'THE CHURCH' then when u r confronted with questions and challenges, there'll be no holy spirit to teach U, then u can turn and say there's no God.

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by Jozzy4: 10:51am On Sep 23, 2015
Anas09:
When the pope said, The Church' he is not refering to the body of Christ as awhole. He is talking abt the RCC. It has taken the place of God/Christ. Behind 'the church is Mary. The Catholic Church doesn't recognise any other denomination other than RCC. And pls be adviced, RCC is not Christianity. It is a distortion of Chritianity.
Mary is their goddess.
They belive in the virgin birth of Mary. And they believed she died a virgin, even wen the Bibles states clearly that Mary had other children Lk 6:3.
Their relationionship is with mary not with Jesus. If u don't believe and treat mary as they do, then u r not saved.
Checkout their Jesus, is either he's a toddler in a craddle or nailed on the cross. Ask any Catholic if he/she is expecting the second coming of Christ and hear what they

Nevertheless , you both belive that Jesus is Almighty God and that make Mary a God MOTHER .

2 Likes

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by elantraceey(f): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Can you clarify this point for me? Who did you say is your best companion, pope or Jesus?

Pope ko, lol. Jesus .
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
italo:

Communion is the height of religion and personal relationship with Jesus. Period.

Jesus didn't separate both. Only false teachers like you do.

Religion makes you practise cannibalism in pretense of eating the holy communion. You are not required to miraculously call Jesus from heaven so as to eat Him as a wafer.

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
italo:

Your argument is not against me, but against the bible. I only asked you to confirm that these verses are blasphemous since they show Christianity to be about having a relationship with God and neighbour.

Matt25:37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or Unclad and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ 40 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’

Bravo! Good job. cheesy
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
Anas09:

Mary is their goddess.
Checkout their Jesus, is either he's a toddler in a craddle or nailed on the cross. Ask any Catholic if he/she is expecting the second coming of Christ and hear what they will tell U.
The RCC fought to keep all Europe catholics. An empty religion without the holy spirit, now Europe is all atheist.
That's what the Pope is advocating here, drop Jesus and turn to 'THE CHURCH' then when u r confronted with questions and challenges, there'll be no holy spirit to teach U, then u can turn and say there's no God.

Well said. cheesy
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
Jozzy4:

Nevertheless , you both belive that Jesus is Almighty God and that make Mary a God MOTHER .

Haven't you elevated Mary to a deity?

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by Jozzy4: 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Haven't you elevated Mary to a deity?

Yea I remember this liar , you are yet to prove your claim ryt ? grin Liaarrrrrrrrr !!!!!

Do you belive Jesus is the Almighty God , oga tell us who is the mother of your Almighty God ?

3 Likes

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Religion makes you practise cannibalism in pretense of eating the holy communion. You are not required to miraculously call Jesus from heaven so as to eat Him as a wafer.

That's according to you and your demonic cartoons.

According to the Holy bible:

Matt26:26 And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. This is my body.

Luke22:19 Then he took a loaf of bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

That is Religion...which inevitably leads to a personal relationship with Jesus.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by italo: 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
Anas09:
Mary is their goddess.

Why are you lying against the Catholic Church and misrepresenting its teachings and practises?

Is it because you cannot fault it's true teachings and practises?
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by AdeniyiA(m): 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yes, dangerous and harmful to my enemies ...
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by Aizenosa(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
grin grin grin lmao OLAADEGBU chai what did the Catholic church do to u for u to be dis motivated to try to bring it down, lol anyway make I remind u many have tried and after so much trial some became Catholics and others faded into oblivion.

Our Father whom art in heaven, hallow be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily bread and FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHOM TRESPASSE AGAINST US and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from every evil. Amen
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by eepa: 8:58am On Sep 24, 2015
The problem with Christians is dat if one does not belong to your denomination what ever he say become anti Gospel.St Paul tells us vividly that the church is made of many parts,each one contributing to the common goal of the church,hence he said the leg cannot tell the hand I have no need of you,or the eye tell the mouth I have no need of you.The pope as simply stated that there is no stand alone Christianity.Our God is a community( three persons in one God).and he want his people to live and worship as a community.

1 Like

Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by brize(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2015
Ubenedictus:

weytin concern man of sin for inside dis issue.
you dey mind that clown, you for leave him make he dey disgrace him family there.
Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by bxcode(m): 11:14am On Sep 24, 2015
italo:

1. Christianity is a RELIGION. Except you don't know what the word "religion" means. Read the dictionary!

2. Christianity is a relationship with God and neighbour. Read the Bible!

3. Neither I nor the Pope is discouraging people from having a personal relationship with God. We're condemning doing so without the Church. Read the speech!
How dumb can you get and still breathe. Religion is a form of worshiping a particular supreme being that was invented by man. Going by that, tell me the man that invented Christianity if not Jesus himself. Quit religion and live bro.
Christianity is not and can never be a religion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Difference Between Sin And Abomination. / Why Faith Is Bad / Ramadan: Christians Feed Muslim Orphans & Widows In Kafanchan, Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.