Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (359508 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:59pm On May 23, 2019
1Sharon:

But since it's obvious they are milking the system, don't they make them pay up?

I think they did the same to a Nigerian lady that came to the UK and had triplets I think, it was in the papers.

She's slowly paying up the debt

In Brazil they don't , whether you are having triplets or quintuplets. Just get yourself your CPF at the policia federal (any tourist can get it), then waltz into any public hospital and you will be able to give birth for free.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ugosample(m): 4:59pm On May 23, 2019
Nigerians and their peculiar thought process undecided

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by RedPanda: 7:30pm On May 23, 2019
justwise:

They don’t need to change constitution to stop foreigners abusing the health care.

Hmmmn true, but even a mere act of parliament is very tedious now with the hyper partisanship in the United States. The last time comprehensive immigration reform passed was in 1970s during the Reagan Administration. Nothing can get 60 votes now in the United States Senate and any Trumpian bill is dead on arrival in a democratic controlled House. Same goes for healthcare, democrats would resist any changes, it wont get 60 votes in the senate, heck it won't even get 51 votes if done through budget reconciliation, that's how fraught healthcare bills are in the United States. So it's tough.

I honestly don't know about Brazil, but it's a federal republic and I suspect the processes should be similar to that of America. I could be wrong though. Maybe MrBrownJay can speak on it although I highly doubt they would change there healthcare laws just cos of some perceived abuse by foreigners.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 7:35pm On May 23, 2019
RedPanda:

Hmmmn true, but even a mere act of parliament is very tedious now with the hyper partisanship in the United States. The last time comprehensive immigration reform passed was in 1970s during the Reagan Administration. Nothing can get 60 votes now in the United States Senate and any Trumpian bill is dead on arrival in a democratic controlled House. Same goes for healthcare, democrats would resist any changes, it wont get 60 votes in the senate, heck it won't even get 51 votes if done through budget reconciliation, that's how fraught healthcare bills are in the United States. So it's tough.

I honestly don't know about Brazil, but it's a federal republic and I suspect the processes should be similar to that of America. I could be wrong though. Maybe MrBrownJay can speak on it although I highly doubt they would change there healthcare laws just cos of some perceived abuse by foreigners.

I'm not talking about USA
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by AngelicBeing: 7:45pm On May 23, 2019
Ugosample:
Nigerians and their peculiar thought process undecided

Hian, wetin Nigerians do you grin

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 8:06pm On May 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

In Brazil they don't , whether you are having triplets or quintuplets. Just get yourself your CPF at the policia federal (any tourist can get it), then waltz into any public hospital and you will be able to give birth for free.
How many days does it take to get CPF at Brazilian embassy in Nigeria? A friend applied on Monday and he was told there is network issue. They promised to mail the CPF print out to him... Up till now, he hasn't receive mail from the embassy.

Any idea on what to do? He has sent series of mails but they said it will be sent once is approved
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:17pm On May 23, 2019
peppo4live:

How many days does it take to get CPF at Brazilian embassy in Nigeria? A friend applied on Monday and he was told there is network issue. They promised to mail the CPF print out to him... Up till now, he hasn't receive mail from the embassy.

Any idea on what to do? He has sent series of mails but they said it will be sent once is approved

Sorry bro, I only know about doing the CPF, at the policia federal, as you land in Brazil.... Normal tourist wouldn't normally need to apply for a CPF.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 8:53pm On May 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Sorry bro, I only know about doing the CPF, at the policia federal, as you land in Brazil.... Normal tourist wouldn't normally need to apply for a CPF.
This one is for a job purpose and the employer in brazil is requesting for it?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:20am On May 24, 2019
peppo4live:

This one is for a job purpose and the employer in brazil is requesting for it?

Ah Ok that's why....you will be getting a working visa, not tourist.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 3:38am On May 24, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Ah Ok that's why....you will be getting a working visa, not tourist.

Thank you MrBrownJay1,
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 8:51am On May 24, 2019
Can anyone help me with the requirements for work visa? Is not available on their website. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by shyfulanigirl: 2:35pm On May 24, 2019
Ok,So after all the back and forth happening..
If a Nigerian willing to have a baby in Brazil,and not "abuse the system ",does that mean delivery in a private hospital only?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:20pm On May 24, 2019
shyfulanigirl:
Ok,So after all the back and forth happening..
If a Nigerian willing to have a baby in Brazil,and not "abuse the system ",does that mean delivery in a private hospital only?

whether public or private hospital, you are still abusing the system...but that aint the issue, as we are not here to judge how each and everyone here wants to create a better life for their family. just dont go around telling immigration officer about it.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2019
RedPanda:

This is your problem. it is far far difficult to change constitution in the US or Brazil than either Uk or Canada or these european countries. That's why I kept saying if cos I know you are using UK eyes to view this thing. grin

when was the last time there was a constitutional amendment either in the US or Brazil?

They don’t need to change constitution to stop foreigners abusing the health care.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 2:24pm On May 29, 2019
dirahm:
Can you give us more information if you have gone through this process? Thanks
i live in Brail...Sao pauo everywhere is a safe place ,I live in Sao paulo,was living Brasilia before i move here...I have benn living in Brazil for the past eight year and i can tell has a foreigner i will saafe never been attackked before,if you dont do dirty biz nobody will come after you..We have goood hospital all over the states,i have a lot of friends that gave birth in Sao paulo...If yu dont live in Brazil dont say one state is better than the other.I work in the government sector and i know health is good here.

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by princeomoajo: 2:55pm On May 29, 2019
iwuchi101:
@Adj10....I want to ask this question, am working here in Nigeria and i can only have 2 months maternity leave, so am sure i will leave after 2 months of giving birth, like you said i will sure secure my child's Brazilian passport before that 2 months and maybe also get a residence permit too, now my question can i go back to Brazil maybe after a year to apply for my Citizenship as the parent or i must live in Brazil for a certain number of months/years ?

My question:

Hello @Adj10, please i and my wife are in the process of applying for the brazil visa and intend for her to give birth. we are considering sao paulo and are happy to finance her stay for up to 3 months post birth. I wanted to reconfirm if your submission that one can process all documentation including the baby's passport and our permanent residence.

In the case where i cannot stay back for past 1 month after delivery within which i trust we would have gotten the baby's passport (she can stay back for 3 months before she has to return), can she get our PR on our behalf or we both have to be physically present. how certain still certain is the 2-3 months PR processing time?. With the protocolo can one leave and come back to pick up the PR when it is ready? This is because i cant get more than the usual 30 days of work.

I hear the documentation for PR is quite tedious, however, i am still unclear about the list of documents this requires (especially does one has to take from Nigeria upon leaving for brazil). will contracting an immigration lawyer/firm/agent in brazil make it any easier? if yes, can you share the contact of any trusted firm with good success rate.

I have sent you an email and will be happy if you could oblige me you contacts for further communication and clarity as we get along the process.

Apologies, as i know my questions seem like alot for a new comer to this platform. However, i and my wife will appreciate your kind feedback.

Also anyone with information on any of the specific questions posed here can please help with submission where they can.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Zizi81: 3:03pm On May 29, 2019
Thank you for saying all this beautiful thiings about Brazil...I live here and i can proudly say you said the whole truth about my country

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by folmus: 2:27pm On May 31, 2019
Logachev:
OK house...so I travelled to Lagos last month and submitted an application for Brazil tourist visa at the Consulate. My wife is pregnant but we did it nicely that it didn't show a bit. We had a nice chat with the VO and he said we would get a mail informing us to come pick our passports soonest. He said if we weren't available, we could detail someone to pick up for us provided we inform the consulate prior...and all. Howbeit, I had to travel last weekend and I informed a friend in Lekki that he would do the pick up for us when the time comes. Now I have received a mail form the Consulate inviting us for an interview. I don't know if this is an invitation to pick up our passports or another round of VO interview. Mind you every single document submitted was authentic and original so I'm not worried of any such incident. I just want to confirm if this email title is meant to be invitation for collection of passport or not

So what's the update on this?

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by danberg: 3:02pm On May 31, 2019
Beautiful thread! Though, I have British citizenship, I am tempted to have a child in Brazil after reading through from the first page.
I'll still plan a visit with the family though, but just for sight seeing.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by OneNaija(m): 7:57am On Jun 01, 2019
Zizi81:
Thank you for saying all this beautiful thiings about Brazil...I live here and i can proudly say you said the whole truth about my country

Please I would love to ask if it is wise for my wife to apply for Brazil visa through Portuguese Langauge school in Rio. So she can obtain student visa? Please I need ur reply. Thank.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Gracely7th(f): 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Jigsville(m): 12:37am On Jun 03, 2019
Interesting thread, I've learnt a lot. God bless everyone that has contributed�
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Samuelsoma: 11:47am On Jun 03, 2019
Hi princeomoajo, Yes after giving birth to your baby, the baby gets the citizenship automatically and by law you parents also get a PR. However, if you are able to do all the documentations and get the protocolo within a month that you intend to stay after your baby's birth, then your wife can collect the PR card on your behalf, you just need to do a kinda authorization that she will be the one to collect for you. Infact a friend can collect on your behalf as long as you have done the necessary authorization that the friend should collect for you, but bfr you can collect the protocolo you need to get some documents from Nigeria which you will submit for your protocolo application like police report from Nigeria and it has to be notorized by a notary public that is recognized by the brazil embassy in Nigeria and thereafter the brazil embassy will have to also sign and then will send to you in brazil. with the protocolo you can exit brazil and come back to pick your PR but the protocolo is only valid for 3 months of which within those three months, your PR is expected to be ready for pickup. Anyways you can send me an email (samuel.soma@yahoo.com). Cheers
princeomoajo:

My question:

Hello @Adj10, please i and my wife are in the process of applying for the brazil visa and intend for her to give birth. we are considering sao paulo and are happy to finance her stay for up to 3 months post birth. I wanted to reconfirm if your submission that one can process all documentation including the baby's passport and our permanent residence.

In the case where i cannot stay back for past 1 month after delivery within which i trust we would have gotten the baby's passport (she can stay back for 3 months before she has to return), can she get our PR on our behalf or we both have to be physically present. how certain still certain is the 2-3 months PR processing time?. With the protocolo can one leave and come back to pick up the PR when it is ready? This is because i cant get more than the usual 30 days of work.

I hear the documentation for PR is quite tedious, however, i am still unclear about the list of documents this requires (especially does one has to take from Nigeria upon leaving for brazil). will contracting an immigration lawyer/firm/agent in brazil make it any easier? if yes, can you share the contact of any trusted firm with good success rate.

I have sent you an email and will be happy if you could oblige me you contacts for further communication and clarity as we get along the process.

Apologies, as i know my questions seem like alot for a new comer to this platform. However, i and my wife will appreciate your kind feedback.

Also anyone with information on any of the specific questions posed here can please help with submission where they can.

9 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Tolyna04: 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT... but dont ever FALSELY tell Nigerians (or any other citizen of the world) that it is ok to tell immigration officer that you are coming to give birth (aka abuse free Brazilian healthcare system).

I followed your back and forth with that chap. While it's a general rule of thumb that you don't expressly state you are in country to take advantage of healthcare facilities, it's not unheard off what he is claiming.

I know personally of 2 pregnant ladies who got in after declaring they are here to give birth. They were very heavy, it was obvious and they were asked reason for their visits. They were also here on conference visits and stated that too. But, if your aim is to give birth...it all depends on how visibly pregnant you are. if you have a small bump and can hide it well then off course it wont come up when the border official interrogates you but if you are heavily pregnant chances are the official might ask you. Now, I'm not saying you go declare yourself you are here for birth purposes but if asked by the border officer, either you declare the truth or lie. Either way it's up to the discretion of the officer to allow or refuse you. Even if you lied that you were here for other purposes, if the officer doesn't believe you then you could be refused.

it's tricky if you are visibly pregnant. if there are ladies who have given birth in brazil, feel free to talk about how you crossed the border.

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by folmus: 8:34am On Jun 07, 2019
Nobody is updating us here.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by peppo4live: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2019
I wish to know more about "Procuracao". And how powerful it is when using it to apply for work visa.

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by jamesfield: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2019
shocked
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Gracely7th(f): 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
MightyFortress:

Excellent!

Ma you didn't include six months salary account, a letter of introduction from employer and certificate of corporation with your application?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by folmus: 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
Gracely7th:

Ma you didn't include six months salary account, a letter of introduction from employer and certificate of corporation with your application?

Requirements vary from country to country where you are applying from.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by sammyironside: 5:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
What's the update please, will be very good if share.
Logachev:
OK house...so I travelled to Lagos last month and submitted an application for Brazil tourist visa at the Consulate. My wife is pregnant but we did it nicely that it didn't show a bit. We had a nice chat with the VO and he said we would get a mail informing us to come pick our passports soonest. He said if we weren't available, we could detail someone to pick up for us provided we inform the consulate prior...and all. Howbeit, I had to travel last weekend and I informed a friend in Lekki that he would do the pick up for us when the time comes. Now I have received a mail form the Consulate inviting us for an interview. I don't know if this is an invitation to pick up our passports or another round of VO interview. Mind you every single document submitted was authentic and original so I'm not worried of any such incident. I just want to confirm if this email title is meant to be invitation for collection of passport or not

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (182) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.