Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,518 members, 7,847,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

Giving Birth In Brazil - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Brazil (366033 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by IderadeAratumi: 7:24am On May 17
walex222:

Regardless of your insurance, Brazil is not Nigeria and as a matter of fact public health is the best here compared to private. It depends on your choice though. However make sure you know someone that could guide you through because there’s more behind the scene in fact given birth is the cheapest in Brazil it’s not a big deal Ma.

Thanks so much sir for taking your time to address my enquiry. As regards the bolded part of your statement above, I may need to have a rethink and use the public hospital since I am not on ground to know the difference. Or better still, when I arrive, I may visit both the public and private, and then take my decision.

Please can you share a little about what you mean when you say there is more behind the scene? Then is it true that the hospitals there prefer women to give birth through caesarian birth instead of natural delivery?

Please I hope my questions aren't too much. I just want to have as much information as possible to avoid any form of shock when I arrive, in case my expectations differ from the reality. God bless you sir
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by IderadeAratumi: 7:29am On May 17
untamedd:

You're welcome ma'am

Some Private Hospitals include

Santa Joana

Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein

Hospital São Luz Morumbi

Here are some doctors in SP, you can reach out to them:

https://www.instagram.com/drmarceloantonini?igsh=a29rNTduNzZnZmow

https://www.instagram.com/marcelonunesantos?igsh=cXk2a2JpNWwxMWVj

https://draamirahazime.com.br/

Thanks ma'am. I have checked out all the links you shared. Very helpful indeed to give me a head start. I am indeed grateful.

Please what advice do you have for me to facilitate an easy experience for me at the port of entry? Are there specific questions I should be prepared to answer because it is obvious my presence in Brazil is to give birth (I intend to return back to Nigeria one month after delivery).

I'll also appreciate your insight on the questions I raised to Walexx above.

Thanks so much for your time ma'am. I do not take it for granted
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Obinnau(m): 8:49am On May 17
TadeDetule:

I think I got it.

I was wondering whose names would be in the last portion of the form.

I guess the parents'?
yes the parents and the embassy where they are requesting for the authorization
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Obinnau(m): 8:52am On May 17
IderadeAratumi:

Thank you so much for your prompt response ma'am. Highly appreciated.

I am on insurance and don't want to be a burden to their health system by using a public hospital.

Please which hospitals do you suggest in Sao Paulo? I will weigh my options.

Do you also think I can start the process of booking a doctor's appointment after my arrival (although that would be 1 month to my Edd)?

I sincerely appreciate your time ma'am

I think you need to put into perspective the limitation date for flying as a pregnant woman. Qatar almost didn't allow my wife board.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by pufframmy: 12:38pm On May 17
You welcome Sir

Newboy1102:

Thank you boss

Your approved post really pushed me to apply.

Thank you boss
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 4:42pm On May 17
IderadeAratumi:

Thanks ma'am. I have checked out all the links you shared. Very helpful indeed to give me a head start. I am indeed grateful.

Please what advice do you have for me to facilitate an easy experience for me at the port of entry? Are there specific questions I should be prepared to answer because it is obvious my presence in Brazil is to give birth (I intend to return back to Nigeria one month after delivery).

I'll also appreciate your insight on the questions I raised to Walexx above.

Thanks so much for your time ma'am. I do not take it for granted

Like someone mentioned, you have to consider your limitation date for traveling especially if you are flying Qatar. I advise people not to fly Qatar because they are very problematic. If you have already booked them, dress smart and get a doctor's report.

If you're flying any other airline, you'll be fine.

Once you get to Brazil, you don't have a problem. They are not concerned about you giving birth here as long as you have a valid visa. They usually do not ask questions but if they do it would be regarding your itinerary and accommodation.

Regarding hospitals, the difference between Private and Public hospitals is comfort really. In a private hospital, you get a room to yourself and it's more conducive than what you have in Public hospitals. The medical services are pretty much the same. This is not to say public hospitals are not conducive, they are but you get to share room with others.

In private hospitals, communication might be easier because you'll find English speaking doctors. You may find them in public hospitals too especially if it's a teaching hospital.

Regarding C-sections, the rumor is that private hospital easily opt for C-sections because it's easier and less time consuming. The truth is C-section is quite common in Brazil, I know some of us who have birthed here and most of us had C-section. The rule in Public hospitals is that if you are fine with no medical complications, they will not do C-section for you except you don't go into labor at 41 weeks. They also opt for C-section if you have been in labor for a long time. I experienced both.
I also know ppl who had normal births in private hospital so it depends on your situation and also what you want.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Obinnau(m): 6:26pm On May 17
who has an idea how much it will cost me to translate 6 documents in Sao Paulo?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Obinnau(m): 6:32pm On May 17
untamed:

Like someone mentioned, you have to consider your limitation date for traveling especially if you are flying Qatar. I advise people not to fly Qatar because they are very problematic. If you have already booked them, dress smart and get a doctor's report.

If you're flying any other airline, you'll be fine.

Once you get to Brazil, you don't have a problem. They are not concerned about you giving birth here as long as you have a valid visa. They usually do not ask questions but if they do it would be regarding your itinerary and accommodation.

Regarding hospitals, the difference between Private and Public hospitals is comfort really. In a private hospital, you get a room to yourself and it's more conducive than what you have in Public hospitals. The medical services are pretty much the same. This is not to say public hospitals are not conducive, they are but you get to share room with others.

In private hospitals, communication might be easier because you'll find English speaking doctors. You may find them in public hospitals too especially if it's a teaching hospital.

Regarding C-sections, the rumor is that private hospital easily opt for C-sections because it's easier and less time consuming. The truth is C-section is quite common in Brazil, I know some of us who have birthed here and most of us had C-section. The rule in Public hospitals is that if you are fine with no medical complications, they will not do C-section for you except you don't go into labor at 41 weeks. They also opt for C-section if you have been in labor for a long time. I experienced both.
I also know ppl who had normal births in private hospital so it depends on your situation and also what you want.

I totally agree with you about Qatar Air and their problems. The check-in officers almost put my wife in labour when they said she can not board. They said their policy is a no fly without MEDIF from 29 weeks, I argued it out with them and told them I would sue, because on their website it says 36 weeks at most with a medical certificate and not both. It turns out that the guys at the airport (not Nigeria) were operating on an old policy document. After 1 hour of back and forth and contacting Doha Airport, she was allowed to board.

here is the policy for pregnant travel
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/family/expectant-mothers.html

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TadeDetule: 6:36pm On May 17
Obinnau:

Thank you so much
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 8:14pm On May 17
Obinnau:
who has an idea how much it will cost me to translate 6 documents in Sao Paulo?

R$ 80-100 for a single page document.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 8:16pm On May 17
Obinnau:

I totally agree with you about Qatar Air and their problems. The check-in officers almost put my wife in labour when they said she can not board. They said their policy is a no fly without MEDIF from 29 weeks, I argued it out with them and told them I would sue, because on their website it says 36 weeks at most with a medical certificate and not both. It turns out that the guys at the airport (not Nigeria) were operating on an old policy document. After 1 hour of back and forth and contacting Doha Airport, she was allowed to board.

Not surprised at all, seems like they derive joy in delaying and refusing to board. They refused to board a friend, she had to fly Turkey eventually.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Chuwagold: 9:06pm On May 17
Good evening, does anyone know how to go about this , if a lady comes to Brazil to give birth and she didn’t come with her husband, and she needs to make sure the husband’s name is also included in the birth certificate, please do you know how to go about it ?? Please it’s quite urgent.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by oluomoadebayo: 10:14pm On May 17
I think it's difficult to book a trip to Brazil on Turkish Airline now. I thinknthey have issues with Nigerians going to Brazil because you will not find any seat on their website. They are always full.

untamedd:

Not surprised at all, seems like they derive joy in delaying and refusing to board. They refused to board a friend, she had to fly Turkey eventually.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 12:10am On May 18
Obinnau:

Please what the best airline to fly to Sao Paulo from Nigeria
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Obinnau(m): 7:10am On May 18
Newboy1102:

I don't know. Qatar remains the best for me
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by untamedd(f): 2:50pm On May 18
Chuwagold:
Good evening, does anyone know how to go about this , if a lady comes to Brazil to give birth and she didn’t come with her husband, and she needs to make sure the husband’s name is also included in the birth certificate, please do you know how to go about it ?? Please it’s quite urgent.

There is no way to go about it except your husband comes. He has to be present for his name to be on the birth certificate.

If you "manage" to get his name on it somehow, it will complicate your baby's passport application process. He will need to sign an authorization form for your baby's passport as a parent and without him being present to sign it at the passport office, no passport.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TadeDetule: 5:19pm On May 18
Obinnau:

Thank you so much.

What about the "valid date". Should that be his passport validity or the day's date.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by walex222: 5:44pm On May 18
Chuwagold:

It’s all about marriage certificate
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Obinnau(m): 1:43am On May 19
TadeDetule:

Thank you so much.

What about the "valid date". Should that be his passport validity or the day's date.
leave that for the embassy or federal police

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TadeDetule: 1:16pm On May 19
Obinnau:

Oh thank you

Please who knows the current visa fees. I sent an email but no response yet
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by SpiceQueen01: 1:05pm On May 21
Newboy1102:

TAAG Angola is cheaper and without complications even for heavily pregnant women

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by mobimuc9ja(m): 4:20pm On May 21
Greetings my good people, My tourist visa application was not approved. Can I reapply?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 5:50pm On May 21
mobimuc9ja:
Greetings my good people, My tourist visa application was not approved. Can I reapply?

Oh so sorry to hear. Did anything strange happen during the interview?
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Newboy1102: 6:30pm On May 21
Good evening guys, Please guys is one way ticket advisable to fly into brazil or it has to be a return ticket
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TadeDetule: 7:11pm On May 21
Obinnau:

Please how did you go about the letter of consent. Did you take it to ministry of foreign affairs
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Obinnau(m): 7:34pm On May 21
TadeDetule:

Please how did you go about the letter of consent. Did you take it to ministry of foreign affairs
it was notarised first, before taken to the embassy as part of the visa application documents
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by mobimuc9ja(m): 7:53pm On May 21
Newboy1102:

Oh so sorry to hear. Did anything strange happen during the interview?
Nothing strange.....I was expecting positive result but got disappointed when I checked status
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TadeDetule: 8:01pm On May 21
Obinnau:
it was notarised first, before taken to the embassy as part of the visa application documents

Not the authorization form though I mean the consent form. They sent the list of documents to me and they listed the authorization form and consent letter in there. it was stated there that it must be signed at the ministry of foreign affairs and also notarized.

Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by Obinnau(m): 8:42pm On May 21
TadeDetule:

Not the authorization form though I mean the consent form. They sent the list of documents to me and they listed the authorization form and consent letter in there. it was stated there that it must be signed at the ministry of foreign affairs and also notarized.
I didn't exactly apply for ours through the embassy of Brazil in Nigeria. So you should carry on as they have requested.
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TadeDetule: 9:25pm On May 21
Obinnau:
I didn't exactly apply for ours through the embassy of Brazil in Nigeria. So you should carry on as they have requested.

Oh I see

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Brazil by TadeDetule: 9:27pm On May 21
Newboy1102:
Thank you to everybody that shared one or two cents on the group. I came to the topic and started reading from page 1 to 175 which was when I joined.

We applied for our visa March 8, submitted documents via DHL March 15, changed to under review April 3, my wife was invited for interview on April 15th, interview was scheduled for April 24th. Our visas was approved May 10th.

N.B Please always check the portal don't wait for email, till now I'm still yet to recieve an email.

We just got our passport from DHL, it was a stressful journey but were rewarded at the end.

We stated 14days in our application, to visit Rio De Janeiro, Salvador Bahia and Sao Paulo.

Thank you all, I pray those waiting for their visas will get good news soonest

DO NOT USE AGENT FOR BRAZIL VISA!!!!

Please how did you go about the consent form for your daughter

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (Reply)

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.