Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (355002 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
wasn't it obvious that The gov of Brazil would clamp down on the birth tourism loophole thingy?!

As much as anybody is entitled to emergency free healthcare (don't ever believe/think that you can get a heart/kidney transplant etc while on a tourist visa), it's a fraudulent act because the Brazilian taxpayers are footing the bill.

Samuelsoma:
I just thought of an Alternative now guys for people that are still interested in giving birth in Brazil, probably it could work out. Before the woman gets pregnant she can apply for brazil tourist visa, at least when they do the pregnancy test it will read negative, then after getting the tourist visa which is most times one year but you are expected to travel within 90 days from the day of issuance and some embassies will tell you 90days from the day you enter brazil (decision is left to the various embassies tho) you can just go spend like two weeks there and come back to naija, then you now get pregnant and still within the one year you now finally travel back to give birth to your baby. i think that is a good alternative, it all depends on if you have the money to travel twice.
Cheers

The person could still be refused entry if/when immigration officer discovers she is pregnant, thus gave a misleading and/or inadequate pregnancy test to acquire her tourist visa.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Samuelsoma:
ohhh! that so sad, i suspected that as well cos I am fully aware of some countries that have started carrying out pregnancy test as far back as 3yeaars ago at their brazil embassies, but never knew they would start so soon in Nigeria. However,guys here is an eye opener, as an alternative you can consider giving birth in Chile or Argentina (both also in South America as Brazil). As at 29th March 2019(wikipedia), Chilean passport is the 14th strongest in the world and Chile passport is one of the only three passports in the world that is visa free to USA and Canada, the other two are Brunei and South Korea Passports. Chile also offers Citizenship by birth to any child born there. Also Argentina offers citizenship by birth to any child born there and argentina shares same border with Brazil. So guys you can consider those two countries as well as their passports are in the top 20 strongest passports in the world for your child.
Cheers

Thanks Samuelsoma for the alternatives. It is very helpful. Just an addition. Chile gives citizenship by birth but there is a condition that has to be met. That is at least one parent must be a resident at the time of the birth. So if you give birth on a tourist visa, your child will not acquire the nationality. I considered giving birth there but this discouraged me.

Argentina on the other hand gives unconditional citizenship. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
wasn't it obvious that The gov of Brazil would clamp down on the birth tourism loophole thingy?!

As much as anybody is entitled to emergency free healthcare (don't ever believe/think that you can get a heart/kidney transplant etc while on a tourist visa), it's a fraudulent act because the Brazilian taxpayers are footing the bill.

The person could still be refused entry if/when immigration officer discovers she is pregnant, thus gave a misleading and/or inadequate pregnancy test to acquire her tourist visa.

I really don’t understand what you mean by fraudulent? So far as i know, there is no law against obtaining free medical care on any visa. You may suggest that it may be morally wrong and encourage people to use private care instead but fraudulent is the wrong word to use. Choose your words carefully. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
Samuelsoma:
I just thought of an Alternative now guys for people that are still interested in giving birth in Brazil, probably it could work out. Before the woman gets pregnant she can apply for brazil tourist visa, at least when they do the pregnancy test it will read negative, then after getting the tourist visa which is most times one year but you are expected to travel within 90 days from the day of issuance and some embassies will tell you 90days from the day you enter brazil (decision is left to the various embassies tho) you can just go spend like two weeks there and come back to naija, then you now get pregnant and still within the one year you now finally travel back to give birth to your baby. i think that is a good alternative, it all depends on if you have the money to travel twice.
Cheers

Brilliant idea. I love people who think about solutions. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Yes you are right but it is highly unlikely that someone will be denied entry at the point of entry in Brazil after obtaining a visa. You may be referring to the US but if you have been in Brazil and understand how the Brazilian society works, you will know that Brazil and the US are 2 different societies.

And as a matter of fact, one does not commit any crime to enter Brazil pregnant with a visa that was issued when the person was not pregnant. The person did not tell any lie at the time of the visa application.

Let me make a point here... Brazil respects pregnant women a lot. This can be seen from special lane created for pregnant women at the airport, buses and grocery stores. Let’s stop making it look like being pregnant is a crime guys. Cheers
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2019
Adjo10:

I really don’t understand what you mean by fraudulent? So far as i know, there is no law against obtaining free medical care on any visa. You may suggest that it may be morally wrong and encourage people to use private care instead but fraudulent is the wrong word to use. Choose your words carefully. Cheers

Bro it is indeed a fraudulent act to come to Brazil to avoid paying to give birth (in your respective country of residence). The Brazilian healthcare system is solely meant for Brazilian citizens.... And as much as the Brazilian gov has to help people In immediate medical needs, let us all not fool ourselves as to why many (even US citizen) are coming to give birth in Brazil. It is a fraud and although there is no law against it yet (because some GENUINE foreigners in medical need could be affected if law was changed) people are simply playing against the system, which in no way makes it any less a fraudulent act to avoid paying to give birth in your respective country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
Adjo10:

Yes you are right but it is highly unlikely that someone will be denied entry at the point of entry in Brazil after obtaining a visa. You may be referring to the US but if you have been in Brazil and understand how the Brazilian society works, you will know that Brazil and the US are 2 different societies.

And as a matter of fact, one does not commit any crime to enter Brazil pregnant with a visa that was issued when the person was not pregnant. The person did not tell any lie at the time of the visa application.

Let me make a point here... Brazil respects pregnant women a lot. This can be seen from special lane created for pregnant women at the airport, buses and grocery stores. Let’s stop making it look like being pregnant is a crime guys. Cheers

Bro, the law is changing because the Brazilian gov obviously understands that many foreigners (especially now from Venezuela) are coming to Brasil to abuse the system. Nigerians are just a tip of the iceberg, and if you go to the north of the country, healthcare can't cope any longer with the exodus of Venezuelans. It's obvious that Brazil has enough with healthcare abuse, and can't be using the money they barely have to treat foreigners.

Being pregnant would never be a crime, that's is not the point.... Stick to the issue at hand.

Trying to claim that there is nothing wrong with traveling from your country to come 5000miles away to get free medical care (that you don't get in your own country), is a joke. Now, I know anyone should do what is best for their life/family to get a better life but don't try to make it sound like it's right simply because Brazil is one of the few country left in this world that hasn't banned such birth tourism.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2019
Giving birth in Brazil not only guarantees your child a Brazilian citizenship, it guarantees both parents an immediate permanent residence and citizenship to parents after staying in Brazil for just a year. This is indeed the fastest way of acquiring both permanent visas and citizenship. Ordinarily, it can take a person up to 15 years of living in Brazil to get such privileges.

Some people may not be happy with that because they went the difficult route. Well... such is life. Some get it easy while some have to struggle. Just be happy for your fellow brother or sister.

So far as, the Brazilian law doesn’t see giving birth in Brazil illegal, who am i to declare it a crime. You can make all the arguments you want but sorry the law is the law. Dear subscribers, do not give up and remember, you are not doing anything illegal period.

Peace

18 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by ifyalways(f): 8:26am On Jun 25, 2019
Are Nigerians truly going to Brazil to use free healthcare undecided

Or they are paying for the healthcare via private hospitals in exchange for a second passport?

If its the latter, fair enough then but knowing how Nigerians usually are , they will go for freebie even when they can comfortably afford .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ugosample(m): 9:12am On Jun 25, 2019
ifyalways:

Or they are paying for the healthcare via private hospitals in exchange for a second passport?

If its the latter, fair enough then but knowing how Nigerians usually are , they will go for freebie even when they can comfortably afford .

Trust Nigerians na

The polluted environment have conditioned the average Nigerian to be a rapacious opportunist and exploiter of every available thing

its too bad

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by afelouz(m): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2019
I have been following this thread since last year, hoping to use the info I gathered when Wifey is pregnant. I can’t believe Nigerians had already abused the system. Well, I still have plans of applying for the visa in due time.

Pls, how many months or years do brazil issue for tourist or medical visa? Thanks �
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 10:36am On Jun 26, 2019
Adjo10:
Giving birth in Brazil not only guarantees your child a Brazilian citizenship, it guarantees both parents an immediate permanent residence and citizenship to parents after staying in Brazil for just a year. This is indeed the fastest way of acquiring both permanent visas and citizenship. Ordinarily, it can take a person up to 15 years of living in Brazil to get such privileges.

Some people may not be happy with that because they went the difficult route. Well... such is life. Some get it easy while some have to struggle. Just be happy for your fellow brother or sister.

So far as, the Brazilian law doesn’t see giving birth in Brazil illegal, who am i to declare it a crime. You can make all the arguments you want but sorry the law is the law. Dear subscribers, do not give up and remember, you are not doing anything illegal period.

Peace

You are encouraging the abuse of Brazilian free health care system, that is the problem and not citizen by birth. The Brazilian free health care is for their citizens and not for foreigners.

Pay for private hospital for citizenship.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2019
ifyalways:

Trust Nigerians and their abuse of system
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
Adjo10:

Peace

The issue I am raising is not about citizenship... If that's your issue then fair enough.
My issue is About the abuse of healthcare, and as much as I am not against people doing it (some actually do need it), we got to call it WHAT IT IS.
You can believe and do what you want, we are not here to judge people, but let us all call a spade A SPADE. Trying to say that what they are doing is legal/right (just because Brazil is the last country yet to ban such practice of free healthcare for foreigners) makes you sound childish. Again, as I said earlier, Nigerians are just the tip of the iceberg, with the crisis in Venezuela, these healthcare abuses have skyrocketed and its a matter of time before they are banned. Trust Bolsonario for that.

ifyalways:

Ugosample:

Trust Nigerians na
The polluted environment have conditioned the average Nigerian to be a rapacious opportunist and exploiter of every available thing
its too bad

You guys think Nigerians will actually pay for something that is free?! Even poor Americans are doing it.

justwise:
You are encouraging the abuse if Brazilian free health care system, that is the problem and not citizen by birth. The Brazilian free health care is for their citizens and not for foreigners.

Pay for private hospital for citizenship.

This brotha don't get the point... Sadly.

And the sad thing is that some Brazilians in the north are starting to take their frustrations on foreigners coming for healthcare freebies. Why wouldn't you, when the hospital cant take care of their own citizen because they ran out of meds (due to foreigners flocking for free healthcare)? Hospitals are shutting down, they can't cope with the exodus. The system is broken already, yet some foreigners will come and tell us all that the healthcare abuse ain't wrong because they haven't banned it yet. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Kenechill: 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
justwise:

There is an option for healthcare visa, Medical Improvement Visa and health treatment.

The problem is that some Nigerians are not interested in reading and researching.
So if one's wife is pregnant and it's showing, what do you advice they book for please? Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Fallawx(m): 6:38am On Jun 28, 2019
justwise:

Trust Nigerians and their abuse of system

You all get it wrong . No one is abusing any system friends . Please let get things right they are all going for the future of the unborn baby . Check out the process of getting the visa and flight expenses no b beans.
Perhaps the baby would have dual citizenship and pave way for the parent .
Our green passport don cast.
If you never live or born outside Nigeria no come they Type rubbish here .

My daughter was born in Kenya but now lives and school in Brazil . The free health care applies to both citizens and foreigners. People migrate to South America areas due to fast paperwork’s .
Naija population small for here , Haitian, Congolese,Liberians, Angolans are more .

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 7:19am On Jun 28, 2019
Fallawx:

You all get it wrong . No one is abusing any system friends . Please let get things right they are all going for the future of the unborn baby . Check out the process of getting the visa and flight expenses no b beans.
Perhaps the baby would have dual citizenship and pave way for the parent .
Our green passport don cast.
If you never live or born outside Nigeria no come they Type rubbish here .

My daughter was born in Kenya but now lives and school in Brazil . The free health care applies to both citizens and foreigners. People migrate to South America areas due to fast paperwork’s .
Naija population small for here , Haitian, Congolese,Liberians, Angolans are more .

Obviously you are denying the fact and rather focus on what is good for you and your family.

Yes it’s an abuse of system when you lied your way into Brazil only to use their free health care and get citizenship and leave without paying a penny.

Why not pay for a private health care and still get the citizenship?

This is morally unacceptable and Nigerians should have a hard look at ourselves and ask why many countries detest us.

I’m aware that many reading this will hate me even more but I couldn’t careless and will keep speaking out.

We did the same with US birthing system and now the doors are nearly closed, we turned our attention to Canada and Brazil with the same dishonest way.

Let me say this for few fair minded ones here.

I’m not against citizenship by birth, I’m against people doing it fraudulently.

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 7:23am On Jun 28, 2019
Kenechill:

So if one's wife is pregnant and it's showing, what do you advice they book for please? Thanks

Pay for private health care and apply for medical visa. Basically be honest with the situation and if you are refused visa then work on the reason(s) for the refusal

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:25am On Jun 28, 2019
justwise:

Obviously you are denying the fact and rather focus on what is good for you and your family.

Yes it’s an abuse of system when you lied your way into Brazil only to use their free health care and get citizenship and leave without paying a penny.

Why not pay for a private health care and still get the citizenship?

This is morally unacceptable and Nigerians should have a hard look at ourselves and ask why many countries detest us.

I’m aware that many reading this will hate me even more but I couldn’t careless and will keep speaking out.

We did the same with US birthing system and now the is doors are nearly closed, we turned our attention to Canada and Brazil with the same dishonest way.

Let me say this for few fair minded ones here.

I’m not against citizenship by birth, I’m against people doing it fraudulently.

Obviously you don’t understand what the word “fraudulent” means and you are fraudulently abusing a word you have no idea about. Educate yourself my fraudulent friend lol grin

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2019
The Brazilian economy depends heavily on tourism and services patronized by tourists. The system is designed in such a way that even tourists pay super high tax thus: 10% tax on all money exchanges you make in the country, tax on renting apartments, taxi rides etc etc. I most likely paid more tax in Brazil as a tourist than most Brazilians do. That is why public hospitals are by the constitution free for both citizens and tourists alike.

I do not and no one here encourages anyone to give birth in a public hospital. In fact that has never been a point in this thread except few people here who are trying to make it a big deal here lol.

But to put it in context. Brazil has a population of 204 million. How many Nigerians get visas to give birth in Brazil? That number will not even be close to 0.000001% of the Brazilian population. How can such numbers put pressure on the health care system? Obviously, you need some education lol.

Although i do no encourage anyone to give birth in a public hospital, i will certainly not condemn anyone for doing so. I have come across cities in Brazil where the public health care is better equipped to take care of emergency pregnancy situations than private hospitals. And trust me, when it comes to life and death and pregnancy, a mother or father will not even think twice about saving their little one. So shut up if you don’t understand something and stop making a big deal out of nothing.

Peace

10 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by AngelicBeing: 9:55am On Jun 28, 2019
Hmmmm tongue
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Fallawx(m): 9:55am On Jun 28, 2019
@justwise you are still wrong using the word “fraudulent”.

Blame no one , we are all raised differently and you only go with your wallet shape (if you can afford private fine and if you can afford public good )

If you still insist on such that means everyone is guilty of this we all lied during our visa processing.

We are all guilty of getting married to citizens for paperwork purpose and other benefits .

Point of correction Nigerians are never the cause of Us birth system stoppage . Jamaican, Indians, Chinese, South Americans are all guilty of this as well

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ugosample(m): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2019
Fallawx:

If you still insist on such that means everyone is guilty of this we all lied during our visa processing.

We are all guilty of getting married to citizens for paperwork purpose and other benefits .

Point of correction Nigerians are never the cause of Us birth system stoppage . Jamaican, Indians, Chinese, South Americans are all guilty of this as well

remove Indians from that list o
Don't know about south Americans

But Nigerians and Chinese are BIG Culprits

which is not a surprise because these are two countries that have normalised unscrupulous behaviour

Justwise is right in calling all those who do these things are fraudsters
collecting stuff under false pretence is Fraud

people do it yes, but fraud is Fraud

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Fallawx(m): 10:04am On Jun 28, 2019
Adjo10 abeg help me tell them how things goes in Brazil. No one dey abuse anything . If you do anyhow in Brazil, the govt go do you anyhow my people .

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2019
Adjo10:

Obviously you don’t understand what the word “fraudulent” means and you are fraudulently abusing a word you have no idea about. Educate yourself my fraudulent friend lol grin
I understand your position as it’s very common with many Nigerian when it comes to issues like this.

Lying to obtain something you are not entitled to have it’s not seen as a fraudulent act because many are used to doing that.
Telling the embassy that you are going on holidays while heavily pregnant even when you know your true intentions, you addressed up to cover the pregnancy so as not to be spotted by the immigration, all these are done in other to deceive the authorities. It’s fraudulent and you know it.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:12am On Jun 28, 2019
Fallawx:
Adjo10 abeg help me tell them how things goes in Brazil. No one dey abuse anything . If you do anyhow in Brazil, the govt go do you anyhow my people .

Fallawx You are right. It is important that things be put in contexts. Every country is different and one needs to understand how things work in Brazil to understand some of the things we say on this platform.

Unfortunately, some don’t and they make claims and use words they have no idea about. All i can say is that, we will keep providing information to the best of our knowledge for the benefit of those who want to make good use of this opportunity. Their words are unfounded and will not discourage us.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Ugosample(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2019
justwise:

I understand your position as it’s very common with many Nigerian when it comes to issues like this.

Lying to obtain something you are not entitled to have it’s not seen as a fraudulent act because many are used to doing that.
Telling the embassy that you are going on holidays while heavily pregnant even when you know your true intentions, you addressed up to cover the pregnancy so as not to be spotted by the immigration, all these are done in other to deceive the authorities. It’s fraudulent and you know it.

exactly so

we do these things; Yea

But the truth is that it's WRONG
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2019
Fallawx:

Blame no one , we are all raised differently and you only go with your wallet shape (if you can afford private fine and if you can afford public good )

Yes that is fraudulent too the same was lying to obtain free health care you are not entitled to is.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 10:19am On Jun 28, 2019
Fallawx:

Meaning that Nigerians are guilty too?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Adjo10: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2019
Under the Brazilian immigration law of 2017, a tourist visa cannot be changed to another visa in Brazil. It can only be changed into another form of visa in Brazil in only 2 circumstances thus:

1. When you give birth to a Brazilian child
2. When you marry a Brazilian

What do you say about that? Are we better informed than the Brazilian law makers about their own country? You see my friends... context is everything. It is not illegal to give birth in Brazil. Period!

6 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Fallawx(m): 10:22am On Jun 28, 2019
@Adjo10 do you know my daughter milk and money was stopped because my wife have no knowledge of alerting federal that she has start working .
It took a us 5months for us to correct this things.

I believe you are aware no kids is allow to stay in the hospital with parent when they are sick . I wasn’t in the country and we have no ideal how the system get my wife Brazilian friend to come pick up my daughter from the hospital for health safety .

Brazil no dey joke oooo .
We give first hand information for those that need it ....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by justwise(m): 10:23am On Jun 28, 2019
Adjo10:
The Brazilian economy depends heavily on tourism and services patronized by tourists. The system is designed in such a way that even tourists pay super high tax thus: 10% tax on all money exchanges you make in the country, tax on renting apartments, taxi rides etc etc. I most likely paid more tax in Brazil as a tourist than most Brazilians do. That is why public hospitals are by the constitution free for both citizens and tourists alike.

I do not and no one here encourages anyone to give birth in a public hospital. In fact that has never been a point in this thread except few people here who are trying to make it a big deal here lol.

But to put it in context. Brazil has a population of 204 million. How many Nigerians get visas to give birth in Brazil? That number will not even be close to 0.000001% of the Brazilian population. How can such numbers put pressure on the health care system? Obviously, you need some education lol.

Although i do no encourage anyone to give birth in a public hospital, i will certainly not condemn anyone for doing so. I have come across cities in Brazil where the public health care is better equipped to take care of emergency pregnancy situations than private hospitals. And trust me, when it comes to life and death and pregnancy, a mother or father will not even think twice about saving their little one. So shut up if you don’t understand something and stop making a big deal out of nothing.

Peace

Watch your language here

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (180) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.