Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. (39862 Views)

Photos Of Buhari And Osinbajo's Letters Read To The Senate By Saraki Today / Complete Names Of 21 Ministerial Nominees Read By Saraki / Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by hassan85(m): 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:
Lolz why is the CCB going to TVC to make their case? Shebi They said they are also a court baa? They should go ahead and order Saraki's arrest let us see.

So pathetic to see a so- called court of competent jurisdiction running to television stations to make noise.
grin grin
u are just an obsolate fool. Shey u just understanding the constitution today. Good for ur life.

7 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by biodunid: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
CCB and CCT are two different things.

One is the Bureau (instigating and prosecuting) and the order is the Tribunal (Court).

chukwudi44:
Lolz why is the CCB going to TVC to make their case? Shebi They said they are also a court baa? They should go ahead and order Saraki's arrest let us see.

So pathetic to see a so- called court of competent jurisdiction running to television stations to make noise.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by Boss13: 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
omogidi234:

Thanks for your information but please let me add that it appears some of our senior lawyers when they have practiced for a long period like 10,15, 20 years do forget the fundamentals of the court system. I learnt in my days as an Undergraduate (100L) that under the Nigerian Legal System, the HIGH COURT, FEDERAL HIGH COURT, SHARIA COURT OF APPEAL and ANY TRIBUNAL as well as the Newly Accredited by the Constitution- The INDUSTRIAL COURT are courts of co-ordinate jurisdiction. What that means is that none of those courts above can issue an order against one another. Appeal from all those courts go to Court of Appeal. So it is the Court of Appeal that can stop the CCT and you know, Saraki cannot head to Court of Appeal as a court of first instance- so the gimmick is go to FHC and if it does not work, on the foundation of the FHC Ruling, either party can now go to Court of Appeal and later to Supreme Court, thereby delaying the arraignment. The best bet is for the CCT to disregard the FHC order as is only persuasive and not binding.

FHC= Federal High Court
CCT = Code of Coduct Tribunal.

Thank you for clarifying. I wonder the High Court Judge that is giving the restraining/Injunction order. Is he not in the capacity to inform the lawyers, who by the way are disgracing themselves, that CCT is a court on its own standing.

6 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by ibedun: 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
WALAHI

This film dey sweet me.

The humbling of Saraki and his NL spoke person (Chukwudi44)

9 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

nope dear,it would only take another court order to quash the arrest warrant grin grin grin grin

Why will a court quash a valid arrest warrant of another court of coordinate jurisdiction ?

And why will the high court give leeway to the disregard of a tribunal's order when it obviously has no regulatory power over it?

6 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by duwdu: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
omogidi234:

Thanks for your information but please let me add that it appears some of our senior lawyers when they have practiced for a long period like 10,15, 20 years do forget the fundamentals of the court system. I learnt in my days as an Undergraduate (100L) that under the Nigerian Legal System, the HIGH COURT, FEDERAL HIGH COURT, SHARIA COURT OF APPEAL and ANY TRIBUNAL as well as the Newly Accredited by the Constitution- The INDUSTRIAL COURT are courts of co-ordinate jurisdiction. What that means is that none of those courts above can issue an order against one another. Appeal from all those courts go to Court of Appeal. So it is the Court of Appeal that can stop the CCT and you know, Saraki cannot head to Court of Appeal as a court of first instance- so the gimmick is go to FHC and if it does not work, on the foundation of the FHC Ruling, either party can now go to Court of Appeal and later to Supreme Court, thereby delaying the arraignment. The best bet is for the CCT to disregard the FHC order as is only persuasive and not binding.

FHC= Federal High Court
CCT = Code of Coduct Tribunal.

Really pertinent info this, @omogidi234. Many thanks for the insight.

P34c3

4 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by shaddoww: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
I remember in 2011 dat Tinubu didn't cry witch-hunt wen he was taking to d tribunal den, he appeared n was acquainted

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by omogidi234(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
baralatie:

except the individual has a legal document not to!

I think it is an abuse of Court process for a Court to summon you and you appear telling the Court that you have an injunction restraining the Court from trying or inviting you. Except you had a case in a Court before hand and the same party in the case went to another court on the same cause of action.

5 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by baralatie(m): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
omogidi234:

There is no Gbam. He does not have immunity. The best bet is for him to honour this invitation, appear at the CCT and let a crack team of lawyers handle his defence otherwise, he would be arrested/ or he runs away.
I don't see all these postulations happening!
it is either it (CCT) postpones this meeting till next seating!
Go to the FHC Chambers and sort this issue out and recovenes!
Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by dekdek: 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
ibedun:
WALAHI

This film dey sweet me.

The humbling of Saraki and his NL spoke person (Chukwudi44)

Chukwumumu, ur destruction is near. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by baralatie(m): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
omogidi234:

I think it is an abuse of Court process for a Court to summon you and you appear telling the Court that you have an injunction restraining the Court from trying or inviting you. Except you had a case in a Court before hand and the same party in the case went to another court on the same cause of action.
I agree why because there are many courts duplicating the functions of an appellate court!
hence as long as you have duplication of courts that is what is going to happen!
Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by masseratti: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
baralatie:

oga! quote or state that supreme court verdict that stated that CCB is a court of jurisprudence against the constitution.
state the supreme court ruling that said high court cannot entertain a suite as regards the CCB!
state that part of the constitution where CCB can give INSTRUTION TO ISSUE WARRANT OF ARREST
you are confusing ccb with cct.they are not the same thing.the high Court summoned the head of ccb not cct.

7 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by OAMMB(f): 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
merry02:
Tinubu is a disgrace to Yoruba kingdom for causing imbroglio in APC....this is not Awolowo legacy.

What is this one saying undecided
What is Awo's legacy if i may ask....
Does it support corruption or is anyone bigger than the law of the land?
Oga abeg make sense or park.

8 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by Forwetinnah: 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
Good!! When CCB is done with Saraki, they should face Buhari for declaring that hoax as his assets...if not? My town Juju will be in court to finish work tongue
Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by omogidi234(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
Boss13:

Thank you for clarifying. I wonder the High Court Judge that is giving the restraining/Injunction order. Is he not in the capacity to inform the lawyers, who by the way are disgracing themselves, that CCT is a court on its own standing.

With due respect to his Lordship, I would not know whether he knew or raised this issue Suo Moto to the counsel to Saraki but I was so sure that he would not grant the Ex-Parte application. I mean how do you intend to stop a Tribunal Proceedings without putting all the Parties involved On Notice?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by OnReflection: 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
masseratti:
you are confusing ccb with cct.they are not the same thing.the high Court summoned the head of ccb not cct.

He does not get it all...

See the way he is confusing Khaki for leather... grin

(3)The chairman shall be a person who has held or is qualified to hold office as a judge of a superior court of record in Nigeria and shall receive such remuneration as may be prescribed by law.

1 Like

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by duwdu: 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
omogidi234:

A court can ignore another court's or tribunal's order but No individual can ignore a court's call most especially in a government that is ready to work. EXCEPT that person bolts out of Nigeria and stays outside until after the life of the government. The latter option may be better.

Very well put. Thanks.

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by arabianights: 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

grin grin

CCB IS NOT A COURT. PLEASE BE ADVISED,THANK YOU

2 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
F50:
On Tinubu station....lol
Nigeria as a country exhibits human character, I wonder what the citizens will exhibit.
stupid fool

2 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by ManTiger(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
CBB - Confusion Break Bone.

1 Like

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by omogidi234(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
baralatie:

I disagree sir. Please note it is CCB (Organization ) and not CCT (Tribunal) that was summoned. It is like saying a Judge of High Court in Lagos summons a Judge of High Court of Osun. No judge can summon another except you are summoning the judge on his/her personal capacity.

3 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by giantstrides(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
OnReflection:

The CCT is a sleeping beast that should never be nudged. grin
If in doubt, take a look at the powers reposed in it.

^^^LoL. The emboldened statement nullifies the central plank of Saraki's argument.

Interesting.

1 Like

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by baralatie(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
omogidi234:

I disagree sir. Please note it is CCB (Organization ) and not CCT (Tribunal) that was summoned. It is like saying a Judge of High Court in Lagos summons a Judge of High Court of Osun. No judge can summon another except you are summoning the judge on his/her personal capacity.
just watch and see!
Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by lummyguy: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Saraki can as well ignore the CCT on the same premise of obeying the high court's order cool cool cool cool

Even d best lawyer would counsel against this...From one Judge to another is a Fraternity...but from the Court to individuals is Law. And Contempt of law could be Prison.

My 1 Shilling is for the Defendant to come to equity with clean hands...Why so is the defendant scared of CCT that it is seeking an Injunction?

Witch hunt or not...the law as made provisions for damages where the need arises

Finally, Nuf preemptions on the outcome of a trial yet to be opened...the truth is the Precedence would be set again and two things would have been achieved ;
1) Our democracy is Strengthened
2) Politicians will realise it's no longer business as usual

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
baralatie:

DONT MIND THE FOOLS.ANY STUPID ORDER ISSUED BY THE CCT WILL BE QUASHED BY THE FHC AND GBAM WE ARE BACK TO SQUARE ONE
Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
lummyguy:

Even d best lawyer would counsel against this...From one Judge to another is a Fraternity...but from the Court to individuals is Law. And Contempt of law could be Prison.

My 1 Shilling is for the Defendant to come to equity with clean hands...Why so is the defendant scared of CCT that it is seeking an Injunction?

Witch hunt or not...the law as made provisions for damages where the need arises

Finally, Nuf preemptions on the outcome of a trial yet to be opened...the truth is the Precedence would be set again and two things would have been achieved ;
1) Our democracy is threatened

WHY IS THE CCB AFRAID OF THE FHC ABUJA? SHEBI THEY WERE SIMPLY ASKED TO COME AND GIVE REASONS WHY SARAKI SHOULD BE PUT ON TRIAL? cool cool cool
Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by bigerboy200: 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
oweman:

The trial will resume by 1.300m ( live on Tinubus. TVC news organ ) to cotinue the Tinubu inspired trial . Unfortunately this trial is a big minus for Nigeria if truly the last case this trial sat on was in 2011 on Tinubus corruption charges not just CCB forms .
Now Bukola after serving two term as a governor and one term as a senator questions need be asked if all this years the tribunal has been sleeping or was in coma or who is the attorney general of the federation as the law stipulate .
Even if Tinubu will be appointed the attorney general he should wait to be administer the oath of office before making a fool of himself and his TVC tv
where were u wen Tinubu was being tried for same offence in 2012(having left office in 2007)?? it was on live TV across d country...If saraki is innocent, he should prove that before the court.. what do Nigerians even want??

4 Likes

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by bettercreature(m): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
lummyguy:

1) Our democracy is Strengthened

Saraki will be acquitted in the next 30min
Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
so you think

a lot of people will notice it

come to ikeja in the morning especially newspaper stands...you will find TVC there
F50:

Have you noticed that both sides of every argument holds some truth or makes some sense, having said that its no longer sufficient to declare any party right or wrong in totality. Rather its adviceable to establish a common ground between or amongst both parties involved while ensuring that justice and fairness is given the utmost preference in the final proclamation.

Now back to your question. If we are to create a list of TV stations in Nigeria in the order of performance or professionalism or even size, I'm very sure TVC won't make the first page. But here they are; in the forefront of the Saraki Saga. Saraki might be guilty as charged for all I care, after all he was part of previous political dispensations known for corruption.

But lets be sincere to our selves for ones in this our short life. TVC Of all stations in this country.

Be sincere to yourself in secret, nobody will notice.

1 Like

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by globalresource: 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
shaddoww:
I remember in 2011 dat Tinubu didn't cry witch-hunt wen he was taking to d tribunal den, he appeared n was acquainted

criminal offense does not expire. don't forget Bill Cosby case in the US. we need to know that it is not business as usual

1 Like

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by yns4real: 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
23. Powers of the Tribunal to impose punishment
(1) Where the Tribunal finds a public officer guilty of contravening any of the provisions of this Act, it shall
impose upon that officer any of the punishments specified under subsection (2) of this section.
(2) The punishment which the
Tribunal may impose shall include any of the following-
(a) vacation of office or any elective or nominated office, as the case may be;
(b) disqualification from holding any public office (whether elective or not) for a period not exceeding ten years; and
(c) seizure and forfeiture to the State of any property acquired in abuse or corruption of office.

(3) The punishments mentioned in subsection (2) of this section shall be
without prejudice to the penalties that may be imposed by any law where the breach of conduct is also a criminal offence under the Criminal Code or any other enactment or law.

(4) Where the Tribunal gives a
decision as to whether or not a person is guilty of a contravention of any of the provisions of this Act, an
appeal shall lie as of right from such decision or from any punishment imposed on such person to the Court
of Appeal at the instance of any party to the proceedings.

(5) Any right of appeal to the COURT OF APPEAL from the decision of the Tribunal conferred by subsection
(4) of this section shall be exercised in accordance with the provisions of the rules of court for the time being in force regulating the powers,
practice and procedure of the Court of Appeal.

(6) Nothing in this section shall prejudice the prosecution of a public officer punished under this section,
or preclude such officer from being prosecuted or punished for an offence in a court of law.

(7) The provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999, relating to prerogative of
mercy, shall not apply to any
punishment imposed in accordance with the provisions of this section.

1 Like

Re: CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. by Google63(m): 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

DONT MIND THE FOOLS.ANY STUPID ORDER ISSUED BY THE CCT WILL BE QUASHED BY THE FHC AND GBAM WE ARE BACK TO SQUARE ONE
Pa Shukudi, I hope you won't deactivate your account if Saraki gets booted out at last. This was how you were fuming for GEJ during the last election...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi / Akwa Ibom Government Distributes Transistor Radios / Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.